Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161183 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sayyid(m): 10:18am On Oct 12, 2016
sotall:
Then you are not getting original batteries. Next time try getting batteries that comes with brand new system. It will be more expensive than getting regular new batteries.
thanks so much
please where can i get original battery i currently recide in ilorin and please like how much will it cost?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:39am On Oct 12, 2016
sayyid:

thanks so much
please where can i get original battery i currently recide in ilorin and please like how much will it cost?
I don't know where you can get if in Ilorin. I am in Lagos.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sayyid(m): 3:57pm On Oct 12, 2016
sotall:
I don't know where you can get if in Ilorin. I am in Lagos.
it will cost like how much please?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by fabre4: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
sotall:

what brand and model of laptop is it?

When u say it doesnt show anything ...do you mean the screen is white? or dark?

HP notebook pavilion 6735s
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by fabre4: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
sotall:

what brand and model of laptop is it?

When u say it doesnt show anything ...do you mean the screen is white? or dark?

HP notebook pavilion 6735s the system comes up but the screen doesn't show anything.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:25pm On Oct 12, 2016
fabre4:

HP notebook pavilion 6735s the system comes up but the screen doesn't show anything.
Is it AMD or Intel? that will go a long way in telling you what to do.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by fabre4: 8:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
sotall:
Is it AMD or Intel? that will go a long way in telling you what to do.

amd
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:50pm On Oct 12, 2016
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2016
fabre4:

amd
When AMD systems start having display issues , there is a high probability that it is the VGA that is having issues. Hence there is a slim chance of that board working if it is having VGA problem.

Nevertheless, you need to take it to a board engineer for physical diagnosis.

Don't let them heat the board for you, if they do, the board will display and later won't display again.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by scarycuteface(m): 9:11pm On Oct 12, 2016
I want to increase the RAM of my laptop from 2 to 4, I use a HP. How much should I budget?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
scarycuteface:
I want to increase the RAM of my laptop from 2 to 4, I use a HP. How much should I budget?
it depends on the type of RAM your system is using . Is it DDR1 , DDR2 or DDR3 ? is it PCR or PC3L?

All thee affects prices. Broadly, 4 gigabytes shouldnt be more than 6k.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by fabre4: 1:44am On Oct 13, 2016
sotall:
When AMD systems start having display issues , there is a high probability that it is the VGA that is having issues. Hence there is a slim chance of that board working if it is having VGA problem.

Nevertheless, you need to take it to a board engineer for physical diagnosis.

Don't let them heat the board for you, if they do, the board will display and later won't display again.

This is the second time its happening, the first time I took it to a laptop repairer but i can't tell if it was heated or notdoes that mean it won't display again? what are the possible solutions to it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:10am On Oct 13, 2016
fabre4:

This is the second time its happening, the first time I took it to a laptop repairer but i can't tell if it was heated or notdoes that mean it won't display again? what are the possible solutions to it
Reballing of the VGA chip is the solution but it is quite expensive. I. would rather advice you get a new board for your system.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:25am On Oct 13, 2016
sayyid:

it will cost like how much please?
it depends on the seller. It should be around six thousand.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sayyid(m): 6:27am On Oct 13, 2016
sotall:
it depends on the seller. It should be around six thousand.
okay thanks bro
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by fabre4: 7:26am On Oct 13, 2016
sotall:
Reballing of the VGA chip is the solution but it is quite expensive. I. would rather advice you get a new board for your system.

Around how much will cost
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:44am On Oct 13, 2016
fabre4:

Around how much will cost
Don't know due to the unusual increase in price of technology devices and accessories these days.
You can either go for used board or a new one. if you are in Lagos, you can reach me on the number in my signature.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by fabre4: 8:13am On Oct 13, 2016
sotall:
Don't know due to the unusual increase in price of technology devices and accessories these days.
You can either go for used board or a new one. if you are in Lagos, you can reach me on the number in my signature.

I stay far from Lagos but please I just want an estimate so I'll know how much to keep in mind and thanks uve been very helpful
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:31am On Oct 13, 2016
fabre4:

I stay far from Lagos but please I just want an estimate so I'll know how much to keep in mind and thanks uve been very helpful
18k- 22k for new one.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by BARAJ92(m): 11:30am On Oct 13, 2016
please, Am having a problem with my system, I can't find the wireless adapter on it and the green light indication for power on is not coming on.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2016
Tinubu vs obi
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
kingsleykings:
Please I urgently need your assistance; my HP(2000) laptop is always malfunctioning, the brightness increases excessively and it is uncontrolled, it shutdown suddenly while in use even when when the battery level is at 45% and it is difficult for me to log-in when the system is boots up
So many problem on one system. The display problem can be solved through power settings. But shutting down automatically when the battery is 45% is unusual and I hope it is not a board problem . Difficulty in login in is most likely OS issues.

I recommend taking it to an engineer for proper troubleshooting and repair. if you are in Lagos, whstsapp or contact 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by okooloyun1(m): 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
Please my laptop displays window 7 not genuine and when I click a thing it takes like forever to load, the laptop is Toshiba (mini) NB305. Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Femmyfamous4u(m): 4:39pm On Oct 13, 2016
my hp 6735s' cd drive is not working. it will only roll for a while and stop. any help?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 4:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
okooloyun1:
Please my laptop displays window 7 not genuine and when I click a thing it takes like forever to load, the laptop is Toshiba (mini) NB305. Thanks
You need to activate it . Get windows activator and activate it or take it to an engineer . If you are in Lagos and need an engineer to help you fix it. call or whstsapp 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by okooloyun1(m): 5:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
sotall:
You need to activate it . Get windows activator and activate it or take it to an engineer . If you are in Lagos and need an engineer to help you fix it. call or whstsapp 08164685979.
Thank for your prompt response, how do I get d window activator and if I take it to an engineer like how much will it cost me. I stay in Ibadan.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2016
okooloyun1:
Thank for your prompt response, how do I get d window activator and if I take it to an engineer like how much will it cost me. I stay in Ibadan.
Get windows activator from those guys selling computer software. It should be 200 hundred naira. It is very easy to use.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2016
Femmyfamous4u:
my hp 6735s' cd drive is not working. it will only roll for a while and stop. any help?
The lens may be weak. Get a new CD ROM
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by okooloyun1(m): 5:47pm On Oct 13, 2016
sotall:
Get windows activator from those guys selling computer software. It should be 200 hundred naira. It is very easy to use.
Thanks, God bless you.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Femmyfamous4u(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2016
sotall:
The lens may be weak. Get a new CD ROM
even a new CD ROM failed to work
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2016
Femmyfamous4u:
even a new CD ROM failed to work
Did you get the exact one compatible with your system?

If yes and you are still experiencing issues, I will still advice you try more CD ROMs. if it fails to work, then you can opt for external CD ROM for your system
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Jbryte(m): 5:04am On Oct 14, 2016
My Acer Laptop screen halved itself into two equals without any collision whatsoever. One displays properly, the other shows strange multiple blue lines. Pls help sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.