Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908373 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
I applied in University of Manitoba last night and surprisingly #32016 Was removed from my account.

I thought one Canadian Dollar is #240?
I was expecting them to take 24,000 and they took 32,016.

I wanted to apply to two universities with #50,000 Now university of Manitoba has taken more than 50% of that money.

When did 1 Canadian Dollar turn to #320.16?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
sholay2011:

grin grin grin grin cheesy

True talk though @ post.
yes na..enter street in ur hood you would see guys never mind the country, the language,their concern is to cross boarders more especially to Europe not even yankee and they believe they would surely survive.i mingle with street guys cos that is where you get realistic informate and then you add it to your educational knowledge.no be this one some people never apply for admission/trv dem don dy find white collar job grin..bad as e bad i give oyibo woman belly and she born for me,make i see y dia immigration no go give me valid papers..its never rosy as we think

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sallysweet: 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2016
Basalt:
I applied in University of Manitoba last night and surprisingly #32016 Was removed from my account.

I wanted to apply to two universities with #50,000 Now university of Manitoba has taken more than 50% of that money.

I'm guessing you paid with your master card right? Well, I believe banks have different (competitive) rates that they transact with their clients intending to use ATM/Master card for foreign payments. The official bank rate is generally 240. That is for dealing with CBN through your bank.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hello house smiley

I'm compiling my app again...

I just noticed a tiny mistake, my sponsor's name is spelt as Afolashade in my affidavit, IMM1294 form, family info form and letter of sponsorship but spelt Afolasade (wihtout the 'h') in her birth cert and int'l passport. Can I just ignore?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hayqinsbFX: 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2016
just get an affidavit to show that he is the bearer on both documents....
or just get another affidavit done with the correct name..
Bamz:
Hello house smiley

I just noticed a tiny mistake, my sponsor's name is spelt as Afolashade in my affidavit, IMM1294 form, family info form and letter of sponsorship but spelt Afolasade (wihtout the 'h') in her birth cert and int'l passport. Can I just ignore?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Sallysweet:

I'm guessing you paid with your master card right? Well, I believe banks have different (competitive) rates that they transact with their clients intending to use ATM/Master card for foreign payments. The official bank rate is generally 240. That is for dealing with CBN through your bank.

Yes, you are correct.
I just pray university of Manitoba gives me admission shaa with my little GP of 3.72

I will really like to apply also to Western university to have double opportunities.
Can you suggest any less competitive Canadian university one can apply?
I really need to get out of this country and develop myself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
None of the lecturers I sent mail to has accepted to supervise me.

I hope the Msc application won't a waste of resources and time?

I have applied for Research based Msc, remaining another Course based Msc which I intend doing next week
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sholaystar4me(m): 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
Thanks n God bless ziggy

We v arranged with DHL to pick up on our behalf.

ziggy3579:
U don't go to Accra to pick up ur package when it is ready, u are to go back to VFS office where u submitted when u applied. Call them first to know if DHL has dropped ur package with them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sholay2011(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
Basalt:

I have applied for Research based Msc, remaining another Course based Msc which I intend doing next week
What department did you apply to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2016
It shouldn't be an issue as it has to do with accent. I believe a simple explanation will solve it. Or you and your sponsor should modify it in conformity with the name on her birth certificate and International passport. Just know that VO has seen a lot more than this.
Bamz:
Hello house smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bjmme: 7:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
Basalt:

so You don't know,it's getting worse o for naira.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jayjayjay007: 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2016
No one is answering me concerning this its not fair:
URGENT HELPPPPPP!!!

My course has a co-op semester. when applying for study visa online i was asked "Is work an essential component of your studies?" which i answered yes. Now when i try to do a co-op work permit application online it just directs me to my study application (now submitted). Because i answered yes to that question does it mean i will get a study and co-op work permit same time or how does it work?

Note: I have submitted the study permit application online already. Do i need a separate application for co-op work permit.

Im trying to enter Jan 2017 so urgent answer is needed please thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Omonjoe(m): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
Relax bro
You will have to apply for your co-op work permit when you get it at a ZERO cost. Its easy and straight forward.
Your study permit will not come with co-op permit
jayjayjay007:
No one is answering me concerning this its not fair:
URGENT HELPPPPPP!!!

My course has a co-op semester. when applying for study visa online i was asked "Is work an essential component of your studies?" which i answered yes. Now when i try to do a co-op work permit application online it just directs me to my study application (now submitted). Because i answered yes to that question does it mean i will get a study and co-op work permit same time or how does it work?

Note: I have submitted the study permit application online already. Do i need a separate application for co-op work permit.

Im trying to enter Jan 2017 so urgent answer is needed please thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
No disturb ur self, no be BVN u dey apply for na grin
Bamz:
Hello house smiley

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
just get an affidavit to show that he is the bearer on both documents....
or just get another affidavit done with the correct name..

Affidavit of discrepancy
(one and the same person)

Right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Bamz(m): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
ziggy3579:
No disturb ur self, no be BVN u dey apply for na grin

I swear I was born meticulous. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by afredytee(f): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
hello house, I have a peculiar problem. I submitted my passport upon request last week and just today the school wrote me to tell me it is too late to resume for the semester and they are deferring my admission and scholarship till next year. and I am already expecting my trv next week. Please does anyone have a similar experience and any advise. thanks for your time?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
Basalt:

I tot dat prospective applicants must secure a supervisor before attempting to apply? shocked

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by guadete: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hello everyone.

I finished from FUTO with a degree in Project management in 2011and I would love to study in Canada. I am looking for any good location and cheap school for Diploma courses.

I would also love to know if diploma courses can get me an extended stay in Canada.

please can anyone help I hope to apply by next year.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 8:57pm On Sep 23, 2016
sholay2011:

What department did you apply to?

Geological science.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sholay2011(m): 9:09pm On Sep 23, 2016
Basalt:

Geological science.
Oh okay. Dunno much about that department...because in mine (Agricultural Econs), you don't need to secure a supervisor to get admitted...and it's research-based (depending on your preference).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
guadete:
Hello everyone.

I finished from FUTO with a degree in Project management in 2011 and I would love to study in Canada. I am looking for any good location and cheap school for Diploma courses
I would also love to know if diploma courses can get me an extended stay in Canada.

please can anyone help I hope to apply by next year.
why diploma?what would this add to your career having finished school since 2011?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
Mehn, I really like your pragmatism! I mentioned a year ago that my younger bro's app to Canada was so risky (complex applicant) that from the get go we decided to go on a two-pronged approach of also pursuing Germany simultaneously. I am now also finding that Ireland can be a great option especially for people studying ICT-related courses; there are lots of American ICT companies there taking advantage of their lower tax rate.
michV:
yes na..enter street in ur hood you would see guys never mind the country, the language,their concern is to cross boarders more especially to Europe not even yankee and they believe they would surely survive.i mingle with street guys cos that is where you get realistic informate and then you add it to your educational knowledge.no be this one some people never apply for admission/trv dem don dy find white collar job grin..bad as e bad i give oyibo woman belly and she born for me,make i see y dia immigration no go give me valid papers..its never rosy as we think

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2016
When next year did the school defer ur admission to, without knowing DAT new date I doubt if anyone can newer ur question properly
afredytee:
hello house, I have a peculiar problem. I submitted my passport upon request last week and just today the school wrote me to tell me it is too late to resume for the semester and they are deferring my admission and scholarship till next year. and I am already expecting my trv next week. Please does anyone have a similar experience and any advise. thanks for your time?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yungreezy: 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
thesoj:
Mehn, I really like your pragmatism! I mentioned a year ago that my younger bro's app to Canada was so risky (complex applicant) that from the get go we decided to go on a two-pronged approach of also pursuing Germany simultaneously. I am now also finding that Ireland can be a great option especially for people studying ICT-related courses; there are lots of American ICT companies there taking advantage of their lower tax rate.
any recommendations for uni in Ireland that are affordable? Given our exchange rate now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
thesoj:
mentor!!! i read about your cousin brother on 1 of your posts. meanwhile i v read about Ireland and the ICT sector has more opportunities in their country.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by hayqinsbFX: 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
jut get a new affidavit na...shebi na u do the one wey get mistake....since its not like ur birth certificate tha has mistake
Bamz:

Affidavit of discrepancy
(one and the same person)

Right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by afredytee(f): 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
ziggy3579:
When next year did the school defer ur admission to, without knowing DAT new date I doubt if anyone can newer ur question properly

they deferred it till September 2017. however I am yet to get the new offer, which means the old one has not been withdrawn officially. will this pose a problem at the port of entry?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by santa007(m): 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
Some please reply!!!
santa007:
Good day everyone, i was delayed on the 19th of August (purpose of visit/current employment situation) and ordered for my gcms file same day. I studied banking and finance, work as an admin assistant and got admission to study financial planning and wealth mgt yet i got this on the gcms note as reason for refusal. I am about re-applying and need all the help i can get to tackle this issue.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by santa007(m): 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2016
Someone please reply!!!
santa007:
Good day everyone, i was delayed on the 19th of August (purpose of visit/current employment situation) and ordered for my gcms file same day. I studied banking and finance, work as an admin assistant and got admission to study financial planning and wealth mgt yet i got this on the gcms note as reason for refusal. I am about re-applying and need all the help i can get to tackle this issue.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ziggy3579: 10:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
Am not sure you can travel now since your admission has been deferred to September next year. I will suggest u move on with your life and travel next year. U got admission, scholarship and TRV for ur cupboard already grin and I think your visa will still be valid by September next year. I stand to be corrected tho. You can ask about the validity of d visa when you get to VFS to pick up your passport
afredytee:

they deferred it till September 2017. however I am yet to get the new offer, which means the old one has not been withdrawn officially. will this pose a problem at the port of entry?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.