Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908477 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joblinks1: 11:10pm On Jan 08, 2017
for your second question , if you submit your application online , your passport will still be with you . you will only be required to scan every stamped page of your passport with the application

chigrad:
Good day great house. I want to know if it's advisable to do medicals before visa application. I'm about starting my Canadian VISA application. Someone pls help me with a good advice as its urgent.
2. Can I start my canadian VISA without submitting my International Passport immediately as I intend traveling with the passport for a short journey and would also want to start the application. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by matogbe: 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hello guys, I need advice for what school I can apply to, for Meng or MSC with fast processing of admission, I intend studying Electrical Engineering with GPA of 3.501
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emakgaga: 11:57pm On Jan 08, 2017
The Geoscience field has been really slow in Canada due to the downturn in the resource sector (mainly exploration and mining). Our hope is that the oil patch and mining sector pick up steam in the coming years. Keep that in mind because the good jobs in Geophysics are mainly tied to exploration and mining. This is assuming you wish to get some work experience after your studies.

Most schools only offer Masters and Ph.d programs in Geophysics, however a few colleges in Canada offer Geological Technology diploma. e.g Yukon college: https://www.yukoncollege.yk.ca/programs/info/geological_technology and NAIT: http://www.nait.ca/program_home_76839.htm

You will find a lot of schools in the U.K and Australia offer PGD in Geophysics.

terrymason:
which PGD/C program is related or suited for a Geophysics graduate? tho my cgpa is 2.63. gracias friends
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by advanceDNA: 12:04am On Jan 09, 2017
mzjennypher:
Dear house, pls which cheap school in canada can i get for masters without english test proficiency test.

The cheapest school in Canada in university of northern British colombia.tuition is less than 4000 Canadian dollars.however applications have closed for 2017 entry...u can apply for 2018/2019 entry now.
Next is University of manitoba..its not as cheap as the one above...tution is 10,000 Canadian dollars dats about N2.250million...I love this school so much cos Nigeria is listed among the countries English proficiency test is exempted for.
Goodluck

There are other cheap schools..like simon Fraser University., victoria University both with tution around 5400 cad...dats around 1milion plus...but u must have toefl or ielts..and application fee is a bit high..around 147dollars

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by terrymason(m): 12:17am On Jan 09, 2017
emakgaga:
The Geoscience field has been really slow in Canada due to the downturn in the resource sector (mainly exploration and mining). Our hope is that the oil patch and mining sector pick up steam in the coming years. Keep that in mind because the good jobs in Geophysics are mainly tied to exploration and mining. This is assuming you wish to get some work experience after your studies.

Most schools only offer Masters and Ph.d programs in Geophysics, however a few colleges in Canada offer Geological Technology diploma. e.g Yukon college: https://www.yukoncollege.yk.ca/programs/info/geological_technology and NAIT: http://www.nait.ca/program_home_76839.htm

You will find a lot of schools in the U.K and Australia offer PGD in Geophysics.

thank you! I will keep that in mind.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by terrymason(m): 12:26am On Jan 09, 2017
emakgaga:

due to my low Cgpa, I don't know if any school will admit me for Msc that's why I opted for PGD... Do you have any clue on that? thanks boss.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 12:26am On Jan 09, 2017
thesoj:

PS: You can study computer security in a masters program, but it would be a specialization under a computer science masters program. It also likely would be more foundational and theoretically comprehensive than what you'd get in a PGD program on computer security.
My sentiment exactly.Also, IT generally have extensive and direct application of it's content.Work place focused master degree in IT (MIT,Meng,MIS)have surfaced over time in canada and computer/network security is one critical area that have it's comprehensive approach, global standards and practicability which the research focused degree like an msc or a PGD which will have slightly less detailed concepts to tackle emerging issues in same field may not afford one.
But then, it still boils down to what the applicant wants. I agree with you bro @thesoj
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emakgaga: 12:57am On Jan 09, 2017
Its quite difficult to get a Masters admission considering your GPA.
Your PGD may just come in handy.

terrymason:
due to my low Cgpa, I don't know if any school will admit me for Msc that's why I opted for PGD... Do you have any clue on that? thanks boss.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joeadex(m): 3:11am On Jan 09, 2017
Osemigho:

It is either your agent is dumb or you didn't hear him/her well. To say your GPA doesn't matter except TOEFL is the dumbest thing have heard in this race.
If you are sure that your agent said that, then, he/she must be agent of darkness and evil. Run away from such person and take your life and decisions personally.

Your CGPA matters a lot. Particularly, the GP of your last two years of study.

For now, stay away from UK except you have money and ready to come back home after studies, or want to do the highly risky and unadvisable akata runz. I wouldn't try UK if I were you.

Calculate the GP of your last two years of study and let us know. Plus you really have to be dedicated to this, cos you will be doing most yourself.
tnkz for ur response, pls do I still need to go for TOEFL exam, if u don't mind can I hav ur number because I hardly come online because of my busy schedule.....nd I'm planning of traveling after my services year. Tnkz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 3:41am On Jan 09, 2017
ifydio:
Hello house
I have cime across some post with people trying to make pgc inferior to masters and to me I really don't agree to that assertion. I think is a matter of interest and what either of the two can offer u going forward. Let me use my self as an example. I graduated with a CGPA of 4.28 in computer science, my interest was in computer security, all I get from the universities was Msc in computer science while colleges I got specifically what I'm looking for, cyber security and computer forensic my sponsor wanted an Msc but due to the fact Msc wasn't offering me what I desired, I opted for pgc and convinced my sponsor . It wasn't because of tuition, that in it self wouldn't have been an issue. But the interest is just the driving force. Trv to me is not factor of pgc pgd or Msc. Submitting what is required and pray that's all. I'm still an hopeful though but what ever the outcome I won't change for Msc.. hopefully it will be a positive outcome though.cheers.

To avoid unnecessary headache and waste of time and resources just get a masters admission (with your high cgpa) and use that to apply for your visa and when you get here you switch to your pgd .

With the way things are, be like say these VO's no dey won take eye see PGD anymore.

And just to chip this to the house,with the recent development of the air pollution in China, the applicants from China have more than doubled both for direct PR and study permit. Most Chinese are migrating to other countries especially Canada. Make this one sef no go reduce quota further for the year 2017 for Nigerians and Africans in general.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 4:23am On Jan 09, 2017
advanceDNA:

The cheapest school in Canada in university of northern British colombia.tuition is less than 4000 Canadian dollars.however applications have closed for 2017 entry...u can apply for 2018/2019 entry now.
Next is University of manitoba..its not as cheap as the one above...tution is 10,000 Canadian dollars dats about N2.250million...I love this school so much cos Nigeria is listed among the countries English proficiency test is exempted for.
Goodluck

There are other cheap schools..like simon Fraser University., victoria University both with tution around 5400 cad...dats around 1milion plus...but u must have toefl or ielts..and application fee is a bit high..around 147dollars

I will like to add MUN, SAS, and UNBC.
Give them TOEFL/IELTS if required. You can't afford to miss them because of IELTS/TOEFL that is simple to pass. Just practise for the exams well in 2-3wks with YouTube videos, and you will be good to go.
Shalom!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by honeyscottage(m): 6:23am On Jan 09, 2017
nelly28:

1.. if u gat a legit job source of income pushing in gud flow into ur acct dat will show not jst d one year overall expenses, but d duration of d two years, but if not it beta for u to get a sponsor, even if d sponsor is showing one year expenses which is d nornal CIC requirement.

2. print it coloured u gud with it , if u can't wait for d post hard copy, no stress bro.

3. Yea

4. sponsor’s bank statements( 6months)
sponsor’s employment documents:
sponsors Earnings pay slip.
sponsors date page of national passport .
sponsors Marriage certificate.
sponsor's land deeds (if any)
sponsor's taxe clearance ( if any)
sponsors share cert (if any)
sponsor 's affidavit of support
sponsor's letter of sponsorship.

Thank you. Please I would like to have you number.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by honeyscottage(m): 6:34am On Jan 09, 2017
vickyehi:
Please I need info as to how to pay my tuition fees to brandon university undergraduate studies using form A.
-where I can find the account details
-how long it takes
-and what the current rate for gtb Form A is
Thanks...

Mail the school and ask for the bank account details.
Don't really know the time frame.
Ask the bank for the rate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:03am On Jan 09, 2017
joeadex:

tnkz for ur response, pls do I still need to go for TOEFL exam, if u don't mind can I hav ur number because I hardly come online because of my busy schedule.....nd I'm planning of traveling after my services year. Tnkz

You rarely need TOEFL. In fact, I will advise you don't do it until the school mandate it.
Ok.
PM.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 7:41am On Jan 09, 2017
good morning everybody, please I intend on going to Canada for my undergraduate study, I would appreciate if you could give a list of universities that you think is good for chemical engineering and that also grant admission quick and also how to process my visa from Nigeria....pls I would appreciate your answers pls.......thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 7:46am On Jan 09, 2017
thesoj:

I get your points and you are right that one could choose a PGD over a masters if it offers better post-graduation opportunities. Having said that, I'd suggest you see things from the VO's perspective: PGD admissions are sooo easy to obtain unlike masters admissions, so desperate visa applicants are likeliest to go the PGD route but not as much the masters route.

Last year, a much higher fraction of PGD applicants got visa denials compared to masters applicants. Admittedly, this may be due to the possibility that PGD visa applicants are more likely to put together worse visa application documents than masters visa applicants (if we can infer from their lower CGPA and/or rush to leave Naija) OR it could be due to the likelihood that PGD applicants are more likely to pick courses that are incompatible with their prior education.

To be objective, a PGD is not equivalent to a masters, a masters is a superior academic qualification. Btw, I have nothing against PGDs (I have a sibling finishing a PGD in Canada and it has served him well)... just being objective here.

PS: You can study computer security in a masters program, but it would be a specialization under a computer science masters program. It also likely would be more foundational and theoretically comprehensive than what you'd get in a PGD program on computer security.
PGC not PGD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ifydio(m): 8:02am On Jan 09, 2017
brandymcmb:

To avoid unnecessary headache and waste of time and resources just get a masters admission (with your high cgpa) and use that to apply for your visa and when you get here you switch to your pgd .

With the way things are, be like say these VO's no dey won take eye see PGD anymore.

And just to chip this to the house,with the recent development of the air pollution in China, the applicants from China have more than doubled both for direct PR and study permit. Most Chinese are migrating to other countries especially Canada. Make this one sef no go reduce quota further for the year 2017 for Nigerians and Africans in general.
have already applied for Visa. Still being hopeful for positive result.
My course though is on PGC not PGD. Though I still have an interest for a Masters program after the PGC or a year into the PGC if possible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by matogbe: 8:11am On Jan 09, 2017
Hello guys, I need advice for what school I can apply to, for Meng or MSC with fast processing of admission, I intend studying Electrical Engineering with GPA of 3.501
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by terrymason(m): 8:21am On Jan 09, 2017
emakgaga:
Its quite difficult to get a Masters admission considering your GPA.
Your PGD may just come in handy.

Thanks once again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 8:28am On Jan 09, 2017
AJANIEmmanuel78:
good morning everybody, please I intend on going to Canada for my undergraduate study, I would appreciate if you could give a list of universities that you think is good for chemical engineering and that also grant admission quick and also how to process my visa from Nigeria....pls I would appreciate your answers pls.......thanks

Google to get the list. Make one, and come for opinion about the programs.
After you finally apply for admission to at least 3 schools, read this thread from part 8/9. Track important post about admission and visa documents by liking or sharing them.
When you get admission, you apply for student visa. Worry less about it until you get admission. The best you can do is read about it before admission.

Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by AAOL: 8:52am On Jan 09, 2017
Hi Ifydio.. I understand your point. We are in the same boat with leakingbasket. I noticed that VOs give priority to the level of education and even the length of period of study i.e Masters then PGD (2yrs) then PGC (1yr). The worst is that even PGD get priority over PGC.

Let me give you an example. When I applied for Visa on October 13, Masters applicants that applied 2 weeks after me got called for medicals and even the guy that applied November is in Canada now. The Visa Officer kept PGC applicants for July, August, and September till Dec 30 and 31 fixed as Judgement day which is still refusal.

Accra Visa officers in general are not happy with PGC applicants. Sometimes it's advisable to go through online cos it's like Online favours few PGC with good application. Now if you check through this thread for the whole of 2016, you will notice that only 2 PGC (not PGD) applicants were successful through Paper route. Can you imagine?. What most people with high CGPA do nowadays is apply for masters, prove that you can pay for fees and all other expenses and when you get to Canada you can change to PGD.

My sister, we are in this alone. I know I have applied for Visa with PGC and won't give up. Meanwhile, a nice fellow here PMed me and suggested an MBA program that is even half of my full tuition for PGC.

Please let's join hands and pray as we remain hopeful. Believe me, God answers prayers.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 8:59am On Jan 09, 2017
Processing time is 16 weeks. Updated on January 4th.

It's a shame that we may only use the IRCC web form if the application has exceeded normal processing times. IRCC keep extending the time to be able to process more January entries I believe.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Dampop1: 9:11am On Jan 09, 2017
Hello good people, please I will like to send my transcript to winnipeng, canada ...Please Which can I use DHL or FedEx and you can also suggest a better logistics please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 09, 2017
Dampop1:
Hello good people, please I will like to send my transcript to winnipeng, canada ...Please Which can I use DHL or FedEx and you can also suggest a better logistics please

You can use TNT very reliable and cheaper than the aforementioned.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by stechi(m): 9:47am On Jan 09, 2017
Please I would like to know if this thread is strictly for Canadian Study Visa or general discussion on all types of Canadian Visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by moyin1010: 10:23am On Jan 09, 2017
AAOL:
Hi Ifydio.. I understand your point. We are in the same boat with leakingbasket. I noticed that VOs give priority to the level of education and even the length of period of study i.e Masters then PGD (2yrs) then PGC (1yr). The worst is that even PGD get priority over PGC.

Let me give you an example. When I applied for Visa on October 13, Masters applicants that applied 2 weeks after me got called for medicals and even the guy that applied November is in Canada now. The Visa Officer kept PGC applicants for July, August, and September till Dec 30 and 31 fixed as Judgement day which is still refusal.

Accra Visa officers in general are not happy with PGC applicants. Sometimes it's advisable to go through online cos it's like Online favours few PGC with good application. Now if you check through this thread for the whole of 2016, you will notice that only 2 PGC (not PGD) applicants were successful through Paper route. Can you imagine?. What most people with high CGPA do nowadays is apply for masters, prove that you can pay for fees and all other expenses and when you get to Canada you can change to PGD.

My sister, we are in this alone. I know I have applied for Visa with PGC and won't give up. Meanwhile, a nice fellow here PMed me and suggested an MBA program that is even half of my full tuition for PGC.

Please let's join hands and pray as we remain hopeful. Believe me, God answers prayers.

it's well. But I thi it's better to apply with Masters then one can switch after getting the visa. I got my trv with Master admission but a changing to something else. My process time wa within one month despite the fact medical mail has been sent a week before I checked but it's God's favor sha. I noticed something also it's better on choose a course relate to your undergraduate study or work experience then course can b changed after getting visa. I want to go social service worker but I have two degrees one in Law and another in Public administration and hav work experience in a management setting. The best option was to apply with MBA .but in all also let us be prayerful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by moyin1010: 10:25am On Jan 09, 2017
moyin1010:
it's well. But I thi it's better to apply with Masters then one can switch after getting the visa. I got my trv with Master admission but a changing to something else. My process time wa within one month despite the fact medical mail has been sent a week before I checked but it's God's favor sha. I noticed something also it's better on choose a course relate to your undergraduate study or work experience then course can b changed after getting visa. I want to go social service worker but I have two degrees one in Law and another in Public administration and hav work experience in a management setting. The best option was to apply with MBA .but in all also let us be prayerful.
dont mind my typing error phone misbehaving
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chimah3(m): 10:38am On Jan 09, 2017
thesoj:

I get your points and you are right that one could choose a PGD over a masters if it offers better post-graduation opportunities. Having said that, I'd suggest you see things from the VO's perspective: PGD admissions are sooo easy to obtain unlike masters admissions, so desperate visa applicants are likeliest to go the PGD route but not as much the masters route.

Last year, a much higher fraction of PGD applicants got visa denials compared to masters applicants. Admittedly, this may be due to the possibility that PGD visa applicants are more likely to put together worse visa application documents than masters visa applicants (if we can infer from their lower CGPA and/or rush to leave Naija) OR it could be due to the likelihood that PGD applicants are more likely to pick courses that are incompatible with their prior education.

To be objective, a PGD is not equivalent to a masters, a masters is a superior academic qualification. Btw, I have nothing against PGDs (I have a sibling finishing a PGD in Canada and it has served him well)... just being objective here.

I think this is a misconception to Nigerians.
I have spoken to a lot of friends in Canada
And they all insist that Diploma graduates and Masters graduates still end up getting the same job opportunities...
It all boils down to your skill sets.
Not here in Nigeria, where a Masters graduate is treated as LORD irrespective of his ignorance.

Just my opinion!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 10:43am On Jan 09, 2017
Will send you E-mail soon.
michV:
alright,in addition present your ''job position'' to as ''HR Officer'' and signify what PGC in HRM will add to your career at this point in life.

@Peneintal if i spelt you moniker correctly...please whenever you come online,please i need you to PM me.i need to get some details concerning something very crucial
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thecommunist(m): 10:48am On Jan 09, 2017
hello people,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thecommunist(m): 10:48am On Jan 09, 2017
hello people,
i have B.sc in Elect/elct engineering (grade 2.2)
i have M.Sc in information technology from NOUN(open university)..
and i have skills and experience as an electrical and instrumentation engineer in the manufacturing industry in nigeria. now i want to migrate to canada. what are my best options and how and where do i start?
ordinarily, i would want to go under the skilled worker program, but i don't mind going through schooling program if that would better my chances. please advise me.(is it possible to get a PHD program with my masters degree from NOUN )
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 11:49am On Jan 09, 2017
moyin1010:
Smart move!
if you finished from a course, get admission into that course/related course and also the dept of your choice, apply for ur TRV with the aligned course and after you are granted, the ball is now in your court and you can resume your intended course in mapleland.
I hope people learn from this and stop getting course mismatch refusal, its annoying to be refused for that silly reason even after scaling through financial strength and home tie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.