Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (160959 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by uyogabie(f): 10:20pm On Feb 19, 2021
Adewale1603:
uninstall and delete permanently the stubborn drivers, so that it won't reinstall back when you restart the system. only install the proper mouse and touchpad driver meant for the system.

I've deleted it from the unistall programme and features several times.How do I know and install mouse good for the system?I've gone to the manufacturer's site,don't know how.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2021
uyogabie:

I've deleted it from the unistall programme and features several times.How do I know and install mouse good for the system?I've gone to the manufacturer's site,don't know how.
Thanks
Not really under that programs and feautures, because some programs or software do not show in the list of all programs installed. you will go to control panel, under the device manager list, you will see the mice and pointing devices, you will click on it, its there you will uninstall and delete the driver. you can google search for the touchpad/mouse driver online for your laptop model and download it and install it.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by uyogabie(f): 7:47am On Feb 20, 2021
Adewale1603:
Not really under that programs and feautures, because some programs or software do not show in the list of all programs installed. you will go to control panel, under the device manager list, you will see the mice and pointing devices, you will click on it, its there you will uninstall and delete the driver. you can google search for the touchpad/mouse driver online for your laptop model and download it and install it.
Thanks a lot.
Although I have been unistalling the drivers under the mice and pointing device, a PS 2 compatible mouse will come up which works well with the system but as soon as there is any update, it will reinstall itself.
I've checked for the touchpad driver for the my product, it's the same ELAN.For now I've deferred windows update.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by bodnel: 5:31am On Feb 22, 2021
Please Gurus I have an N3530 HP laptop with broken hinges plastic cover on both sides ,how can it be fixed and cost please

Resides in Lagos
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2021
bodnel:
Please Gurus I have an N3530 HP laptop with broken hinges plastic cover on both sides ,how can it be fixed and cost please

Resides in Lagos

You can send me the pictures on 08064724259 let's see if it can be fix or not.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by zealousayo(m): 4:52pm On Feb 22, 2021
Adewale1603:
uninstall and delete permanently the stubborn drivers, so that it won't reinstall back when you restart the system. only install the proper mouse and touchpad driver meant for the system.

Sir,

My system began overheating early this month, and it would automatically turn itself off. Consequent to this, I took it to a repairer, he said it needed servicing. I left it there for him to fix it. After some days, I went to take it, powered it on and there was no more overheating.

But the issue now it still turns itself off without overheating when I tried to use it yesterday. It really makes me considering the amount of money I used to get the laptop.

Please what's the solution sir... 'cause I don't have a dime on me presently to take it to an engineer. Thanks in advance sir.

The system is Hp elitebook 8440p.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2021
zealousayo:

Sir,

My system began overheating early this month, and it would automatically turn itself off. Consequent to this, I took it to a repairer, he said it needed servicing. I left it there for him to fix it. After some days, I went to take it, powered it on and there was no more overheating.

But the issue now it still turns itself off without overheating when I tried to use it yesterday. It really makes me considering the amount of money I used to get the laptop.

Please what's the solution sir... 'cause I don't have a dime on me presently to take it to an engineer. Thanks in advance sir.

The system is Hp elitebook 8440p.
The major reason that could cause a laptop overheating and turning itself off, as a defense or protective mechanism to prevent more damages to the internal component is if the cooling fan is not working properly or not working at all. do you confirm if the cooling fan is working on your system, I believe its your cooling fan that's faulty, that's what cause the overheating and shutting down. Did the engineer notify you that it was the fan or change the fan ? when you took it for the servicing. Or he only did a general cleaning and maintenance. if you are always placing your laptop on a soft surface like a bed, blankets, pillow instead of on a table or desk could also cause the overheating.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by zealousayo(m): 5:50pm On Feb 22, 2021
Adewale1603:

The major reason that could cause a laptop overheating and turning itself off, as a defense or protective mechanism to prevent more damages to the internal component is if the cooling fan is not working properly or not working at all. do you confirm if the cooling fan is working on your system, I believe its your cooling fan that's faulty, that's what cause the overheating and shutting down. Did the engineer notify you that it was the fan or change the fan ? when you took it for the servicing. Or he only did a general cleaning and maintenance. if you are always placing your laptop on a soft surface like a bed, blankets, pillow instead of on a table or desk could also cause the overheating.

Thanks for your response sir.

Firstly, I don't place my laptop on bed or any soft surface, I only place it on a table.
Furthermore, I can't really say whether the engineer just carried out a normal cleaning or did something else, but I just noticed there's a change in that overheating issue... but it's still shutting down. Could it be a software issue or a hardware issue the Engineer did not get?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by tygar(m): 5:54pm On Feb 22, 2021
zealousayo:

Firstly, I don't place my laptop on bed or any soft surface, I only place it on a table.
Furthermore, I can't really say whether the engineer just carried out a normal cleaning or did something else, but I just noticed there's a change in that overheating issue... but it's still shutting down. Could it be a software issue or a hardware issue the Engineer did not get?
you can download either speedfan or Aida extreme app to check the temperatures of your system
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by zealousayo(m): 5:56pm On Feb 22, 2021
tygar:

you can download either speedfan or Aida extreme app to check the temperatures of your system

Thanks greatly sir. I will check the apps out.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 6:40pm On Feb 22, 2021
zealousayo:

can you confirm if the fan is working or do you hear fan noise when powering on the system? If the fan is not working, you will surely see a Hp post warning message immediately you power on the system, telling you that the fan is not working properly and it will shutdown after counting some seconds or tells you to press F1 if you wish to continue powering on the system like that.
if its no more overheating as you said, that means the fan is working. its likely a hardware issue, not software. another suspect is the motherboard.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2021
zealousayo:

you can use speedfan software to check if the fan is working properly. And does the system shutsdown by itself every time or it only shutsdown when doing a heavy task like surfing the internet with hotspot, using heavy apps, playing games?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by zealousayo(m): 7:12pm On Feb 22, 2021
Adewale1603:
you can use speedfan software to check if the fan is working properly. And does the system shutsdown by itself every time or it only shutsdown when doing a heavy task like surfing the internet with hotspot, using heavy apps, playing games?

It shuts down itself even without using heavy apps.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by zealousayo(m): 7:14pm On Feb 22, 2021
Adewale1603:
can you confirm if the fan is working or do you hear fan noise when powering on the system? If the fan is not working, you will surely see a Hp post warning message immediately you power on the system, telling you that the fan is not working properly and it will shutdown after counting some seconds or tells you to press F1 if you wish to continue powering on the system like that.
if its no more overheating as you said, that means the fan is working. its likely a hardware issue, not software. another suspect is the motherboard.

I can hear the fan working.

If it's the motherboard, what's the solution?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adewale1603(m): 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2021
zealousayo:

It shuts down itself even without using heavy apps.
its the motherboard. am afraid that board is gone.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by zealousayo(m): 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2021
Adewale1603:
its the motherboard. am afraid that board is gone.

Chai, I've bought shit. How much is the motherboard sir?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 9:32pm On Feb 22, 2021
zealousayo:

Chai, I've bought shit. How much is the motherboard sir?

Your motherboard is not gone, now is it a timely shutdown? like every 5mins, 10mins etc?

there are so many things that can cause a laptop to shut down, it doesn't mean your motherboard is gone.

So, answer the first question first.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Viccur(m): 9:18am On Feb 23, 2021
Hello house,
My system takes longer time to come up when on after i Updated the windows 10 OS. Is it normal?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2021
Viccur:
Hello house,
My system takes longer time to come up when on after i Updated the windows 10 OS. Is it normal?

late display.

it can be fix but you can wait for Windows next update and see if it is corrected.

BTW, what's the model of your laptop?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Viccur(m): 9:48am On Feb 23, 2021
udemzyudex:

late display.

it can be fix but you can wait for Windows next update and see if it is corrected.

BTW, what's the model of your laptop?
HP Elitebook 8570w
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 10:02am On Feb 23, 2021
Viccur:

HP Elitebook 8570w

Well if you're not comfortable with the late display, it can be fix.

I can fix it if you're in lag.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Viccur(m): 11:17am On Feb 23, 2021
udemzyudex:

Well if you're not comfortable with the late display, it can be fix.

I can fix it if you're in lag.
No I'm not in lag. Will manage it like that
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 11:36am On Feb 23, 2021
Viccur:
No I'm not in lag. Will manage it like that

Lol.. OK, hopefully the next update will reverse it.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by zealousayo(m): 2:09pm On Feb 23, 2021
udemzyudex:

Your motherboard is not gone, now is it a timely shutdown? like every 5mins, 10mins etc?

there are so many things that can cause a laptop to shut down, it doesn't mean your motherboard is gone.

So, answer the first question first.

I used the laptop this morning, but to my amazement, it didn't shut itself down. I used it for 1 hour, 30 mins... The problem the part that sits got very hot, but parts are not. please what's the way forward sir?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2021
zealousayo:

I used the laptop this morning, but to my amazement, it didn't shut itself down. I used it for 1 hour, 30 mins... The problem the part that sits got very hot, but parts are not. please what's the way forward sir?

the coolant the former engr placed on the processor might have dried off.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by zealousayo(m): 2:40pm On Feb 23, 2021
udemzyudex:

the coolant the former engr placed on the processor might have dried off.

Oh okay. Thanks greatly sir.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by lanrecole(m): 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2021
My Dell latitude d620 cooling fan stop working and replace it with a working fan still not working please how can I fix it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Rhayne1: 8:46pm On Feb 23, 2021
Hello everyone, my HP notebook has a broken hinge on one side and I can't close it without damaging the screen.How much would it cost to fix it?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 4:18am On Feb 24, 2021
Rhayne1:
Hello everyone, my HP notebook has a broken hinge on one side and I can't close it without damaging the screen.How much would it cost to fix it?

You can send the pictures of the broken hinge to my WhatsApp 08064724259, let's me see how bad it is, whether it can be fix or you get another carcass.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 4:20am On Feb 24, 2021
lanrecole:
My Dell latitude d620 cooling fan stop working and replace it with a working fan still not working please how can I fix it

See a laptop technician, if you're in lag I can fix it for you.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by dimeji248(m): 7:15pm On Feb 24, 2021
Nice work and thumbs up to all the engnrs so far, the issue am having with my laptop Compaq cq58 is that some of the keyboard are not working, and from the look on the keyboard it doesn't look damage..... so op what could be the cause?

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.