Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:15 PM

Failure Of The School System: Schooled But Uneducated - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Failure Of The School System: Schooled But Uneducated (663 Views)

Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System / 10 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Ever Schooled In A Boarding School. / 19 Pictures You Will Relate To If You Schooled At MOUAU (Umudike) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Failure Of The School System: Schooled But Uneducated by elkonS: 1:11am On Sep 01, 2016
Most parents want their child to have a good education for a secured future .They want their child to make it to the top of the food chain. Most parents dread the thought of their child toiling at a menial job, underemployed, earning low wages, paying higher taxes and battling inflation all their lives.” you must finish school ”they say,” if you don’t finish school you will not be successful in life”, oh really? The aim of this piece is not to discourage education, (because certainly not everyone will be a CEO. someone just has to work for the CEO), but help us see how we wrongly assume and conclude. In case you don’t know the university is not for everybody actually, going to the university for some will do more injustice to them. And there are some who just have to go to the university, the employees of course grin grin.The message is this know your place and decide where you want to be on time.
FAILURE OF THE SCHOOL SYSTEM
The problem with our school system is they train students to be employees. You spend 4 years of your life learning how to seat behind a desk as an employee then spend another 40 years of your life sitting behind a desk as an employee probably not even using up to 10% of the theories you were taught in the university.
This is why school teachers and many parents continue to say” go to the university to get a good, high-paying job” few parents or teachers are saying” go to the university to learn to create good ,high paying jobs”.
“Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid”
-Albert Einstein
SCHOOLED BUT UNEDUCATED GRADUATES
Am I suggesting that you drop out of school? NO!! Or that school is not important? NO!! Education is very important, but then the question is what is education? And are you been educated in school? We are not oblivious to stories of Nigerian graduates who can’t construct a correct sentence in English or write a correct application letter, or those who can’t operate common Microsoft word. Some can’t even give a detailed plan of their life.
The deficient Nigerian education system produces over 400000 graduates every year of which most of them are even jobless before they graduate due to the irrelevance of their course of study in the 21st century. There are some who will be replaced by machines in the coming years, a system choked by fraud, nepotism, corruption. As a product of the system I can tell you first hand that most Nigerian graduates do not even deserve to be called graduates, many bought their way through many crammed their way through. In fact Nigerian Universities should be called “higher cramming institutions” not higher learning institutions cheesy cheesy.
I have lived with engineering students (4th year) who could not fix a simple torch light that had a simple plug problem and he would graduate with 2.1 and be proud of it, I have seen graduates who saw the Liberia flag and said it’s in the united states of America. Do we even talk of the lecturers most of them are stuck in the 19th/20th century; they are the ones who motivate cramming with their attitude of “you must give me back the way I gave it to you”. As an Architecture student in one of my defense (jury) I have had to argue with a lecturer who claimed the architect determines the size and position of columns in a building, I mean who does that? E ma gbami ke!! I just kept quiet nodding my head in the affirmative before she will say I’m proud and score me with pride. Lol. Most students don’t even read for exams they just get acquainted with the “system” of the lecturer and follow the system and there you have it.Graduates who can’t give 30 minutes speech of the relevance of their course to humanity, OMG! embarassed A system where failure is seen as an abomination not knowing failure is the school which champions in life graduate from. Funny enough you are not even called a failure for a better reason than could not regurgitate all the facts and figures as they gave it to you.
By now I know some of you are babbling wondering who this one is. Maybe he is one of those frustrated third class graduates? Well for your information I’m not a third class graduate in fact who your 2.1 or whatever grade epp? Ehn angry angry. Please save me the gist and tell that to seun osewa whose platform you are about to use to reply me who funny enough did not graduate from your hopeless universities. At least his platform is touching lives positively but you with all your degrees who you epp? Lol grin grin. Well I know by now you must have had a change of mind after I dished you that defensive line and you are wondering . “kuku tell us what to do ?” or “do we have a choice”. Lol yes you have a choice and yes I will tell you what to do but that will be In the next part. Till then please make a difference with the knowledge you got from school.

cc:mynd44 lalasticlala

source:www.voiceofaudacity.com
Re: Failure Of The School System: Schooled But Uneducated by Myself2(m): 5:15am On Sep 01, 2016
@ OP

Please check the second line of your second sub heading and correct that wrong spelling,,,,,,,,,

"It's not "Are you been educated..." but "Are you being educated,,,,"

(1) (Reply)

Chemistry, Biochemistry Or Industrial Chemistry? / Need For The Establishment Of Nigeria Society Of Criminologists / Latest: JAMB Results Validity Has Now Been Extended To 3 Years By The Senate - C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.