Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908573 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
I still ask myself what would ever make me forget I was once refused visa? I had the opportunity to meditate & reflect on this as i am seated at cubana lounge now (those in PH would know here) while working on my psychological mind to get a true painting of this re-occurring obscenity from applicants. I came to conclusion;

1) The applicant wasn't the one that filled the IMM1249/Application form/study permit form.
2) He may have filled the form but played smart to leave the portion blank and leaves the VO to answer such or feels that a VO may be careless to have not captioned that.
I see no reason I wouldn't declare mere refusal in any country I am applying to. you gain trust when you truthfully answered YES to such and when you say NO or purportedly leave such blank, you are thereby increasing your level of distrust in any country's immigration system.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
yemdogg:

I am not averse to "PROFITABLE LIES"

After all, Our services ain't free ! grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Infact, this thread day make me laugh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 6:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
michV:
I still ask myself what would ever make me forget I was once refused visa? I had the opportunity to meditate & reflect on this as i am seated at cubana lounge now (those in PH would know here) while working on my psychological mind to get a true painting of this re-occurring obscenity from applicants. I came to conclusion;

1) The applicant wasn't the one that filled the IMM1249/Application form/study permit form.
2) He may have filled the form but played smart to leave the portion blank and leaves the VO to answer such or feels that a VO may be careless to have not captioned that.
I see no reason I wouldn't declare mere refusal in any country I am applying to. you gain trust when you truthfully answered YES to such and when you say NO or purportedly leave such blank, you are thereby increasing your level of distrust in any country's immigration system.
grin grin grin grin grin grin.....This matter day sweet me for belle.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackanada(m): 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
I need advice.

My sister plans to begin her masters next year january. In the mean time she's out of school and working.

Should my Dad list her as a dependent when I'm applying for visa? Or he doesn't need to since she hasn't began studies yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
There is no need yet.
Blackanada:
I need advice.

My sister plans to begin her masters next year january. In the mean time she's out of school and working.

Should my Dad list her as a dependent when I'm applying for visa? Or he doesn't need to since she hasn't began studies yet.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 6:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
DereI:
Hello All,

Good afternoon. I have followed this thread since Part 1 and knew that soon, I'll be posting mine here too.

So after applying to two schools in Canada (Algonquin College, Ottawa & Camosun College, Victoria BC), I finally got an Acceptance letter from Camosun College today to study Post-Degree Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resource Management & Leadership Option and this is where it begins.

I have created a profile on CIC website and gotten the Checklist of documents to be submitted.

Hopefully by monday next week, I should pay the Initial deposit for the school in order to receive the LOA.

I believe ur UG is inline with ur proposed course of study/work experience?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
BOSCO123:
Good Morning Everyone .Please i have a small issue ,i applied for a master degree in university of Ottawa and I have submitted all the requirement except my transcript ,which my school (Uniben) is still processing and will send it by courier to u of Ottawa ,but the deadline to submit all my document ,is March 1st for fall, which I applied for .My fear now is ,if u of Ottawa don't get my transcript ,before the deadline ,they might not process my application .What can I do to avoid this .My school is still processing my transcript.
@BOSCO123 I saw the the msg request you sent to me. I am having problem linking the msg to start chatting with U. I hope you av solved the problem U stated above. If not, I had similar prob too. Solution== I called the Grad School Rep and she told me to forward my Unofficial transcript via a mail which I did and my application was updated to "Complete Application" ( My official Transcript still in transit). So no fears, your application can be processed with your unofficial transcript. I also encountered a prob as one of my referees found it diff to use the reference link that was sent to him. I sent a mail to the Grad School Rep and explained the situation to her. Solution== My referee was asked to send his letter via a mail to Grad school, and my his reference status was updated.
Glad to know you av applied to Uni Ottawa. What prog? Hope this will solve the problem. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Finestlex(m): 6:32pm On Feb 22, 2017
opeyeminas:
Good afternoon guys. Woke up to this mail this morning and this is the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life, hope it won't cost me this visa after all the stress I went through. What are my chances of getting visa after replying them with prove in my SOP stating I was previously refused Visa on 2 separate occasion with reasons attached and I even include my GCMS which should also serve as evidence that it was just a mistake I made out of negligence. Help will be appreciated Asap because am being given 15day to reply. Thanks a brother in need.
you doing biometric shows your record is with them. Countries share database these days.. I'm sure US, UK and Canada share. When it comes. Especially to visa application, it's best to be honest. I really hope they don't ban you cos even after the 5yrs, your record is there and will always pop up. Best of luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Finestlex(m): 6:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
Eastcoast1:
Good afternoon guys. Please I made a terrible mistake by not declaring if I have been denied USA visa or not when I was submitting my application. I have been denied USA visa three times. This afternoon I got a mail from CIC to explain why I have done that and I need to reply them in 15days. Please I need everyone to enlighten me on what to do. Thanks.
declare to them you've been denied US visa trice and tell them you misinterpreted the question thinking the form refers to Canada only. State the reasons why they denied you for US. You just gotta come clean and seek God's intervention.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Finestlex(m): 6:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
Blackanada:
I need advice.

when I applied for visa, I have 6 siblings but I only declared 2. Declare your sister as sibling but not dependant if your dad got average finances. But if he's very wealthy, then declare as dependent

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Is2bEe(m): 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2017
Blackanada:
I need advice.

your sister is out of school and working and surely over 18 years.... She's certainly NOT a dependent

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iseise: 6:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
[quote author=Adekunmi92 post=53958495]

@Folaroyal, please sir I need to you email address there is something you needcto check for me please. abelise200@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 6:55pm On Feb 22, 2017
Folaroyal:

Honesty i always encourage people to DIY .. but only in exceptional cases when you cannot help yourself or get help around... Then you can solicit for legal assistance!

However, pls note that the lawyer's draft is not a guarantee to secure you a pardon but to passionately present you in a good light!!

response to CIC will still be on your account and signed by you... Not on a Chambers letterhead! And since your lawyer is not the same as the VO; the final decisions lies in the discretion of CIC!

These cases are very common in the recent times that you begun to wonder if CIC will continue to pardon everyone??..... As in... They all forgot they were denied

I understand how you feel but it will be well.
Regards

A lawyer would only paint the whole situation as an inadvertent mistake and wouldn't do more than that. The surrounding circumstances will determine if indeed it was a mistake or intentional. Trust me these VOs will see past that. They are trained psychologist that will feed on the slightest crumb of info and put them into perspectives.

Res ipsa loquitur................The fact speaks for itself !

Like you said, The rampancy of these issues by now would have changed the mentality and perception of these VOs about Nigerian applicants, I am fairly certain that they'd be unforgiving in circumstances like this.

We should all learn from this. Be it Intentional or Inadvertently, we should avoid situations that put us into tight corners.

The truth is, situations like this could have been avoided easily. It takes nothing from you to be truthful or careful, as the case maybe.

To the persons concerned...Did you include your UCI NUMBER in your new application? If yes, you could place heavy reliance on that, stating that if it was your intention to conceal or make misrepresentations to the Canadian Embassy, you wouldn't have included your UCI Number. N.B This should not be a standalone justification for the omission or misrepresentation, however, in my own opinion, it could to an extent sway the VO.

@Folaroyal well said bro ! Thanks for the other day !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackanada(m): 7:05pm On Feb 22, 2017
Is2bEe:
your sister is out of school and working and surely over 18 years.... She's certainly NOT a dependent

One question though. When she's applying for her visa (in like September) if I've gotten mine, will my dad list me as a dependent (I'm admitted to a fully funded program)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackanada(m): 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
Finestlex:
when I applied for visa, I have 6 siblings but I only declared 2. Declare your sister as sibling but not dependant if your dad got average finances. But if he's very wealthy, then declare as dependent

One question though. When my sister is applying for her visa (in like September) if I've gotten mine, will my dad list me as a dependent (I'm admitted to a fully funded program).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
No. He should not declare you as dependent except if you're depending on him financially.
Blackanada:

One question though. When my sister is applying for her visa (in like September) if I've gotten mine, will my dad list me as a dependent (I'm admitted to a fully funded program).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 22, 2017
This should help! Payment of schl fees and travel allowance.
We are delighted to inform you of the new regulatory guidance from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on foreign currency (FX) sales for Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) and school fees.
Effective February 21, 2017, you can now walk into any Diamond Bank branch and request for foreign exchange (FX) for PTA and school fees. Based on this update, please note that PTA application on the Diamond Online portal has now been temporarily suspended.
The following key points should be noted while applying for any of aforementioned FX:
FOREIGN EXCHANGE SALES
The CBN shall commence the sales of foreign exchange to banks on a weekly basis every Tuesday strictly for Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) and school fees.
SALES FOR PERSONAL TRAVEL ALLOWANCE (PTA)
Applicants shall be eighteen (18) years of age and above.
Beneficiaries shall be holders of the Nigerian passport and shall be account holders in the chosen bank.
PTA will be for travel of not less than 5 hours.
Travel must be undertaken within 14 days of sale of PTA.
Maximum amount entitled to shall be $4,000 per quarter.
SALES FOR SCHOOL FEES
Remittances shall be made directly to the school’s account.
Applicant shall be recognized parents/guardians.
Maximum amount shall be $15,000 or its equivalent per term/semester.
Applicants shall present the following documents:
1. Duly completed Form “A”.
2. Admission letter from the school.
3. Invoice from the school.
You can also visit our website www.diamondbank.com for more information on documentation requirements.
For enquiries, please contact your Xclusive Banker, call our 24 hour Contact Centre on 07003000000, or send an email to xclusive@diamondbank.com. To offer feedback or m

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackanada(m): 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
penitential:
No. He should not declare you as dependent except if you're depending on him financially.

I mean I'm currently using his soa to support my application as my sponsor. But I have also been given full funding to cover tuition tuition and living expenses.

I decided to use my dad as a sponsor because I read on this forum that it's not advisable to present only the funding from my masters program.

So would I be considered a dependent?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 8:13pm On Feb 22, 2017
same thing i said NO! since you're operating on full funding. Your dad can choose to do otherwise if his S.O.A is heavily loaded. Remember that declaring you as dependant, the V.O might be taking into consideration financial capability of your sponsor. BTW i think even if he declares you as a dependant, he will have to state his financial commitment to you, in that case the amount declared as commitment may not really affect your sister's app (if the balance on the S.O.A is okay to the V.O)
Blackanada:

I mean I'm currently using his soa to support my application as my sponsor. But I have also been given full funding to cover tuition tuition and living expenses.

I decided to use my dad as a sponsor because I read on this forum that it's not advisable to present only the funding from my masters program.

So would I be considered a dependent?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Blackanada(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
penitential:
same thing i said NO! since you're operating on full funding. Your dad can choose to do otherwise if his S.O.A is heavily loaded. Remember that declaring you as dependant, the V.O might be taking into consideration financial capability of your sponsor. BTW i think even if he declares you as a dependant, he will have to state his financial commitment to you, in that case the amount declared as commitment may not really affect your sister's app (if the balance on the S.O.A is okay to the V.O)

Thank you Sir!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
Curlie:

Thanks a lot sir/ma. I am so grateful

you are welcome
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vickyhail(f): 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
hello everyone, will i need to write GRE to be able to apply for adminssion in canada universites for masters program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Wolecypher: 9:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
I applied for a school in canada. I have been given admission to resume in September. The only issue I have now is that my passport will expire next January.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
NO!
vickyhail:
hello everyone, will i need to write GRE to be able to apply for adminssion in canada universites for masters program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by cube2nerdy: 9:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
Segeye:
TRV Approved. To God be the Glory
Thank you to all the contributors on this epic thread. This has been the most useful source of information for me. I am indeed very grateful.
Here is my timeline:

• Application Submitted: 4th November, 2016 (online)
• Biometrics: 7th November, 2016
• Medical request: 30th January, 2017
• Medical done: 31st January, 2017
• Medical passed: 3rd February, 2017
• Passport request: 9th February, 2017
• Approval mail: 17th February. 2017
• Passport collected: 20th February, 2017

M.Eng University of Regina

Documents Submitted
1. Completed IMM1294 form
2. International Passport (data page)
3. Acceptance letter:
• Acceptance letter from Uof R
• Fee schedule
• IELTS result
• NYSC certificate
• Undergraduate degree certificate
• Undergraduate transcript
• WAEC certificate
• CV

4. Means of Financial support:
• Letter of employment
• My Statement of account
• Payslip for past 4 months
• Sponsorship letter from mother
• My Birth certificate
• Fixed deposit certificates
• Sponsor Statement of account
• Certificate of incorporation of business
• Letter of reference from bank
• List of shares from CSCS
• C of O of 3bdrm house

5. Digital photo
6. Completed IMM5645E

I wish all TRV hopefuls the best... Yours will come soon.

Bro congrats!
Can i pm you priv8ly pls

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
Adekunmi92:

@Folaroyal, please sir kindly check your mailbox for my message adelekanoluwa*****@ymail.Com
You may want to confirm.... Did you secure any affidavit of sponsorship for all your sponsors?!
Checking though!
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by senator77: 10:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
Hello everyone, i quickly need your advise on which course to pursue admission for.
Undergrad - materials & metallurgical engrg
experience - 10 yrs work in Technical warehouse of one of the top 3 telecom company in Naija.
knowledge - full grasp of all telecom systems hardware & warehouse management.
proposed PG course in Canada - M.Eng electrical eng (focus : communication); PGD electrical & computer eng (focus: communication), M.Sc Supply chain management and finally M.Sc Technology management and entrepreneur.
PLEASE I need your advise once again considering my work experience as i was once advised not to go for masters in my Undergrad FIELD due to no activity for a long time in that area. pls advise a brother.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 10:36pm On Feb 22, 2017
Folaroyal:

@Osemigho.... Pls stop it!!!... I couldn't control my laughter seeing your post ....even dou it's not funny!!!
We all know the truth here but if i say we need lawyers to help us use more lies to cover up...@Yemdogg may attack me again!! And really it seems that's our main available option.
It is well.

You are gradually becoming part of the problem and not the solution.

Very soon Canadian embassy will have no regard for letters from those lawyers. Will not be long.

Post encouraging people to get a lawyer to cover mountain of deliberate lies will be removed as soon as I see it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Is2bEe(m): 10:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
Blackanada:

One question though. When she's applying for her visa (in like September) if I've gotten mine, will my dad list me as a dependent (I'm admitted to a fully funded program)
ensure you list each other as siblings in the family form. It's better not to use the word "dependent" try to avoid it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Feb 22, 2017
justwise:

You are gradually becoming part of the problem and not the solution.
Well, it came initially as a rare case and we needed to help until it became a daily affair... Hence in my recent post i have advised caution and for people to remain truthful while completing visa applications! It is unfortunate as these activities causes delays in visa processing due to stringent vetting.

Very soon Canadian embassy will have no regard for letters from those lawyers. Will not be long.
I also stressed that it is logical for VOs to begin ignoring such pleas... As the case couldn't have been an omission for everyone affected... Moreso it's now a common occurrence!

Post encouraging people to get a lawyer to cover mountain of deliberate lies will be removed as soon as I see it.
Guys who cannot desist from such acts of misrepresentation will adopt the DIY to bear the consequences of their actions

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Finestlex(m): 3:32am On Feb 23, 2017
Blackanada:

No, he doesn't have to name you as dependent if you're in Canada. congrats on your scholarship.

(1) (2) (3) ... (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.