Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar (16239 Views)

Naira Exchanges At N49-N51 Per Yuan At First Auction Of Chinese Currency In Nig / Naira Closes Higher At N363 To A Dollar / Naira Exchanges At Record-low, N510 A Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Standing5(m): 2:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

you still don't get it, do you? yes exporters should be making more money but sadly enough its not favouring them, our trade deficit is still in the negative? are you actually reading what I have been writing.
cost of production is high. do you think people arent knowledgeable enough to see the opportunity. moreover oil and gas actor is responsible for about 80℅ of what we export, but vandakism has reduced what we should be getting from it. all thanks to the 97 and 5℅ speech.
if you still can't see that the policies of this govt isn't favourable. then something is wrong with yo. only the banks are recording huge increase revenue quarter on quareter bevause they have been exploiting us through the dubious forex deals. the rest sectors are struggling to survive.
Govt policies didn't crash oll prices and vandalism hasn't reduced export vol by 80% yet. Stop twisting and exergerating excuses. If at $100pb we couldn't invest ho
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by abbey621(m): 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
I've been steadily converting my dollars to Naira with the anticipation that we are heading back to below 250 Naira per dollar starting next year. Then again I could be wrong and it could rise al the way to 500 Naira per Dollar.....Crazy country!

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Revolva(m): 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
Naija ooo hunger de everywhere girls.R turning olosho guys na sportbetting now dem de take feed

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by anonimi: 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
Onegai:
Everyone screaming "Buy Nigerian", you don't understand. I used to say that as well. But I know better now.

It costs more to buy a Nigerian finished good compared to its foreign counterpart. Labour, infrastructure, lack of power, lack of tax incentives and technology, all these make Nigerian goods hard to compete with their foreign counterparts (whom have solved all those problems). Which means even though my salary has not increased and I'm buying Made-in-Naija, I'm spending the same or more to be patriotic. And worse, I'm being patriotic to a country whose own government is not serious about fixing those problems or even enabling its parastatals to do their jobs and make sure the Made-in-Nigeria goods are of a decent quality. I just found out proof of this is a hard way that would have cost me a trip to the doctors and we even saw Water Bottling companies breaking laws with impunity, even Cway has not bothered to dignify the public with a response to the fact a dead frog was found in its product. Then someone will tell me to sacrifice my family for the betterment of the Nigerian economy? When my own government runs abroad for Healthcare and Education, I am to stay here and be patriotic? When my government is rewarding its cronies with contracts to import fuel instead of slash their salaries and pour it into the power sector and Transportation sector and make it easy for any manufacturer to source for materials locally and abroad, am I to sit tight and wave the Nigerian flag and watch my children suffer?

Is this what I voted for?

Great post except that you, like many of us, do not realise that WE are the government.
The government is simply an aggregation of our values.
It is not just about voting a president or governor. I am sure that in those countries where they have all these better value products that we prefer, the vast majority of their citizens don't simply queue and vote. Not so

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by diva90: 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
"515 naira to a dollar by 1st half of 2017" shocked

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by sonssyo: 2:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
Lifestone:
Some will blame PMB for this but I won't.
So long our appetite for foreign goods consumption is high, Naira will continue to fall. I heard the story of a Nigerian family that buys their vegetables from stores in the UK.
Buhari must stand firm with steady hands and force a change of taste from Nigerians.This is our time to finally restructure how our FX are utilised.
We must eat Nigerian Rice, buy Nigeria made cars etc.

Now i know you have got zero IQ
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by sonssyo: 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
Standing5:
I was compelled to pity you and try and cure your ignorance. Buhari's policy has nothing to do with high dollar rates, short of dollar supply is the cause. The govt can't subsidize dollar if it doesn't earn enough of it. It is either "Nigeria" sit up and earn more dollar via export to keep susbidizing it for exporters or wait for the price of oil(our main export) to improve.

Your name self......keep standing.....oya now keep standing!!!
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Lifestone(m): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2016
sonssyo:

Now i know you have got zero IQ
You deserve no answer
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Chukzyfcb(m): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2016
Standing5:
Govt policies didn't crash oll prices and vandalism hasn't reduced export vol by 80% yet. Stop twisting and exergerating excuses. If at $100pb we couldn't invest ho
this comment proves me right that you are not actually reading the comments to understand them. you just take a glance $ then rush to comment. pls highlight where I said vandalism has reduced export by 80% or that pmb policies are responsible for crash in oil price. learn to cultivate a good reading habit bro. with this, I am done replying you. Udo!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Pchidexy(m): 3:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
Lifestone:
So long our appetite for foreign goods consumption is high, Naira will continue to fall. I heard the story of a Nigerian family that buys their vegetables from stores in the UK.
Buhari must stand firm with steady hands and force a change of taste from Nigerians.This is our time to finally restructure how our FX are utilised.

Rubbish write up! Yet Buhari can go to London for ordinary ear infection. Poor people don suffer for this country.
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Onegai(f): 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
Chukzyfcb:

you still don't get it, do you? yes exporters should be making more money but sadly enough its not favouring them, our trade deficit is still in the negative? exports volumes keep going down qoq. are you actually reading what I have been writing.
cost of production is high. do you think people arent knowledgeable enough to see the opportunity. moreover oil and gas actor is responsible for about 80℅ of what we export, but vandakism has reduced what we should be getting from it. all thanks to the 97 and 5℅ speech.
if you still can't see that the policies of this govt isn't favourable. then something is wrong with yo. only the banks are recording huge increase revenue quarter on quareter bevause they have been exploiting us through the dubious forex deals. the rest sectors are struggling to survive.

Guy, just stop arguing with that fellow. He only wants to see what he wants to see, whether it is realistic or not. Nigeria cannot cover her deficits with Agricultural produce because so many other countries have become juggernauts at this and have the infrastructure to drive down prices and still sell 3 times the volume Nigeria is planning on selling easily. Will the South Americas, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Malaysia or Pakistan sit back and allow Nigeria start taking their clients exporting cotton, Palm Oil, cocoa and sugar? Is that how business works? Do we have the infrastructure to make Nigerian Agricultural produce a more viable option than those guys? We can't even think of producing enough in the next 4 years to adequately feed West Africa that amazingly we will now think of exporting to the rest of the world. And there is no serious idea or push from this govt to fasttrack any good idea. They are playing politics with even fertiliser supply and some people are here defending it to the death

I can't even laugh. The sad thing is that those blindly defending the indefensible have no other hope than Nigeria, those who have options are jumping ship or criticizing constructively.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by sportman117: 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
this dollar sef no get chill. minding my own business on [url]NaijaBet.com[/url]
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by vislabraye(m): 3:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
Lifestone:

I don't think you understand economics. The Emir even exposed the naivety of this government in forex. If Buhari is nit responsible, then what is he responsible for ?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by anonimi: 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
vislabraye:
I don't think you understand economics. The Emir even exposed the naivety of this government in forex. If Buhari is nit responsible, then what is he responsible for ?

You sef. You should know na.
He is ONLY responsible for fighting corruption by arresting ordinary citizens who name dogs after him.
Abi what else has been doing since May 29, 2015

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2933230_yousee_jpeg5c5368177eaadfefe6b56dfaa198a093

2 Likes

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by anonimi: 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
Onegai:
They are playing politics with even fertiliser supply and some people are here defending it to the death

I hope that they have not reversed the corruption-stopping reform of the fertiliser supply chain by the previous government?
That will be very sad, if they did.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2098905_agriculturereform_jpega059f1921e04629987b0d142212d4df7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by deenee: 4:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nigeria.

A few things need to be recalibrated for this country to move forward. The first is we need to consciously reset out mind and believe that all is not gloom and doom. Also in the same vein, we need to know that for us to enjoy as a country there is need for national sacrifice. It is only in this country that I see people with a bloated sense of entitlement. Everybody feels that the government owes them one way or the other. We are also quick to discourage patronage of locally made goods to the advantage of the supposedly foreign ones (even when the foreign ones are the main source of some many health complications today). My GrandMa eats only local rice (the type that you spend 3 hours picking the stones from the rice) and yet she is 98 years and still going strong.

Also, how many of us know that the so called foreign rice that we all eat is in most cases almost expired rice. Our fellow Nigerian importers will go abroad and bring in almost expired rice that has been purchased at a huge discount and repack in bags for us in Nigeria. I have told myself that I will consciously look out for and patronage made in Nigeria good anytime I am going to buy groceries or provisions. I have also started patronizing a local shoemaker in my area to make local slip ons for Sunday service. The quality of his work is not really exciting but I constantly challenge to improve and I must say I am seeing gradual results. At least I am contributing my own little quota to help keep small business afloat instead of whining and blaming the govt.

We also need to be a self-sustaining nation. We have the advantage of population and a consuming population at that. Do we know that we have a rice import bill of approx. $1.8billion and yet we don't produce even up to 5% local rice? This huge foreign exchange (forex) would have been used on more impactful social development interventions if they were not needed for food imports.
We need to diversify the economy and move away from over reliance on oil as a main source of revenue. I am really happy that Dangote has the foresight and is really investing in critical sectors of the economy at this distressed time. This is the best time to invest in the Nigerian economy especially now that oil prices are low and assets prices are really discounted. Hopefully the refinery, power lines, fertilizer plant, tomato paste and rice mill he is investing in at the moment will start bearing fruit around 2017-2019. Interestingly a lot of our other Nigerian business men are still stuck on importation to make a quick gain
Nigerians also need to be patient. PMB is not the cause of our present predicament. The man met an empty treasury and huge debt on ground from the GEJ administration. Are we quick to forget the Obasanjo during his time as president paid off all our foreign debt? GEJ came and incurred more even oil sold at above 100 dollar per barrel during his administration until around mid-2014. Finally how do you explain how the GEJ govt met N15trillion cash in oil revenue from the YarAdua govt, made another N64trillion during his tenor and yet has NOTHING to show for all this huge oil windfall? I pray God will open our eyes of understanding and God bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by acada111(f): 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
Lifestone:

Na wa o......... YOU WELL?

1 Like

Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Lifestone(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
acada111:

Na wa o......... YOU WELL?
Why are you abusive? Can't I express my mind? Must I agree with you?
To me unintelligent people hind under the facade of insults
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Lifestone(m): 5:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
Pchidexy:

Rubbish write up! Yet Buhari can go to London for ordinary ear infection. Poor people don suffer for this country.
That's my argument, in a period like this when you can not influence supply of FX in the short run, you will need to manage demand and thats where restrictions comes in. I agree that he should lead by example.
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by gibzzhd: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Lifestone:
zombie naivety at its peak.you think improved seedling are home gown or materials for serious manufacturing are indigenous. go and plant local seed and watch them grow before you die
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Lifestone(m): 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
gibzzhd:

zombie naivety at its peak.you think improved seedling are home gown or materials for serious manufacturing are indigenous. go and plant local seed and watch them grow before you die
? Have you gone through my posts? I am not in your so won't join issue with you.
But for me I will live long to see the good of Nigeria.
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by miniziter(m): 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
No wonder MMM no gree first time bonus on so little money again
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Franky9584(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
which way 9ja?
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by piagetskinner(m): 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
By the time buhari leaves office he would have been the worst president to have ruled nigeria ...if he doesn't take drastic and swift measures
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Betapikin101: 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
signz:

No doubt PMB has over 80% of the blame.

No time to blame anymore. Someone has already predicted that dollar will rise to 610 in no distant future.

PIB must be passed as soon as possible so as to attract investors and pacify the oil communities.

NNPC JV and other assets sold and NNPC privatised, Saudis are about doing it to their state oil company so why shouldn't we do it.

Sometime last year CBN governor Emefiele advised that the FG should sell just 25% of our oil equity to make over 14 trillion naira for infrastructural development, we laughed at him (me inclusive) but see now the man knew what he was saying. Now i am advising the FG sell 75% ASAP and spend it on railways, roads, power,seaports, etc. FG must spend us out of recession. I heard this may also attract FPI's and FDI's back into Nigeria

For a longer lasting solution, We must restructure. FG must be willing to relinquish some powers to the states.

PMB must find a way to restructure Nigeria.

Again No time to waste time

Well said but the issue of relinquishing some power to the state that's what me am not In support. Most state cannot account for their igr the bailout that some of them were given majority of them mismanaged it for them to be given more power a proper structure should be on ground to checkmate their accountability
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by sonssyo: 9:33am On Aug 30, 2016
Lifestone:

You deserve no answer

tongue
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Excelboi(m): 2:09am On Sep 03, 2016
sonssyo:

tongue
Bro can you help with law school posting, to Abuja precisely?
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Freelancer007(m): 5:14am On Sep 03, 2016
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by sonssyo: 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
Excelboi:
Bro can you help with law school posting, to Abuja precisely?

where are you presently,am a lady dou...
u need to call me because i have some questions to ask you....datas,like school u attended ,online registration number etc
but i cant post my number here....
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Excelboi(m): 8:29am On Sep 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Naira Exchanges For 414 A Dollar by Excelboi(m): 8:48am On Sep 25, 2016
I pray Nigeria will be great someday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ways To Publicize Your Business For Free / Fed Govt: We Didn’t Squander External Reserve / If I Deposit ₦500,000 With A Nigerian Bank For A Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.