Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Equity Fund Or Fixed Income Funds - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Equity Fund Or Fixed Income Funds (1278 Views)

Three Million: Treasury Bills Or Fixed Deposits / Offshore Investment In Fixed Income Market Now $12bn / Fixed Income/bond Trading In Nigeria? How Deep Is It? Future Prospects? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Equity Fund Or Fixed Income Funds by morfeus: 12:13pm On Oct 02, 2009
Can som1 assist me decide on how to invest my money?
Re: Equity Fund Or Fixed Income Funds by Seun(m): 1:37am On Feb 27, 2013
Interesting question...
Re: Equity Fund Or Fixed Income Funds by Nobody: 4:58am On Feb 27, 2013
Fixed income funding is good when you're averse to taking risks
Re: Equity Fund Or Fixed Income Funds by feelamong(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
How much do you want to invest, how old are you, what is your Investment Horizon and what type of person are you(Risk taker or risk averse?

All these determine the type of risk you will want to take..Fixed income funds are for risk averse people and here you are sure of your initial capital. In the Equity funds you have opted to take more risks...in the event of any market crash or melt down the value of your funds will definitely suffer.

If I werr you I will creat a portfolio for my self.. buy the stocks i want to keep and also invest in fixed income/money market funds I like my sellf!
Re: Equity Fund Or Fixed Income Funds by mayoroflag(m): 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
Rule of Thumb if you are investing for the long term without professional investment adviser:

- Use your current age to represent your percentage allocation to fixed income
- Deduct the fixed income % from 100% to represent your allocation to equities
- Adjust the allocation on a yearly basis
- You are advised to invest the equity portion in a mutual fund (IBTC Equity, ARM Discovery, UBA Equity etc. if you do not have an investment adviser)

Cheers.....

(1) (Reply)

Another Way To Earn A Living Online. With Just #1,500 / Best Investment With Long Term Monthly/yearly Profit Return. / How Can I Wisely Invest My N30,000?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.