Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,729 members, 7,802,207 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271051 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by foxteroh: 11:59pm On Mar 01, 2010
god bless fta guruus.well onitsha is my base ,can i track 2a using 2.4 mesh
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 11:25am On Mar 02, 2010
foxteroh:

god bless fta guruus.well onitsha is my base ,can i track 2a using 2.4 mesh

yes you can
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by mama1010: 12:55pm On Mar 02, 2010
@ microgiant

Thanks for the advice. am grateful.

Am going hunting for olofofo. cheesy grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 5:26pm On Mar 02, 2010
mama1010:

@ microgiant
Thanks for the advice. am grateful.
Am going hunting for olofofo. cheesy grin
You are welcome.

Mesh is good for C-band and DTH (Direct To Home satellites Like DSTV, HITV, ETC). Nilesat is an out of footprint satellite this implies that it is not meant for nigeria so the signal is very weak here which means you need a bigger solid dish for it
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by maskuraid(m): 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2010
@micro

Pls i have d intention of gettin me a 3m dish installed to catch d nilesat bug, w/o motorising (due to d attendant technicalities) is there any other additional i can use dt same dish for??

thank u,
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 2:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
maskuraid:

@micro

Pls i have d intention of gettin me a 3m dish installed to catch d nilesat bug, w/o motorising (due to d attendant technicalities) is there any other additional i can use dt same dish for??

thank u,
Check this setup of 1.8m dish by a NL member in northern nigeria. a fixed dish for 4 satellites,  Nilesat, NSS7, W3A & Sirius4

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=242036.msg4176787#msg4176787

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by maskuraid(m): 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2010
thnks bro,

dats one set up there, lets hope dts not too difficult to replicate.

cheers man.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by foxteroh: 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2010
Can anybody confirm d asiasat 5. Channel
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by foxteroh: 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2010
Check out ntv,touba.rts,tpi on eutelsat 4
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 09, 2010
Can anyone pls provide info on how i can use my 90cm to receive w3a&sirius4.I watch w3a now but i want to enjoy sirius4 as well without motorising
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2010
just go get another dish and all will be well
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
enitan2002:

just go get another dish and all will be well
is that a solution or a jest? While others are using a dish to receive both birds&u adviced i go get another dish.Nice advice.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 9:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
Toba. Have u gotten your 69x yet? I couldn't get one here in Kogi I will have 2 send someone in Lag. I use 1 90cm dish 4 sirius before but latter combined the 2 birds on it. My f2v use 2 be 98% but now its 55 -58. I compared my signal levels 2 using 9ocm 4 w3a and a 60cm 4 sirius. The only thing u may loose are the feeds on sirius, go tv and tv magardascar may not show 4 24hrs. But u'll still get most of the other channels u have now. If u have money 2 spare, it better to use different dishes. Pls what are the tps of those FTA on w4?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by foxteroh: 9:28pm On Mar 09, 2010
Kindly visit lyngsat.com
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2010
Ameboperoo:

Toba. Have u gotten your 69x yet? I couldn't get one here in Kogi I will have 2 send someone in Lag. I

Not yet, i sent two pple to help me find out if theres fairly used Hd or 69x. But if they cant get i will go for a new 69x which is N16,000 in Alaba

Ameboperoo:

I use 1 90cm dish 4 sirius before but latter combined the 2 birds on it.

What i want to know is where the dish will face to catch the two birds. is it sirius 4 or w3a? Mine presently is facing w3a, so if i need to change it to sirius4 to combine the 2birds. From ur experience where shd the dish face?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by oliss: 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2010
thks all guys in the house
ure doing a goood job
pls how can i use hitv decoder get w3a, a step by step mtd esp the tracking at the dish and lnb. pls cos guy's still a novice
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2010
@Toba. Now that u r facing w3, u just need to turn your dish slightly to your right ie towards the east and bring it down a little. But u must have input the tp of sirius. Sirius is very easy 2 track compared to w3a. When it hits green, then turn it back towards w3a until signal reduces to 55. Stop there and check if you w3a channels are still showing. If yes, tighten your nuts securely and enjoy yourself!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2010
Ameboperoo:

@Toba. Now that u r facing w3, u just need to turn your dish slightly to your right ie towards the east and bring it down a little. But u must have input the tp of sirius. Sirius is very easy 2 track compared to w3a. When it hits green, then turn it back towards w3a until signal reduces to 55. Stop there and check if you w3a channels are still showing. If yes, tighten your nuts securely and enjoy yourself!

Thks this is very informing. I will try it. Thks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 4:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
Ollis go to menu>sittings>search sat. Select a new sat eg newsat 1 or 2, now go 2 tp set up, ok it and it will give u options 2 edit or add new tp. U also need to set your dish to face the right direct.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by oliss: 2:08pm On Mar 15, 2010
@ ameboropo
thks guy, is the tp and sr for w3a still 11190 and 31000 i guess, if not pls correct me
so is this all i need to set at the decoder side b4 adjusting the dish, what of the lnb setting and probably how do i measure d actual elevation of the dish or is it by trial.
one more plsssss, is there a way i can confirm or test check my signal cable connecting the dish's lmb to the decoder. cos i can't say if the compressed portion i noticed along the cable is responsible for tampering with signal flow. pls advise cos it fustrating me, no signal strenght is all i see.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by oliss: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2010
@ all
@ ameropo
pls could y also help me with sirius tp and w2a
i heard sirius is easy
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ipheanyi: 7:11pm On Mar 15, 2010
Hi, Members, My hands are up. I must say more greece to your elbow in all effort to liberate us from the hands of suscription.

I have a strong decoder SRT 4653x,which I used to watch DSTV and HITV. My problem is after an up grade, I can only get 5 HITV  channels. What do I do to enable  me watch all my channels for this month before waving both service providers Bye.

Please help, I am new in this aspect of engineering.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by foxteroh: 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2010
The best thing that has happened to me this season is fta but {1} thing is also erluding me and that is 2m.pls any person with the information please help
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by foxteroh: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2010
The best thing that has happened to me this season is fta but {1} thing is also erluding me and that is 2m.pls any person with the information please help
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 15, 2010
2M is not worth the stress at all, am just being candid
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by foxteroh: 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2010
2m please. I need the satellite name.freq,pol and symb rat.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by foxteroh: 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2010
2m please. I need the satellite name.freq,pol and symb rat.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ipheanyi: 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2010
Hi, Members, My hands are up. I must say more greece to your elbow in all effort to liberate us from the hands of suscription.

I have a strong decoder SRT 4653x,which I used to watch DSTV and HITV. My problem is after an up grade, I can only get 5 HITV channels. What do I do to enable me watch all my channels for this month before waving both service providers Bye.

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 7:52am On Mar 19, 2010
ipheanyi:

I have a strong decoder SRT 4653x,which I used to watch DSTV and HITV. My problem is after an up grade, I can only get 5 HITV channels. What do I do to enable me watch all my channels for this month before waving both service providers Bye.

rescan your decoder.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by aydot2: 11:57pm On Mar 20, 2010
Hi all, i'm new at this and going through your thread, i believe you guys can get me out of my mess. I got 2 hitv decoders and 2 dstv decoders connecting to one single cable and dish (using a four way splitter), but on scanning through the rf connection to my tvs, i can only view 1 of each i.e, 1hitv station and 1dstv station. pls i would be very grateful if you can assist me in resolving this matter.

thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ipheanyi: 11:05am On Mar 23, 2010
microgiant, I have re scanned the decoder. I still get the error message No Access. while it is the only 5 stations that is showing.

Someone help me with the latest firmware for srt4653x not the one on the strong technology web site. That one is for conax cards only
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2010
Ameboperoo:

Toba. Have u gotten your 69x yet? I couldn't get one here in Kogi I will have 2 send someone in Lag.

can i please ask if you reside in kogi as i do too.if yes then please call me on 08051283167 or 07027850721.
or better still drop your line and i will call you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.