Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:14 PM

Nigerian Embassies / Passport Office, USEFULL Or USELESS? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Embassies / Passport Office, USEFULL Or USELESS? (668 Views)

At Ikoyi Passport Office, Old Things Pass Away As Facility Leaves Applicants / My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos / How Effective Are Nigerian Embassies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Embassies / Passport Office, USEFULL Or USELESS? by WestAfrican: 1:26am On Aug 31, 2016
I was just wondering if anyone has had an exceeded expectation or wow factor from a Nigerian Embassy overseas cum abroad / Passport office at home.

I have had the opprtunity of visiting different embassies for visa purposes or to seek information and I can assure you that the treatment I received has been 100 folds better than how my embassies overseas or passport office do.

We Nigerians take our previledge of service as a position of authority. Forgetting our primary duty is to serve the people.

My question is, do we have a body that look into issues like this? If anyone has complained in the past, were your complaints heard and acted upon?

In Singapore, Japan, Malaysia and Australia I have lived in; there are separate bodies for certain complains and these bodies even thou operated by the government are there for the interest of the masses and not for the government or private organizations.

I had a New Zealand visa denied in 2012 on the ground I wont return to Australia after my visit. I appealed the decision until it got to the office of the immigration minister. Is that possible in Nigeria? Never!

For the past one week, I have not been able to contact Nigerian Embassy in Canberra. You can't even leave a message as the message box is full. They hardly reply your email. How would you expect one to travel 4-6hr by air and road to the embassy and what is the assurance your problem will be addressed?

The best Nigerian embassy I have dealt with is the one in Tokyo. They are helpful and efficient in every way. Is it because they have been influenced by the Japanese culture? It is very disheartening the way we are been treated by our own country men in office. Some Nigerians overseas are in search of Jobs but only minutiae make into the Embassy because locals have been given the jobs.

Pleass have your say if you have had a good or bad experience(s) with the Nigerian Embassy or Passport Offices and advice on how we can made our voices heard by the top authority.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Embassies / Passport Office, USEFULL Or USELESS? by Solitin40: 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
Sir,
This write is very nice.Let us continue praying for the better Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Oba Femi Awolowo University Students Escaped Death (photos) / Sallah Tragedy; Drunk Driver Crashes His Danfo Bus On Lagos Highway. Photos / Tax Exemption Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.