Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths (8676 Views)

Check Out The Hilarious Reply By NYSC On Twitter To A NOUN Graduate's Question / A Letter To NYSC On Behalf Of 17A Stream Two. / EU To Collaborate With NYSC On Youth Empowerment (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by dont8(m): 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
The Africa Union (AU) has indicated its willingness to partner the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) in skills acquisition for youths in Nigeria.

The AU Envoy in Nigeria, Dr Tunji Asaolu, gave the indication on Monday in Abuja when he paid a courtesy visit to the Director- General of NYSC, Brig.-Gen. Sule Kazaure.

Asaolu noted that the NYSC was the only body that could help the Federal Government to reduce the burden of unemployment in Nigeria.

“We want to partner NYSC, using corps members to run teachers volunteer scheme and use these teachers in a survey and those who perform well will be retained.

“We are encouraging people to develop skills in production and agriculture; our partnership will create jobs, enrich the economy and develop the country at large.

“NYSC can be richer than Dangote because it is accepted in all parts of the country.

“Some programmes that can help engage youths are Africa Youth Volunteer Corps, Pan Africa Safety Commission and so on.

“With the intervention programmes that we have, we will see how we can subsidise to enable us to achieve the goal,’’ Asaolu said.

Asaolu said that if corps members were making and using products made by NYSC, the organisation could become a big company of its own.

Responding, Kazaure, pledged to key into the partnership and added that a technical committee had been set up to meet with the AU.

He said NYSC was ready to partner AU to empower and improve the lives of Nigerians. (NAN)

http://leadership.ng/news/548334/au-to-partner-nysc-on-skills-acquisition-for-youths

[size=1pt]Lalasticlala[/size]

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
I see it as another unsustainable development loading

NYSC is already loaded with similar programs

3 Likes

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by dont8(m): 6:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
kenonze:

But I think they can complement each other or better still, merge them into a broad based programme.

1 Like

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by dotcomnamename: 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
I do not think, but i believe its gonna result to great POSITIVE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by agarawu23(m): 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
au

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by emehnorah: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by free2ryhme: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
make we see how e go end
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2016
NYSC is a complete waste of precious time. Let the FG convert it to a compulsory agriculture scheme.

7 Likes

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by bid4rich(m): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
I was there, AIT cover the event. The meeting lasted for about 30 minute. Kazaure is a straight to the point man.

Nice development though but I pray it will not be a fail project.
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nelsizzy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
It is a welcome development
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
Posting corp members to different countries wont be a bad idea. cheesy

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by TedBaker(m): 6:59pm On Aug 29, 2016
kenonze:

very easy to say. As usual nigeria has no HDI

1 Like

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by joshing(m): 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
Yet some stil say they wanna scrap it
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Rayfield: 7:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
This is the kind of News I like seeing on Frontpage because it's important to me and Bae... Future Otondos!
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
In a country where the youths want to sleep, wake up and be billionaires..
Naija youths and idleness are like

2 Likes

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by bayelsaowei(m): 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
While the kids of government officials have job spaces in NNPC and CBN reserved...

Acquisition skills meant for the low class graduates...

NYSC ona father.... angry
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
VikingsOO7:
Posting corp members to different countries wont be a bad idea. cheesy

They wont come back
cant blame them sha if I got the chance Ill be gone like a flash

1 Like

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
Babzilla:

They wont come back
cant blame them sha if I got the chance Ill be gone like a flash
cheesy
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
bayelsaowei:
While the kids of government officials have job spaces in NNPC and CBN reserved...

Acquisition skills meant for the low class graduates...

NYSC ona father.... angry

The kids of government officials will take over these spots. and the poor will be posted to villages
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
Waste of time. I don't just like NYSC.

1 Like

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by bayelsaowei(m): 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2016
Babzilla:

The kids of government officials will take over these spots. and the poor will be posted to villages
no kid of the rich (government officials in particular) would ever go near skill acquisition programmes...never...DPR is waiting for them....acquisition programmes are designed for the low class Nigerian graduates...until we call up a revolution this would remain same...
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by indoorlove(m): 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
Babzilla:
You don't know what you're saying. Nigerian youths are very hardworking

1 Like

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by bejeria101(m): 7:53pm On Aug 29, 2016
Isnt it a bit late to teach them how to fry yam and akara?
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by DankemzI(m): 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2016

The Africa Union (AU) has indicated its willingness to partner the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) in skills acquisition for youths in Nigeria.

“We want to partner NYSC, using corps members to run teachers volunteer scheme and use these teachers in a survey and those who perform well will be retained.

“We are encouraging people to develop skills in production and agriculture; our partnership will create jobs, enrich the economy and develop the country at large.

“NYSC can be richer than Dangote because it is accepted in all parts of the country. “Some programmes that can help engage youths are Africa Youth Volunteer Corps, Pan Africa Safety Commission and so on.

“With the intervention programmes that we have, we will see how we can subsidise to enable us to achieve the goal,’’ Asaolu said.

Asaolu said that if corps members were making and using products made by NYSC, the organisation could become a big company of its own.

This is a good step in the right direction! Imagine spending your service year producing different products for the Sale, making your money and gaining enterpreneul skills

Kudos to the brain behind this!

1 Like

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 8:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
Mere words lipsrsealed
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Ay04z(m): 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
Babzilla:
lol....Di's man with finger self
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by haconjy(m): 8:38pm On Aug 29, 2016
good
Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
Ay04z:
lol....Di's man with finger self
U and tue man are like

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by haconjy(m): 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
Instead of them allowing our corp members to be mobilise to other African countries

1 Like

Re: AU To Partner NYSC On Skills Acquisition For Youths by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2016
dont8:

http://leadership.ng/news/548334/au-to-partner-nysc-on-skills-acquisition-for-youths

[size=1pt]Lalasticlala[/size]

Federal Government, una Neva tire...SAED didn't EPP any corper,,is this that ll EPP them

##NYSC is A SCAM!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Made 3.49 (second Class Lower), Should He Forgo NYSC For Second Class Upper. / Batch C14 Posted Ebonyi State / A thread for corpers posted to Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.