Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Nans Awards President Yaradua. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nans Awards President Yaradua. (1255 Views)

REPORT: President Yaradua Is Dead? / Breaking News, Turai Now President, Yaradua Her ADC / Prophet Banom,okija_juju,lagosboy And Thetruth Have Cured President Yaradua. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nans Awards President Yaradua. by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 02, 2009
It was an embarrassment yesterday when the association of nigerian students presented an award of transparency and good governance to president musa yaradua who was represented by the minister of youth development,senator olasunkanmi Akinlabi in Abuja.Acting nans president Egbe Godwin and nans senate president olalekan smart made the presentation amid praises on his administration.What has student unionism turn to in Nigeria?.
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by asha80(m): 9:03am On Oct 02, 2009
Source?
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by Nigerd(m): 9:09am On Oct 02, 2009
I can believe that if it is true, then let the strike continue
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 02, 2009
OP i need to know the source cozz it seem oldschool to me.
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by Mbeki: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2009
i doubt your story. what about this ,
S-T-R-I-K-E : 700,000 varsity students to walk naked in Abuja - Plan to disrupt U-17 FIFA World Cup - ASUU, NASU protest in Abeokuta

From Joe Nwachukwu and Olayinka Olukoya - 30.09.2009

ABOUT 700,000 students from various universities have decided to storm Abuja next month to go naked, because of the strike that has kept all of them at home.

though NANS has many faction now, Who is the president of NANS??
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by kuramo: 10:07am On Oct 02, 2009
It's very true, i saw it on NTA news last night. Wonders will never end.
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by citizenY(m): 10:18am On Oct 02, 2009
What a pity? I hope COMRADE GODWIN will lead them grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

During our time cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

The class of '78--- Ali must go

Oh !!1 what a life. Segun Okeowo, hail you.

What a life?
sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by asha80(m): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2009
kuramo:

It's very true, i saw it on NTA news last night. Wonders will never end.

Well that is true then the strike should continue.Foolish faction of NANS.
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 02, 2009
@asha 80,
Such story never makes a headline.Just saw it on nta news but check page 10 of punch newspaper for the photo gallery.
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by nairacash: 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2009
Its true, I watched it on NTA Network news last night, but I don't know which of the NANS is that one. I suspect it should be "News Agency of Nigerian Students" grin grin grin grin
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by walata44(m): 12:39pm On Oct 02, 2009
Nans Awards President Yaradua.
« on: Today at 08:56:28 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was an embarrassment yesterday when the association of nigerian students presented an award of transparency and good governance to president musa yaradua who was represented by the minister of youth development,senator olasunkanmi Akinlabi in Abuja.Acting nans president Egbe Godwin and nans senate president olalekan smart made the presentation amid praises on his administration.What has student unionism turn to in Nigeria?.

No one should be fooled to beleive this. This goes beyond logic, the same student that are looking for how to get back to classroom that has being shut for 3 months will now award Yara dua. its propaganda from insane government
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by Witi(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2009
Most of these guys parading themselves as student leaders are professional students, opportunists, thugs, these student leaders are of the same specie with our corrupt leaders. There are many of them in the government an example is Hon Dino Melaye a Student Union leader during his days in ABU, Zaria we all know his role in Patricia Etteh saga in the National Assembly as the Chairman of house committee on information. Don't let us take them serious they are hungry.
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by pcicero(m): 8:02pm On Oct 02, 2009
This post can't be true. Although there are several factions of NANS. One of the factions still has Daniel Onjei as its leader. Daniel was a FUT Minna student then when he led the NANS around 99/2000. Can the guy be an undergraduate for 15 years considering the fact that he must have been in 300 level at least to contest for NANS leadership?
Moreso, there is a contrary news, see below:

Independence: NANS declares vote of no confidence in Yar’Adua
Adunola Fasuyi, Lagos - 02.10.2009

ANGERED by the Federal Government’s independence to their plight, Nigerian students, on Thursday, in Lagos, demanded the resignation of President Umaru Yar’Adua.

At a rally to conincide with the 49th independence anniverasy of the country, the students, under the aegis of National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) and Education Rights Campaign (ERC), passed a vote of no confidence in his administration.

They accused him of ambivalence to the current strike by members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), which had kept the students at home for more than four months.

The students, who converged at the Labour House, the headquaters of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) in Yaba, said, “While it (October 1) should be an occasion to celebrate, it is rather unfortunate that it is another time for the Yar’Adua administration, which cannot point to any achievement since it came to power in 2007, to assure the traumatised Nigerian workers, students and youths of the so-called magical formula of its 7-pointless agenda.”

They said it was shameful, degrading, dishonourable and an insult on them for the president to travel to Saudi Arabia to commission an education institution when his own education sector, from the primary level, to the university level had completely collapsed due to the government’s insensitivity to the plight of teachers, lecturers and students.

“In fact, President Yar’Adua only went to humiliate himself because the whole world, including the country he went to, are all aware of the pitiable state of Nigeria’s education industry,” they noted
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by pcicero(m): 8:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
The news quoted was culled from The Tribune of 01/10/2009.
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by IYANGBALI: 8:18pm On Oct 02, 2009
if this your post na true then we are finished,the hungry olodos wey give the mumu president award don bury education for naija be dat cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by bawomolo(m): 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2009
what? that's strange
Re: Nans Awards President Yaradua. by blacksta(m): 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2009
it can only happen in Nigeria hence i believed it happened

Hunger and poverty na deadly thing o.

(1) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele Predicts Yar’adua Won’t Die / Exxonmobil Pioneers Use Of Made-in-nigeria Pipes / Do Not Vote For An Infidel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.