Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

You Should Always Wash Your Pots. Here's Why - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / You Should Always Wash Your Pots. Here's Why (685 Views)

How I Started Stealing Pots With Food On Fire [part 1] / Quick-wash / Change : How I Started Stealing Pots With Food On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Should Always Wash Your Pots. Here's Why by datswasup(f): 6:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
I love house chores but dishes? (I just don’t like washing them) , however most times washing dishes is inevitable because he who eats must be ready to wash dishes..

This fateful evening, it was ‘dish time’ and I struggled through washing the dishes, I heaved a sigh of relief when I finally put the last piece in the plate rack.

Glad I had finished, I turned in the direction of my room but was taken aback by something on the cooker staring at me. It was a POT; a pot I forgot to wash. I was so annoyed that I angrily shouted at the POT, “so you can’t talk abi”, at this point I imagined how simpler life would be if inanimate objects could talk but again I thought about how many pieces of meat I had ‘taken’ silently (I didn’t steal o) and quickly told God to forgive my ignorance and not grant that wish else d pots will start reporting me. LOL.

“I can’t wash this pot again, it has to wait till the next dish time” I said and lazily dashed into my room where I continued my movie .

It was 8pm, we had finished dinner and I was about to settle down for my best tv programme (who wants to be a millionaire), when my mum in her high pitched soprano voice called my name, I prayed in my heart, ‘please mummy, not now’ , I didn’t answer and waited for the ‘confirmation call (that moment you pray that the first wasn’t for you :|), this time I answered and went to the kitchen where she asked why I didn’t wash that POT, I obviously had no reasons so she asked me to wash it immediately and she even added some trays she felt had become dusty and some other unnecessary things.

I wanted to cry but I couldn’t (so I cried inside and frowned outside). But guess what, Nigerian mothers don’t care about your frown!
That night I missed that programme just because I didn’t wash ‘that one POT’ I had to go through this interesting story to make my point.
‘That one POT’ stopped me from watching my favourite programme. That seems insignificant right? ‘That one POT’ refers to those little details or sometimes obvious details we overlook because of procrastination, laziness or even fear, that later costs us some other much more important thing; the things we should have done but gave excuses for and now we regret
That one pot to a student is that material you didn’t read that was the compulsory question in the examination.

To the business man it is that business plan/idea you were going to execute later but you now watch it’s advertisement by another company.
To a blogger, that one pot is that news you saw or heard about first but refused to act on and post, only to see the news being viral the next day.

To a man, “That pot” is that girl you didn’t propose to because you think she’s going to be there forever but has now picked her wedding date (not with you). We all know that African proverb which says; if you keep your feelings to yourself, you will end up fetching water at your crush's wedding.
The truth is that my mum helped me by calling my attention to that one POT but sometimes we don’t even get to wash that one POT again because it has been moved or even washed by another.

The annoying part is that ‘the one POT’ may even take away the time that could have been diverted into more productive ventures.

But the good news is some of us are still in the washing process and can still look out for that POT and some of us are even staring at ‘that one POT’ now and can still make a decision to wash it because no one knows what may happen next.
I am now a certified dish washer . I now check for pots, plates, spoons even under the cooker (before one POT would now spoil my shine). Amo shine when Amo shine.
www.datswasupblog..co.ke/2016/08/that-one-pot-can-make-difference.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: You Should Always Wash Your Pots. Here's Why by NikitaNike(f): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
Learn a great lesson from ur writeup. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

(This post has been deleted) / My Lord, Tell Me Where To Keep Your Bribe? By Niyi Osundare / A Second Chance To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.