Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) (5780 Views)

My Sister Might Have Been Brainwashed By GNLD / Fraud Alert: Innoson Motors Warns On The Current Employment Scam .( Photo) / The Hilarious Experience I Had With GNLD Marketers In Abuja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 29, 2016
The networking business in Nigeria is unarguably one of the fast rising businesses. Their are a lot of network companies in existence, some online, some offline and others both. While a good number of people have benefited - and are still benefiting from network marketing, a larger percentage have over the years met with disappointment and frustration in the course of network marketing. People have employed several methods of getting prospects to attend seminars over time. These methods include personal relentless calls, reminder messages, posters and handbills, and other forms of advertisement. One common feature of all these methods is that they present the network marketing business as very lucrative and guaranteed to attract others.
Surprisingly, some network marketers have taken an entirely new approach to the business of luring people to attend their seminars.

Let me share with you my encounter with a victim today (August 29, 2016) in Lagos.

Walking out of the premises of Diamond Bank @Cele bus stop in Egbeda, Lagos, I saw a group of boys cursing and complaining. In my usual curious nature, I asked what the matter was. One of them told me that he came all the way from Ogun State to attend a job interview which turned out to be a GNLD seminar. Hear his account:
"I saw an advertisement placed for a job in a milk factory with the manager's phone number and a salary of #3,000 daily. I decided to call the number and I was asked to come for an interview in Lagos today. The "manager" even told me that the vacancy expires tomorrow Tuesday. I had no money on me so I told my mother. She lent me some money with an agreement that I'll pay back when I receive my first salary since the "manager" assured me that I'll get the job. I spent over #1,000 to get here only to discover that it's GNLD that I hate so much because of my past experience with them.

All of the other guys or interviewed told me similar stories.
Now my concerns are these: Is it lawful for a person to impersonate a manager of a non existent company? Is it not a crime to pass oneself as someone you are not? Is it also not a crime to mislead the public in such a despicable manner? What about the emotional and physical inconveniences they are causing people, putting a lot of people in unsolicited indebtedness?
As God would have it, I saw an advert pasted on one of the electric poles close to the bank. I called the attention of one of the guys to the advert and he confirmed that that's exactly the advert. I had to take pictures to post along with this so as to alert people of the latest trend. The trend may have been in existence for some time now but I'm just getting to know of it. These people have to be stopped. They need to pursue their business legitimately not at the detriment of unsuspecting poor Nigerians.
For those of us in Lagos, please spread the word.
Mods please do the needful.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by HungerBAD: 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
Bad.

2 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Oldlayez: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
Sorry
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by modestofynest(m): 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
Oya Nigeria police over to una see crime nw go and arrest them no be when person they him house name him own dog him use him money buy buhari una go arrest am charge am to court, ndi ara

6 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Perfecttouch(m): 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
My broda,police will arrest all of us that day but he will surely arrest some of them with broken noses and legs

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by chachanga: 10:46pm On Aug 29, 2016
Na because boys never begin beat their life.

If say when dem try dis, boys "deck" dem very well, their eyes for clear; na by force?

With their bogus claims, long ties and thin necks; and one loser mr-maga "upline" wey go dey form E-Money, dem neva hear wen angry.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by timmyblast(m): 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
has anyone seen that of oil n gas. LWKMD

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by onward4life(m): 12:35am On Aug 30, 2016
Fit2Rule:
The networking business in Nigeria is unarguably one of the fast rising businesses. Their are a lot of network companies in existence, some online, some offline and others both. While a good number of people have benefited - and are still benefiting from network marketing, a larger percentage have over the years met with disappointment and frustration in the course of network marketing. People have employed several methods of getting prospects to attend seminars over time. These methods include personal relentless calls, reminder messages, posters and handbills, and other forms of advertisement. One common feature of all these methods is that they present the network marketing business as very lucrative and guaranteed to attract others.
Surprisingly, some network marketers have taken an entirely new approach to the business of luring people to attend their seminars.

Let me share with you my encounter with a victim today (August 29, 2016) in Lagos.

Walking out of the premises of Diamond Bank @Cele bus stop in Egbeda, Lagos, I saw a group of boys cursing and complaining. In my usual curious nature, I asked what the matter was. One of them told me that he came all the way from Ogun State to attend a job interview which turned out to be a GNLD seminar. Hear his account:
"I saw an advertisement placed for a job in a milk factory with the manager's phone number and a salary of #3,000 daily. I decided to call the number and I was asked to come for an interview in Lagos today. The "manager" even told me that the vacancy expires tomorrow Tuesday. I had no money on me so I told my mother. She lent me some money with an agreement that I'll pay back when I receive my first salary since the "manager" assured me that I'll get the job. I spent over #1,000 to get here only to discover that it's GNLD that I hate so much because of my past experience with them.

All of the other guys or interviewed told me similar stories.
Now my concerns are these: Is it lawful for a person to impersonate a manager of a non existent company? Is it not a crime to pass oneself as someone you are not? Is it also not a crime to mislead the public in such a despicable manner? What about the emotional and physical inconveniences they are causing people, putting a lot of people in unsolicited indebtedness?
As God would have it, I saw an advert pasted on one of the electric poles close to the bank. I called the attention of one of the guys to the advert and he confirmed that that's exactly the advert. I had to take pictures to post along with this so as to alert people of the latest trend. The trend may have been in existence for some time now but I'm just getting to know of it. These people have to be stopped. They need to pursue their business legitimately not at the detriment of unsuspecting poor Nigerians.
For those of us in Lagos, please spread the word.
Mods please do the needful.
Thank you.

Cultism would have one single importance to the society if they focus this dog head ness attack to and for only this isis GNLD sect that is assisting kidnappers to vanish honest job seekers..

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by onward4life(m): 12:41am On Aug 30, 2016
Perfecttouch:
My broda,police will arrest all of us that day but he will surely arrest some of them with broken noses and legs

My guy broken nose and leg, abi u be motor wey wan cause jamming accident? grin grin grin Oya road safety ati take over!!! This Bros just dey binu...
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 30, 2016
Whatever you start with lie, you maintain with lie
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by SolexxBarry(m): 5:59am On Aug 30, 2016
Fraudsters everywhere,I blame buhari for this undecided

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by health2wealth: 6:39am On Aug 30, 2016
There is nothing wrong with network marketing or GNLD as a company. However, the OP experience though is unfortunate. There are people who happily join the program and succeed when they understand network marketing. The reason why many of the people fail in network marketing is because they deceitfully recruit people into their network. Apart from that, your network is your business group so if you build the foundation on lie or with the wrong people, it will not last long. I can confirm that 99% of posters like that you see in Lagos is from network marketing companies. For instance, I joined the platform through the same process. But I don't use the same method for recruiting people into my business. I don't recruit people who are job seekers, I tried to talk to people who are interested in investing and those who are business oriented. Today, I have all kind of people in my network from force members to security personnel to pastors to bankers to business men and women to managers to graduate. I recently got an appointment from a foreign company that want to use my experience and network.

I always belief that what is worth doing is worth doing well. Most of those guys do not learn the act of network marketing and do not know how to recruit people into their business. I will suggest they stop the practice and learn the act of recruiting because your network is your net-worth. I am happy I joined the platform because I have had the privilege to meet people I will never had have the opportunity to meet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by avril9(f): 7:15am On Aug 30, 2016
GNLD can also be called NEO LIFE aside from inviting you for an interview they now use other platforms like sending broadcasts to various groups on whatsapp needing ushers\hosts\hostess\event planners 4 a supposed event wit mouth watering daily pay. four of my friends hv fallen victims n d story is always sad at the end we r grateful no life was lost. We need the intervention from the police as this is an act of wrongfully misleading the public through deceptive advertising.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by health2wealth: 7:26am On Aug 30, 2016
avril9:
GNLD can also be called NEO LIFE aside from inviting you for an interview they now use other platforms like sending broadcasts to various groups on whatsapp needing ushers\hosts\hostess\event planners 4 a supposed event wit mouth watering daily pay. four of my friends hv fallen victims n d story is always sad at the end we r grateful no life was lost. We need the intervention from the police as this is an act of wrongfully misleading the public through deceptive advertising.
I agree with you that it is wrong to mislead the public with deceptive advertising.

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 30, 2016
useless pple
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 30, 2016
health2wealth:
There is nothing wrong with network marketing or GNLD as a company. However, the OP experience though is unfortunate. There are people who happily join the program and succeed when they understand network marketing. The reason why many of the people fail in network marketing is because they deceitfully recruit people into their network. Apart from that, your network is your business group so if you build the foundation on lie or with the wrong people, it will not last long. I can confirm that 99% of posters like that you see in Lagos is from network marketing companies. For instance, I joined the platform through the same process. But I don't use the same method for recruiting people into my business. I don't recruit people who are job seekers, I tried to talk to people who are interested in investing and those who are business oriented. Today, I have all kind of people in my network from force members to security personnel to pastors to bankers to business men and women to managers to graduate. I recently got an appointment from a foreign company that want to use my experience and network.

I always belief that what is worth doing is worth doing well. Most of those guys do not learn the act of network marketing and do not know how to recruit people into their business. I will suggest they stop the practice and learn the act of recruiting because your network is your net-worth. I am happy I joined the platform because I have had the privilege to meet people I will never had have the opportunity to meet.

That's exactly my point. My opening statement points to that fact. Like you rightly have said, the way and manner these people go about "luring" prospects instead of convincing them to attend their seminars is unfortunate. With business and marketing expertise gained from training and practice, one can convince others to join a networking business and "lawfully" so.
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by health2wealth: 8:06am On Aug 30, 2016
Fit2Rule:

That's exactly my point. My opening statement points to that fact. Like you rightly have said, the way and manner these people go about "luring" prospects instead of convincing them to attend their seminars is unfortunate. With business and marketing expertise gained from training and practice, one can convince others to join a networking business and "lawfully" so.
Actually, GNLD does not approve of the approach either. That is why when you go to their office, you will see a big sign post at the entrance NO VACANCY to discourage people from seeking job their since they receive this complain. But you know Nigerians and their lazy way of thinking and doing things.
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by vivalavida(m): 8:07am On Aug 30, 2016
health2wealth:

No be only foreign company.
Comot jare
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by health2wealth: 8:54am On Aug 30, 2016
vivalavida:

Comot jare
No be fight o. Before I enter network marketing, I am a connector and always try to connect service providers to consumers. I am bringing my experience into the business to attract other investors. It's just being creative.
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Daniel058(m): 9:00am On Aug 30, 2016
OK i pray make those guys no finally brainwash my guy
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Opistorincos(m): 10:17am On Aug 30, 2016
Those GNLD guys are mad
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by jom28gy(m): 11:38am On Aug 30, 2016
they employed different methods of deceit to woo their customers.e.g. they post paper on walls, saying whosoever want employment and is lucrative should come and many more ways.
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by sobastical: 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
He should even thank God they are not kidnappers, as I learnt some of those people that post such bills are kidnappers.
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
Common sense should tell anyone dat 3,000x30days = 90,000 for a milk factory unskilled labourer in this present era of Nigeria is a fluke. Gullibility is wen you see such advert and fall for it. No company will advertise for workers disclosing the salary no matter how favourable it's.

4 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by OwoMILLION: 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2016
Network Marketing,soo good when you've learn't d ropes.
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Activityj(m): 9:15pm On Aug 30, 2016
Chai!i can liken this to what Amalek did to Israel--- exploiting them in their days of distress and God swear to wipe Amalek out from the face of the earth! I hereby call on all security agencies to investigate this matter. This GNLD people have flooded Abia state with the same type of adverts thereby deceiving those in the labour market!
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
That was how I was trickd n I attended one Neo-life aka GNLD seminar in Jos on the 27th August, instead of an interview. I was filled wit amazement altru. All the marketers who claimed to earn thousands every month with laminated false cheques as proves, lookd so retched, hungry and unkempt. It was an experience... n I v learnt...

3 Likes

Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
vivalavida:

Comot jare

No mind am. . . another GNLD goon stylishly trying to fish for unsuspecting folks. No be only foreign company, na American Government grin
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
health2wealth:

Lie Mohammed. . .
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by vivalavida(m): 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
blackberlin:

No mind am. . . another GNLD goon stylishly trying to fish for unsuspecting folks. No be only foreign company, na American Government grin

Lmao
Re: Fraud Alert! GNLD Marketers In New Deception Tactics(photos) by TeamLeader(m): 10:59pm On Aug 30, 2016
Uhm what an irony. I was decieved like ddat wen I was jobless 2years ago but today I'm a World Team Member. They use what people want to get them into the network. If dem carry yu go there and yu no like am carry ya leg waka na. But one thing Is sure when one person reject them 10 people get registered.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ren Money Academy / Banks Are Recruiting Now But..........read THIS! / How Do I Get To Ojodu Berger From Mile 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.