Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Man Climbs Into Toilet To Retrieve Phone, Gets Completely Stuck - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Man Climbs Into Toilet To Retrieve Phone, Gets Completely Stuck (1195 Views)

5 Types Of Photos You Should Completely Keep Off Social Media / How To Retrieve Deleted Text Messages On Android (working Method) / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Climbs Into Toilet To Retrieve Phone, Gets Completely Stuck by ayobami52(m): 3:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
It could happen to any of us.Our phones are so precious that if we dropped one down a public toilet, we'd climb in to get it back. Wouldn't we?

What did you say? You'd call a Task Rabbit? I once got my phone dropped inside the toilet while chatting on palmchat and trying to pick a call at the same time, so I believe it can happen to anybody.

This wasn't the choice of 20-year-old Cato Berntsen Larsen. The Norwegian was in Drammen, southern Norway, when he participated in a drama.

As Norway's VG News reports -- relying on the intrepid work of Drammens Tidende -- his friend's phone fell down a public toilet.

Larsen, though, is svelte. He's also an amateur diver. So he volunteered to climb into the toilet to get it out.

It didn't go well.

This wasn't a fancy toilet with a u-bend, connected to the sewage system. It was a slightly more primitive affair, with a tank underneath the seat.

Larsen got into it. The only snag was he couldn't get out.

"It was disgusting as hell," he told VG News. "The worst thing I have ever experienced. Animals were down there too. I will never enter a toilet again. Now my body hurts."

My own body hurts just contemplating Larsen's plight.

You might think this tale smells a little. Larsen, though, insists he was up to his thighs in feces. He vomited. The toilet is only emptied once a year.

He was stuck for an hour. Firefighters had to get him out. They had to cut the toilet open.

Larsen was taken to Vestviken Hospital in Drammen. The hospital didn't respond to a request for comment.

You, though, still have the most important question plaguing your system.

Did he find the phone? Alas, after all that, he was not exactly flush with success. The BBC reports he did not find the handset
I was just asking myself why will even try to enter a suckaway because my Iphone 6s fell inside ,is this how some people value their phones?
Re: Man Climbs Into Toilet To Retrieve Phone, Gets Completely Stuck by AnnabelR0se(f): 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
Haha haha Westin the guy dey find up and down because of phone ?
Re: Man Climbs Into Toilet To Retrieve Phone, Gets Completely Stuck by ayobami52(m): 10:55am On Sep 01, 2016
AnnabelR0se:
Haha haha Westin the guy dey find up and down because of phone ?
I wonder oo

(1) (Reply)

Chipset Battles: Exynos8890 Vs Snapdragon820/821 Vs Heliosx30 / New Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Up For Grabs! / Help! My Huawei Ascend G630-U20 Keeps Rebooting (bootloop)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.