Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,541 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:35 PM

History Tuesdaay - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / History Tuesdaay (313 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

History Tuesdaay by rayleebelle: 11:01am On Aug 31, 2016
Wole Soyinka, born Akinwande Oluwole Babatunde Soyinka into a Yoruba family in Abeokuta, is a Nigerian playwright and poet. He was awarded the 1986 Nobel Prize in Literature, making him the first African to be honored in that category.

Recently, precisely on the 13th July, 2016, Soyinka hit four scores and two years (82) and these are some of his quotes, (I have put them in categories) that if reflected upon, can improve our outlook on life.

On having and maintaining a well-defined personality.

1. Each time I think I've created time for myself, along comes a throwback to disrupt my private space. Wole Soyinka

2. One has a responsibility to clean up one's space and make it livable as far as one's own resources go. That includes not only material resources, but psychological resources: the commitment of time and a portion of your mind to something when you'd rather be doing something else. Wole Soyinka

3. I am a glutton for tranquility. Wole Soyinka

4. I like my peace and quiet whenever I can grab it. Wole Soyinka

On books and education.

1. And I believe that the best learning process of any kind of craft is just to look at the work of others. Wole Soyinka

2. The greatest threat to freedom is the absence of criticism. Wole Soyinka

3. Books and all forms of writing are terror to those who wish to suppress the truth. Click the link to read more: https://insidify.com/discovery/history-tuesday:-28-times-wole-soyinka%E2%80%99s-quotes-inspired-us.

(1) (Reply)

Please Read / Oil & Gas Softwares & Training Materials Available In Lagos, Ph, Abuja,warri, / OPEC Agrees On Production Cut!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.