Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,680 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware (23029 Views)

First 5 Things You Should Do After Buying A Brand New Android Smartphone / 5 Signs That Shows Your Android Smartphone Is Infected With Malware / Misstechy unboxes the PhonePad 3! Tecno’s attempt at a Smartphone-Tablet Hybrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Reediano(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
The Android OS is an open source platform which gives room to lots of customizations, modification, tweaking and it's also one of the few platforms that allows you to install apps from third party source. Why this might be an advantage to the Android users over other mobile operating systems, it also comes with lots of disadvantage.

The porosity of the Android platform makes it a major target for cyber criminals. One of the worst things that can ever happen to your Android smartphone is malware infection. Any Android smartphone that gets infected becomes almost useless with time as the malware gradually spread around your smartphone thereby taking over most of your phones activities.

Some people's device have been infected by malware but they don't know how to detect it. So in this post I will be explaining in details 7 different signs that will show if your device has been infected or not.

=>1. Automatic Installation of Spam Apps.
This is one of the most common signs and most times it's the first thing that happens when your phone gets infected. If you start noticing strange apps that you don't remember ever installing on your device then there is a great chance your phone has been infected. Most of this apps are almost impossible to uninstall as they automatically change to system apps. It is advisable at this stage to disable"Allow installation of apps from Unknown sources" from security settings, before searching for a permanent solution.

=> 2. Frequent Irrelevant Ads
when your Android smartphone gets infected, your phone will always be filled with irrelevant ads, irrespective of what you are doing with it or whatever app you are currently using. You will always get frequent pop-up ads whenever internet connectivity is available.

=> 3. Connectivity Turning On By Itself
Of course before ads can appear on your mobile phone, internet connection must be available and that is one of those things cyber criminals try to take care of when attacking your smartphone. So most times another thing you will notice when your phone is infected is that both your mobile data and WiFi turns on by itself. Sometimes it also affects the Bluetooth. No matter how many times you try to turn them off, they will always come on again automatically.

=> 4. Sudden Increase In Data Usage
If it happens that your data connection always comes on by itself and unwanted spam ads are always automatically downloaded then this will surely have an effect on your data usage. So if you notice a strange increase on your data consumption. You might want to check your data usage settings just to be sure if the increase in data usage was caused by your increase usage or some apps you rarely make use of as malware can also lead to situations like that.

=> 5. Frequent Phone Lagging
If you by any chance let malicious apps gain access into smartphone, Then they literally take control of your device by constantly installing unwanted apps automatically and also pushing pop ads to your phone. When this happens, you will notice that your phone will start hanging more than it used to and the general performance of your phone will continue to reduce everyday by day until your phone becomes almost useless.

=> 6. Phone Overheating
It's normal for most phones to get a bit hot when using it a lot. But it's abnormal when your phone starts overheating even when you are not using it at all. If you start noticing this on your smartphone, you might want to clear up unwanted apps and make sure you always kill background apps when not in use. But if it still continues there might be malware on your phone which runs in the background even when you are not using your phone.

=> 7. Battery Draining Fast
When you have malware installed on your phone, it will always run in the background even when you try installing app killers, they won't be effective on them in any way whatsoever. When this happens, you will surely start noticing most of those signs mentioned above like your phone lagging or overheating which will affect your battery performance. So if you notice a sudden drop in your phone's battery performance then it might either be that your battery is bad or you have some malicious apps draining your battery in the background.

So guys here are just few major signs you will notice when your Android smart device gets infected. The really good thing about this is that you can actually prevent your smartphone from being infected by any of the malware out there.
I recently posted an article on fee safety measures to prevent your phone from getting infected, but In case you missed it then you can check it out by clicking on this Link.

Source: http://www.yomitech.com/2016/08/5-signs-that-shows-your-android.html

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Sphilip1(m): 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
You've said it all. But

[size=24pt]Android Needs These 3 Windows 10 Mobile Features[/size]
At first you may ask, are our Android devices not cool enough?

Of course there are some cool and stylish launchers that will rock your Android phone but there are still some Window 10 mobile features that if only Android can adopt, will make our android devices more awesome.

Let’s quickly dive in and check out what these features are. http://www.techkibay.com/2016/06/android-needs-3-windows-10-mobile-features.html
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Flashh: 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
OK, what are/is the solution(s)?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by wigo: 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
You did well bro

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Toluwani113: 6:17am On Sep 01, 2016
lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by gentlegenius(m): 6:32am On Sep 01, 2016
Nice Information
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Abayor7: 6:55am On Sep 01, 2016
Toluwani113:

Than you
mumu, you don't have to quote the whole post posting this blooperous comment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by franugo(m): 7:49am On Sep 01, 2016
COOL InfO
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Sleekydee(m): 8:05am On Sep 01, 2016
Flashh:
OK, what are/is the solution(s)?.

goan format it.

1 Like

Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Toluwani113: 8:27am On Sep 01, 2016
Abayor7:
mumu, you don't have to quote the whole post posting this blooperous comment
NEVER in your life call me MUMU or else...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Reediano(m): 8:39am On Sep 01, 2016
Toluwani113:

Thank you

I wanted to post a thread on how to remove this malwares but have been having issues posting a new topic... **Server overwhelmed ish**

But you can try this out... https://www.nairaland.com/3325197/5-best-antivirus-anti-malware-apps#3325197.5
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Reediano(m): 8:40am On Sep 01, 2016
Sphilip1:
Greetings #yomitech.

Coming from techkibay

You are sighted bro cheesy
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Reediano(m): 8:42am On Sep 01, 2016
Flashh:
OK, what are/is the solution(s)?.
Tutorial on that coming soon ....
http://www.yomitech.com/2016/08/5-ways-to-protectguard-your-android.html
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Reediano(m): 8:45am On Sep 01, 2016
To protect your phone against malware attack, check out
5 Ways To Protect/guard Your Android Smartphone Or Tablet Against Malware Attack

https://www.nairaland.com/3306449/5-ways-protect-guard-android

^^^^^^
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 01, 2016
Thanks op... I have experienced all the above you listed up there..
Nothing annoys me than the constant installation of apps... Worse part they when straight to my rom making it impossible to uninstall... I have made used of almost all the antivirus I know of, yet no solution.....

Until I came across "Stubborn Trojan Killer" walahi this is the best antivirus I've ever used...
Thanks to it my phone is free from those crazy virus.
No more auto switching on of my Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and data...no more auto installations, no more ads, no more switching off of my phone.....

5 Likes

Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Topam: 9:12am On Sep 01, 2016
Nice
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by geostrata(m): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2016
grin
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Mandynews(f): 9:12am On Sep 01, 2016
Nice one! Please Eclipse of the sun happen for your side?
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by KahlDrogo(m): 9:13am On Sep 01, 2016
Wow. Great. I learned something.
IVORY2009 come and see this.
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by geostrata(m): 9:14am On Sep 01, 2016
cheesy

it is very obvious that there is recession malware in my phone!!!

so te my MB and airtime wey i dy use under the last administration no dy last long again angry angry angry
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by akp202(m): 9:14am On Sep 01, 2016
Haven identify d problem what therefore is d solution?
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by ItsawrapOutfit: 9:15am On Sep 01, 2016
Thanks for sharing
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Goyim: 9:15am On Sep 01, 2016
This only applies to Lagdroid phones, not superior iOS.

-Still using android

I feel bad for you, fam

Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by McBrooklyn(m): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2016
Nice One Op cool

BTW, going to some virus infected websites to download stuffs can also infect your phone with same virus cool

#Back From Ban For Expressing My Candid Opinion angry
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by ROZZAYY(f): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2016
nice info op, rushing to my settings to go and switch off install apps from unknown source BTW HNM people
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by McBrooklyn(m): 9:16am On Sep 01, 2016
Goyim:
This only applies to Lagdroid phones, not superior iOS.
-Still using android
I feel bad for you, fam

Mtcheeeew! Why not buy an IOS phone for all of us here before you start taking panadol on top another person headache undecided

Even Buhari sef no dey use IOS phone for this him Buharinized Era angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by annnikky(f): 9:16am On Sep 01, 2016
Gud info buh hw do we deactivate it then undecided
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by muareal: 9:17am On Sep 01, 2016
all na to still go format the phone go be solution nah
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Chidoskey59(m): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2016
Happend to my phone....had to flash the stock ROM to get the phone working properly.
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2016
Exactly how i lost my phantom !

So who must have infected it ?
Re: 5 Signs That Show Your Android Smartphone/tablet Has Been Infected By Malware by Goyim: 9:19am On Sep 01, 2016
annnikky:
Gud info buh hw do we deactivate it then undecided

By Microwaving the phone
I think theres an article about this on phonearena :^)

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tips To Save On Data / How To Flash Your Phone With USB Cable. / Glo Introduces 4x recharge bonus for subscribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.