Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria (2624 Views)

"Mark Zuckerberg Should Zuck Off And Quit" - Investor Scott Stringer Says / "Apple Is Not Consumer Friendly" - Zuckerberg Fires Back At Apple's CEO Tim Cook / Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by TechPill: 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
Yes we now have more information on Mark zuckerberg visit to Nigeria. According to APO, Mark is not here just to make press conference but he is here to also learn, listen and get ideas home on how Facebook can better support tech development and entrepreneurship across Africa.

Mark will be using his time to meet with developers and partners, explore Nollywood and to also visit Yaba technology hub in Lagos. One of his first stop was the visit to ‘Summer of Code Camp’ at the Co-Creation Hub (CcHub) in Yaba, known as the Silicon Valley of Nigeria. After the visit Mark zuckerberg, CEO of facebook has this to say:

“This is my first trip to sub-Saharan Africa. I’ll be meeting with developers and entrepreneurs, and learning about the startup ecosystem in Nigeria. The energy here is amazing and I’m excited to learn as much as I can.

“The first place I got to visit was the Co-creation Hub Nigeria (CcHUB) in Yaba. I got to talk to kids at a summer coding camp and entrepreneurs who come to CcHub to build and launch their apps. I’m looking forward to meeting more people in Nigeria.”

He also visit Andela -- an engineering organization that is building the next generation of technical leaders in Africa. Andela is the brain behind turning a group of talented technologists in Africa and refine them into a world class developers via a four year program. This got Mark zuckerberg attention and prompt the facebook CEO to invest in Andela's innovative model of learning. Andela director, Seni Sulyman has this to say:

We are excited and honored to welcome Mark Zuckerberg to Lagos. His visit reinforces not only his support of Andela’s mission, but his belief that indeed the next generation of great technology leaders will come out of Lagos, Nigeria and cities across Africa. Andela has created a platform for passionate, driven software developers and engineers to break into the global tech ecosystem, but the barriers to entry are still very high. Mark’s visit demonstrates to all Nigerian developers and entrepreneurs that they’ve caught the attention of the tech world, and they are capable of succeeding on a truly global level.”

At the end of yesterday Mark stop by an ExpressWifi stand in Lagos which is owned by Rosemary Njoku. Facebook’s Express WiFi lets entrepreneurs like Rosemary set up a hot spot to help their community access apps and services built by local developers. There will be more event today, Techpill will update you as it unfold stay glue here.

Source: http://www.techpill.net/2016/08/these-are-reason-mark-zuckerberg-visit.html

seun, lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by TechPill: 3:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
cool?
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by mhizAnnie(f): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ok...I hope this turns out right for us and I also hope pipo in power won't use this as an Avenue to sponge off the poor masses
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by Davedoz(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
Wonderful
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by Opistorincos(m): 7:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
Let's just hope it'll turn out to be something good
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by barclayb(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
Just passing
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by ruggedadventure(m): 9:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nice one
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by 00Ademi(m): 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
hmn..... dah mark knw wetin him dey do o.... u think say na fool..... waiting....
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by PoeticJazco(m): 1:02am On Sep 01, 2016
it is a lie..

the main reason he came was to beg those Nigeria boys to stop scamming foreign women on Facebook because they are using his platform to turn into millionaires.
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 01, 2016
OK. When him go visit Abtech for Kano, Kaduna
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by Brainiacbbb(m): 8:02am On Sep 01, 2016
Good to know.
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by Raydos: 8:21am On Sep 01, 2016
cool cool cool cool cool Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks For Stopping By - I Hope You Enjoyed My Company Yesterday! - I Can't Believe You Could Sleep In My House Yesterday smiley smiley Thank You Bro
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 01, 2016
He came to steal ideas. Just give it time... No wonder they think we're dumb undecided
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by ecu120(m): 9:26am On Sep 01, 2016
Raydos:
cool cool cool cool cool Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks For Stopping By - I Hope You Enjoyed My Company Yesterday! - I Can't Believe You Could Sleep In My House Yesterday smiley smiley Thank You Bro

Hmmm
Re: These Are The Reason Mark Zuckerberg Visit Nigeria by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 01, 2016
I'm not impressed at all. Mark w t f you doing here now that our economy is collapsing?

Edited: economic recession

(1) (Reply)

Phonepe Android Mobile App Download / Why Not Buy The $109 Bezel-less Kiicaa Mix Smartphone / A Advice On Using Any Third Party Power Solution. Zinox Power Bank.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.