Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (906657 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by wealth360: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2016
[quote author=afredytee post=49621288][/quote]

Very risky sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by guadete: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2016
michV:
you are considering money issue but CiC would be considering the relevance/prospects/ lucrativeness of the program you have opted to you career..mind you

Thanks once again for your help.....

u suggest from your statement I should go for PSC but I want to know if there r school where I can pay by installment I.e semester by semester and two years course
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 10:45am On Sep 24, 2016
iklas:
@yemdog. Please can an application be rejected after doing biometric. Because we applied since may till date we hv not been invited for our couple visa.

Yes an application can be rejected after biometric has been done. You will most certainly be contacted by CIC regarding the outcome of your application.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by afredytee(f): 11:04am On Sep 24, 2016
aliACCA:

since your program has been deferred to fall 2017 it will not be advisable to leave now unless u are having a different category of visa as well in my opinion. You may have issues at POE when u meet a difficult immigration officer who may question ur reason for coming early. Somewhere in June-August is fairly reasonable than almost a year to resumption.

play safe and cancel ur flight or travel arrangement then or better still change the departure date since u have ur trv already.

this may be useful in booking ur next date if u decide to hold on travel plans

"On your Port of Entry (POE) Letter of Introduction is a box titled “Permit validity”. You must come to Canada prior to that date. If the validity date has passed and you have not yet come to Canada, you must submit a new application. You cannot extend the validity date on your Letter of Introduction. Your Letter of Introduction will be valid for the requested length of your work permit, study permit or super visa. You may be eligible to extend your work permit once you are in Canada".

Thank you so much. I understand you clearly but here is why I called it a peculiar problem. I just submitted my passport for stamping last week and I haven't gotten it back. the school just notified me that they may withdraw My current offer and give me another for the next fall 2017. it has not been withdrawn yet and won't be before I get my trv. the reason for wanting to withdraw it is late resumption
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nam16: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2016
You might have issues with CBA at d point of entry.. If you are to travel now make sure you have another admission ready with you of which you must have notify CIC online by transferring your DLI... However, you can as well take the risk...
ziggy3579:
Did u buy a flight ticket already?What will you b doing in canada for one year? Pls guys lets help this lady.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 11:13am On Sep 24, 2016
launrey:
Pls apply for a diploma course and make your life easier.
Thank me later!

Apply for a diploma course?
Please why do you suggest I apply for diploma course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by aliACCA: 11:32am On Sep 24, 2016
afredytee:

Thank you so much. I understand you clearly but here is why I called it a peculiar problem. I just submitted my passport for stamping last week and I haven't gotten it back. the school just notified me that they may withdraw My current offer and give me another for the next fall 2017. it has not been withdrawn yet and won't be before I get my trv. the reason for wanting to withdraw it is late resumption

Welcome. Since you have submitted youur passport and the school has not withdrawn your offer yet, then u can inquire from the school the deadline for late resumption and if it's possible to get there before the deadline then u can go ahead with your travel plans. All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by spores99(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2016
please house, i would like to know the range of amount paid for visa processing fee...i am applying through an agent...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Sevenody: 11:49am On Sep 24, 2016
jayjayjay007:
thanks for your reply. LOE is letter of employement right? Did u do your application on line?

Also:

My course has a co-op semester. when applying for study visa online i was asked "Is work an essential component of your studies?" which i answered yes. Now when i try to do a co-op work permit application online it just directs me to my study application (yet to submit). Because i answered yes to that question does it mean i will get a study and co-op permit same time or how does it work?

Sorry dear I'm just seeing your question. Incase no one has responded.

LOE i mentioned is letter of explanation category , on the online application. Yes I did online.
I'm not too sure about coop work permit as my course doesn't have that. But your study permit will be given to you at the Point of Entry in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by aliACCA: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2016
spores99:
please house, i would like to know the range of amount paid for visa processing fee...i am applying through an agent...

check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Study permit is $150 and bio-metrics of $85cad = $235 cad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by spores99(m): 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
aliACCA:

check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Study permit is $150 and bio-metrics of $85cad = $235 cad

is that all an agent would ask for cos i was hearing they do ask for 350k -400k...
how true is that? thanks for your reply

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by spores99(m): 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2016
whats the best airline and cheapest flight fee for a one-way ticket to ontario canada,?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by afredytee(f): 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
aliACCA:

Welcome. Since you have submitted youur passport and the school has not withdrawn your offer yet, then u can inquire from the school the deadline for late resumption and if it's possible to get there before the deadline then u can go ahead with your travel plans. All the best

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by launrey(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
Carter001:

Bros na Lambton you dey ??, how life for canny nah ?
Sweet!
when you dey come?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Oluwayeminikans: 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
hi, i am new on this thread. i would like to know more about the Canadian immigration.
well, i have applied to the University of Manitoba to study Disabilities Studies in the Faculty of Graduate Studies although all i have left to do is pay for the application fees of $100 which i do not have now and the session i applied for is in the Fall of 2017. i have attached my ielts(speaking 7.0, listening 7.5, reading & writing 6.0 and overall band score 6.5) academic scores, 1st and 2nd degree certificates and transcripts, i had 2:1 for my B.A and Mphil/Ph.D in M.A degree. i would appreciate information and guidance towards scholarship to fund my studies and possible help through the visa stages when i get to that point
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by solbob(m): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
@michv I applied for Msc management practices cos I can meet up with their requirements and u can check their website http://www.dbs.ie/ for other courses but I wouldn't know how easy it is to survive in Dublin IRELAND O
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by spores99(m): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2016
spores99:

is that all an agent would ask for cos i was hearing they do ask for 350k -400k...

need a reply from u aliACCA thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by spores99(m): 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
spores99:
whats the best airline and cheapest flight fee for a one-way ticket to ontario canada,?

need a reply house...thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
solbob:
@michv I applied for Msc management practices cos I can meet up with their requirements and u can check their website http://www.dbs.ie/ for other courses but I wouldn't know how easy it is to survive in Dublin IRELAND O
i never said i was interested in any MBA. I was only assessing ur information on Google and that fee you uploaded is not for international students..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2016
Just update your school about the passport request for visa issuance by the Consulate and ask them to have a special consideration on ur matter.
afredytee:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
@All

Please let's not derail this thread discussing about German or Irish admission, move such discussion to appropriate thread.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
guadete:

Thanks once again for your help.....

u suggest from your statement I should go for PGC but I want to know if there r school where I can pay by installment I.e semester by semester and two years course
some colleges in canada don't request for tuition deposit till you v gotten ur Visa and about to resume studies,meanwhile schools request you pay semester by semester.inshort go to the school webpage you want check their fees schedule,if not understandable, mail the international office or admission officer for further clarification. I have a female friend that got passport request last week for 2yrs Diploma program in practical nursing.so it's just that i don't understand CIC anymore. If you want to go for Diploma, justfy your reasons to them,if you want PGC, justify it also.CIC matter sef don tire me

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by aliACCA: 2:53pm On Sep 24, 2016
spores99:

i answered ur question because u asked of processing fees for student visa. If you are going to use an agent the i dont think i can be of help in this regard. You have to find one or someone could recommend you. But u can do everything yourself if you are willing to read, find information online and have the time. Good luck

NB: An agent is not running charity organization so far as he is in business he will charge for his/her services.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by browndegreat: 3:01pm On Sep 24, 2016
Baba I hail your government buh you de only turn up on occasions I need your help bro

justwise:

@All

Please let's not derail this thread discussing about German or Irish admission, move such discussion to appropriate thread.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Chinuaj: 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
guadete:

Please I want to study a diploma course in Canada can you help me with one......also I sent you an email
.... contact me i can beof help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2016
Does anyone have any idea how much a Canadian dollar costs as of today?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
@ launrey

You never answer me o o o o o.

Why on earth did you say I should leave Nigeria for a diploma course in Canada.

Bsc and Diploma which one big pass?

I am interested in Msc and not diploma, if you have any reason for mentioning Diploma, then I am all ears.

Thank you
Note, I have already applied for Msc in U of M, I plan to apply in one other university To stand a double chance , if you give me a strong reason why you mentioned Diploma, I can give it a try since I have already applied for Msc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
spores99:

Bro see better money way u wan dash agent. some individuals here paid 2000dollars to Maple edu.canada/lagos office and still got refused. Even my friend who is not on Nairaland when i told him lemme handle his application for him,he refused,he used MAPLE EDU.CANADA/Lagos and he got refused in March 2016.My friend cry blood comot for him eyes.him mama way pay d almost N600k to the agent wan carry overdose drug kill herself.

Meanwhile, Maple chose the wrong program(project management), being PGD and also they didn't even tell him to add his own Personal statement of account as he is a working class.The information you get here,70% of agents claiming Canadian agents out there are old schools.That percentage know nothing we know and learn here.

Since u wan trowey money,lemme handle this application for u FoC.all you will do for me from that money is to just carry me go Quilox club make i feel alright after u v submitted and done biometrics.

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
[quote author=Basalt post=49637156]
@ launrey

You never answer me o o o o o.

Why on earth did you say I should leave Nigeria for a diploma course in Canada.

Bsc and Diploma which one big pass?

grin cheesy grin funi u @my bolded

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Basalt(m): 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
I really don't understand him at all.
Explanation can really be of help.
@ michV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2016
browndegreat:
Baba I hail your government buh you de only turn up on occasions I need your help bro

What help do you need?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by browndegreat: 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Bro do you reside in canada if yes please i'll like you to help me out with the gcms doc

justwise:

What help do you need?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.