Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter (3729 Views)

Full Chapter By Chapter Summary Of Independence (novel For 2017 Utme) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Nukah(m): 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
Hi I'm UgoMezie .
What i wish to do here is to bring to everyone the summary of the book Think and Grow Rich written by Napoleon Hill .
Its a great book and I want to bring it to the knowledge of everyone , Chapter by Chapter .
I will not give you a detailed summary, I will make sure that I drop important key notes and facts written by the author .
When I read the book it was as if I was communicating with the author himself , there are great advices imbedded in it . And I want to bring it for all to see .

Please note that the summary of the chapters will be given in the comments section below . Please endeavour to go through each one of them for their is secret in them that I would like you guys to possess.

1 Like

Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Davidhero(m): 5:27pm On Aug 28, 2016
YES.
There were some chapters i couldn't understand, and i just skipped them.
Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by fineyemi(m): 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
Nukah:
[color=#006600][/color]
Hi I'm UgoMezie .
What i wish to do here is to bring to everyone the summary of the book Think and Grow Rich written by Napoleon Hill .
Its a great book and I want to bring it to the knowledge of everyone , Chapter by Chapter .
I will not give you a detailed summary, I will make sure that I drop important key notes and facts written by the author .
When I read the book it was as if I was communicating with the author himself , there are great advices imbedded in it . And I want to bring it for all to see .
I would like anyone interested to write a Yes comment as to motivate me more on writing it .

PS: Please if you are not interested you don't have to drop any comment at all .

Thank you for your Understanding.
I read that book
Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by kingsleyezeugo(m): 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
i cant wait bro
Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Nukah(m): 11:29am On Sep 06, 2016
[b][/b] Chapter 1 : THOUGHTS ARE THINGS

• An intangible impulse of thought can be transmutated into material rewards by the application of known principles .

# One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat.

•When riches begin to come they come so quickly, in such a great abundance, that one wonders where they have been hiding all those lean years.

#Riches begins with a state of mind, with definiteness of purpose, with little or no hard work.

#Our brain become magnetized with the dominating thoughts which we hold in our minds, and, by means with which no man is familiar, these '' magnets '' attract to us the forces , the people, the circumstances of life which harmonize with the nature of our dominating thoughts.

Whatever
THE MIND OF MAN
can
CONCEIVE
and
BELIEVE
it can
ACHIEVE
Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by kingsleyezeugo(m): 2:48am On Sep 07, 2016
waiting for chapter 2

1 Like

Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Nukah(m): 11:31am On Sep 07, 2016
Chapter 2 : DESIRE

° Stand by your desires until they become the obsession of your life. Want nothing else.

# Leave yourself no possible way of retreat , burn all bridges behind you.

°Win or Perish.

# Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to burn all his ships and cut all sources of retreat. Only by so doing can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a burning desire to win, essential to success.

# Every human being who reaches. the age of understanding the purpose of money wishes for it. Wishing will not bring riches. But desiring riches with a state of mind that becomes an obsession, then planning definite ways and means to acquire riches, and backing those plans with persistence which does not recognize failure, WILL BRING RICHES.

A burning desire to be and to do is the starting point from which the dreamer must take off. Dreams are not born of indifference, laziness, or lack of ambition.

# the turning point in the lives of those who succeed usually comes at the moment of some crisis, through which they are introduced to their "other selves."

No one ever is defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.

° The whole course of things goes to teach us faith. We need only obey. There is guidance for each of us, and by lowly listening, we shall hear the right word.

Every adversity brings with it the seed of an equivalent advantage.

Verily there's nothing, right or wrong, which belief, plus burning desire, cannot make real.
Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Nukah(m): 10:18am On Sep 08, 2016
[b][/b]Chapter 3 : FAITH

THERE ARE NO LIMITATIONS TO THE MIND EXCEPT THOSE WE ACKNOWLEDGE .
BOTH POVERTY AND RICHES ARE THE OFFSPRING OF THOUGHT .

• Faith is the head chemist of the mind . When faith is blended with thought, the subconscious mind instantly picks the vibration , translates it into its spiritual equivalent , and transmits it to God, as in the case of prayer.

# Faith is a state of mind which may be induced , or created , by affirmation or repeated instructions to the subconscious mind, through the principle of autosuggestion.

# Repetition of affirmation of orders to your subconscious mind is the only known method of voluntary development of the emotion of faith.

Any impulse of thought which is repeatedly passed on to the subconscious mind is, funally , accepted and acted upon by the subconscious mind, which proceeds to translate that impulse into its physical equivalent, by the most practical procedure available.

Your belief or faith is the element which determines the action of your subconscious mind.

* Have faith in yourself; Faith in God.
* Faith is the " eternal elixir " which gives life, power, and action to the impulse of thought!
* Faith is the starting point of all accumulation of riches !
* Faith is the basis of all miracles, and all mysteries which cannot be analyzed by the rules of science .
* Faith is the only antidote for failure.
* Faith is the only agency through which the cosmic force of God can be harnessed abdbused by man.

•Thoughts which are mixed with any of the feelings of emotions constitute a " magnetic " force which attracts other similar or related thoughts.

#Those who go down in defeat, and end their lives in poverty, misery, and distress , do so because of negative application of the principle of autosuggestion.

Riches begin in the form of thought !
Faith removes limitations !

1 Share

Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Nukah(m): 11:19am On Sep 10, 2016
[b][/b] embarassed CHAPTER 4 : AUTOSUGGESTION
The medium for Influencing the subconscious mind.

Autosuggestion is the agency of communication between that part of the mind where conscious thought takes place, and that which serves as the seat of action for the subconscious mind.

# Your subconscious mind recognizes and acts only upon thoughts which have been well-mixed with emotion or feeling.

Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Nukah(m): 2:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
CHAPTER 5 : cheesy SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE
Every adversity, every failure and every heartache carries with it the seed of an equivalent or a greater Benefit.

® There are two kinds of knowledge. One is general, the other is specialized.

# Knowledge will not attract money, unless it is organized, and intelligently directed, through practical plans of action, to the definite end of accumulation of money.
# knowledge is not power. Knowledge is only potential power. It becomes power only when, and if, it is organized into definite plans of action and directed to a definite end.

+ An educated man is not, necessarily, one who has an abundance of general or specialized knowledge. An educated man is one who has so developed the faculties of his mind that he may acquire anything he wants, or its equivalent, without violating the rights of others.

Any man is educated who knows where to get knowledge when he needs it, and how to organize that knowledge into definite plans of actions

# Anything acquired without effort, and without cost is generally unappreciated, often discredited; perhaps this is why we get so little from our marvelous opportunity in public schools.

We rise to high positions or remain at the bottom because of conditions we can control if we desire to control them.

© Make your ideas pay off through specialized knowledge.
™ Ideas are the main thing, specialized knowledge may be found in any corner.
Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Brown253(m): 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
yes

1 Like

Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Nukah(m): 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2016
Chapter 6 : IMAGINATION
the workshop of the mind.

The imagination is literally the workshop wherein are fashioned all plans created by man. It has been said man can create anything which he can imagine.

Two forms of imagination :
1. Synthetic imagination :--- Through this faculty, one may arrange old concepts, ideas, or plans into new combinations. It creates nothing. It merely works with the material of experience, education, and observation with which it is fed. It is the faculty uses most by the inventor, with the exception of the genius.
2. Creative imagination :--- Through the faculty of creative imagination the finite mind of man has direct communication with God. It is the faculty through which hunches and inspiration are received. It is through this faculty that one individual may tune in or communicate with the subconscious minds of other men. undecided

Desire is only a thought, an impulse. It is nebulous and ephemeral. It is abstract, and of no value, until it has been transformed into its physical counterpart.

This earth, every one of the billions of individual cells of your body, and very atom of matter, began as an intangible form of energy.

Desire is thought impulse. Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes. Ideas are products of the imagination.

Ideas can be transmuted into cash through the power of definite purpose, plus definite plans.

Riches come, if they come at all in response to definite demands, based upon the application of definite principles, and not by chance or luck.

An idea is an impulse of thought that impels action, by an appeal to the imagination.

Ideas are intangible forces, but they have more power than the physical brains that give birth to them. They have the power to live on, after the brain that creates them has returned to dust.
Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Nukah(m): 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
CHAPTER 7 : ORGANIZED PLANNING
The crystallization of desire .

Everything man creates or acquires begins in the form of desire.

No individual has sufficient experience, education, native ability, and knowledge to insure the accumulation of a great fortune, without the cooperation of other people.
[b][/b]If your first plan fails, try another !

The most intelligent man living cannot succeed in accumulating money_ nor in any other undertaking _ without plans which are practical and workable.

•Temporary defeat is not permanent failure. It may only mean that your plans have not been sound. Build other plans. Start all over again.

No man is ever whipped, until he quits__ in his own mind.
If you give up before your goal has been reached, you are a quitter. [i][/i] A quitter never wins__and a winner never quits.

Some people foolishly believe that only money can make money
This is not true ! Desire, transmuted into its monetary equivalent, through the principles laid down here, is that agency through which money is made. Money, of itself, is nothing but inert matter. It cannot move, think, or talk, but it can hear when a man who desires it, calls it to come !

Thirty-one Major Causes of Failure.
1. Unfavorable hereditary background
2. Lack of well-defined purpose in life.
3. lack of ambition to aim above mediocrity
4. Insufficient education.
5. Lack of self-discipline.
6. I'll health.
7. Unfavorable environmental influences during childhood.
8. Procrastination.
9. Lack of persistence.
10. Negative personality.
11. Lack of controlled sexual urge.
12. Uncontrolled desire for something for nothing.
13. Lack of a well defined power of decision.
14. One of more of the six basic fears : They have been analysed in a later chapter.
15. Wrong selection of a mate in marriage.
16. Over-caution.
17. Wrong selection of associates in business.
18. Superstition and prejudice
19. Wrong selection of a vocation.
20. Lack of concentration of effort.
21. The habit of indiscriminate spending.
22. Lack of enthusiasm.
23. Intolerance.
24. Intemperance.
25. Inability to cooperate with others.
26. Possession of power that was not acquired through self effort.
27. Intentional dishonesty.
28. Egotism and vanity.
29. Guessing instead of thinking.
30. Lack of capital.
31. Under this name any particular cause of failure from.which you have suffered that has not been included in the foregoing list.

There is but one dependable method of accumulating , and legally holding riches, and that is by rendering useful service.

Anyone may earn a living in return for a very nominal amount of labor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Think And Grow Rich . Book Summary Chapter By Chapter by Nukah(m): 6:45pm On Nov 25, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] CHAPTER 8 :DECISIONS
The mastery of procrastination.

® Success requires no explanation
° Failure permits no alibi.

Lack of decision a major cause of failure.
Procrastination, the opposite of decison, is a common enemy which practically every man must conquer.
Have the ability to reach a decision quickly, promptly and be slow in changing them.
# Keep your own counsel.
Keep your eyes and ears wide-open and keep your mouth shut.
TELL THE WORLD WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO, BUT FIRST SHOW IT.
The value of decisions depends upon the courage required to render them.
Know what you want and you will generally get it.
Thought + Desire = Physical Equivalent
The person who reaches a definite decision . Eg. Job, home, car.. etc doesn't stake his life on that decsion: he stakes his economic freedom.

The person who desires riches is sure to accumulate wealth.

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Usefulness Of JSS 3 Certificate (junior WAEC)? / Health Benefits And Side Effects Of Drinking Garri / Did You Attend Hill Top Model Secondary School Minna, Niger State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.