Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,343 members, 7,808,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? (24781 Views)

Poll: Who is better between Drogba and Torres?

Drogba: 53% (57 votes)
Torres: 46% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea To Sell Torres For £15 Million ? / Drogba Vs Rooney: Who Is Better? / Drogba Vs Rooney: Whose Absence Will Have More Influence On The Team? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by colly(m): 10:30am On Oct 02, 2009
Between these two dangerous strikers, who do you think is better than the other?
Didier 'The drog' Drogba is a very powerful striker who's got massive strength, pace with an oustanding ability to bring down and hold the ball and if he gets a shooting opportunity, dont just be surprise if he rips the net with his powerful shot. He's a player who sometimes needs more than one defender to calm his threat and did i forget to mention that he can score a goal from the tightest of all angles.
Fernando 'El Nino' Torres on the other hand is a player abundantly rich in technique with very skillful feet. He's also got an incredible pace that can make you think like a greek philosopher and also, his ability to charge from behind and score a goal out of nothing also makes him dreadful and scary. His aerial ability also, must never be overlooked.
So if you're given an opportunity to pick only one of these strikers to complete your dream team. Who would it be, Didier Drogba or Fernando Torres?
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by khanye(m): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2009
Torres shits on him anyday
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by tayoccu(m): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2009
no contest,
Torres is WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than drobga.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by sojiboy(m): 11:47am On Oct 02, 2009
Drogba is far far far far better than Torest cos the of strong skin and mind of that an African man is really really there.
Drogba is Strong and Gidigba
Tores easily tired dat i why you can caqll him Torest
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by jalether(m): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2009
Torres without a doubt is not only better than drogba but also better than every striker in Europe as we speak
and thats coming from a chelsea fan
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by tayoccu(m): 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2009
sojiboy:

Drogba is far far far far better than Torest cos the of strong skin and mind of that an African man is really really there.
Drogba is Strong and Gidigba
Tores easily tired dat i why you can caqll him Torest

power is nothing without control my friend.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dayokanu(m): 1:23pm On Oct 02, 2009
Best striker in the world? Torres is not even the best striker in Spain. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Drogba anyday of the week.

To think of it that I had this argument at the pub on Wednesday
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by HarryPotter1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2009
Didier Drogba A.K.A Dr Ogba is the best anytyme anyday. although he fumbles some tymes but his ways of scoring unimaginable goals are far more beta than dat of Torres.and Torres get tired easily wen it comes 2 physical strength.although he has his own skills which i admire a lot but it cant be compared 2 dat of Drogba.Up Chelsea! We rule Europe.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Krayola(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2009
I think Torres is better. But Drogba ain't nuthin to fukc with. He's a bad buy!!
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Olaolufred(m): 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
Torres is better.
Drogba is good.
But Torres is better.
I dope my cap for king Torres.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
Drogba is a more complete striker.
Torres is a better finisher.

As a coach, i'd prefer Drog on my team.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by chic2pimp(m): 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2009
jalether:

Torres without a doubt is not only better than drogba but also better than every striker in Europe as we speak
and thats coming from a chelsea fan
Nah mate. Villa is way better.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by mamagee6(f): 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2009
Didier Drogba, of course[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]. undecided
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by mykali(m): 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2009
Torres is a man for small games.
i'm yet to see him devastate a Man Utd or Chelsea defence in a crucial tie

Drogba can be counted on in the big stage
against Arsenal numerous times, against Liverpool towards Moscow
Drogba is sure to deliver

IF i wanted a striker to give me a comfortable goal's difference in the league . . .Torres
if i wanted a striker to win me a big match . . .Drogba
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by mystikal(m): 7:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
they are both great players.
I prefer El Nino tho, but only marginally
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by jalether(m): 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2009
chic2pimp:

Nah mate. Villa is way better.

Just 4 months ago Villa use to be my fav striker but you just gotta give it 2 el nino cool, he has been fantastic
I'm surprised you didn't mention aquilani or Trezeguet grin
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by ritchboy(m): 8:19pm On Oct 02, 2009
@dayokanu
torres' aerial ability makes him better than villa.
as 4 drogba, comparing d two players can only be seen as a symptom of madness grin

and d guy who said torres is a small game player, i cant even count how many goals he's scored against chelsea, arsenal, man utd, inter, madrid etc. in a relatively short period.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by khanye(m): 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2009
mykali:

Torres is a man for small games.
i'm yet to see him devastate a Man Utd or Chelsea defence in a crucial tie

Drogba can be counted on in the big stage
against Arsenal numerous times, against Liverpool towards Moscow
Drogba is sure to deliver

IF i wanted a striker to give me a comfortable goal's difference in the league . . .Torres
if i wanted a striker to win me a big match . . .Drogba

Like he did against Barcelona last season
The guy is shit!
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by rasputinn(m): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
How can you have best among two people
It's "who's better"
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by chic2pimp(m): 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2009
ritchboy:

@dayokanu
torres' aerial ability makes him better than villa.

Villa's touch and silky skills makes him the better player.  Villa also scores more goals.

jalether:

Just 4 months ago Villa use to be my fav striker but you just gotta give it 2 el nino cool, he has been fantastic
I'm surprised you didn't mention aquilani or Trezeguet grin

I'll pick Villa over Torres everyday of the week. English football fans would say Torres while their spanish counterparts would say Villa.

Trezequet is a poacher. He should be compared to the likes of Owen and Horseface not Torres.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by khanye(m): 8:56pm On Oct 02, 2009
2007-08 Torres 46App. 33 goals
      Drogba 32 App. 15 goals

Drogba has only scored more than 30goals once in 6 seasons with Chelsea, it took
Torres just a season to acheive that.
Drogba scored 14goals in 42App. Last season.
Torres scored 17goals in 38App.

Spot the difference!
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by MrTA(m): 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2009
I'd go with Drogba.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Phony200(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2009
Torres on present form.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dayokanu(m): 1:42am On Oct 03, 2009
Torres is a national team failure. In spain he is woeful. Villa, Guiza even Lloriente are better. This was a Torres who averaged less than 15 goalS per season at Athletico now sees Hull City and gets erections
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by chic2pimp(m): 1:49am On Oct 03, 2009
dayokanu:

Torres is a national team failure. In spain he is woeful. Villa, Guiza even Lloriente are better. This was a Torres who averaged less than 15 goalS per season at Athletico now sees Hull City and gets erections
Villa is certainly better than torres but Guiza & Llorente? undecided undecided. BTW, is it bilbao's or villareal's Llorente.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dayokanu(m): 2:22am On Oct 03, 2009
Fernando Lloriente has a better goal ratio not to mention Guiza
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by chic2pimp(m): 2:45am On Oct 03, 2009
^^^^ I don't think so.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by yousouph(m): 3:58am On Oct 03, 2009
Torres is better. The spanish coach arent blind. Y must they rely on a national failure to Guiza and co.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by lailai2(m): 3:59am On Oct 03, 2009
even though i hate him soo much and like torres to an extent, i still give it to that animal, drogba. . . .its had to see a match where he was held down
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by sammytb(m): 6:01am On Oct 03, 2009
Drogba is good but torres is better
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by snapshot: 6:04am On Oct 03, 2009
no think am!Torres is good Drogba is better,unlike Torres, u can't write off Drogba in any match even if he is to play the game with just one leg.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by tubabie(f): 6:15am On Oct 03, 2009
I will pick Torres over Drogba even though the factor supporting the choice may be marginal.
That doesn't take away anything from Drogba too, He is baadd!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Maccabi Tel Aviv: UCL (4 - 0) On 16th September 2015 / Southampton Vs Manchester City - ( 1 - 0) - Live / Northampton Town Vs Manchester United :League Cup (1 - 3) On 21st Sept 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.