Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

14 Astonishing Quotes From Mental Disorder Patients! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 14 Astonishing Quotes From Mental Disorder Patients! (461 Views)

I Have Ocd And Some Other Mental Disorder... I Hate Myself... Please Help... / ‘Doctor’ Sucks Patients’ Sperm In Minna, Niger State (Photo) / One In Every Four Nigerian Has Mental Disorder - Dr. Vincent Udenze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

14 Astonishing Quotes From Mental Disorder Patients! by frubben(m): 12:59am On Sep 01, 2016
On Reddit, a user asked psychiatrists/
psychologists about what the most profound
thing they have ever heard from their patients is. The responses are amazingly deep and they will help you to better understand the patients' conditions.

1."I don't wanna kill myself. I wanna kill the part of me that wants to kill myself."

2. "People don't do drugs to feel good. People do drugs to feel less bad."

3. "Imagine if every small decision felt like it had life or death consequences."
(From a patient describing living with an anxiety disorder.)

4. "My arms miss you."
(From a ten year old autistic boy asking for a
hug. These might be some of the deepest words ever spoken.)

5. "Feeling pain is better than feeling nothing."

6. "It's okay if I don't have any friends. Having friends makes you happy but it doesn't make you a good person. You know who was really popular? Hitler."
(From a child with autism who was struggling
with her difficulty making and keeping friends.)

7. "I feel like a ghost, walking around unseen in the backdrops of these other happy lives."
(From a 56-year-old alcoholic.)

8. "It's as if you've tripped and the moment where you don't know if you are going to catch yourself or not. That's how I feel all day."
(From a patient with Generalized Anxiety
Disorder.)

9. "We spend our whole lives trying to get to a certain place or acquire certain things so that we may be happy. But true happiness is when you realize you are never going to get to that place or that even when you do you will still be dreaming of a new place or new things. So happiness has to start now, with
what we have."
(From a patient recovering from body image
issues.)

10. "I like you Jace, I don't care what my voices say about you."
(From a client with Schizoaffective disorder.)

11. "I don't take my meds to fix me, because there's nothing wrong with me. I take them because everyone else is crazy and I need to fit in."
(From a patient with Bipolar disorder at a
nursing home.)

12. "I guess I missed the transition from when the ground was lava and imaginary friends became schizophrenia."

13. "An altruistic lover of truth and beauty." I then asked him how others would describe him: "Bit of a c*nt probably.
(This is the response the doctor got after he
asked his patient with Bipolar Disorder how the patient would describe himself. The doctor then asked him how others would describe him. The patient replied:
"Bit of a c*nt probably."wink

14. "The medication made the voices go away. I'm lonely now.
Re: 14 Astonishing Quotes From Mental Disorder Patients! by Nobody: 1:59am On Sep 01, 2016
Interesting quotes frm interesting set of people!!

HAPPY

NEW

MONTH!!

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Basil / Healthy Smoothie Boosting Your Health And Fitness / Eyebrite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.