Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung (8857 Views)

Moses, Oshoala Win At The Nigerian Sports Awards 2017. See List Of Winners. / Nigerian Sports Legend Chris Enahoro Dead At Age 80 / 5th Edition Of The Nigerian Sports Award: See Full List Of Winners (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Topam: 5:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
The Minister of Sports, Mr. Solomon Dalung, on Tuesday replied those who have been calling for his sack after the nation’s poor outing at the 2016 Rio Olympics, saying he is not the problem of sports in Nigeria.

Dalung spoke to State House correspondents shortly after briefing President Muhammadu Buhari of the outcome of the Olympics where Nigeria got a bronze medal in the men’s football event.
The minister said poor performance in Nigerian sports pre-dated his appointment.

“I am not the problem of Nigerian sports. Abysmal performance has been happening before me,” he said.
The minister however attributed Team Nigeria’s poor outing at the Olympics to late release of funds and inability to develop home-grown talents.

Dalung said it was time Nigeria returned to the grassroots and groom talents for future competitions.
He also faulted the scrapping of the Nigerian Sports Commission, saying the commission was necessary.
The minister also said he was yet to be informed officially of the appointment of a new foreign coach for the Super Eagles by the Nigeria Football Federation.

‎‎The NFF had early this month selected a German, Gernot Rohr, to manage the Super Eagles.
He said although he was yet to be informed officially, he wished Rohr the best.

On the coach of the Dream XI team, ‎Samson Siasia, the minister expressed disappointment at the treatment meted to a coach whose team won the only medal at Rio’s Olympics by the NFF by withdrawing his official car in Abuja while he was battling to secure a medal for the country in Rio.

Dalung, who confirmed he met with Siasia a day before, said Nigeria still needed him ‎in football development.

He said even if the NFF would not re-engage him, the Federation should at least, give him some peace of mind to enable him make his contributions in a personal capacity.

He said it would be sad to lose Siasia out of frustration to another country who appreciates his worth, just like many athletes did as witnessed during the Rio Olympics.

On the $390, 000 donation to Siasia and his team by a Japanese surgeon, the minister said after he met the donor in Rio, he was convinced there were no strings like match-fixing, attached to the donation

http://punchng.com/im-not-nigerian-sports-problem-dalung/.

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by emamos: 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
Red beret man.

7 Likes

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Montaque(m): 7:17pm On Aug 30, 2016
Mr. Dalung, you just confirmed why u are a misfit in that office. You just confirmed that u have no initiative coming into that office.
All u said is just complain and the whining of a docile politician. Whyen will u start harmonising with the NFF and other sports body, schools and organisation so as to get a grasp of ur duties?
Infact, you are not "sportmanly"

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Kwamecron(m): 8:19pm On Aug 30, 2016
He does not kw why his appointed into dat pofolio

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by khattab02: 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2016
Yeah true talk minister!

But you are the captain steering the ship with lots lots of problems......

Abeg if you know say the cap no fit you find who e fit give am naa.......
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by khattab02: 9:07pm On Aug 30, 2016
Kwamecron:
He does not kw why his appointed into dat pofolio
he has shown that he is a misfit in that position. I think he forgot that ministers performance are checked and reviewed after a year or so... A minister deemed non performing can even be removed even before his tenure expire.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Simongm(m): 9:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
This man just dey fall my fall.
C-h-e-c-k my S-i-g-n-a-t-u-r-e.

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by androsurf: 8:32am On Aug 31, 2016
Naija I hail

Order for your advert videos at a cheap price. Contact me. Follow me on my nairaland thread and read what people are saying about my work and also watch the ad I made for nairaland >>> https://www.nairaland.com/3093128/amazing-video-advert-nairaland-best

You can also check our site to know more www.advertvideos..com

REASON WHY YOU NEED A VIDEO AD TO PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCTS/SERVICES/BLOG/WEBSITE

Some marketers are caught in the conundrum of trying to decide whether to embark on a video advertising campaign – or wondering why they’re already doing it. Put simply, if you’re not using video as part of your marketing strategy, you’ll be left behind. Here are nine reasons why.

1. Your customers are watching more video. The statistics prove that your target audience is watching video, which is probably the only benefit you need to hear:
92% of B2B prospects consume online video
4 billion videos are watched on YouTube every day
About one-third of shoppers will purchase a product after viewing a video ad
2. Video ads convert sales. The biggest names in online marketplaces, including Amazon and eBay, report that adding a video ad to a product description increases the chances of a shopper buying that item by up to 35%.

3. People share video. Those who view a video ad and find it interesting or valuable will share it with their followers on social media. In fact, more than 700 videos are shared by Twitter users every minute. This phenomenon can increase your video’s exposure exponentially.

4. Video ads do well among mobile users. The number of people watching videos on mobile devices continues its upward climb. One interesting statistic for companies distributing video is that 88% of short pieces, around 30 seconds, are watched through to the end on mobile. The same isn’t true for those viewing the ad on a computer.

5. Video is an excellent format for informing and educating. Because it incorporates audio and visual elements that appeal to multiple senses, video ads perform as well as educational tools. They’re especially effective when used for product demonstrations or in as How-To guides, as viewers can actually see how certain things work or learn a new skill.

6. Search engines love video. The biggest search engine companies put a priority on video content when making tweaks to the algorithms that present certain sites higher on the rankings page. Distributing videos via social media, posting them on blogs and embedding them on your website increases the likelihood that your target audience will find you when searching for relevant information.

7. A video conveys huge amounts of information in a short time. You can say more in a shorter amount of time on video as compared to text. Video is more engaging to the senses, so it can convey more information by showing and telling at the same time.

8. Video tells your story better than other formats. The emotional impact of video ads is significant. You make a more solid personal relationship when you’re storytelling through sight and sound, connecting a viewer’s emotions to your product or service.

9. Analytics are telling. The primary video sites, including Facebook and YouTube, include features that enable you to see how your content performs. Knowing the views, shares, likes and social interactions can help you plan future campaigns, which makes your content more effective at reaching your target audience.

If these advantages of video advertising don’t motivate you to get on board, here’s one more big reason to do it: Your competition is distributing videos and capturing the attention of your potential customers. Now, you no longer have to wonder if you should bring video into your marketing fold.
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Olutobasam(m): 8:33am On Aug 31, 2016
He doesn't know anything about sports. UNITED STATES OF NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 31, 2016
No, it's not you Mr Daluung, it's me. I'm Nigeria's sports problem, abi?

2 Likes

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by VikAK: 8:34am On Aug 31, 2016
Who is ?
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by malton: 8:34am On Aug 31, 2016
This man talks too much, and most of the time, he talks nonsense.

Such a misfit.

Buhari succeeded in rendering my state's ministerial seat almost useless by appointing this man. I often feel ashamed whenever he talks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by yankeedude(m): 8:34am On Aug 31, 2016
The sports minister spoke with great reasoning at least for once.
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by NameChecker: 8:34am On Aug 31, 2016
->Who is the Problem of Nigeria Sport
-*Dalung is the problem of Nigeria Sport
->You mean me?
-*Yes You
->Couldn't Be
-*Then Who?
-> . . . . Maybe Buhari

6 Likes

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by repogirl(f): 8:35am On Aug 31, 2016
You are part of it!

Even if you aren't , you are still responsible anyway.

You are not part of it and you were talking rubbish in your press conference.
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by MadCow1: 8:36am On Aug 31, 2016
But he is definitely not a part of the solution either... angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by PrinceAbinibi: 8:37am On Aug 31, 2016
I guess they should change the meaning of problem then
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Forzap: 8:37am On Aug 31, 2016
Dis weyrey minister sad

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2016
This man is a black sheep to the PMB's administration, he's grossly incompetent. Let him be replaced with Mallam Bolaji Abdullahi from Kwara, the man was one of the rarest positives from GEJ cabinet.
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Nairadays: 8:39am On Aug 31, 2016
Be the solution then, we all know there are many stone throwers in the glass house
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by ANBAKO: 8:41am On Aug 31, 2016
But you are a chunk of the problem

No single solution was proffered to the present state of sport in Nigeria....

Nonesense!!!!
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by robosky02(m): 8:42am On Aug 31, 2016
ok wait they will soon give you all the reason why
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by letsbet(m): 8:43am On Aug 31, 2016
Hmmm
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by deebrain(m): 8:44am On Aug 31, 2016
True.

Read the scriptures.

From the creation, it only took one man to bring the end of a matter.

You are not the problem. But you are, by prophecy, he that will finally put sports in Nigeria in the coffin of history-- Despite the resurrection we thought we voted!
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by geostrata(m): 8:46am On Aug 31, 2016
grin
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by OsamaB: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2016
Yea but you are making it worse Mr Minister
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by MrMcJay(m): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2016
You are not the problem and you are not the solution.

Mr Dalung, you must lead, follow or get out of the damn way!

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 31, 2016
Clueless man! Smh
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Phiniter(m): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2016
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by eleko1: 8:58am On Aug 31, 2016
angry Bubu sack dis hopeless, thief now angry angry angry
Re: I’m Not Nigerian Sports’ Problem – Dalung by Akinz0126(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2016
We should better blame buhari afterall he was the 1 who appointed this dumb Ass.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Striker With No Goal In His 24 Years Career / LASPARK Partners Red Bull On Alausa Basketball Court Upgrade / Should Siasia Be Sacked Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.