Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908534 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 1:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
ifydio:
Hello house
This situation is just frustrating, ought to resume to lambton college 2nd of this month, for a 2yrs course on cyber security and computer forensics. After visa application since September 21, medical's not called in for, even sent the school a mail on the situation, maybe I can get an extension but no response yet. Why will the embassy keep advocating for people to come to there country to study and yet be this discouraging. Hope fading away gradually. Have anyone passed through situation like this before and still got trv?

You're not in this alone, if that could console you. I applied on Sept 26th. Processing time is 15 weeks presently.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 1:36pm On Jan 03, 2017
hayqinsbFX:
well....ill say 7km apart.
Fanshawe is a bus ride from where I stay. lets relate

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by toluene1234: 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2017
Rapture007:

I intend traveling to Canada to study Business Administration either PGD or certificate programme in a college in Vancouver or Prince george.
And my sponsor gave me a budget of about 1.5million naira
1.How is it possible to pursue the dream with the said amount judging that school fees is about 12,000 Canadian dollars on the average for the two colleges I intend applying to.
2.Is there any place I can source Canadian dollars from to avoid the madness in U.S dollar so as to save cost in paying my school fees
3.I have decided to go through agents who are good in helping people secure visa, can I actually save more and get a chance of securing the visa if i do it my self?

There shouldn't be a problem to your 1.5m if it is d closing balance on your sponsor account and there is a good inflow and outflow in dat account. In addition to dat, if your sponsor source of income can be easily verifiable and all docs supporting his source of income are provided, then you are good to go. Note: I know someone who has #150 as closing balance but 15M+ as inflow and outflow and still get his trv. Good luck to all trv hopefuls.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Danoluwa(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
Eraytee:

ok i'll get back to u, am also applying for my TRV nxt month, still gathering my documents, am a geologist too with m.sc from U.I (petroleum geology) and going for PGD at SAIT petroleum engineering technology, just same with my friend.

ok thanks. you can reach me on danfad04@yahoo.com

@Austinpee Are you saying another M.sc will be better than an advanced diploma.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2017
Osemigho:

i guess it means; Do you have a spouse or parent who is working, schooling or has applied to do any of the two in canada?
boss keep up the good work!
If i may ask, are you considering the US also or only mapleland? Just in case, tips on US package will be appreciated grin
Recently i have been having second thoughts on focusing on canada alone with all the refusals here and there, i just want to be certain i am gonna leave to a better place
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Okchuks: 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2017
Bamz:

You're not in this alone, if that could console you. I applied on Sept 26th. Processing time is 15 weeks presently.
I also applied 19th September to resume 9th January,it's really a very frustrating time as you can't plan ahead,but we remain hopeful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2017
Riddeek:
If i may ask, are you considering the US also or only mapleland? Just in case, tips on US package will be appreciated grin
Recently i have been having second thoughts on focusing on canada alone with all the refusals here and there, i just want to be certain i am gonna leave to a better place
I will also be applying to at least two schools in USA this January. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
Okchuks:
I also applied 19th September to resume 9th January,it's really a very frustrating time as you can't plan ahead,but we remain hopeful.

Did you apply online?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2017
miella:

I will also be applying to at least two schools in USA this January also. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket.
nice move!
A downside is that you have to take GRE and IELTS or have you taken the tests?
By the way, are you self funded or your attendance is dependent on funding?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 2:38pm On Jan 03, 2017
Riddeek:

Smiles.

Low GRE (148/148; 3.0) + limited funds for application fee + little reading here and there on current PR conditions for international students in US and Canada + trump policy uncertainty = Focus on Canada alone. Thanks.

It is good to have reasons to why you are doing what. I respect your reasons and choice but I believe good packaging and faith will help overcome your fear.
Many were rejected by US but got Canada at first trial. I guess you go rethink and run back to canada now. lol. Just focus, read, package and pray.
I am just an admission seeker.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 2:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
Osemigho:

Smiles.

Low GRE (148/148; 3.0) + limited funds for application fee + little reading here and there on current PR conditions for international students in US and Canada + trump policy uncertainty = Focus on Canada alone. Thanks.

It is good to have reasons to why you are doing what. I respect your reasons and choice but I believe good packaging and faith will help overcome your fear.
Many were rejected by US but got Canada at first trial. I guess you go rethink and run back to canada now. lol. Just focus, read, package and pray.
I am just an admission seeker.
chai!!! I don even forget say na trump era we dey, wetin i dey think sef. cry
No be my fault, as i dey see pple dey ball out daily, to remain for this country sef come dey do me somehow.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 3:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
mevisbleek:
Good day Guys,

It been a minute since i last logged in. Returned from Denver yesterday after a 9 days trip to usher in my spouse to the USofA. Omo men, you guys are probably used to visa interview transcript and departure transcript. Let me start something new, transcript from a sponsor, lol.

America is super pricey and they only care about your money. Advise to people in naija, I beg if your sponsor no stand well I BEG no leave naija. If money no too dey i beg go Canada cos the place is cheaper and you can work off campus for 20hours as a student. I was told by the international student office at University of Denver that for thr first year one can only work on campus, to get campus job sef no easy. My forecast was that my woman would get a gig on or off campus, little did i know that America no be as them dey take talk am.

Eh, so this is why VO's put so much emphasis on who is sponsoring you. Anyways, my journey started in Calgary, Canada which is a 2hrs 30mins flight to Denver. Jesus, biko see expenses below:

Return ticket to Denver = $586
Rent= $900/month, paid 2 months = $1800 (1 bedroom apartment close to bus station and grocery store. Most importantly, very close to Wing Stop, lol)
Cable & Internet- 150mbps (Comcast) = $99.99/month + $100 deposit since we didn't have SSN= $199.99
Power= Got this setup but expecting first bill in the mail in Sept. forecast $40/month
Security Deposit = $200
They had to do background check before signing the lease= $100 for the both of us (Never heard of this in Canada)
Stayed in Hotel on the first day = $135 + $12 parking + GST
Wifey registered for 3 courses which cost = $7500 ($2500 per course)
Health Insurance= $2660 for one year
Car rental= $56/day for 9 days, used EZ Rental = $504 + GST
House furnishing, student style which includes couch, tv, bed frame, mattrass, etc = $1800
Walmart shopping which includes grocery, pillow case, microwave etc = $386

Total expenses for the 9 day welcome trip cost roughly $15k

Biko, ejo, please in any other language wey people understand, after this experience e be like say Canada come make better sense for hustling students oh. I never even land I met a Nigerian girl pleading with my wife to stay in her apartment because she has no money and life is kinda tough for her in yankee. Wetin concern me, I agreed since I will barely live in the apartment.

To people still in naija, I beg discuss well with your sponsor before leaving naija, America wey i see no easy at all. At the end, its worth waiting 5 weeks for that Canada visa oh. lol.

This is not meant to scare anyone, I am just sharing my experience. Make i go back to my job sothat I can generate more money for American government to chop.

Stay blessed guys
i came across this in the usa thread just now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2017
Riddeek:
nice move!
A downside is that you have to take GRE and IELTS or have you taken the tests?
By the way, are you self funded or your attendance is dependent on funding?
I will be writing GMAT this January because it is a compulsory requirement for business schools even in Canada and IETLS in February.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
Riddeek:
Canada is advisable for people who want to immigrate via study means especially considering the length of getting PR in Canada to USA. Both countries are good but what Mr A wants is different from what Mr B prefer.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iamlimitless: 3:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
Riddeek:

For engineering students that are eyeing USA as a second option, I can be of help with some little information. It is all about choice, but those with an intention of staying after studies should lean towards Canada. We are hoping that Trump will maintain the present OPT and H1B policy .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2017
Bamz:

is a crazy situation...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:56pm On Jan 03, 2017
Riddeek:

Lol. What do you expect in a capitalist oriented country like US? Can't imagine that expenses in this Buhari and Aboki dollar era. Na only full funding be their surest bet.

Don tey wey I enter that US room. Make I flash reach their side. cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Khloepatra3: 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2017
guys please i need tips on writing my SOP especially where i have to prove that i have family ties here in nigeria and i will come back home after my studies. please its very urgent. thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kike100: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
Thank you !!
penitential:
Either of this two options can help you
1 if your undergraduate course of study is HR
2 if you have good years of work experience in that field.
If not, please don't waste your time and money.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
Please house my application has gone past the processing time. Is this what people mean when they say their application is delayed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by MunezSanti: 10:02pm On Jan 03, 2017
hello...is it advisable for international students to apply for the summer semester?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by guzan: 10:04pm On Jan 03, 2017
Khloepatra3:
guys please i need tips on writing my SOP especially where i have to prove that i have family ties here in nigeria and i will come back home after my studies. please its very urgent. thank you
I will say if you have declared your parents in your forms, you can add their Birth certificates or national I'd or voters card,just ensure you provide proofs.if you are married a marriage certificate should do the magic.in my opinion,I believe parents or employment is the best tie you can have back home. I leave the gurus to take you further on this cc:michv,folaroyal, osemigho etc

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hello KrisB how did you tackle the issue you had of doing an upfront medical a week after you submitted your application. Did sending the medical forms by mail help? How did you go about it.
krisB:
[quote author=krisB post=48990123]Congratulations!
Please did you receive a mail stating that your application has been approved before your passport was dispatched or did you know about the approval after the dispatch.?

[qquote author=Vemmmy post=48988574]Hello house! To God be the Glory!! And this is my testimony..
First application: Jan15th 2016 (online)
Upfront medicals
Delayed :April 16th 2016
Reason: program of study not related.
Course: project management.
Fanshawe College
BSC qualification: Geology and Mineral Science.

2nd application: May 23rd 2016 (online)
Course: changed course to Geographical information systems (GIS)
Fanshawe college.
Used all CIC forms..
Closing balance: 9M
6 landed properties worth 10M
Used the same medical results
Medical passed: August 18
Passport request: August 22
Passport dispatched: August 30th
Trv received: August 31st.
This is an uncommon Favour..I didn't believe it not until I received my TRV. This is more than my human comprehension! I refired again this time with a lot of fastings and prayer vigils. I wish all TRV Hopefuls divine Favour all the way!
Happy New Month everyone!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
lovetrumps:
Please house my application has gone past the processing time. Is this what people mean when they say their application is delayed.

Relax.... don't be so pessimistic. People on here prefer to say delayed instead of refused. When did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by TemitopeJ16: 10:40pm On Jan 03, 2017
emma4eva:
Pls send me a mail meetemmanuel4eva@gmail.com

Emma no even post list of TRV hopefuls for Winter 2017 session again.

Choi.....d guy don run go canny and forget people wey dey hopeful.

Anyways...God dey.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 03, 2017
guzan:
I will say if you have declared your parents in your forms, you can add their Birth certificates or national I'd or voters card,just ensure you provide proofs.if you are married a marriage certificate should do the magic.in my opinion,I believe parents or employment is the best tie you can have back home. I leave the gurus to take you further on this cc:michv,folaroyal, osemigho etc
Well said!

@khloepatra3...... For any person that is an applicant... Your strongest/primary ties to your home country remains; your immediate family (spouse and children), immediate-extended (aged parents) and present employment.

Your landed fixed properties, siblings and verifiable investment are secondary ties.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
TemitopeJ16:

Emma no even post list of TRV hopefuls for Winter 2017 session again.

Choi.....d guy don run go canny and forget people wey dey hopeful.

Anyways...God dey.
No vex ooo.... But please understand that he should be kind of occupied at the moment and considering that he'll just be trying to settle down.
Anyone could kindly pick that up .... continue from where he stopped.
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 03, 2017
Please you mentioned something now that caught my attention. Kindly clarify, Do they write delayed in the status if it is delayed? Or does one just knows it is delayed when it is not within the processing time. I
Bamz:

Relax.... don't be so pessimistic. People on here prefer to say delayed instead of refused. When did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 11:16pm On Jan 03, 2017
lovetrumps:
Please you mentioned something now that caught my attention. Kindly clarify, Do they write delayed in the status if it is delayed? Or one just knows it is delayed when it is not within the processing time. I

You may get approved or refused outside the processing time. I hope that is clear to you. 'Being delayed' was coined on the thread for a refusal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Khloepatra3: 11:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
thank you very much for this
Folaroyal:

Well said!

@khloepatra3...... For any person that is an applicant... Your strongest/primary ties to your home country remains; your immediate family (spouse and children), immediate-extended (aged parents) and present employment.

Your landed fixed properties, siblings and verifiable investment are secondary ties.

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Khloepatra3: 11:18pm On Jan 03, 2017
thank you!
guzan:

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.