Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,955 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:22 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (902491 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Folaroyal:

OK... But what makes you think I or any or even every other person on the thread does not have a much pressing need for their passports

I am not in the habit of talking back but as much as I respect your concern.... I am sorry but to be honest...you will not get any advise as regards that particular issue better than that... except of course you want me to be insincere.
We simply do NOT have to be rude here.... let's respect one another... let's take opinions and comments with some sense of tolerance and .......common....!!! show some love to someone who has even spared a minute to respond to you!!!!
If you really want to know.... I as many others have really pressing needs for our passports but still chilling..... Cos you know your purpose... isn't?
It still boils back to.. Opportunity cost!
Wish you all the best dear!

You are a great guy you know? Honestly, I respect your person, and your will to offer help, but you know that moment when u like to hear something soothing (insincere as you rightly said) and you hear otherwise, and you feel like...OH MY GOD! Just pardon my emotional expression. I have to come out to you: PM me...Thanks bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
tzipporah:
PLEASE ANY BRANDON UNIVERSITY PPLES IN THE HOUSE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
MsLee:

But really IT Business Analysis is well in line with your UG. If there are no other reasons attached to employment (either current employment is not in line with proposed program also).... then you need to try and request your GCMS ..... I suspect other reasons. You need to be careful and be certain that even the MBA is ideal for your circumstance!..... Yes ... as awkward as that may sound but it's the truth!
Maybe if you are willing to answer some more questions to clear grey areas..
What line is your employment?... Let's align all.
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Futurewiser: 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
H
E
L
L
O
All, please advise me, which among University of saskatchewan and university of Manitoba, gives out Master admission easily to Nigerian graduates. I know no school is easy but if i have money to pay for only one application fee which school would you recommend. Goinf for a social science course (sociology)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by guzan: 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mikymiko:
Apply with the renewed passport and attach the visa and stamped pages of the old passport for reference purposes.

Please I advice you always be clear with your questions for clear advice/suggestions.
Noted, Thanks......on a lighter note, please i need you to assist in reviewing my LOE....i really hope you can assist me with this too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holameyde: 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
holameyde:
hello house....i have been trying to link my account for a while now...buh the system keeps saying it found no applications..wat could be wrong please.

hey gurus.....please help a bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
Futurewiser:
H
E
L
L
O
All, please advise me, which among University of saskatchewan and university of Manitoba, gives out Master admission easily to Nigerian graduates. I know no school is easy but if i have money to pay for only one application fee which school would you recommend. Goinf for a social science course (sociology)
somebody pls answer this guy abeg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=tzipporah post=51656575][/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Aracely: 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hello House. I'm really scared & getting depressed with what I'm witnessing here regarding pgc/d.

This is my profile: UG- Computer information systems. I'm going for PGC in information systems security at Durham college, Oshawa. I applied for my visa late in September for January intake.

Do you guys think I stand a chance?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
Futurewiser:
H
E
L
L
O

What a familiar moniker you have! Save for and apply to both. Borrow and refund later if you have to. Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Qupp: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
thanks
brandymcmb:

The date you're seeing is the date you linked online, your submission date still stands, it's totally normal

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by michaelbelgium(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ladies and Gentlemen.....Please o...who is applying for Masters at western university....I wan shit for here oooo...the "create account" is not working for sometime now.......please help me friends
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
Usask.ca base on admission decision of both schools that I've seen.
Futurewiser:
H
E
L
L
O
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rintitin: 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
michV:
Hello Mich V......Please I need your assistance.
My application for a study permit (January intake) to Canada was refused on basis of travel history and purpose of visit.
Previous application was online, applied for international business (graduate diploma), did not do medical upfront, used my corporate account.
I intend to re-apply for May session. How best do you this I can tackle this two issues? Please help a brother out here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
Aracely:
Hello House. I'm really scared & getting depressed with what I'm witnessing here regarding pgc/d.

This is my profile: UG- Computer information systems. I'm going for PGC in information systems security at Durham college, Oshawa. I applied for my visa late in September for January intake.

Do you guys think I stand a chance?
Haba.... Fear not jooor!! Who says they don't refuse MSCs too?
Except there are other considerations that we do not know of (eg employment, sponsorship etc).... Your proposed program is well in line with your UG!
One striking thing that seems to be an issue with a lot of applications...... and people continue to fall prey for is.... "Career path progression"
We should have it at the back of our minds while putting up an application that;
1. VO wants to be convinced that you will return after your studies and that you are not using the study path as an opportunity to migrate.
2. In relation to 1. above, deviation from career path or employment line in future studies is quickly picked.... And then earns 'purpose of refusal' reason!
Aside of every other requirements.... 1 & 2 above should form the basis or background or foundation of study permit applications all through!!! Even before sponsorship.
Problem identification:.... Because majority of us have 2:2 and below in our UG and we believe Masters admission would be tight... The next available option is PGD/C... Which is never a problem.... But then we're never patient to pick those that fall in line with either our employment or UG.... Yu see!! Please take note... as this accounts for a higher % of the purpose of visit issue.
Regards
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by onemanarmy: 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
Please House...A candid advise is needed here. Im applying to UniAlberta for Msc Agric in Agricultura Resource Economics and Environmental sociology 2017. Please note, its course based. My profile: Undergraduate course: Agriculture, Class of degree: Second class Upper (3.53). Do you think i should give it a shot considering its a course based masters and not research. Thanks house!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Aracely: 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
Folaroyal:

Haba.... Fear not jooor!! Who says they don't refuse MSCs too?
Except there are other considerations that we do not know of (eg employment, sponsorship etc).... Your proposed program is well in line with your UG!
One striking thing that seems to be an issue with a lot of applications...... and people continue to fall prey for is.... "Career path progression"
We should have it at the back of our minds while putting up an application that;
1. VO wants to be convinced that you will return after your studies and that you are not using the study path as an opportunity to migrate.
2. In relation to 1. above, deviation from career path or employment line in future studies is quickly picked.... And then earns 'purpose of refusal' reason!
Aside of every other requirements.... 1 & 2 above should form the basis or background or foundation of study permit applications all through!!! Even before sponsorship.
Problem identification:.... Because majority of us have 2:2 and below in our UG and we believe Masters admission would be tight... The next available option is PGD/C... Which is never a problem.... But then we're never patient to pick those that fall in line with either our employment or UG.... Yu see!! Please take note... as this accounts for a higher % of the purpose of visit issue.
Regards
Regards.

Thank you. My sponsor is my dad, im currently working at a Law firm but in their IT department, I also attend weekend classes on some IT courses..,I included my employment letter & a letter from my IT course instructor. Does age have anything to do with it because I just clocked 27 in nov. School resumes in jan & I have not been called for medicals till now embarassed I don't even know what to think.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by rintitin: 5:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mikymiko:
Just to remind you that the other reasons stated in the refusal letter is presumed to be an explanation to why the VO queried your purpose of visit. So there is no need requesting for GCMS as the other reason have given a clear VO line of thought considering your application. You possess a degree of greater or equal value and you are going for PGD, you have to explain why going for a lower or an equal degree (that's why purpose of visit was checked in your letter) as the VO seems to be skeptical whether you are a genuine student. Use the other reasons to clearly understand the VO opinion as why he/she queried your purpose of visit. Best wishes.

Hi Mikymiko....Need your assistance.
I Also got refused based on travel History and purpose of visit.
I would be reapplying....in my previous application (15th sept) I presented my corporate and personal statements. can I still use this same statement of have to reprint again?
Thanks to advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
holameyde:
hello house....i have been trying to link my account for a while now...buh the system keeps saying it found no applications..wat could be wrong please.

the details you are filling online is different from what you have on your paper app. make sure they correspond then try again, hopefully it will go.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
rintitin:

I would be reapplying....in my previous application (15th sept) I presented my corporate and personal statements. can I still use this same statement of have to reprint again?
Thanks to advise.
Pls make your submission clearer in order for @Mikymiko to be able to comment appropriately.
He needs those information to be certain your conditions have changed against the last decision and that you are not towing the same path... The money and waiting time is great enough to make us more accurate!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
MsLee:
Hello Gurus,

Please i need advise

My application was denied in September 2016, (My admission was for IT Business Analysis at Cambrian College)
Reasons are; Purpose of visit and current employment situation
Now i got MBA Admission at University of Canada West....how do i tackle the previous application rejection?
Any advise as regard University of Canada West is welcome.

To your previous refusal, your intended program may have correlated with your current employment or UG degree, but the VO might have not seen the relationship.To me this is sometimes a purported attempt to discard the application may be he/she sees not the advancement of this program to your career than alternatively a masters degree program. if the MBA is in order with your undergraduate/work experience,fine. you need NOT to start elaborating on the previous refusal,only justify in your SOP/LOE as if you never applied before and clearly state the importance of this program to you and career with traces of the relationship.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
gaaaa:
@Mzstephh

We have a similar case, I just got my visa refusal letter on 1st of December, I just finished me MSc in the UK and my permit will be expiring January 2017, i applied for a PGC programme in Canada to break into the market should in case i do not secure a job in the UK same reasons given for your visa refusal is the same as the reasons given to me, i guess the best thing is to write a high-powered SOP and applying from country of Citizenship, am going for May 2017 admission and i will leave the UK a day or 3 days before my permit expires so am looking at applying January ending, i just sent you an email, accept my request, lets talk so as to cross-fertilize ideas. Thanks
the VO may have refused you guys because he/she wants you both to establish more home ties with your home country. if you are going for PGC(D) after stating to the VO of your master program in the UK, coming back to Nigeria to re-apply afterwards will only solve the problem of ''immigration status of country of residence'' but i see it not solving the ''purpose of visit'' if you would be telling the VO you are going for a PGC in canada after obtaining masters degree in a 1st world country like the U.K which has equivalent advanced educational system with canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oversworld: 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=goodman31 post=51587290]Good day my people in nairaland. I submitted my application on the 7th of September and biometric on the 8th. So I received a mail that my application for study permit was refused. Purpose of visit was ticked
I pay all the school fees of 17910 Canadian dollars.
I informed my uncle in the Us and he told me to appeal it and that he'll give me affidavit of support. Please as anyone appealed refusal of visa. I didn't want to say no. But I want ask my seniors here. Thank you
@Goodman31 are you on whatapp Or rather can I have your contact talk about this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ikennali01(m): 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
sanky346:
Hi guys. Please I need someone in Canada to help me pay 150CAD while I pay the naira equivalent to the person's naira account. My whatsapp contact is 09028026900. Thanks

How urgent do you need to make the payment? If you can wait for 2 weeks I can help you pay online when I come home for vacation and then you'd give me the money in cash.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
rintitin:

Thanks to advise.

First, concerning purpose of visit, state your previous undergraduate discipline and current job? So as to ascertain if it is related to your intended programme in Canada. If related, you must provide concrete reasons why you choose to study the PGC/PGD as it is equal or lower to your current educational qualification.

Second, concerning travel history, if you are using a renewed passport, please endeavour to include the visa pages and stamp pages in ur old passport to really convince them of your travel history. Since the renewed passport will still bear the old and new passport numbers. All is for reference purposes and write a detailed letter of explanations addressing all their concerns.

Third, you have to reprint an updated statement of account.

Best wishes.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oversworld: 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=Ikennali01 post=51663241]

How urgent do you need to make the payment? If you can wait for 2 weeks I can help you pay online when I come home for vacation and then you'd give me the money in cash.@ Ikennali01 can we chat. Are u on whatapp or u are BBM ID, will appreciate ur reply. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by pyhz: 7:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
Please anybody coming to Canada Toronto this week?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineverest(m): 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
*umanitoba*

i have submitted my application online;pls,when do i send my offiicial transcript to the school?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
martineverest:
*umanitoba*

i have submitted my application online;pls,when do i send my offiicial transcript to the school?
Your question should be best answered by your sch (U of M).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
U should check your applicant dashboard to see the list of 'to do activities' it should be there and if not, the admission officer will send your an E-mail when they are attending to your file.
Mikymiko:
Your question should be best answered by your sch (U of M).

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.