Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Transit Visa Requirement: - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Transit Visa Requirement: (5927 Views)

Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July / Do I Need An Airport Transit Visa? / France Cancels Transit Visa For Nigerian Passengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Transit Visa Requirement: by young(m): 12:41am On Oct 03, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I was Applying to one of the Belize University in Central America. Here in my Country Nigeria they dont have Embassy or High Commission which can help in process of Visa.

The School said i have to Transit through British High Commission, which mean i have to get a Transit Visa from UK Embassy.

My Question is:

What are the Check list of Airside Transit Visa from UK?
What the Necessary Document i need to tender in other to been given Transit visa Permit?

Any Respond contributed will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Niass.
Re: Transit Visa Requirement: by OAM4J: 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2009
Check the following websites for all the information you need

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/ this is for the agency that handles all visa application (VFS Global)
http://ukinnigeria.fco.gov.uk/en (This is UK website where u get all information about their visa and requirements)

Let me quickly say that the checklist (requirement for each visa type is on the last page of each visa application, so download the visa application first

Go to this website to download application forms. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs

IF you check the list of all the applications forms very well. There are two types of transit visa you can apply for: Direct Airside Transit and (If you are not changing Airport) and Visitor in Transit (If you are changing airport – which means you will have to come out of 1 airport and go through the city to another airport)

Since you said you are going to Central America, to the best of my knowledge most Airlines (BA and Virgin) that will take you through UK to central America will require you change airport because all their flights coming from Nigeria terminate at Heathrow and all their flight going to Central America leave from Gatwick Airport both in London.

I must say they are lot more strict when giving out the Visitor in transit visa for fear of the person disappearing within the town, so the requirements are more. This explains why lots of people going to that region don’t get Transit visa easily except if they have been to UK before, as it was in my case when I needed to apply for transit coming to Jamaica.

But someone I know got through; he went with emirate to London Gatwick and connected Virgin Atlantic from Gatwick to Central America. So all he needed was a Direct Airside Transit visa, which he got easily since he wasn’t changing airport.

Part of the visa requirement is you flight booking, So you will need to contact a good travel agent to help you do a flight booking (You don’t have to pay until you have your visa – just the flight booking) because the information in your booking will be part of what you will fill on your application, and they also need to see the booking from the airline or flight agent.

The application process takes 5 to 10 working days.

I hope this information will give you a good start if you need more info post it here and I will be glad to help.

Please there are scammers around so be careful.
Re: Transit Visa Requirement: by young(m): 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2009
Thanks for your Respond.

Do you have any Genuine Agent Information which can help?
Re: Transit Visa Requirement: by OAM4J: 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2009
Why do you want an agent? You dont need any agent to handle this. You can handle it yourself. Its not difficult.
Download the form and the visa requirents,
Do a flight booking with the airlines or let a aregistered airline agent help you do the booking,
fill the form and get all the requirements,
go to the VFS global and submit. What's difficult about that?
Re: Transit Visa Requirement: by young(m): 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2009
Ok, I understand it clearly.

Thanks once more. Is there any Cheap Airline you know of? Name it and also there Price please.
Re: Transit Visa Requirement: by smoothman(m): 4:10am On Oct 22, 2009
Please i want to make enquires from you on about Austria and not only that,What is the easiest means of getting your papers in Europe
I need your advice and help too coz am about travelling within the next 3 weeks.
So please here is my email address, desmondduke4real@yahoo.com, Am a skilled worker and have so many talents and skills which they will be needing seriously over there.
You can just write me a HI in my email and i will reply to you, Thanks

@ nairaland
If you live in EU or have strong close relatives there,Please do reply me on the same topic,

Best Regards To All Nairalanders

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Transport Cost From Sango Ota To Ilorin / Please How Do I Get To Surulere From Ikorodu / Nigerian Reunion In Atlanta June 30- July 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.