Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:02 AM

Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) (71153 Views)

Nigeria Vs Zambia: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - 1 - 0 (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by MrCounselor: 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by Simplefaithy(m): 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2016
When I saw afcon qualifier I tot op dey on osogbo weed ni, wen I now saw Egypt have taken the lone slot my mind kon settle. Seriously I think d qualifying series yaff ended ni. 2017 will be a long year for our footy. No any international tournament to look up to. O ma she o
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by babapressy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2016
I will be soo happy if only jj okocha plays...lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by greggng: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2016
That stadium is always bringing bad luck to us. Pls change the venue
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by ipledge10(m): 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
Why play when dey have nothing to win
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by chiraqDemon(m): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2016
Adamo84:
OP, Please what time will the match kick off?
7pm i think
Ill be there personally
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by femi4: 1:54pm On Aug 30, 2016
kaokao2015:
Result of Saturday’s qualifier at the Akwa Ibom Stadium counts for nothing as Egypt have already picked the lone ticket from the group.[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]
We have started again, when we say the result does not count. what about the Fifa world ranking and also playing together will make the team to get prepare for the world cup qualifying matches.It also an opportunity for the new technical adviser to know the player and help the NFF who may not have fund the prosecute friendly matches.
If they want to improve in FIFA ranking....let them play teams in top 20
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by atirolu(m): 3:03pm On Aug 30, 2016
United state of nigeria
I hail ooo hon minister

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
This affords us, we sports enthusiasts and analysts the opportunity to assess the weakness and strength of the new gaffer, probe his tactical acumen and technical prowess.

Too bad, I may not get to watch the match because of examinations.

Nigerian football shall rise again if we get our acts right.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by ministeriallist: 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2016
chrisxxx:
Is Okocha playing!
Yes, Peter Rufai will be the goal keeper grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by khattab02: 7:51pm On Aug 30, 2016
rayblast:
It is always like dat. Nigeria matches no dey get exact time. Una put venue, date, opponent buh time for where?
hehehehhehehe

grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by khattab02: 7:56pm On Aug 30, 2016
NameChecker:
Of what use is the match when even a result of 100 - 0
has no effect?
angry
true it has no importance but it has to be honoured.

If both teams had worked hard during the preliminary matches, they would have been looking forward to this match.

Anyway.... It is still a friendly in disguise
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by khattab02: 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
amuokuko:
Abeg after this match, will the price of rice drop
yes! But only if it has an economic connection with rice.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by khattab02: 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
permanentgrace:

Why not we just 'win' for 'winning' sake?
don't mind them oooo... Some of them know ooo... But they will still ask the question for rhetorical sake. Later they will be shouting FIFA Ranking... how we deserved to go down or up.

Watch!!! They will still comment on the match come that very day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by Davido360(m): 12:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
d match na just dead match. anyway make we win sha. like 3-0
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by megabeatsonline: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
Exam fever wahala. You wanna break free? read this genesisonlinetutorials..co.ke/2016/08/six-steps-to-overcome-examination.html?m=1
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by Indiaindia: 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
permanentgrace:
I thought the belief is that Nigeria hardly win match in the stadium. So why scheduling one there again?

you are à big fool
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by permanentgrace(m): 5:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
Indiaindia:

you are à big fool
I know. Can you add small thing to my bank account?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by ahamonyeka(m): 11:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
chrisxxx:
Is Okocha playing!
yes, he is the goal keeper.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 11:41am On Sep 01, 2016
The three-time African kings fine-tuned their strategies ahead Taifa Stars clash with a defeat of the Nigeria topflight outfit on Wednesday

Nigeria senior national team defeated Akwa United 3-0 in a friendly game played at the Godswill Akpabio Stadium on Wednesday evening.

Goals from Brown Ideye, Nosa Igiebor and Odion Ighalo were all Gernot Rohr’s men needed to sink the Solid Miners in the encounter which serves as dress rehearsal for Saturday’s Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania.

The match was barely 28 minutes old when Ideye following a well-executed counter-attacking move before Super Eagles returnee, Igiebor doubled the lead in the 39th minute.

And substitute Ighalo sealed the win from the penalty spot in the second half with Standard Liege’s new signing Elderson Echiejile getting the marching order after receiving a second caution.

“They made a good work. It was an interesting game for me and for us because now, I have a look for each player,” Rohr said after the game.

“It was also important for me to see the state of the (pitch in the) stadium. We are happy with this performance.”

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by xymmie01: 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2016
The game na under 1.5 goal n bt meanwhile Join the bbm channel and enjoy free match prediction ..C00264E72
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by daveP(m): 8:28pm On Sep 01, 2016
So for 13months now twill be Rohr all thru....

I hope that the pattern would be set by then. we so much need a pattern and zeal like Conte is doing at Chelsea, that level kinda.

Where everyone on pitch plays to die and once done via substitution, will get fans endeared to him and more eyes and support for future reference, like it happened for Vincent Enyeama.
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by Raindrop0442(m): 9:36pm On Sep 01, 2016
hope we qualify for d world cup

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by Emmaoga: 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
chrisxxx:
Is Okocha playing!

yes and he will score hat-trick
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by succerwizard: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2016

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
Rohr gives Chelsea star Mikel free attacking role

Chelsea defensive midfielder Mikel Obi will be given a free role in the Super Eagles attack by new coach Gernot Rohr.

The Chelsea holding midfielder rolled back the years when he was given a free attacking role in midfield by coach Samson Siasia as Nigeria won a bronze medal at last month’s Rio Olympics.

The Eagles skipper will score a goal and prompt several attacking forays at Rio 2016.

Rohr had initially planned for Mikel to play as a defensive midfielder, but the player would rather be given freedom upfront, just as he did when he was named behind Lionel Messi in the race for the MVP of the 2005 FIFA U20 World Cup.

“Mikel will play in an attacking position under the new coach, not the holding midfield role he plays for his club,” an official, who watched the team’s training behind closed doors on Thursday.

In the meantime, the Eagles skipper has said Saturday’s match against Tanzania will be a fresh start as the country’s team aim to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.

“This is a new team and a new direction as we want to make sure we qualify for the World Cup,” he said.

Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by yungchief(m): 8:44am On Sep 03, 2016
robosky02:
Rohr gives Chelsea star Mikel free attacking role

Chelsea defensive midfielder Mikel Obi will be given a free role in the Super Eagles attack by new coach Gernot Rohr.

The Chelsea holding midfielder rolled back the years when he was given a free attacking role in midfield by coach Samson Siasia as Nigeria won a bronze medal at last month’s Rio Olympics.

The Eagles skipper will score a goal and prompt several attacking forays at Rio 2016.

Rohr had initially planned for Mikel to play as a defensive midfielder, but the player would rather be given freedom upfront, just as he did when he was named behind Lionel Messi in the race for the MVP of the 2005 FIFA U20 World Cup.

“Mikel will play in an attacking position under the new coach, not the holding midfield role he plays for his club,” an official, who watched the team’s training behind closed doors on Thursday.

In the meantime, the Eagles skipper has said Saturday’s match against Tanzania will be a fresh start as the country’s team aim to qualify for the 2018 World Cup.

“This is a new team and a new direction as we want to make sure we qualify for the World Cup,” he said.

Time ??
Re: Nigeria Vs Tanzania AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 (Full Time) by pendusky(m): 9:59am On Sep 03, 2016
pat077:
This one na friendly match.
It's Nation Cup qualifiers not friendly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala's House Warming Party For Her Parents In Lagos (Photos) / Jude Ighalo's Sister, Mary Is Dead (Photo) / Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.