Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,858 members, 7,798,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. (79630 Views)

Governing Body Of Jehovah's Witnesses Warns Against Ponzi Schemes / 2016 "Remain Loyal To Jehovah" Regional Convention Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by italianjob(m): 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
Alexandro15:
Op thank you for this opportunity.

1. Please I wish to know why the JW refer to the angel Michael as Jesus.

2. Why do you say that there is no hell fire,i.e, after one dies he either goes to heaven or cease existing.

I can also trow more light to ur questions,but pls answer dis first.do u believe in d resurrection?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by flokii: 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2016
I'll just pass..

These ones that twist almost everything, diff. doctrine entirely, diff. bible
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by mountain2019: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
I love d persevearance of witnesses. But, u shld stop the segregation of a thing. If u allienate urself from pple bcs u think they've derailed, are u not making his case worse intentionally and against Bible principle?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 14, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Are you saying there are two types of Wisdom? If yes, prove it from the Bible.

Also, Prov. 8:30 says "Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;"

If the text is talking about Christ, it is clear that He was like one brought up with GOD: if GOD was brought up, then He was brought up with GOD.

How then could Christ be created?

My first mention of wisdom is inanimate or abstract, while the second is emphasing that the way wisdom was used in that proverbs 8 shows that the writer has a person in mind.

Prov 8:22 says "the wisdom is created". It will then be wrong to say, the wisdom was brought up with God cos God was not created.

Secondly, the phrase "with him" as written in KJV was inserted. It was not part of the original. Other translations shows that it was ONLY wisdom that was brought up.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
Logicbwoy:

What biblical reasons? A mistranslated verse used to deceitfully condemn transferring blood?
Only the blood of Jesus saves life.
Surgeon General agreed that blood is Poison. (Receive at your own risk)
The Bible clearly directed through God's holy spirit stated that, Christians should abstain from blood. Acts 15 vss 29
. For example if your physician strongly adviced that you should abstain from alcohol, and you call a nurse to transfuse a tot of brandy through your vein will you admit that you're respecting the order or authority of your physician?
It is still a strong medical code, that a patient has right to refuse or reject any medical treatment he or she considered questionable and faulted with risk.
I am proud of Jehovah witnesses who pioneered bloodless surgery, accepted in all advanced countries medical facilities
Any surgeon who demands blood is medically antiquity
It is medically proven that simple blood expanders like what is known as drip, or EPO is all that is needed to increase blood volume, same as non matured coconut water.
It Not only Jehovah's witnesses that are refusing blood transfusion.
Human Blood is Poison.
It's on record that what impacted negatively to Pope John Paul (ie 1 or 11) who was shot by Mehmet Agca was as a result of blood he received, the complications slowly retarded his health, which lead to his death.
There several scientists, world renowned physicians who are Jehovah's witnesses, many Nigerian non Jehovah witnesses doctors had received quality training on bloodless surgery in their Nigeria branch office in Igieduma Edo state

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by mryemite(m): 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
1.why do you take alcohol? your bible reference.
2. why don't you pray when you preach to people. don't you believe in prayers?
3. why do you only preach about Heaven and not others like deliverance . prosperity. success and others?

am not criticising, just wanna know your view.
Thanks.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05,

"For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually." Heb. 7:1-3

The Bible says Melchizedek has no origin nor end of days, just like Jesus Christ.

How then could Jesus Christ have been created?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2016
Sarassin:
Personally I think JW's are to be commended. Of all the Christian denominations they alone it seems aspire to the life of Christ in their private and daily lives. The rest it seems are empty chest beaters and noise maker's more concerned with style over substance. I still believe some of your doctrines are somewhat misguided however.

So my question sir, Is it still JW doctrine that you do not worship with the symbol of the cross? Do you still maintain that Jesus was impaled on a stave (stavros in the Greek rendering of your reasonings book) as opposed to being crucified?
aspire fire...my close friends are their members...all they know is Bleep women amd drink beer...so next? forget their wolf in sheep clothing on sun
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by manando1(m): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2016
Logicbwoy:
1) Why do you prefer to allow people to die rather than give blood transplant? I know its an obscure bible verse you guys use to defend it but is it worth it?

2) Why do you ostracize ex-members and non-members? People leave anglican, catholic and pentecostal churches and still remain friends with their friends or family they left in their ex-churches.

3) Do you realise that you behave like a cult as a result of question 2 above? That people hate you?

4) Why do you people act as if you are the only true church of christ? Your church is neither the oldest or largest in the world. Your church is far from the most transparent or most charitable.

5) Why are your members soo robotic and wicked? They don't do birthdays, christmas, new year and they become so robotic. Is your indoctrination that bad?

I will like to add number (6 ) WHy your church preach what JW has done instead of Preaching Lord Jesus Christ your church proclaim self good deeds instead of God's good deed through Lord Jesus Christ why ?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Mpanyi: 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
BIBLESPEAKS:

I will answer your questions, however you will please answer mine too thereafter.

Wherever I answer "God" have in mind I'm referring to YHWH/Jehovah. I didn't give further explanations to my answers because in my later questions, you would find scriptures that assert my point. I await your answers.

Who is the Lord of lords and King of kings?

Ans= God

Who has all authority both in heaven and on earth?

Ans= Jesus, but with exception to God's throne.

Who sustains the world with his word?

Ans= God

Who has the key of death and hell?

Ans= Jesus, because it was granted him by his father.

Who is the way, the truth, and the life ?

Ans= Jesus, he is the medium for salvation.

Who made the heaven and earth by his own hands?

Ans= God

Who are we to believe in to have everlasting life?

Ans= the only true God and his son Jesus.

Who is going to appear and Judge the world?

Ans= Jesus, the role was given him by his father.

Who will all nations eventually serve?

Ans= God

Whose name are we to call for everlasting life?

Ans= God

Whose name are we to pray through?

Ans= Jesus. We pray through Jesus, to God his father.

Whose name are we baptise into?

Ans= father, son and Holy Spirit.

Who is the beginning and the end?

Ans= God

If Jesus is Almighty God...

1. Then why is "God head of Christ just as Christ is head of man"? (1 Cor. 11:3)

2. Then why does Scripture consistently phrase Jesus as a separate person from God? (John 20:17; John 14:1; Mark 10:18; John 17:1-3; etc. Also in heaven, 1 Cor. 11:3; Luke 22:69; etc.)

3. Then how can Jesus have a God? Could Almighty God have a God? (Mic. 5:4; Ps. 45:6, 7; 89:26; John 20:17; Rom. 15:6; 2 Cor. 1:3; Eph 1:3; Col 1:3; Mark 15:34; John 17:1-3; Also in heaven, Rev. 1:6; 3:2, 12)

4. Then why does Scripture say he was born and is part of Creation? (Col. 1:15)

5. Then why does Rev. 3:14 say that Jesus is "the beginning of the creation of God"?

6. Then why is he subject to GOD, like we're subject to him? (1 Cor. 15:27, 28; Eph. 1:17)

7. Then why does Micah 5:2 say that Jesus' ORIGIN was “from early times”?

8. Then why does Jesus not know what God knows? (Matt. 24:36, Rev.1:1; Luke 8:45)

9. Then why is Jesus still subject to God when he is as high as he will ever be? (1 Cor. 15:27, 28)

10. Then why does Proverbs 8:22-31 show that the Messiah was CREATED / PRODUCED by God?

11. Then why is he not powerful enough to subject things to himself? (1 Cor. 15:27, Eph. 1:17, 22)

12. Then why would he have to be given any power and authority? (Mt. 28:18; 11:27; Jn. 5:22; 17:2; 3:35; 2 Pet. 1:17)

13. Then why did he have to learn anything? (Heb. 5:8; John 5:19; 8:28)

14. Then why is speaking against him not as bad as speaking against the Holy Spirit? (Mt. 12:31,32; Luke 12:10)

15. Then why did Jesus call the "Father...the only true God"? (John 17:3)

16. Then why did he need to be saved? (Heb. 5:7; John 12:27)

17. Then why did he have to be exalted to Leader and Savior? (Acts 5:31)

18. Then how could he be exalted and given a higher name than he had? (Phil. 2:9-11; Heb. 1:2-4)

19. Then why did he have to be given life in himself? (John 5:25,26)

20. Then how can the Father be greater than he? (John 14:28)

21. Then how could Jesus be tempted by Satan when God cannot be tempted with evil? (James 1:13)

22. Then why did he worship the Father? (John 4:22)

23. Then why can he not do anything on his own? (John 5:19; 6:38)

24. Then why would he pray to anybody? (Luke 22:44; John 17:1,2; Heb. 5:7)

25. Then why do John 1:18 and 1 John 4:9 say that Jesus is God's "only BEGOTTEN Son"? ASV

26. Then how can he be God's servant? (Acts 4:26,27,30)

27. Then how could he receive strength from an angel? (Luke 22:43)

28. Then how could he be a mediator between God and man? (1 Tim. 2:5)

29. Then how could he be with God (ton theon)? (John 1:1)

30. Then how can he be God's image? (Col. 1:15; Heb. 1:3)

31. Then why is he called the agency (dia) of creation and not the Originator (ek)? (1 Cor. 8:6; John 1:1-3; Prov. 8:30; Heb. 2:10; Col. 1:15,16)

32. Then why did Jesus say GOD was "good" in a way that Jesus was not? (Mark 10:18)

33. Then why does he have an archangel's voice instead of God's voice? (1 Thess. 4:16)

34. Then why is the only "worship" given to him the same given to humans? (Heb. 1:6, cf. Mt. 18:26; Rev. 3:9 - "Proskuneo"wink

35. Then why do many who believe this rely on a few selected, so-called 'proof-texts' instead of the context of the consistent teaching of the entire Bible?

36. Then how could he be commanded to do anything? (John 12:49; Deut. 18:18)

37. Then why did Steven see two separate entities, GOD and Jesus, and not just one God or three persons? (Acts 7:55)

38. Then how could he be seen at GOD's right hand? (Luke 22:69; Acts 7:55; Rom. 8:34)

39. Then how could Jesus be exalted (not to become God Himself, but) to the position of the "right hand OF God"? (Acts 2:33)

40. Then why would he have to receive a revelation from God? (Rev.1:1)

41. Then why is he called God's "begotten" Son before he came to earth? (John 3:16; Gal. 4:4; 1 John 4:9)

42. Then how could he have a Father? (John 20:17)

43. Then how could he come in flesh? (1 Kings 8:27; Acts 17:24,25)

44. Then why did he not come in his own name? (John 5:41-44)

45. Then why did Jesus "come down from heaven to do" God's will and not his own will? (Luke 22:42; John 6:38; John 5:30; John 8:42)

46. Then how could he appear before GOD? (Heb. 9:24)

47. Then how could he die? Can God die? Can part of God die? (Rom. 5:10; Acts 5:30; 1 Cor. 15:3; Hab.1:12; cf. 1 Tim. 6:16; Num. 23:19; Ps. 90:2; Dan. 6:25-26)

48. Then why is it that God resurrected Jesus? (Acts 2:32)

49. Then why can we see him if "no man has seen God at any time"? (John 1:18)

50. Then why is there not one clear Scripture where Jesus is called "God the Son," (equal to those declaring "God, the Father)?

51. How is it that the Jews rounded up some false witnesses to make up lies to obtain a death sentence for Jesus, but neither the Jewish officials nor even one of these false witnesses made a claim that he was God or equally God? (Matt. 26:59-67)

52. John summed up his whole Gospel by saying that it was written that we may believe "that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God." Why is there is no mention in that summary of the entire Gospel of what would be the most important thing of all - that Jesus is God? (John 20:31)

53. How could Jesus teach in the Jewish synagogues and the temple? This would never happen if any of the authorities believed he claimed to be God (or that his followers believed such a thing). - Matt. 26:55; John 7:14, 28. Matt. 4:23.

54. How could Jesus' followers teach in Jewish synagogues after Jesus' death and for the remainder of that first century (at least)? Again, this would not have been allowed if there were any suspicion that they believed Jesus to be God. Acts 9:20; 13:5, Acts 13:13-15.

If the Holy Spirit is Almighty God...

1. Then why do quotes from Trinitarians admit that the Holy Spirit is not God but rather is a force from God?

2. Then why would Jews instructed in the Old Testament scriptures and in the teachings of John the Baptist, NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS? (Acts 19:2)

3. Then why isn't the Holy Spirit given equal description in the Bible?

4. Then why didn't Jesus ever teach that the Holy Spirit was God along with the Father and Son?

5. Then why does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit as an "it"? (Is. 34:16 ASV, KJV; Numbers 11:17, 25 ASV, KJV, RSV, NRSV, AT, LB, NEB, REB, NAB, JB, NJB; and Romans 8:16, 26 in the KJV.)

6. Then why does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit as a thing that can be poured out into portions? (Acts 2:17, 18, 33; Numbers 11:17, 25)

7. Then why is the holy spirit nameless and indistinguishable from all of the other holy spirits?

8. Then why did the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD disregard the Holy Spirit as a member of the Godhead when they made Jesus 'God' in 325 AD? Why did they wait until the Council of Constantinople in 381 AD to include the Holy Spirit in the formula?

9. Then wouldn't the water and blood be persons too according to Trinitarian reasoning and 1 John 5:8?

10. Then why is the Holy Spirit sandwiched between a list of QUALITIES at 2 Cor. 6:6?

11. Then why does the NT Greek Lexicon describes the Holy Spirit as "this" at Acts 2:33?

12. Then why is it that nowhere in the Bible is the Holy Spirit ever said to be an equal member of a trinity?

13. Then why is it that nowhere is it mentioned in the Bible the words, "God, the Holy Spirit," or "The Holy Spirit is God"?

14. Then why is it that there is never mentioned a vision, dream or clear description in scripture wherein God and the Holy Spirit are shown as the same person?

If the Trinity Doctrine is a Bible teaching...

1. Then why do NUMEROUS encyclopedias agree that

"... the doctrine of the Trinity was of gradual and comparatively late formation; that it had its origin in a source entirely foreign from that of the Jewish and Christian scriptures; that it grew up, and was ingrafted on Christianity"? – p. 34, The Church of the First Three Centuries, Alvan Lamson, D.D.

2. Then why do many encyclopedias, dictionaries and other sources (including Sir Isaac Newton) agree that the "Trinity was a pagan corruption imposed on Christianity in the fourth century by Athanasius"?

3. Then why does the Bible consistently identify God by singular person pronouns: "I, "Me," "He, and "Him" instead of "We", "Us", "They" or "Them"?

4. Then why does 2 Cor. 13:14 say that the Lord Jesus Christ is one individual, the Holy Spirit is another individual (whether a person or a thing), and that "GOD" IS ANOTHER DIFFERENT INDIVIDUAL?

5. Then why is there not even one Scripture which clearly defines the Trinity?

6. Then why is there not even one Scripture of a vision, dream, or CLEAR description wherein God is shown as three persons?

7. Then why is there not even one Scripture where God is described using the word "three"?

Bro forget all this thrash you wrote the fact you people don't fully understand the divine nature of the word that was /is God/Christ Jn 1 and still man at the same time and when either or both of the the two natures came/come into play in the scripture makes your premises faulty. And obviously it's a waste of time arguing with you and your brainwashed lots.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
Stevosty:
I want you to read this through and give your view http://www.therefinersfire.org/blood_transfusions.htm

The writeup sounds sensible, I will read it thoroughly later.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
miketayo:

pls how is the National anthem a religious song?

Write out Nigerian Anthem and the pledge here.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by truthislight: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
Emusan:

Sorry, you people couldn't resolve anything just normal way of dodging and escape.

Am discussing with you, if your interest is not on this discussion but out of your mind your heart is speaking off of this discussion, i will have no other option than to go out of this discussion with you.

I have discussed with you without hatred nor grudge, please, do the same.

Emusan:

Yes! That even this Son is also living in Heaven with Yahweh.

Was the above under contention? If not, why do you bring it up? I will hope you do not run round without purpose.

Emusan:

No aspect was considered as impossible for Yahweh since The Son actually came and gone.

Ok, So, those are all possible ways right? Yahweh can device any way out of so many ways to use to send his son down to earth.

If you have a particular one that you believe he used Fill us in, feel free to add.

Emusan:

Yahweh can do ALL THINGS as He wills

The above is consoling. Since i believe Yahweh is not limited in anyway, i am content to accept that Yahweh sent his son. If need be, Yahweh can turn any body into an Embryo. nothing limits him. I don't know all about how he does what he does, only what he has reveal to man in his word that i bother my self with. Am not into vodo.

Emusan:

All these won't save you from dodging my point.

Dodge what exactly?

Dodge the details of how Yahweh sent his son to earth? cool
Seriously! Do you really believe that humans have such details? If no, why ask a human to supply you with them?

Emusan:

All I'm saying is this, the Son of Yahweh is a PERSON and Yahweh said He will send His Son to Earth and your organization said Yahweh ONLY TRANSFERED this Son's life to earth.

What is the reasonableness of the above? Was it his death that would have rather been sent?

Oh! You belief that live can exist without the Body. what is life? How do you have life without a body? When the Life of the dead will be restored, do you think it will mean bringing back something that was alive somewhere and put into the mold called body?

Have you ever really considered the significance of what a person is and what makes a person unique? Nope! i don't think you have.

See, there is a direct correlation between who 'You' Emusen are and your Memory . No matter the semblance, once your memory is lost, try convincing those that know you that you are Emusen and see if they will believe that it is you. Even you, if you have all the memory of the former iPhone transfer to another iPhone of similar model, would you know the difference? All you need is the memory. Humans can do the above. When humans does the above, is the Memory "a live"? Nope.

Do you know what makes a mad man a mad man? no, you don't. Lost of Memory. With his body without the Memory, he is useless.

Lets assumed that Yahweh sent a person that did not have the memory that Jesus had while in heaven, i wonder whether the body or any other thing would have been relevant.

Emusan:

1. Where is the body that this life was removed Since you believe the spiritual beings have a body.

The above question is exposing you as lacking certain knowledge of the bible. I had advise that you make sure of your reply to this post, but you are determined to fall your hand. I will be patience with you for now, but think deeply be for coming out with such question next time.

The bible book of 1 cor 15:44 says that there is a Spiritual Body. That same chapter said there are heavenly body and there are earthly body.

Life remove from a body and sent to earth? how? Can there be existence without a body? Any Bible evidence for such a stance? Show evidence please.

Emusan:

2. Life to you is nothing but an ordinary force, this means Yahweh didn't send anything

Live is a combination of Body and Live force, If you are to understand what moving Jesus means, look at it as moving his Person/existance from heaven into the worm of Mary. this was why i was asking the series of questions above as to which of the ways you think will be impossible to Yahweh. You must know, that, for it to be Who Jesus was, his unique memory must be restored to him, key.
The memory aspect is critical and cardinal in restoring an individual back to live. Irrespective of the body, as long as he has his memory, it is the person.

Jesus without his heavenly experience is no Jesus. An Engineer without his unique memory is no Engineer.

The Particular body an entity has is of no significance, but my memory does. to illustrate:

Assuming i am to get involve in a serious accident and my body and face was badly burnt, and after the surgery, on getting to my wife that has been looking for me, which do you think will make her to know it is me ?

1. I lost my memory and cannot remember her and my kids.
2. I look different, but have all my basic memory of our secrets and details. savings, kids names, marriage proposal details. Love life. etc?

Will the fact that i look same but loose all my memory of her and my family make any difference? NO!

But, even though i look different and keep all my memory intact, she will accept me as her husband still.

Hence, memory is key for resurrection or bringing someone back to live, all Yahweh have to do is to give a body and bring to live and restore the memory to the body > Viola! it is the person.

Hence, the mind/memory determines a person. The Mind. But the mind must exist in a body, be it physical or spirit.

A chimp has similar features like a man, is it a person? Hence, body type is inconsequential, but mind does. Chimps lacks the Mind of a person, hence is not a person. QED.

Emusan:

Is Yahweh Himself not a person save us this please.

Yahweh is a person. He has a mind.

"Wherever there is a mind, there is a person.

Emusan:

Your questions are so baseless, so spare us that and tackle my points.

Is it my points that are baseless or your questions? think well be for you answer.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by miketayo(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:

Write out Nigerian Anthem and the pledge here.

i dont need to write it am guessing we both knw it.. its how its religious, dats wat i want to know
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by daclint(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
darian5735:

Am very sure she's not a faithful Jehovah's witness,she aiint gonna be faithful to you aswell............a word is enough for the wise

See your life? ?, see wetin religion do u

Ndo

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by sanfranka2(m): 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
To conclude every believe it or leave it... witness understands and follow the Bible canally... (20%) of them ooooo... I heard someone saying and quoting the Bible according to the book of Luke 8 vs 35 to 38... about the question he was asked base on donation of blood... listen the Bible was written in the inspiration of the holy Spirit. in Matthe 5;30 and Mark 9;43... don't understand it canally... it's not a novel.. witness actually don't that know the Bible don't recognize Jehovah as God.. quote me.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by DoctorAlien(m): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:

My first mention of wisdom is inanimate or abstract, while the second is emphasing that the way wisdom was used in that proverbs 8 shows that the writer has a person in mind.

Prov 8:22 says "the wisdom is created". It will then be wrong to say, the wisdom was brought up with God cos God was not created.

Secondly, the phrase "with him" as written in KJV was inserted. It was not part of the original. Other translations shows that it was ONLY wisdom that was brought up.

You still haven't proven from the Bible that GOD has two types of Wisdom: maybe animate and inanimate.

The Bible says GOD is wise. The Bible also says Jesus is the Wisdom of GOD. (1 Cor. 1:30)

Was the Wisdom of GOD created?

Note that the word "created" does not appear in the Authorized version.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2016
Sarassin:
Personally I think JW's are to be commended. Of all the Christian denominations they alone it seems aspire to the life of Christ in their private and daily lives. The rest it seems are empty chest beaters and noise maker's more concerned with style over substance. I still believe some of your doctrines are somewhat misguided however.

So my question sir, Is it still JW doctrine that you do not worship with the symbol of the cross? Do you still maintain that Jesus was impaled on a stave (stavros in the Greek rendering of your reasonings book) as opposed to being crucified?

Am not a JW.
I love those people especially the genuine ones.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Maximus85(m): 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2016
Logicbwoy:

You answered my questions in a typical Jehovah's witness way.

I wouldn't bother you too much, seeing that you are truly indoctrinated. You can't even see why I say that your church members are wicked. How can you look at someone dying and refuse him blood? Are you people the only christians that read the bible? Do you even know that your Jehovah's witness new translation bible is still a translation of a catholic bible?

90% of your culture is pagan. In fact, everyone in the world has pagan roots. To suggest that christmas is pagan is kind of hypocritical, considering that your Nigerian name, food, dressing comes from pagan origin.

You do realise that pagan relgions existed before Christianity?

Hmmm, no matter what he tells you, no matter how many scriptures he quotes, someone like you still won't understand. That is why we pray that Jehovah open up the world's mind eye that Satan has blinded.

If you break the law to save your life, you will be convicted a criminal. You stole food so you won't die of hunger, what are you? A thief.

God's law strictly said we should not touch blood, but because it can save life for the moment, you took it, you broke God's law. That same person will still die. He will die as someone who broke God's law.

Many of God's laws are not easy to obey but no matter how hard it is, if we truly have faith in God, we will follow those laws.

Aljazera recently did a documentary on the dangers of blood transfusion and how people are starting to claim they are Jehovah's witnesses just to get bloodfree treatments.

It's so sad, how blinded the world has become. They have become lovers of themselves and opposers of God's law.

5 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by MKO4ever(m): 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:

We had a wrong expectation.
And how many more of your beliefs and expectations are wrong but yet to be found out?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Sanchez01: 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Honestly, I get disturbed when I read about your doctrine. I know there are variations in doctrine among the protestants but it's all good and love when the focus is on Jesus Christ as the author and finisher of our faith. But JWs are different and way off in my opinion. And with so much information - videos, articles, texts - especially in this era, the truth cannot be hidden from anyone.

Anyway, correct my assertions if you may but these are my questions:

1. JWs believe Jesus is inferior to God the Father, and don't believe He ressurected/ascended into heaven. who is Jesus to JWs? What is the basis of your faith/religion? Also when Jesus said in John 8:58
'Truly I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am' In John 14:9 '...He who has seen me has seen the Father' How does your bible translation read these scriptures? In Rom 8:11 'And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who dwells within you.' (The colored emphasis for my second question)

2 Your bible translation does not recognise the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, Spirit of truth, as Him and God but rather 'active force'. How does your translation read in Matt 12:32 'Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come' also in Eph 4:30 'And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, in whom (a person, not it) you were sealed for the day of redemption' which leads to my next question

3 Do JWs get born again or are they born into JW? Do JWs get baptised by immersion? If you are baptised in what name? Jesus instructed in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit since you don't regard the Holy Spirit, How do you get baptised?
If you get born again, what happens?
In 1 Cor 12:13 'For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free, and we were all given one Spirit to drink'
Again you do not recognised the Holy Spirit so what does this read in your translation and how are they interpreted?

4. Why no everlasting torment in Hell? The bible mentioned several times this in Matt 25:8, Rev 21:8, 2 Thes 1:9, Matt 13:50, Mark 9:43, Jude 1:7 and many times. How does your translation read these scriptures? and what do you believe?

5. JWs believe all prophecies, miracles and gifts have all ceased. No casting out demons, nothing. So why does one need to go for your meetings. Isn't the purpose defeated if it's just rote learning about what God and His people did and waiting for the world to end. How long can one endure that?
What does this mean then to JWs in 2 Tim 3:5 'having some form of godliness and denying the power thereof....'

I won't even elaborate on the blood transfusion issue I heard is even denied babies. But don't you guys think, like the mormons, claiming that only your books are legitimate scripture in christianity - JWs are not regarded as christians - calls for 'do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God...' and 'test all things hold fast what is good'
This is very thoughtful.

On the blood transfusion ish, I once heard a story of a newly wedded JW couple. They had been living beautifully well, not until after about a year when the woman was to deliver of a baby. She lost a whole lot of blood during the process and the doctors informed the husband that they needed blood so as to sustain the woman's life. The 'brother' insisted that his wife would not be given blood because it's against their doctrine and the Jehovah they serve is capable of saving his wife and if she dies, then it pleases God, blah blah blah...

Long story short, the girl's family stepped in and overruled the husband's decision. She was given blood, gave birth, after much trouble and her parents collected her from this JW brother. Marriage was dissolved and the sister went to her parent's house with her child. Religion is deadly, regardless of whose tent it pitches.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by gnaxyt(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
Am proud to be a JW

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by oglalasioux(m): 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:

Its counsels are sensible and practical.

Good answer. It's sensible and practical counsels include the one recorded in 1 Samuel 15:3, right?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by manando1(m): 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2016
jnrbayano:
Is Jesus Christ God, yes or no?
Jesus Christ is the WORD of God. John 1vs 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Now that same word came in Flesh and was given the name (Emmanuel ) Jesus Christ now any one who doesn't accept Jesus is rejecting Gods Word
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by mayorbch(m): 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
Why don't jw keep the sabbath? Even Jesus kept it. Don't say it's for the Jews cos what we had at eden was "mankind" when God instituted it. There was no Christian, no jew
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by cherryice(f): 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
JMAN05:

We wish to marry in the Lord. 1cor 7:39
So anyone outside your belief is out of the Lord? undecided
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2016
paulGrundy:
Please do try to check out this site also for a balanced view on why witnesses call micheal Jesus. http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/revelation-daniel-prophetic-interpretation.php to find out more about JW's visit www.jwfacts.com
To find out how those who have been sacked from the Jesuit Order of the Catholic Church of JWs or Deeper Life or RCCG company behave after their excommunication and to find out what happens to you when the holy spirit flies out on you go to:
1. http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/revelation-daniel-prophetic-interpretation.php
2. www.jwfacts.com

To find out what happens to a plagiarist and an impostor, then, read all posts from
paulGrundy:
. Thank me later smiley smiley wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Efisko1(m): 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
Pidggin:
Why don't you people recite the National anthem and why do you not acknowledge people's birthdays
are u serious about dey fact dat dey dnt say dey national anthem?
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Maximus85(m): 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Can U adresd this pic below kiss

No matter how it started.... The Bible said the light will shine brighter.

Romans 13:12  "The night is well along; the day has drawn near. Let us therefore throw off the works belonging to darkness and let us put on the weapons of the light."

The question is, are Jehovah's witnesses following Bible principles? We don't teach nor follow human traditions.
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2016
DoctorAlien:
JMAN05,

"For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually." Heb. 7:1-3

The Bible says Melchizedek has no origin nor end of days, just like Jesus Christ.

How then could Jesus Christ have been created?
Colossians 1 verse 15, Revelation 3 verse 14. It is the Bible that said it, Jehovah's witnesses believed and preach it.
Theologians accepted that Proverbs 8 vss 22-30 clearly referred to Jesus as wisdom personified

1 Like

Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 14, 2016
cherryice:
So anyone outside your belief is out of the Lord? undecided
It's a choice
Re: Why Not Get The Perspective Of Jehovah's Witnesses? Ask Ur Questions Here. by Maximus85(m): 5:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
Sarassin:

I agree with you on the ultimate futility of a debate on the manner of the death of Jesus, afterall the man died. I also take your correction on the term “Stauros”. I do think there is a wider issue from a historical perspective of veracity, so I am curious as to what historical imperatives informs JW view that Jesus was impaled ?

I do agree with you somewhat that the cross is not the indisputable symbol of Christianity, it wasn’t always. Early Christian art and depictions particularly in the Flavian catacombs make it clear that the earliest symbol of Christianity was the symbol of the Fish, this symbol likely pre-dated Jesus himself, it was ditched in favour of the cross in my view because of the connotations it bore to the Babylonian Fisher-god, Ioannes.

Condemned people back then are hung on a tree or a stake. Not a cross.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (46) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Compares Pastor Adeboye To Najwa Zebian, A Muslim Lady / The Way Out Of COVID-19! - By TB Joshua / “Missionary” Is The Only Holy Sexual Position - Pastor Olugbenga Oladejo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.