Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161032 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 9:11pm On Aug 04, 2020
Pearlqueen:
I have done that, still no result.

I'm particular about the "pim, pim" and cracking sound that is made while it is powered on and the lights on the Capslock button and scroll button blink together once the sounds start and then stops before it then hangs finally.
i understand, your caps lock button blinks and the scroll lock button, these are the diagnostic signs or messages about what is wrong with the laptop. This sounds as a failed bios updates, the system will hangs at that hp logo, sometimes just blank screen. Can you enter into the bios menu ?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 9:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
Pearlqueen:
I have done that, still no result.

I'm particular about the "pim, pim" and cracking sound that is made while it is powered on and the lights on the Capslock button and scroll button blink together once the sounds start and then stops before it then hangs finally.
if it's not the bios, then it's definitely the Hard drive is bad
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 9:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
neuroboy4:
Good day guys. I want to ask. Is it possible to repair my laptop's touchpad (mouse pad)? That white cable that connects the touchpad to the motherboard is broken and no longer working.

can I get a replacement cable for the touchpad?

can this be repaired or I should zero mind off it?
yes it is possible to get the replacement cable, but there are some cases where they will have to change the whole touch pad panel, connected to the motherboard, it depends on the laptop. You can make use of an external mouse pending the time, you change it

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Pearlqueen(f): 9:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
Adewale1603:
i understand, your caps lock button blinks and the scroll lock button, these are the diagnostic signs or messages about what is wrong with the laptop. This sounds as a failed bios updates, the system will hangs at that hp logo, sometimes just blank screen. Can you enter into the bios menu ?
Yes, I can access the BIOS setup.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2020
Pearlqueen:
Yes, I can access the BIOS setup.
it's the hard drive
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Pearlqueen(f): 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2020
Adewale1603:
it's the hard drive
Like how much then will the hard drive cost, up to 750GB?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 10:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
Pearlqueen:
Like how much then will the hard drive cost, up to 750GB?
i don't know of 750Gb, but 500GB is about #7,000.
Technology advancement, HDD is fast becoming obsolete. SSD is the future, very fast and most reliable

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Pearlqueen(f): 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
Adewale1603:
i don't know of 750Gb, but 500GB is about #7,000.
Technology advancement, HDD is fast becoming obsolete. SSD is the future, very fast and most reliable
How can one now change from HDD to SSD?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
Pearlqueen:
How can one now change from HDD to SSD?
you will buy SSD storage instead of the regular HDD storage. And insert it into the system. It support every laptop, even old laptops. It's expensive, unlike the regular HDD, it's called a Solid state drive, it has no rotating mechanical tape like hard drive, so it's very fast just like a Ram memory, it's durable and doesn't crash like hard drive.

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Sirventor01(m): 4:50am On Aug 05, 2020
effectz123:

This kind of problem might require restoring the operating system. Do a back up of your files and restore windows to factory defaults. Everything should work fine. This kind of issue are sometimes difficult to fix with every method you can think of until you restore windows.
Nothing is working at all once you press the power key and it comes on it just get stuck on the password page that’s all
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by effectz123(m): 5:28am On Aug 05, 2020
Sirventor01:

Nothing is working at all once you press the power key and it comes on it just get stuck on the password page that’s all
Like i said, you'll need to restore it. Send me a DM through my signature. I might not be on NL during the day.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 7:21am On Aug 05, 2020
Sirventor01:

you will need an external keyboard and mouse to be able to do anything on that system and restore your windows
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 05, 2020
Adewale1603:
you bought the laptop partially for gaming, you already know it's not a gaming system, so don't expect much from it. It doesn't meet the minimum requirement or have enough graphics memory required by those games. Although there re some tweaks on the net to increase the vram and bypass that restrictions. But not all system it can work with

so what am I going to do like this
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 7:33am On Aug 05, 2020
McAyoola:

so what am I going to do like this
you'll continue to play mid range games or older games it would smoothly play. Or you can upgrade the graphics card of the laptop, which i doubt if it would be upgradeable
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Sirventor01(m): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2020
Adewale1603:
you will need an external keyboard and mouse to be able to do anything on that system and restore your windows
Ok thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Jaywon9ja(m): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2020
Dear All,
Please i run a window 8.1 on my HP envy Ultrabook 4 laptop. I tried using the Webcam of recent then i noticed the display is blank, only the white dot light turn on after i open YouCam. So i updated YouCam thinking i have old version YouCam, then i ran YouCam again and the display shows YouCam icon instead of displaying my face. i installed Zoom as well and i got a blank display too. I checked my Device Manager and it was SPCA2082 PC Camera that i have as Camera Driver... But when i checked other people HP laptop they have HP Truevision as Camera Driver. Please what can be done to rectify the problem and make my webcam works.

NOTE: beside the laptop Webcam, HP Truevision is boldly written.

Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2020
Jaywon9ja:
Dear All,
Please i run a window 8.1 on my HP envy Ultrabook 4 laptop. I tried using the Webcam of recent then i noticed the display is blank, only the white dot light turn on after i open YouCam. So i updated YouCam thinking i have old version YouCam, then i ran YouCam again and the display shows YouCam icon instead of displaying my face. i installed Zoom as well and i got a blank display too. I checked my Device Manager and it was SPCA2082 PC Camera that i have as Camera Driver... But when i checked other people HP laptop they have HP Truevision as Camera Driver. Please what can be done to rectify the problem and make my webcam works.

NOTE: beside the laptop Webcam, HP Truevision is boldly written.

Thanks.
Your webcam driver is not yet installed. That Hp True vision is the webcam driver meant for your system. You need to update the webcam driver from the device manager or download it from the website and manually install it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Jaywon9ja(m): 10:40am On Aug 05, 2020
Adewale1603:
Your webcam driver is not yet installed. That Hp True vision is the webcam driver meant for your system. You need to update the webcam driver from the device manager or download it from the website and manually install it

Please how can i manually download it online, i have searched google for days but to no avail.

As advised, i have tried updating from device manager for days, but all i get back in return is 'window has determined the best driver software for your device is already installed'
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 11:33am On Aug 05, 2020
Jaywon9ja:

Please how can i manually download it online, i have searched google for days but to no avail.

As advised, i have tried updating from device manager for days, but all i get back in return is 'window has determined the best driver software for your device is already installed'
you will go to the official website page of Hp, hp support page and enter and search for your laptop model, product name or serial number. It would detect your system model and ask you to select your operating system, you will select windows 8.1 64bit version, then move to the softwares and drivers section, you will see a list of all system drivers, expand the tab panel, to show more info about each drivers. you will see the camera drivers there also, just click on it and download it and run the exe file for installations.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Jaywon9ja(m): 11:34am On Aug 05, 2020
Jaywon9ja:

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 11:41am On Aug 05, 2020
Jaywon9ja:

Another thing you should firstly do is, go to the device manager and uninstall that webcam driver there and delete the device driver. Restart your laptop, on restarting, the correct camera driver Hp true vision will be installed automatically for you.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by VerifiedStalin: 11:47am On Aug 05, 2020
Adewale1603:
you will buy SSD storage instead of the regular HDD storage. And insert it into the system. It support every laptop, even old laptops. It's expensive, unlike the regular HDD, it's called a Solid state drive, it has no rotating mechanical tape like hard drive, so it's very fast just like a Ram memory, it's durable and doesn't crash like hard drive.

How much is SSD? I want to upgrade my HP Pavilion 15-ac151dx instead of getting a new laptop.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 11:51am On Aug 05, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

How much is SSD? I want to upgrade my HP HP Pavilion 15-ac151dx instead of getting a new laptop.
it's expensive, but i don't have an idea of the current prices. Ask those sellers in charge of market and technology section
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by VerifiedStalin: 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2020
Adewale1603:
it's expensive, but i don't have an idea of the current prices. Ask those sellers in charge of market and technology section

Alright, thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Edopesin: 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
VerifiedStalin:

How much is SSD? I want to upgrade my HP Pavilion 15-ac151dx instead of getting a new laptop.

Just know it's 5x(sometimes more) the price of HDD in the same storage range

Like if 250gb HDD is 3000 then 250gb SSD will be 15000

I don't know if this is the case of recent though

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by VerifiedStalin: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Edopesin:

Just know it's 5x(sometimes more) the price of HDD in the same storage range

Like if 250gb HDD is 3000 then 250gb SSD will be 15000

I don't know if this is the case of recent though

This is very helpful. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Jaywon9ja(m): 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
Adewale1603:
Another thing you should firstly do is, go to the device manager and uninstall that webcam driver there and delete the device driver. Restart your laptop, on restarting, the correct camera driver Hp true vision will be installed automatically for you.

Thank you for giving me time, i have tried all troubleshooting you gave and here are the results.
1. On Hp support sites, i couldn't find any software/driver on Camera or Webcam. The only one on Camera is Cyberlink YouCam 5.0 which i have installed already. So that doesn't help resolve the issue.

2. I uninstalled the SPCA2082 PC Camera, and went to my Local disk C: windows to try delete the files, but its not giving me access, so i couldn't delete device driver or probably i dont know how to go about deleting the device driver. so upon restarting the system, the SPCA2082 re-installed automatically again.

Please do you reside in Ibadan or is there anyone you can recommend for me in Ibadan to help me fix this.

Thanks so much.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Jaywon9ja(m): 1:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Adewale1603:

But if you don't mind, can you kindly expantiate for me how to delete device driver. How to easily identify the exact driver and where to locate it.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by neuroboy4: 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
Adewale1603:
yes it is possible to get the replacement cable, but there are some cases where they will have to change the whole touch pad panel, connected to the motherboard, it depends on the laptop. You can make use of an external mouse pending the time, you change it
Ohh, Thanks...
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
Jaywon9ja:

But if you don't mind, can you kindly expantiate for me how to delete device driver. How to easily identify the exact driver and where to locate it.

Thanks in anticipation.
in the process of uninstalling it, you know that, it will bring out a confirmation dialogue, asking you to confirm the uninstallation, there will also be a little box, click inside that box to both uninstall and delete the device driver, so that it won't automatically reinstall again.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 2:49pm On Aug 05, 2020
Jaywon9ja:

Thank you for giving me time, i have tried all troubleshooting you gave and here are the results.
1. On Hp support sites, i couldn't find any software/driver on Camera or Webcam. The only one on Camera is Cyberlink YouCam 5.0 which i have installed already. So that doesn't help resolve the issue.

2. I uninstalled the SPCA2082 PC Camera, and went to my Local disk C: windows to try delete the files, but its not giving me access, so i couldn't delete device driver or probably i dont know how to go about deleting the device driver. so upon restarting the system, the SPCA2082 re-installed automatically again.

Please do you reside in Ibadan or is there anyone you can recommend for me in Ibadan to help me fix this.

Thanks so much.
That cyberlink youcam is a software not a driver, the driver is not available on the official site.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 05, 2020
Adewale1603:
you'll continue to play mid range games or older games it would smoothly play. Or you can upgrade the graphics card of the laptop, which i doubt if it would be upgradeable
. ohk. thank you sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.