Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? (1304 Views)

Meet Okorogheye Orisheneye David, 15-Year-Old Who Scored 9 A's In WAEC, 332 JAMB / Identical Twin Brothers Arrested For Alleged Exam Malpractice In Borno / Plateau And Oyo States Lead In Exam Malpractice In NECO Nov/Dec SSCE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by jarmy: 4:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
I have marked Mathematics scripts in WAEC for like five years now. In all that time i have not come across a centre where the candidates did not cheat. How did i know this:

1. Students write Mathematics terms in words e.g. 2y = 4 as "two y equals to four". This shows that the answers are being dictated to the students

2. Students answering the same set of questions, in the same order, making the same mistakes and using the same method.

3. Most times, the students end up scoring scores like 35%, 34% , 36%, 35% , 32% e.tc. These scores are quesitonable because there is little or no spread.

The above candidates may still manage to credit Mathematics if they can score at least 45 out of 50 in their objective. This is not difficult to do.

If a student scored 35% in theory and 45 in obective, his/her total score will be 80/150. If you reduce this to percentage, you get 53% which is a credit.

With this, I can say confidently that the results of most of your students were not obtained by their own effort.

WAY FORWARD

1. JAMB must be curbed from all forms of examination malpractices. This will help filter the cheats and savage our universities
2. Students should realised that if they cheat to pass WAEC they will have to continue to cheat all the days of their life.
3. Parents should stop arranging for special centres for their children.

You can add yours.

Who do you think is benefiting from this?
Re: Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by Spartanville(m): 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
The fault is wit dos special centre schools whose main purpose is to make money were student pay above 60k for waec and neco
Re: Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by phensbassey: 5:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
jarmy:
I have marked Mathematics scripts in WAEC for like five years now. In all that time i have not come across a centre where the candidates did not cheat. How did i know this:

1. Students write Mathematics terms in words e.g. 2y = 4 as "two y equals to four". This shows that the answers are being dictated to the students

2. Students answering the same set of questions, in the same order, making the same mistakes and using the same method.

3. Most times, the students end up scoring scores like 35%, 34% , 36%, 35% , 32% e.tc. These scores are quesitonable because there is little or no spread.

The above candidates may still manage to credit Mathematics if they can score at least 45 out of 50 in their objective. This is not difficult to do.

If a student scored 35% in theory and 45 in obective, his/her total score will be 80/150. If you reduce this to percentage, you get 53% which is a credit.

With this, I can say confidently that the results of most of your students were not obtained by their own effort.

WAY FORWARD

1. JAMB must be curbed from all forms of examination malpractices. This will help filter the cheats and savage our universities
2. Students should realised that if they cheat to pass WAEC they will have to continue to cheat all the days of their life.
3. Parents should stop arranging for special centres for their children.

You can add yours.

Who do you think is benefiting from this?

HE THAT IS WITHOUT SIN, SHOULD CAST THE FIRST STONE...
Re: Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by zibi5: 7:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
Preach on brother Preach on...When will neco result be out?
Re: Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by sathel(m): 10:44pm On Aug 30, 2016
Nice one brother, even FG is not helping matters by scraping p.utme
Re: Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by lilmax(m): 10:48pm On Aug 30, 2016
phensbassey:
HE THAT IS WITHOUT SIN, SHOULD CAST THE FIRST STONE...
I guess the post is for this guy because I can see it speaking to him grin
Re: Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by phensbassey: 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
lilmax:
I guess the post is for this guy because I can see it speaking to him grin
. no it's for everyone who has cheated one way or the other...X-;
Re: Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by lilmax(m): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2016
phensbassey:
. no it's for everyone who has cheated one way or the other...X-;
Yea right, so what brought about he who's without sin? op is trying to reduce malpractice and you are here saying he who's without sin..... are you saying everyone should keep quiet about exam malpractice?
Re: Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by phensbassey: 12:17am On Sep 01, 2016
lilmax:
Yea right, so what brought about he who's without sin? op is trying to reduce malpractice and you are here saying he who's without sin..... are you saying everyone should keep quiet about exam malpractice?
am not saying everyone should keep quiet, only those who are guilty... op AND the likes have probably aided someone during exams...WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT?,
Re: Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by jarmy: 9:28am On Sep 03, 2016
phensbassey:
am not saying everyone should keep quiet, only those who are guilty... op AND the likes have probably aided someone during exams...WHAT DO YOU CALL THAT?,
You are right, majority of us have been involved in exam malpractice before either directly or indirectly. What makes it wrong is to continue in it. you can not cheat and make lasting success.
Re: Examination Malpractice In WAEC, NECO E.t.c. Who Is Benefiting? by phensbassey: 1:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
jarmy:
You are right, majority of us have been involved in exam malpractice before either directly or indirectly. What makes it wrong is to continue in it. you can not cheat and make lasting success.
bamm, three bossa for you, your absolutely right...individually we have to stop..

(1) (Reply)

IELTS PREPARATION WEBSITE - IELTS MEGA / Total Scholarship Saga: Enough Is Enough! Twitter #savejvascholar / Importance Of Education To Any Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.