Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (906698 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ugoerico(m): 6:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
michV:
i concur,some once they get their TRV.. bye bye to the thread ..some just observe without assisting us.you can apply for GCMS (5cad$) by yourself as long as the individual in canada can just give YOU this details (the person in canada feel him/her is busy) if your are very close to the person; name,address,canada phone no,postal code,province,status of the individual in canada, and you are good to go to apply on ur own. we need such assistance even if you wouldn't let ur details to anyone but you can help apply for the individual.
I wil toe the line of assisting like u said...if and only if my dispatched passport enroute VFS turns out to be TRV! I so pledge!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by holar2ge(m): 7:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
mryoung16:

Online or paper route?
Paper route boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Divfav(m): 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
With a deep sense of respect i am writing to the good peoples of this page.
please i shall be very glad if i Can get answers to thèse my questions.
1. Is it acceptable for a 30 yrs old to apply for undergraduate in a Canny uni?
2. Apply for an undergraduate at 30 yrs,Will my age not deny me of getting a study permit at the Canny embassy
About the sponsor,is it the sponsor that Will pay for all my expenses or it Just serve as camouflag
If i sud be considered for a scholarship,Will the scholarship covers all my expenses because i am from a vert poor family?
Looking forward to Reading answers to my questions.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 7:42pm On Sep 16, 2016
olageeee:
Hello house I will like to know the exact amount in Naira for study permit.. Am aware us CAD 150.. But my bank keep saying insufficient funds.. Am using gtbank... Thanks
its 235 dollars, biometric fee included.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mryoung16: 8:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
emma4eva:

That is how much in Naira?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mryoung16: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2016
holar2ge:

Paper route boss

Ok bro, I plan to go for online but don't know how much in Naira will Gtb MasterCard charge me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Emsley: 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2016
greenbackboogie:

Are u actually for winter 2017 session or deferred from fall 2016 to winter 2017. I find it difficult to print a acceptance letter on my student portal (deffered to winter 2017). Looking for somone going to conestoga who plans to deffer.

@greenbackboogie New to this forum. I'm actually going to Conestoga too but want to defer for winter 2017. How did you defer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chrissybaybee: 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hi all..please can someone be kind enough to explain the difference between a 'sop' & loe' to me. I actually thought the statement of purpose is used when applying for admission in a school while the letter of explanation is what is submitted to the embassy alongside your application.

Ild appreciate more light on this please, anyone.
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 9:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
Pls Gentlemen.. what's the current visa application fee? paper route nd online route.. thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jayjayjay007: 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2016
nam16:
dont try it..apply via paper

Why do u say so?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jayjayjay007: 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
thanks for your reply. LOE is letter of employement right? Did u do your application on line?

Also:

My course has a co-op semester. when applying for study visa online i was asked "Is work an essential component of your studies?" which i answered yes. Now when i try to do a co-op work permit application online it just directs me to my study application (yet to submit). Because i answered yes to that question does it mean i will get a study and co-op permit same time or how does it work?
Sevenody:

You can put your transcripts under LOA. All my academic docs went there then police clearance was under LOE along with SOP and others . You can also include yr employers letter there though for me, it was a study leave approval.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jayjayjay007: 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2016
hello All,

My course has a co-op semester. when applying for study visa online i was asked "Is work an essential component of your studies?" which i answered yes. Now when i try to do a co-op work permit application online it just directs me to my study application (yet to submit). Because i answered yes to that question does it mean i will get a study and co-op permit same time or how does it work?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2016
mryoung16:

That is how much in Naira?
I told u before its 69k

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by kakamsi: 9:43pm On Sep 16, 2016
Churkie:

@estee! esteechri!! esteechris!!!, please I need this cake of yours too. Mbok grin Abeg Pm me for location.

grin grin grin abeg lemme laugh, u guys will not kill me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sholaystar4me(m): 9:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hello great people

My friend got passport request sometimes in July, stating he should send thru prepaid envelope. But when he got to DHL office, the agent told him they no Longer do prepaid that once it is ready for pick up, he will arrange with them again to pick up, so he sent his passport thru DHL. But uptill now he hasn't gotten any mail from the embassy if his passport is ready or not

My questions :

1- is it possible not to get mail from CIC when the passport is ready? Or will he get mail stating the passport is ready and he should arrange for pick up?

2- is there a way to track the passport to know if it is ready or not?

Pls a swift response will go along way to help, my guy is so worried abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Hardidem007(m): 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hello all.Please is it a good idea to apply for a second undergraduate degree in economics at the university of Manitoba after having studied management and accounting as first degree here in Nigeria?

What are the chances of getting a TRV approval?
Will the V.O see this as an academic progression or potential immigrant?

I'm 24 and the fact is I already applied for TRV since 19th of last month online route before getting to know about this wonderful thread filled with brilliant and amazing Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Jimaktol: 10:00pm On Sep 16, 2016
Hi,

What school?

holar2ge:
I summited my student visa application yesterday but am yet to pay tuition fee becos the deadline is NOV 9th, hope I am safe?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by metrecube(m): 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
Good day house,

Applied August 12th.
medical passed today.
did upfront medical.
paper route. linked online. It will surely end with praise.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
jurobi26:
Please, is there anyone in d forum wwho applied to d uni of winnipeg, am really confused ryt nw, I applied for January 2017 admission, I h ave been waitin for d admission leta only to b told dat my app will b reviewd Feb 2017, am extremely confusd, is there any1 ind ouse in d same shoes wit me

You sure say no be FALL 2017 term you apply for instead of winter term as you claimed?

Kindly check well Sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by greenbackboogie(m): 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2016
Emsley:

@greenbackboogie New to this forum. I'm actually going to Conestoga too but want to defer for winter 2017. How did you defer?
I mailed the school via Jduchaine@conestogac.on.ca introduced myself,with student number and course I gain admission for, then I requested my admission be differed due to the fact that I haven't gotten a decision concerning my study permit status. I got a response and went tru http://internationalportal.conestogac.on.ca with my user name and password to print my new acceptance letter which I mailed to cic
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
iyobs7:
For sometime now I have keenly observed that most people that are denied, are denied either because of their Statement of Purpose and Financial resources.

I know there are so many persons like me monitoring this thread to get information, it would be nice if those that have gotten their call for medicals, those that has been granted visa, and also those that are already in Canada assist those of US intending to apply so we do not miss our way or make mistakes.

This is a passionate plea.

Concerning this finance issue from my own point of view:

1. Most people here just throw in company statements with their apps without the necessary documents backing it up like board resolution letter , e.t.c and there must be a strong reason why a company would want to spend millions on you which should be clearly and plainly stated in a sponsorship letter and duely signed. (I strongly advice using personal statement of accounts tho)

2. If parents are not going to be acting as sponsors please look for sponsors who are closely related to you.
State the relationship with enough proof and state a very clear reason why the individual would want to spend such amount on you. On the sponsorship letter state the person's job, monthly income, Dependants if any, company name and address, phone number e.t.c. as well as documents to back them up.

Calculate your fees plus cost if living for a year (fees + $10, 000 Cad) convert to naira using the current rate of Cad and make sure there's more than enough left in your sponsors account to cater for his family after this figure would be deducted.

Please let's put in more work into our applications to avoid all these refusals, seems we are not putting in enough work on our applications latelty on this thread compared to former apllicants.

Work on study gaps, literally give no room for a VO to deny you. After gathering your documents pick them up and act like a Visa Officer, list all the denial reasons we have been seeing here and scrutinize them against those reasons and anywhere u see a loophole tackle before submitting.That was what I did on my app. Just a single document or letter left out can be very costly.

Let's try and do volunteer jobs too and add such certificates to our CV's and apps, I did that to mine. Canny people like volunteering well well.

Cheers!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Ed321: 11:15pm On Sep 16, 2016
brandymcmb:
please how do i check for current rate of Canadian dollars ?

Concerning this finance issue from my own point of view:

1. Most people here just throw in company statements with their apps without the necessary documents backing it up like board resolution letter , e.t.c and there must be a strong reason why a company would want to spend millions on you which should be clearly and plainly stated in a sponsorship letter and duely signed. (I strongly advice using personal statement of accounts tho)

2. If parents are not going to be acting as sponsors please look for sponsors who are closely related to you.
State the relationship with enough proof and state a very clear reason why the individual would want to spend such amount on you. On the sponsorship letter state the person's job, monthly income, Dependants if any, company name and address, phone number e.t.c. as well as documents to back them up.

Calculate your fees plus cost if living for a year (fees + $10, 000 Cad) convert to naira using the current rate of Cad and make sure there's more than enough left in your sponsors account to cater for his family after this figure would be deducted.

Please let's put in more work into our applications to avoid all these refusals, seems we are not putting in enough work on our applications latelty on this thread compared to former apllicants.

Work on study gaps, literally give no room for a VO to deny you. After gathering your documents pick them up and act like a Visa Officer, list all the denial reasons we have been seeing here and scrutinize them against those reasons and anywhere u see a loophole tackle before submitting.That was what I did on my app. Just a single document or letter left out can be very costly.

Let's try and do volunteer jobs too and add such certificates to our CV's and apps, I did that to mine. Canny people like volunteering well well.

Cheers!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Daarey: 11:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
Guys, do I need to write any letter to the school stating my reason for not resuming this month?...My Offer letter has it that I can resume by sept 7 2016 or Jan 6 2017, did my biometrics on the 17th of August 2016, I'm yet to get any response from CIC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 16, 2016
Daarey:
Guys, do I need to write any letter to the school stating my reason for not resuming this month?...My Offer letter has it that I can resume by sept 7 2016 or Jan 6 2017, did my biometrics on the 17th of August 2016, I'm yet to get any response from CIC.

Please mail the grad sec and inform her on the situation of things
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 16, 2016
brandymcmb:

Please let's put in more work into our applications to avoid all these refusals, seems we are not putting in enough work on our applications latelty on this thread compared to former applicants.
bro rephrase that statement in respect to my above bolded.you are finding my trouble.Bro lemme categorically tell you that 50% out of 100 applicants on this thread for PGC were delayed on a deliberate attempt by CIC.i use myself as an example, can you compare my funds with the lady's funds approved yesterday for PGC having 6.5m without paying any fee? i had 6.1m and having paid 7789cad which means i have like 7.12m and was refused on insufficient for tuition only, still i am the only dependant! Does that not interpret a meaning that Accra VOs to be precise know actually what they are doing. I like being practical and analytical when presenting concerning issues.masters applicant will use family friend as sponsor CIC will approve and PGC will use family friend as sponsor thesame CIC VOs will refuse it angry. i am not debating with you cos you and i are friends here but saying we aint putting much effort like our predecessors here is a controversial statement cool. guide your words oo na public you dey talk too oo.no make me para.. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by solbob(m): 12:21am On Sep 17, 2016
Applied paper route on may 25th,pdg at Niagara college and nothing yet from CIC, abeg any Niagara college student in the house or any Niagara college applicant in the house? Pls pm me abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 12:54am On Sep 17, 2016
michV:
bro rephrase that statement in respect to my above bolded.you are finding my trouble.Bro lemme categorically tell you that 50% out of 100 applicants on this thread for PGC were delayed on a deliberate attempt by CIC.i use myself as an example, can you compare my funds with the lady's funds approved yesterday for PGC having 6.5m without paying any fee? i had 6.1m and having paid 7789cad which means i have like 7.12m and was refused on insufficient for tuition only, still i am the only dependant! Does that not interpret a meaning that Accra VOs to be precise know actually what they are doing. I like being practical and analytical when presenting concerning issues.masters applicant will use family friend as sponsor CIC will approve and PGC will use family friend as sponsor thesame CIC VOs will refuse it angry. i am not debating with you cos you and i are friends here but saying we aint putting much effort like our predecessors here is a controversial statement cool. guide your words oo na public you dey talk too oo.no make me para.. grin

Lmao you don vex, na advice I give o lol and i stand by my word though, I mean in "general" we need to work more and like @thesoj always says, applicants from NL make up a very minute number of applicants for TRV from nigeria in general so results from here cannot be used as a yardstick. A lot of folks outside NL still dey get TRV for Advanced diploma sef talkless of PGD. And mind you different VO's handle different apps. One VO might grant TRV to someone with #5m balance and another VO might treat that same app and deny the person so nothing is certain here. One VO might see a loophole another didn't see In a particular app.

Now that TRV's are much harder to come by we need to do more convincing especially for PGD applicants. We need to keep it simple and at the same time make it a solid application, and no much ambuguity.

And I strongly believe there is more to this PGD issue that we don't know yet, all wetin we dey do here na ordinary speculation.

Until we know the main reason why PGD applicants are been refused from Accra, we can just continue to speculate

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Yelowfellow: 1:56am On Sep 17, 2016
Holabisi:
Good afternoon house....I'm about to send my applications in some universities in Canada, university of Ottawa and Manitoba, I just need help with proof reading my personal statements and CV. Please anybody willing to help with it....I will really appreciate it.Thanks

Hello, good day. Please regarding your application to University of Manitoba, did you apply undergraduate or postgraduate? Did you write the publication/writing sample? If so, Please how did you do it and what does it entail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by olageeee(m): 4:48am On Sep 17, 2016
emma4eva:

****Thanks bro finally submitted gtbank rate was #309 to CAD... Will I have to go nd do biometrics immediately? The message in my account keep saying biometrics not needed at these time, i taught I will do biometrics immediately after submission! Will I be contacted When ready to do or should I just go to vfs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 17, 2016
Okay.GCMS report is the way to go now.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sholaystar4me(m): 6:20am On Sep 17, 2016
Someone should please reply

Thanks in advance

Sholaystar4me:
Hello great people

My friend got passport request sometimes in July, stating he should send thru prepaid envelope. But when he got to DHL office, the agent told him they no Longer do prepaid that once it is ready for pick up, he will arrange with them again to pick up, so he sent his passport thru DHL. But uptill now he hasn't gotten any mail from the embassy if his passport is ready or not

My questions :

1- is it possible not to get mail from CIC when the passport is ready? Or will he get mail stating the passport is ready and he should arrange for pick up?

2- is there a way to track the passport to know if it is ready or not?

Pls a swift response will go along way to help, my guy is so worried abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 6:25am On Sep 17, 2016
Churkie:

For third party sponsorship, it is not compulsory that he pays tuition before TRV application. Instead, the sponsor can move the full tuition fee and if possible 10,000 room & board fee into the applicants acc and back this up with a sound SOP.

Thank you for this. I wish people would read more.

CC: bluegirl080115

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.