Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis (2894 Views)

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo And Daddy Freeze Exchange Words Over Tithing / Matthew 10:28 : Fear God Who Can Throw Us Into Hell? - Paul Ellis / How To Read Your Bible Without Getting Confused - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by Danielgabby(m): 6:37pm On Feb 05, 2017
jiggaz:
Didn't see any PM.

which church do u attend
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
Danielgabby:

which church do u attend
Winners Chapel... i have replied your PM , check your email now.
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by Danielgabby(m): 6:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
jiggaz:
ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by Danielgabby(m): 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2017
Danielgabby:

ok thanks
i ddnt see the mail o
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2017
Danielgabby:
i ddnt see the mail o
I have sent it.
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2017
Danielgabby:
ok thanks
u welcome.
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
evening....
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by analice107: 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
jiggaz:
Let The Redeemed of the Lord Say so...
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by analice107: 7:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
jiggaz:
A scripture that worries some Christians, but shouldn’t, is this one:

Not everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?” Then I will tell them plainly, “I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!” (Matt 7:21-23)

Jesus’ words worry some people because they seem to contradict what Paul writes in Romans:

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Rom 10:9)

Say “Jesus is Lord” and you’re saved, says Paul. But you might not be, says Jesus. Which is it?

You need to know that Paul is 100 percent correct. If you are persuaded that Jesus is the risen Lord, then you are his and he is yours and you are saved. Don’t let anyone move you from your secure position.

Yet Jesus is also 100 percent correct for there is no contradiction between him and Paul. Indeed, there is a nice symmetry, for Paul is describing sheep, while Jesus is talking about wolves. Let’s look at three things Jesus says:

1. On that day

“Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord…’” On what day? On that day of judgment when the nations are gathered before him and Jesus separates his sheep from the goats (and wolves).

Today (as in right now) there are only some who recognize Jesus as Lord, but on that day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess him as Lord. On that day it won’t take any faith to recognize Jesus as Lord because he will appear as he truly is.

2. I never knew you

Jesus is not speaking to Christians who have somehow missed the mark, because he says “I never knew you.” Not, “I knew you once but now I’m writing you off.” Nor does he say, “I wrote your name in my book but now I’m blotting it out .” Jesus is talking to people he never knew.

We may not be 100 percent faithful but Jesus is. If you are his you can rest assured that he will never let you go (John 10:28-29). God does not break his promises and unchild his children. If you have been born again you can’t be unborn. What God has joined together, no man can separate.

3. You evildoers

Jesus calls them evildoers which seems harsh for people who have gone around helping others. “Did we not prophesy, drive out demons, and perform many miracles in your name?” But things are not always what they seem. These guys are not as helpful as they make out.

First, they are self-righteous. “Jesus, here’s my resume. You gotta let me in because I am an accomplished individual. Look at all I’ve done!” Which is basically saying, “Jesus, you died for nothing. Keep your grace; I don’t need it. I stand on my own merits.” Pretty dumb.

Second, they are ravenous wolves. Read Jesus’ words in context and you will find this warning:

Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. (Matt 7:15, NASB)

The word for ravenous is translated elsewhere as
extortioners . That’s what these evildoers are. They are religious gangsters who make their living by frightening those whom God loves and threatening the sheep. “God is mad at you. His sword is hanging over this city. Judgment’s coming. You are standing on the precipice. Beware astronomical omens. Stay away from grace – it’ll send you to hell.”

These terrorists use threats of punishment to extract money and service from the sheep. “Sow into my ministry and save yourself from the flames.” I am not talking about the misguided preacher who loves the Lord, but the self-righteous man who lives off stolen property and “makes himself wealthy by extortion” (see Hab 2:4-7). These fearmongers may serve in the name of Lord, but they are servants of fear and darkness.

The third thing to note is they are liars. They claim to be doing good but a “bad tree cannot bear good fruit” (Matt 7:18). They’re putting on a big show, they’ve got their perfect smiles on the posters, but it’s all smoke and mirrors. They may look good on stage, but in private they are different people. They are bad trees with bad fruit.

Put it altogether and you have some very dangerous sheep-rustlers insulting the Son of God to his face, bragging about how awesome they are, and Jesus says, “Not in my house. Away with you evildoers!” This ought to make us happy. We may occasionally be fooled by charlatans, but Jesus is never fooled. We may let them into our houses, but he won’t let them into his, which is good, because they’d ruin the party for everyone.

What is the will of my Father?

Jesus says only those who do the will of the Father enter the kingdom of heaven. What is his will? Jesus answers with a word picture in the verses following. It’s building on the rock. It’s hearing the words of Jesus and putting them into practice. It’s banking on Jesus. It’s believing in Jesus (John 6:29). In short, the will of God is to trust in Jesus.

And this brings us back to Paul who said “If you declare, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart…”

This isn’t rocket surgery and you don’t need a seminary degree to make sense of it. Ravenous wolves who eat sheep will eventually have to deal with the Good Shepherd. But bet your life on Jesus and he will never let you down!

https://escapetoreality.org/2015/10/07/religious-gangsters-matthew-7v21-23/
Very revealing. Thank you brother.
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
analice107:
Very revealing. Thank you brother.
You welcome dear.
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
analice107:
Let The Redeemed of the Lord Say so...
My case is different..... cheesy
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by analice107: 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
jiggaz:
My case is different..... cheesy
Yes it is indeed.

1 Like

Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:33am On Mar 31, 2017
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:49pm On May 28, 2017
nnn
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by bennyann: 5:59pm On May 28, 2017
The title is so captivating. At least I got to know the religious gangsters are the wolves in sheep's clothing.

I learnt a lot from point 3.

First, they are self-righteous. “Jesus, here’s my resume. You gotta let me in because I am an accomplished individual. Look at all I’ve done!” Which is basically saying, “Jesus, you died for nothing. Keep your grace; I don’t need it. I stand on my own merits.” Pretty dumb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:17pm On May 28, 2017
bennyann:
The title is so captivating. At least I got to know the religious gangsters are the wolves in sheep's clothing.

I learnt a lot from point 3.

You welcome dear.
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
nmnmbn
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2017
kkkkkk
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:21pm On Sep 14, 2017
Evening
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by Ericsdm55(m): 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2017
jiggaz:
A scripture that worries some Christians, but shouldn’t, is this one:

Not everyone who says to me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?” Then I will tell them plainly, “I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!” (Matt 7:21-23)

Jesus’ words worry some people because they seem to contradict what Paul writes in Romans:

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. (Rom 10:9)

Say “Jesus is Lord” and you’re saved, says Paul. But you might not be, says Jesus. Which is it?

You need to know that Paul is 100 percent correct. If you are persuaded that Jesus is the risen Lord, then you are his and he is yours and you are saved. Don’t let anyone move you from your secure position.

Yet Jesus is also 100 percent correct for there is no contradiction between him and Paul. Indeed, there is a nice symmetry, for Paul is describing sheep, while Jesus is talking about wolves. Let’s look at three things Jesus says:

1. On that day

“Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord…’” On what day? On that day of judgment when the nations are gathered before him and Jesus separates his sheep from the goats (and wolves).

Today (as in right now) there are only some who recognize Jesus as Lord, but on that day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess him as Lord. On that day it won’t take any faith to recognize Jesus as Lord because he will appear as he truly is.

2. I never knew you

Jesus is not speaking to Christians who have somehow missed the mark, because he says “I never knew you.” Not, “I knew you once but now I’m writing you off.” Nor does he say, “I wrote your name in my book but now I’m blotting it out .” Jesus is talking to people he never knew.

We may not be 100 percent faithful but Jesus is. If you are his you can rest assured that he will never let you go (John 10:28-29). God does not break his promises and unchild his children. If you have been born again you can’t be unborn. What God has joined together, no man can separate.

3. You evildoers

Jesus calls them evildoers which seems harsh for people who have gone around helping others. “Did we not prophesy, drive out demons, and perform many miracles in your name?” But things are not always what they seem. These guys are not as helpful as they make out.

Second, they are ravenous wolves. Read Jesus’ words in context and you will find this warning:

Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. (Matt 7:15, NASB)

The word for ravenous is translated elsewhere as
extortioners . That’s what these evildoers are. They are religious gangsters who make their living by frightening those whom God loves and threatening the sheep. “God is mad at you. His sword is hanging over this city. Judgment’s coming. You are standing on the precipice. Beware astronomical omens. Stay away from grace – it’ll send you to hell.”

These terrorists use threats of punishment to extract money and service from the sheep. “Sow into my ministry and save yourself from the flames.” I am not talking about the misguided preacher who loves the Lord, but the self-righteous man who lives off stolen property and “makes himself wealthy by extortion” (see Hab 2:4-7). These fearmongers may serve in the name of Lord, but they are servants of fear and darkness.

The third thing to note is they are liars. They claim to be doing good but a “bad tree cannot bear good fruit” (Matt 7:18). They’re putting on a big show, they’ve got their perfect smiles on the posters, but it’s all smoke and mirrors. They may look good on stage, but in private they are different people. They are bad trees with bad fruit.

Put it altogether and you have some very dangerous sheep-rustlers insulting the Son of God to his face, bragging about how awesome they are, and Jesus says, “Not in my house. Away with you evildoers!” This ought to make us happy. We may occasionally be fooled by charlatans, but Jesus is never fooled. We may let them into our houses, but he won’t let them into his, which is good, because they’d ruin the party for everyone.

What is the will of my Father?

Jesus says only those who do the will of the Father enter the kingdom of heaven. What is his will? Jesus answers with a word picture in the verses following. It’s building on the rock. It’s hearing the words of Jesus and putting them into practice. It’s banking on Jesus. It’s believing in Jesus (John 6:29). In short, the will of God is to trust in Jesus.

And this brings us back to Paul who said “If you declare, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart…”

This isn’t rocket surgery and you don’t need a seminary degree to make sense of it. Ravenous wolves who eat sheep will eventually have to deal with the Good Shepherd. But bet your life on Jesus and he will never let you down!

https://escapetoreality.org/2015/10/07/religious-gangsters-matthew-7v21-23/
thanks a lot,.
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ericsdm55:
thanks a lot,.
You welcome bro.
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2017
jiggaz:
evening....
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:42am On Jan 01, 2018
Morning
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:23am On Mar 25, 2018
Haaa
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:21pm On Mar 25, 2018
Cool
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2018
Ok
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:59pm On May 23, 2018
Haaaaaaa
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
Gooooood
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2018
Because of Jesus' Finished Work on the Cross.. A believer shall never be condemned...
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2018
Grace is a person... And it is our Lord Jesus Christ
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:26am On Jul 08, 2018
Lord Jesus
Re: Religious Gangsters ( Matthew 7:21-23) - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
Jesus Christ

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky / Pope Francis Sends Letter To The Bishops Of Nigeria / Unveiling The Faith Theatre Project 100,000 Seat Stadium-like Sanctuary [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.