Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161108 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2018
Mekzmoney:
good day brother. Where you able to resolve this problem?
Mine is having the same issue and I've been looking for a way to solve it. Can you help me pls?
Thanks so much.

Most time when this issue comes up, the problem is from the battery or charger. First try another charger with the laptop and if problem persists, try another battery.

I believe you will be fine
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Mekzmoney(m): 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2018
sotall:

Most time when this issue comes up, the problem is from the battery or charger. First try another charger with the laptop and if problem persists, try another battery.

I believe you will be fine
Thanks bro.
I've used another charge n it's d same. M yet to get another ba3.

Is it because I upgraded it from Window 7 to 8.though I didn't charge it wen I bot it b4 the upgrade.
M just confused.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2018
Mekzmoney:

Thanks bro.

Is it because I upgraded it from Window 7 to 8.though I didn't charge it wen I bot it b4 the upgrade.
M just confused.
Operating system isn't the problem.

Use another battery
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Esji80(m): 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
Mekzmoney:
good day brother. Where you able to resolve this problem?
Mine is having the same issue and I've been looking for a way to solve it. Can you help me pls?
Thanks so much.
Good day,yes I have solved d problem. First of all..Remove the battery...Shut down the system.Plug the charger without the battery and on the system.Then go to computer-manage-battery options-uninstall all the battery blah blah-- then shut down.After some minutes insert the battery and on the system
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by superman1073: 5:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
udemzyudex:

What did they say is the problem with it?

He said their was a component on the motherboard that got burnt due to high voltage.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by superman1073: 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

The issue here is this, was it the engineer that told your that ? If yes, I want to assume that there was an extensive diagnoses carried out on the laptop before arriving at such conclusion.

The way out will be to replace the motherboard.

*Cheers*
It was an engineer that said so.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2018
superman1073:

He said their was a component on the motherboard that got burnt due to high voltage.

OK then, you can tell him to fix it for you.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ayox1(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
Good evening, have not operated my laptop for 2months now due to my trip.. I hope there won't be any problem and also I have removed the battery.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Mekzmoney(m): 12:13am On Jul 21, 2018
Esji80:
Good day,yes I have solved d problem. First of all..Remove the battery...Shut down the system.Plug the charger without the battery and on the system.Then go to computer-manage-battery options-uninstall all the battery blah blah-- then shut down.After some minutes insert the battery and on the system
I've tried it but it doesn't work. I'm just tired bro.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 21, 2018
1603- date and time not set

shows that on powering and does not boot up and no option for setting it under settings using F10
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 3:00am On Jul 21, 2018
ayox1:
Good evening, have not operated my laptop for 2months now due to my trip.. I hope there won't be any problem and also I have removed the battery.

Hello..

You did a good job by removing the battery...

The second thing you'll want to do is to keep the laptop in a safe and clean place free from dust and potential areas for cockroaches to settle.. possibly get a polythene bag wrap your laptop..

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 4:27am On Jul 21, 2018
Mekzmoney:

Go to where you can get laptop battery, test it there, if it works fine then you pay, if it doesn't you take it to a laptop engineer for proper diagnosis.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 4:28am On Jul 21, 2018
AnyDevice:
1603- date and time not set

shows that on powering and does not boot up and no option for setting it under settings using F10

Check well, there is option to set in setup.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by AlhajiWale: 7:36am On Jul 21, 2018
How do I Fix Discoloration and Distortion on my Computer Screen?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ayox1(m): 7:46am On Jul 21, 2018
Razak5:

Hello..

You did a good job by removing the battery...

The second thing you'll want to do is to keep the laptop in a safe and clean place free from dust and potential areas for cockroaches to settle.. possibly get a polythene bag wrap your laptop..

*Cheers*
Yeah.. kept it in a clean bag be4 I embark on my journey. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Esji80(m): 8:25am On Jul 21, 2018
Mekzmoney:
Then get another charger and try it.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:06pm On Jul 21, 2018
Mekzmoney:

Thanks bro.

M just confused.
I answered you before. This issue is a hardware problem. It has nothing to do with Operating system.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Kayzybaba(m): 7:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
pls I want to fix my laptop hinges. how much
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
pls bought a fairly used Compaq laptop with only opera mini and internate explorer but the won't browse pls what do I do
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 11:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
Kayzybaba:
pls I want to fix my laptop hinges. how much

Hi.
How badly affected is the hinges?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by emmaxman(m): 12:38am On Jul 28, 2018
Hello house, my laptop won't come on. But when charge is plug to it, the charger light goes off. After trouble shooting, it will come without displaying with caplock light flashing and changing indicator light on then the laptop goes off.

Help house.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Kayzybaba(m): 1:31am On Jul 28, 2018
Razak5:

Hi. How badly affected is the hinges?
The hinges have broken off
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 11:03am On Jul 28, 2018
Kayzybaba:

The hinges have broken off

If the metal is still intact , it's 6k
If the metal is broken, it's 8k

All these are negotiable depending on the degree of damage.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 11:14am On Jul 28, 2018
emmaxman:
Hello house, my laptop won't come on. But when charge is plug to it, the charger light goes off. After trouble shooting, it will come without displaying with caplock light flashing and changing indicator light on then the laptop goes off.

Help house.

There is a short on the motherboard, that's why the charger light goes off
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rexnegro(m): 11:51am On Jul 28, 2018
sotall:
Hi guys, I am a computer engineer and specializes in servicing and repairing laptops. Post your laptops issue here and i will give you solution that would help you fix it yourself.

Do you have a BIOS-passworded laptop and finding it hard to clear the password?

Call or whatsapp me on the number on my signature

Other engineers in the house can contribute.
hi guy , please I need help my pc is not activated have tried everything to activate it didn't pull through. tho am not much of a tech know how guy , my own is just to use pc literally. I have a the software windows activator but won't still activate it. i have used internet didn't go tru too. please help
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:56am On Jul 28, 2018
Rexnegro:

hi guy , please I need help my pc is not activated have tried everything to activate it didn't pull through. tho am not much of a tech know how guy , my own is just to use pc literally. I have a the software windows activator but won't still activate it. i have used internet didn't go tru too. please help

Since you have used activators and it's not working, you may consider re-loading the OS and activating it.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2018
Rexnegro:

Are you sure you're using the right software?

Go and get windows activator it's #100
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rexnegro(m): 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2018
sotall:

Since you have used activators and it's not working, you may consider re-loading the OS and activating it.
ok , but the problem am scared to do that reloading of a tin. please how can I put off automatic update of windows 10? another thing again I heard is that too much of reloading or upgrading of from lower windows to higher version can spoil the motherboard. please I be novice my own na to use pc for the basics
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rexnegro(m): 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2018
udemzyudex:

yes I have used it before sometime last year .. then another tin again I was thinking maybe it's my windows is not the latest version ... my tot anyway
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rexnegro(m): 1:30am On Jul 29, 2018
udemzyudex:

I have bro , still not happy cos I have taken the system to meet with someone I believe he could do it...
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kodded(m): 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2018
hey guys, so I wanted to buy a laptop from someone but I already have two 4gb ram (i.e. 8gb ram) from my dead laptop and a 500gb harddisk so I told the seller I don't need his ram or hard disk which will make the laptop a lot cheaper to purchase but the issue is that the laptop I want to buy has 350gb harddisk (which i think is the maximum capacity) my question is can my 500gb harddisk be installed on the laptop without any issues ? and can my 8gb ram be installed in the new laptop without any issues too ?

my dead laptop was HP pavilion 15, while the laptop I want to buy is Hp Elitebook 8440p Intel Corei5

cc computerboy
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
My laptop drains data faster unlike before, what should I do, please?
Cc computerboy

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.