Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161200 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 8:32am On Oct 14, 2021
Gbajure:
I am having a big issue with my Lenovo T570 core i7 7th generation Thinkpad. It just stopped reading the HDD. I changed the hard drive same problem. I am suspecting the cable that connect the HDD to the motherboard. Or can it be the port on the motherboard. Gurus in the house pls help.

cc yinksdavid, udemzyudex, sotall

Two things will make your laptop hdd not to detect.

1. No power

2. Transmitting and receiving line faulty.

Follow the pic below.

Your hdd needs 5v as power, so connect the flex and check if 5v is available at the connector.

There are capacitors on the transmitting and receiving line.

If one is faulty or missing, hdd won't be detected, so check if there is a short or missing cap.

Bonus : If your PCH is faulty, then it will affect the hdd, the pch is she peripheral control hub so it controls all peripherals.
If a part controlling it is faulty then that's it, you have to replace it.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Gbajure(m): 8:44am On Oct 14, 2021
udemzyudex:

Two things will make your laptop hdd not to detect.

1. No power

2. Transmitting and receiving line faulty.

Follow the pic below.

Your hdd needs 5v as power, so connect the flex and check if 5v is available at the connector.

There are capacitors on the transmitting and receiving line.

If one is faulty or missing, hdd won't be detected, so check if there is a short or missing cap.

Bonus : If your PCH is faulty, then it will affect the hdd, the pch is she peripheral control hub so it controls all peripherals.
If a part controlling it is faulty then that's it, you have to replace it.

Thank you very much sir.

With it be better to bring the laptop to your workshop?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 9:00am On Oct 14, 2021
Gbajure:

Thank you very much sir.

With it be better to bring the laptop to your workshop?
If you're in lag you can reach me on 08064724259
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Gbajure(m): 11:16am On Oct 14, 2021
udemzyudex:

If you're in lag you can reach me on 08064724259

I will come to Lagos asap
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by deliman07(m): 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2021
My laptop is showing charging light without connecting it and still not coming up. Please what can I do?. HP ELITEBOOK
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 12:56am On Oct 18, 2021
deliman07:
My laptop is showing charging light without connecting it and still not coming up. Please what can I do?. HP ELITEBOOK

Which color of the charging light is it showing?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by mikibash: 1:09am On Oct 29, 2021
Even after changing the fan few months back am still getting this.

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
mikibash:
Even after changing the fan few months back am still getting this.
the fan or the complete heatsink is bad. or the thermal paste is dried up

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by 21void: 9:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
udemzyudex:

Since you just got it from the guy, the best thing to do is install a new operating system, drive it and install back the necessary applications you need.
how do I do this, can I do it on the system or do I need to take it to an engineer? If I need an engineer, do you have any ideas the price for this? Of I can do it remotely can you tell me the steps.

Thank you. I know I asked a lot of questions, but I will really appreciate your help
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by OwoukoUrua(m): 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Good day house . . .

Pls my DELL latitude e6400 is not booting.

It makes a whirring sound when I try to turn it on, and then trips off with a vibration.

It then blinks a lock icon (with an "A" in the middle of the lock) for some time.

Pls I need tips on how to rectify the issue.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by CovenantCee: 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
Please, anyone with body casing of HP15 Notebook Touchsmart 15.6 inch (Windows 10 Core i3 6GB 750GB HD).
I want to change mine.
Kindly contact me on 09060079592.
I'll come to your office and change it

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by folash: 7:17am On Nov 12, 2021
descartes400:
Hello Guys, I need a clean and complete casing of hp pavilion dm4 casing.

Picture attached
I know this post is old, but were you able to get a casing for the laptop
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by descartes400: 7:58am On Nov 12, 2021
folash:

I know this post is old, but were you able to get a casing for the laptop

No, I was not able to...do you have?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by folash: 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
descartes400:

No, I was not able to...do you have?
No, I also need it, that's why I'm asking
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Shakiratemma(f): 5:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Pls help with this ooo...
My laptop started showing tgat when booting

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by lashout1: 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2021
sotall:
Hi guys, I am a computer engineer and specializes in servicing and repairing laptops. Post your laptops issue here and i will give you solution that would help you fix it yourself.

Do you have a BIOS-passworded laptop and finding it hard to clear the password?

Call or whatsapp me on the number on my signature

Other engineers in the house can contribute.

There are keys I will hit on my keyboard and it will repeat same letter continually till I hit ESC button.

In some cases the print screen function activate it self.

Don't know if it is hard or software issue.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by mikibash: 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
Adewale1603:
the fan or the complete heatsink is bad. or the thermal paste is dried up
pls what can I do then . Thank you very much for responding to the issue.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2021
mikibash:
pls what can I do then . Thank you very much for responding to the issue.
take it to the engineeer for fixing. you can't do it yourself.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by mikibash: 3:48am On Nov 15, 2021
Adewale1603:
take it to the engineeer for fixing. you can't do it yourself.
thank you very much . Do you have anyone you can recommend in Lagos. Will appreciate it sir
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2021
lashout1:

There are keys I will hit on my keyboard and it will repeat same letter continually till I hit ESC button.

Change your keyboard
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by RealKellyLove(m): 4:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please, four buttons on my Acer laptop are not working. Please, how much will I spend to repair it?

Secondly, the charger has a little cut, therefore it will be shaking when charging. Can the charger be repaired or do I need to buy a new charger?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
mikibash:
thank you very much . Do you have anyone you can recommend in Lagos. Will appreciate it sir
udemzyudex. he is on nairaland
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
lashout1:

hardware issue. your keyboard.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 7:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
RealKellyLove:
Please, four buttons on my Acer laptop are not working. Please, how much will I spend to repair it?

Secondly, the charger has a little cut, therefore it will be shaking when charging. Can the charger be repaired or do I need to buy a new charger?

you will have to change the whole acer keyboard. the charger will be cut and rejoin and cellotaped together.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2021
Adewale1603:
udemzyudex. he is on nairaland

Thanks for the recommendation

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by easysunny(m): 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
Pls help. My laptop HP EliteBook not booting. When I press the Power On, the Power turns on & turns off immediately.
I removed the battery, I plug it directly to AC & powered it, it still turns on & turns off immediately - same thing.
What could be the problem? What I can do?

Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Shakiratemma(f): 11:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Shakiratemma:

Can some1 help with this pls?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 7:09am On Nov 16, 2021
Shakiratemma:
fan failure, the cooling fan is not working, or blocked by dust and particles thereby preventing it from working effectively.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 7:12am On Nov 16, 2021
Shakiratemma:

Can some1 help with this pls?
hp will give you warning. continuous use will overheat the system and eventually shutdown. you need to service the system and replace the fan
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Mightyodi: 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
Good evening. I just plugged my system to power, the power pack is on but the system is not showing the power is entering. I have removed the battery and power the power pack, yet it isn't showing any signs. Brothers I tried putting on the system but it did not display. Finally I place my nose on the part where the fan is, and I can perceived a burnt smell. Please can high voltage from generator damage my system without first blowing up my power pack? Thats my question. I need answer ASAP. Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 1:42am On Nov 17, 2021
Mightyodi:
Good evening. I just plugged my system to power, the power pack is on but the system is not showing the power is entering. I have removed the battery and power the power pack, yet it isn't showing any signs. Brothers I tried putting on the system but it did not display. Finally I place my nose on the part where the fan is, and I can perceived a burnt smell. Please can high voltage from generator damage my system without first blowing up my power pack? Thats my question. I need answer ASAP. Thanks
Yes
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Jidonskii(m): 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hello all. Earlier this year, I replaced the motherboard of my Dell laptop and it had a problem of randomly shutting down when it’s unplugged to power. I assumed it was a battery issue, I replaced the China battery I was using with original Dell battery and the problem seemed to have stopped. However, it came back as a ‘once in a while’ thing and now it’s becoming more rampant. I also noticed that sometimes when I sleep or hibernate it, it goes off. What could be the problem?

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.