Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,789 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (160708 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2020
neuroboy4:

cry
they have to replace the power switch button panel connected to the motherboard. It won't cost much, it's just a daughterboard.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
Samfilo31:
Please wat the cos of screen line, i mean a dividing de screen into 2 and increasing
Almost 3 of my laptop i use always have dis same issues and it always starts immediately i change the follow come charger

Those it means high voltage charger or non compatible charger can affect the screen, pls share ur opinions
all those 3 laptops, you have used in the past, and this laptop, were you using the same hard disk for it ?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Taiwo20(m): 1:24pm On Jul 31, 2020
Adewale1603:
there is a problem with the charging board and ic. It has to be changed

Yes. I guess so. One engineer who tried to work on it then said so. That it's a board problem. But I don't know why he could solve it.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Samfilo31(m): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
Adewale1603:
all those 3 laptops, you have used in the past, and this laptop, were you using the same hard disk for it ?
Adewale not really sir
But technically wat could possibly spoil a screen can hard drive do dis, once a single line crosses it will increase day by day till i will have no choice dat to think of replacing the screen, i just want to know de cause so i can think of solutions, i technically blame charger cos notin else cud cos it

Please if you think hard drive might contribute pls tro more lights, my hard drive is 1tb my system is HP pavilion Dv6000 running windows 8.1
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Edopesin: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
Samfilo31:
Adewale not really sir
But technically wat could possibly spoil a screen can hard drive do dis, once a single line crosses it will increase day by day till i will have no choice dat to think of replacing the screen, i just want to know de cause so i can think of solutions, i technically blame charger cos notin else cud cos it

Please if you think hard drive might contribute pls tro more lights, my hard drive is 1tb my system is HP pavilion Dv6000 running windows 8.1

What's the graphics card of the laptop?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Jidonskii(m): 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Adewale1603:
if you have the service manual or user guide manual of that laptop, you will see the type, specifications of maximum higher wattage it support. You can download the pdf manual for that system online
Alright, thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
Samfilo31:
Adewale not really sir

it's just a coincidence with the 3 laptops you have used in the past. Chargers has nothing to do with screen problem. Those laptops are prone to such issues, it's a production or manufacturer defect.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by seankafor(m): 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
Adewale1603:
it's just a coincidence with the 3 laptops you have used in the past. Chargers has nothing to do with screen problem. Those laptops are prone to such issues, it's a production or manufacturer defect.
brother like this am having a PTSD on laptops.

I don't know why laptops tends to be more complicated than the phone counterparts..

I didn't like my first experience with laptop honestly..brand new to be precise
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2020
Samfilo31:
Adewale not really sir

i have an experience where a bad hard disk caused a flickering and inverted screen on my laptop. I firstly thought it was the laptop that has problem, i bought another laptop, and the same screen problem happened, before i discovered it's my hard disk that is bad causing the issue, because i was using the same hard disk for the system. I change the hard disk, and it never behave that way again.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Samfilo31(m): 4:44pm On Jul 31, 2020
Edopesin:

What's the graphics card of the laptop?
nvidia geforce Intel core i2 2.0ghz
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Samfilo31(m): 4:51pm On Jul 31, 2020
Adewale1603:
i have an experience where a bad hard disk caused a flickering and inverted screen on my laptop. I firstly thought it was the laptop that has problem, i bought another laptop, and the same screen problem happened, before i discovered it's my hard disk that is bad causing the issue, because i was using the same hard disk for the system. I change the hard disk, and it never behave that way again.
your talking about flickering screen which might be software related issues like updating screen drivers
Am talking about a single line dividing de screen into 2 and increasing every single day till the whole screen can't see anything
But de system boots up and operates very well, i want to know de cause of such issues and solutions cos dis is not a coincidence somtin, spoil screen can't start by dividing
I need ideas please, so that if i change the screen i will be careful
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 5:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
Samfilo31:
your talking about flickering screen which might be software related issues like updating screen drivers
Am talking about a single line dividing de screen into 2 and increasing every single day till the whole screen can't see anything
But de system boots up and operates very well, i want to know de cause of such issues and solutions cos dis is not a coincidence somtin, spoil screen can't start by dividing
I need ideas please, so that if i change the screen i will be careful
it's a screen problem, the screen might have hit an object, that caused the divided line, and the more you keep using it that way, the lines and damage will be increasing day by day, it's an hardware issue. until you change the whole screen.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by onyotakom: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2020
Pls help! my HP pavilion g4 usually shuts down after about ten to fifteen minutes of usage. If I try to power it on again, it will still shut down instantly. I've checked the fan and it is working fine. I've equally checked the ram whether if it is properly placed, and it is. I've even formatted the PC but the problem still persist.
I took it to one technician in my area, he told me that it is the silicone paste that is dried up. I don't really know what that is. pls help.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Edopesin: 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2020
Samfilo31:
nvidia geforce
Intel core i2 2.0ghz

I think the graphics card is being overworked that's why you're seeing those lines, I've been there but it usually goes back to normal when you close the task consuming programs
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Samfilo31(m): 1:35pm On Aug 01, 2020
Edopesin:

I think the graphics card is being overworked that's why you're seeing those lines, I've been there but it usually goes back to normal when you close the task consuming programs
thank you very much for your contributions but the line dat divide the screen isn't going back as u said but increasing every day and bigger, can graphics chips have hardware effects on screen, my previous system had same problem but chips wasn't worked on be4
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Samfilo31(m): 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2020
Yes the processor over heat and shutdown itself after 15mins then when you switch on while it still hot it will automatically shutdown by itself it means de silicone paste is dried up
onyotakom:
Pls help! my HP pavilion g4 usually shuts down after about ten to fifteen minutes of usage. If I try to power it on again, it will still shut down instantly. I've checked the fan and it is working fine. I've equally checked the ram whether if it is properly placed, and it is. I've even formatted the PC but the problem still persist.
I took it to one technician in my area, he told me that it is the silicone paste that is dried up. I don't really know what that is. pls help.
go to a technician that has the silicone paste
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Edopesin: 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
Samfilo31:
thank you very much for your contributions but the line dat divide the screen isn't going back as u said but increasing every day and bigger, can graphics chips have hardware effects on screen, my previous system had same problem but chips wasn't worked on be4

graphic cards can do that
Try connecting the laptop to any external screen with a HDMI cable, if the lines show in the external screen then you will know it is the graphics card
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by onyotakom: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
Samfilo31:
Yes the processor over heat and shutdown itself after 15mins then when you switch on while it still hot it will automatically shutdown by itself it means de silicone paste is dried up go to a technician that has the silicone paste
Thanks for your switf reply. I'll do just as u said.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Marvelbliz: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
Hello, please I have HP Elitebook 8460p, it's now difficult to charge. When I plug it, it doesn't show charge indicator light nor even show on the screen that's its charging. It doesn't charge some times.
And sometimes, when I plug it, it shocks me whenever I touch the body.
Please what could be wrong, I just bought it newly. UK used.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Morris101686(m): 12:07am On Aug 02, 2020
Good day readers,
I own a Mini Packard Bell an Acer brand with screen touch. I have been working with this particular system for since mid 2017. Although the laptop screen was broken when it was matched upon by unknown person(s) where's been plugged.
All efforts made to get a good engineer to get the screen fixed proved abortive. So I take heed to come online to drop this memo to my fellow lads to assist me with a competent Computer engineer here in Umuahia Abia State to help me work on this ugly menance which have lingered for years to get fixed.
I can't afford to go through the stress of some incompetent engineer and bruhaha of computer village guys thats why I crave your indulgence to help a fellow.
For your convenience find the features of the aforementioned Mini Laptop which ll enable some person(s) with the price tagged of the screen.
Name: Packard Bell an Acer brand (ENME 69BMP)
10.1" Multi-Touch HD LCD
Please state in details how much it ll cost to get it fixed. Thanks for your candid advice upon this. Looking for a favourable response
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 5:59am On Aug 02, 2020
onyotakom:
Your laptop needs servicing. The fans needs to be clean. The processor might already be damaged from the frequent overheating. You can change and upgrade the processor within the chipset series, and reapply a new thermal paste to it.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Kdude: 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hi Op.

Battery not charging issue

I have Lenovo Thinkpad 450s, windows 10 pro, two batteries - internal and external. Earlier the two batteries were fully charged, 100% separately.

I tried knowing the capacity of the internal battery, so i pulled out the external battery and ran on the internal. . I was on internal for like 10 minutes and i decided to charge up, I just noticed the following:
1. at 95%, the internal battery refused to charge. Do do do do do do do for almost thirty minutes, nada!.
2. i put external battery back, the external read 100% and fully charged, still, the internal refused to charge.
3. i unplugged the charger to run on the batteries. when external depleted to 94%, i inserted the charger.
4. at 94% external battery, i inserted the charger, battery 2 (external) started to charge and it got to 100% and fully charged.
5. Internal battery, nada! didnt charge. maintained 95%. NOT CHARGING DISPLAYED. I'm scared of depleting internal battery at the moment...before i run into bigger trouble.
5. Please, is the system ok or sick?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2020
Kdude:
Hi Op.

Battery not charging issue

I have Lenovo Thinkpad 450s, windows 10 pro, two batteries - internal and external. Earlier the two batteries were fully charged, 100% separately.

I tried knowing the capacity of the internal battery, so i pulled out the external battery and ran on the internal. . I was on internal for like 10 minutes and i decided to charge up, I just noticed the following:
1. at 95%, the internal battery refused to charge. Do do do do do do do for almost thirty minutes, nada!.
2. i put external battery back, the external read 100% and fully charged, still, the internal refused to charge.
3. i unplugged the charger to run on the batteries. when external depleted to 94%, i inserted the charger.
4. at 94% external battery, i inserted the charger, battery 2 (external) started to charge and it got to 100% and fully charged.
5. Internal battery, nada! didnt charge. maintained 95%. NOT CHARGING DISPLAYED. I'm scared of depleting internal battery at the moment...before i run into bigger trouble.
5. Please, is the system ok or sick?
allow the internal battery to deplete to 94% or 92% before it could start charging back
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by degenuine1(m): 11:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
Good evening. I Was working with my laptop when my screen went off and power button can just off by a single click. hard disc is working but no fan and other lights...seems board is faulty. Pls anybody with help and most importantly.. how can I recover my files from the disk.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Sirventor01(m): 3:32am On Aug 03, 2020
Please help my HP 15 laptop keyboard and mouse just stopped working...when you put it on after coming on nothing would press again
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2020
degenuine1:
Good evening. I Was working with my laptop when my screen went off and power button can just off by a single click. hard disc is working but no fan and other lights...seems board is faulty. Pls anybody with help and most importantly.. how can I recover my files from the disk.
Hard disks have protective mechanism, your files are safe, you can recover your files by removing the hard disk from your laptop and accessing it with another laptop
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 8:06am On Aug 03, 2020
degenuine1:
have you perform a hard reset ?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 8:11am On Aug 03, 2020
Samfilo31:
that Hp pavilion dv6000 is very notorious for vga, graphics card failure and system board issues. Those are the early symptoms
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 8:15am On Aug 03, 2020
Sirventor01:
Please help my HP 15 laptop keyboard and mouse just stopped working...when you put it on after coming on nothing would press again
You need to perform a hard reset. All functions will return back to normal
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Taiwo20(m): 8:33am On Aug 03, 2020
Adewale1603:
Your laptop needs servicing. The fans needs to be clean. The processor might already be damaged from the frequent overheating. You can change and upgrade the processor within the chipset series, and reapply a new thermal paste to it.

Are you in Lagos? If yes, what part of Lagos?
I need to fix the battery not charging issue.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Engrcharlesid(m): 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2020
I mistakenly step on my laptop screen dis morning..

How much would it cost to fix it ..plus battery not charging

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by onyotakom: 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2020
Adewale1603:
Thanks for your reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.