Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. (1574 Views)

4 Tips To Stop Hackers From Stealing Your Data And Your Business / African Technology Prevents Workers From Going To Work / Reward Your Workers And Customers With Gift Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by BobUg28(m): 8:54am On Aug 29, 2016
I'm running a chain of uncomputarise grocery stores where the management of the shop is committed in the hands of the stewards. I seldom stay in some of the shops because of my engagements with other businesses, so I hardly stay one place.

My major challenge is on how to monitor and stop my workers from stealing from me cos I recently caught two of my boys who saved my money on two different occasions respectively. I don't want to send them parking and at the same time I don't want this to continue.

How do I handle this please?
Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by tellwisdom: 8:57am On Aug 29, 2016
Take them to Okija to swear an oath sad
Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by PMPhoenix(m): 9:07am On Aug 29, 2016
Employ me.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by thesicilian: 9:47am On Aug 29, 2016
If you can't afford to go digital (to computerize your business) now, the next best thing to do is to ensure you get employees you can trust. Don't pity for somebody who is stealing from you, in business you have to be sometimes very strict. Think of the business first. ( What has fairness got to do with business?
Also put s system in place whereby your employees will end up counter checking one another. For example, the one who sells fruits to any particular customer should be different from the one who collects the cash & issues receipts. Each person should keep her own records. When you come around, even if its once a week (though it should be more frequent than that), go through all the inventory, sales, and cash records, crosschecking them with the duplicate receipts. Any entry you see that doesn't seem right call them to explain, no matter how small the money may be.
Do not ignore anything. When they see how meticulous you are they themselves will be more careful.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by luuwem(f): 10:09am On Aug 29, 2016
CCTV..

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
luuwem:
CCTV..
And also get a cash register. Even small shop owners can afford it.
Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by BobUg28(m): 12:07am On Aug 30, 2016
Ok, Thank you. This really helped. I will see to what you just said.

thesicilian:
If you can't afford to go digital (to computerize your business) now, the next best thing to do is to ensure you get employees you can trust. Don't pity for somebody who is stealing from you, in business you have to be sometimes very strict. Think of the business first. ( What has fairness got to do with business?
Also put s system in place whereby your employees will end up counter checking one another. For example, the one who sells fruits to any particular customer should be different from the one who collects the cash & issues receipts. Each person should keep her own records. When you come around, even if its once a week (though it should be more frequent than that), go through all the inventory, sales, and cash records, crosschecking them with the duplicate receipts. Any entry you see that doesn't seem right call them to explain, no matter how small the money may be.
Do not ignore anything. When they see how meticulous you are they themselves will be more careful.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by BobUg28(m): 12:10am On Aug 30, 2016
YBNR:

And also get a cash register.
Even small shop owners can afford it.

It's a retail-base grocery stores. We sell most of our commodities in bits. So it's very hard to recall all what you have sold to some customers. And again, we usually have a massive influx of people.
Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by jamesy212(m): 12:12am On Aug 30, 2016
Sack them

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by jamesy212(m): 12:13am On Aug 30, 2016
Sack them and employ a member of deeper life...that my advice.
Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by donromanus: 4:47am On Aug 30, 2016
Well u dont need to play with ur business.kindly sack anybody who doesnt want ur progress.but u dont need to employ anybody u see.for me,i do try ppl in different ways before employing them.my dear,all my workers are like born again christians because they dont take my dime.pls dont retain criminals in ur shop or else they liquidate ur business.
Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by fulfilled2016: 6:04am On Aug 30, 2016
donromanus:
Well u dont need to play with ur business.kindly sack anybody who doesnt want ur progress.but u dont need to employ anybody u see.for me,i do try ppl in different ways before employing them.my dear,all my workers are like born again christians because they dont take my dime.pls dont retain criminals in ur shop or else they liquidate ur business.
Pls may I ask how you are able to recruit your honest workers be it born again Christians or others

1 Like

Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 30, 2016
BobUg28:

It's a retail-base grocery stores. We sell most of our commodities in bits. So it's very hard to recall all what you have sold to some customers. And again, we usually have a massive influx of people.

Doesn't matter..A cash register would still work.

Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by Pidggin(f): 6:47am On Aug 30, 2016
Employ more females
Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by Pavore9: 7:17am On Aug 30, 2016
BobUg28:

Get a cash register and CCTV then you will feel a huge change in your operation. I do shop for Plantain, Okro and Scotch bonnet (Ata rodo) in an Indian owned store in Nairobi though the size of store is about 20ft by 20ft, it has CCTV installed and payment is made at the cash register as the Indian woman or her daughters are always behind it.
Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by lanre2009: 10:24am On Aug 30, 2016
Yeaн υ can ιnѕтall a coмpυтerιzed Poιnт Oғ Sale ѕoғтware ғor a ғrυιт and veggιeѕ ѕнop. I ιnѕтalled ѕυcн ѕoғтware ғor a ғrυιт and veggιeѕ ѕнop ιn Lagoѕ ѕoмe мonтнѕ вacĸ and ιтѕ worĸιng well. Yoυ мay alѕo need тo add CCTV ѕyѕтeм. God вleѕѕ тнe worĸ oғ yoυr нandѕ.

BobUg28:

Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by BobUg28(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2016
lanre2009:
Yeaн υ can ιnѕтall a coмpυтerιzed Poιnт Oғ Sale ѕoғтware ғor a ғrυιт and veggιeѕ ѕнop. I ιnѕтalled ѕυcн ѕoғтware ғor a ғrυιт and veggιeѕ ѕнop ιn Lagoѕ ѕoмe мonтнѕ вacĸ and ιтѕ worĸιng well. Yoυ мay alѕo need тo add CCTV ѕyѕтeм. God вleѕѕ тнe worĸ oғ yoυr нandѕ.

CCTV and Installation of COMPUTERIZED POINT OF SALE software.

Noted. I have added that to my Next-to-do list. Thank you so much.
Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by BobUg28(m): 11:02am On Aug 30, 2016
Pavore9:

Get a cash register and CCTV then you will feel a huge change in your operation. I do shop for Plantain, Okro and Scotch bonnet (Ata rodo) in an Indian owned store in Nairobi though the size of store is about 20ft by 20ft, it has CCTV installed and payment is made at the cash register as the Indian woman or her daughters are always behind it.

We have a very limited space,,,its 14x15ft, the usual Nigerian market stall size. Nonetheless, I will work on that. Thank you.
Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by donromanus: 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
my dear, is like marryiny a new wife.carefulness is indispensable here.when u look at the persons face,focus directly on his or her eyes.if her eyes turns round,just suspect dat she might still.go on to ask her questions base on the nature of ur business.tell her the tins dat u hate,most especially stealing.she is the one dat needs job and u have every right to be sincere to her.tell her to bring someone who will stand as a witness incase she misbehaves.i will tell u more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by BobUg28(m): 12:47am On Sep 04, 2016
donromanus:
my dear, is like marryiny a new wife.carefulness is indispensable here.when u look at the persons face,focus directly on his or her eyes.if her eyes turns round,just suspect dat she might still.go on to ask her questions base on the nature of ur business.tell her the tins dat u hate,most especially stealing.she is the one dat needs job and u have every right to be sincere to her.tell her to bring someone who will stand as a witness incase she misbehaves.i will tell u more.

Okay, thank you.
Re: How Do You Stop Your Workers From Stealing your money. by Bestslimever(m): 5:02am On Sep 05, 2016
Do you to get paid every FRIDAY?

If your answer is YES.

http://cashforshare.com/?ref=16535

Thank me after getting PAID

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed By 9jaloan And Ayobamog(also Known As Ayo Adeoti-nairalander) / Pumpkin And Plantain Farming In 1 And A 1/2 Years / Order your fresh and exotic vegetables and fruits here. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.