Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Phone Review: Itel 1556 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Review: Itel 1556 (8939 Views)

My Personal Review: Itel A32F Is An Inexpensive Android Go Smartphone With The E / White Guy Compares A Bad Phone Review To Nigeria. (pics) / Just Bought Itel It1556 5000mah Phone. Review Follows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Review: Itel 1556 by DesChyko: 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
Well, here's my review on this device.
Itel 1556 goes for about #25,000 take away a few thousands.

It comes packed in a red flat case, which is actually nice if you intend to present it as a gift to someone smiley

On it is a 12 months warranty serviced by Calcare.

Now, let's sort out the useful components from the useless components of the package. grin

Below is the view of the package. 3 is the warranty. Other sides are branded as shown in 2. 1 is the top view.

Re: Phone Review: Itel 1556 by DesChyko: 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
Aside the paper and plastic packaging, the following are the contents:

1. The Phone Pouch.
2. The Phone.
3. The USB Adapter.
4. The Charger.
5. The USB Cable.
6. The Earphones.

The Phone Pouch comes with a plastic case which fits snugly on the phone. Attached to the plastic case is a leather flap with a plastic transparent area that keeps the notification area and half of the screen visible. It is not responsive to the phone though.

The Phone is dark blue with gray edges. It has a 5.5 inch screen with three touch sensitive buttons at the bottom of the screen. On the top side is an earpiece jack while on the left side are the power/lock screen key and the volume keys. The USB port is at the bottom side. The phone has a built-in 5000 mah battery. It comes with Android 5.1, 512MB RAM and 8GB internal memory. The Charger is rated 1A.

Re: Phone Review: Itel 1556 by DesChyko: 9:29pm On Aug 28, 2016
The Ups
1. The Battery Power.
Itel 1556 is actually packed with power. A personal test I carried out on it saw it last 33 hours (a day and seven hours) under quite heavy use with the screen on and at full brightness. The phone also comes with a Super Power feature which makes you use the phone without charging for close to a week with access to the phone's basic features alone.

2. The Simplicity of the design.
This device has a simple design, is very easy to use and even comes with an easily accessible user's manual right in the settings menu. So, you won't need to ask people around much questions. You can simply ask the phone. Ideal for that professional look. The Mini and Micro SIMs slots and Memory Card slot are all crammed neatly beside the primary camera efficiently and for easy swap.

3. The Front Camera flash.
For selfie lovers, this is a plus. Also, Video Calls can now be done at night without need for a source of light as this phone comes with a flash sitting beside the camera, separated by the earpiece grill.

4. The Pouch.
The phone's pouch is quite tough but trendy. You can catch a quick view of your phone status from the front. The leather-themed plastic at the back of the pouch adds to the class of the phone. Also, all buttons and ports are completely accessible with the phone in the pouch.

5. The Charge Feature.
This is a generous phone as it can charge other devices using the USB adapter that came with the phone. Once it is plugged into the phone's USB port, a USB cable from the phone to be charged can be connected to it. The phone bleeds out to get another charged.. How nice *wipes tears*

The Downs
1. The RAM
This stands out like a sour thumb. A 2016 phone with 512MB RAM? How does that even happen. Even Symbian devices got bored of that already. Well it translates that fewer apps can keep running on your phone at any given time. That means a slower phone.

2. The Primary Camera and Screen
It comes with a 5MP Primary Camera. So therefore, the picture quality is quite sad. I'm going to compare with Symbian phones again, because it's a 2010 feature in those phones to show how bad it really is. The 2MP front camera is manageable, but 5MP in 2016 is quite s****y. The low quality screen certainly does the camera no favours.

3. The Weight and Bulk
Some note users may have no issues whatsoever with the weight, but for other phone users, this device is HEAVY, like it drops on your leg and you feel bad for your feet first before the screen. The phone is also quite bulky. That's from a 'Galaxy' point of view though wink

4. The Shape
For those who're into flashy phones, this device is a No-No. The rectangular shape and mean colours is nothing fancy and it'll be a tough job for all those fancy pink to transform the phone to Cinderella's dream. Really.

5. The rigidity of the software.
This phone is meant to be used the way it came. Customizing it is a tough job as there are few options available. Rooting it isn't worth the stress plus it voids your warranty. Even the fonts (oh bless me, the fonts), there are about three masculine fonts offline and fifty fonts that look like each other online. Running apps meant to customize the phone impact on the RAM and therefore won't remain on forever. There is this ugly annoying picture that steals your screen lock everytime. Well, I'll stop here.

Re: Phone Review: Itel 1556 by DesChyko: 9:30pm On Aug 28, 2016
Personal Verdict:
This phone is ideal for the following people:
1. Your Mom or Dad or Aunt or Uncle or Grannies who actually do much stuffs away from their phone. This is a great 'first time' gift.
2. You who needs a phone that just looks expensive but won't play much more role than the traditional phone. It won't hurt at all to own this device.
3. You without stable power supply. A dead phone won't be of much use anyway, so this is actually a heavy blessing.
4. You looking to take your first Android baby steps. This is a good simple device to give you power to press the 'A' out of Android. Just remember you'll grow teeth soon wink

But if you're a seasoned Android user, except you've been all about low end Android devices, I would advise another device. For the price and power feature, this certainly is appealing, but utility-wise, this is a backward phone today.

And lest I forget..the earpiece is good for taking calls. I didn't add any other purpose angry
Re: Phone Review: Itel 1556 by endtimeshit(m): 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
How person with im right senses go carry money go buy itel phone?
Re: Phone Review: Itel 1556 by DesChyko: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
endtimeshit:
How person with im right senses go carry money go buy itel phone?

No be small thing.
Re: Phone Review: Itel 1556 by neomatrix1027(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2016
Even God won't be happy for me using Itel products

2 Likes

Re: Phone Review: Itel 1556 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2016
Nice review boss

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Chat 222 Phone-why Naija Guys And Babes Go For It! / Blackberry 10.3.1 Vs Android 5.0 Vs Ios 8.1 Vs WP 8.1 / Mi Tribe A500 Replacement Battery Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.