Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Know Your Love Language - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Know Your Love Language (1481 Views)

10 Ways To Know Your Woman Is A Keeper / "Your Boyfriend Deserves To Know Your Body Count" - Joro Olumofin To Ladies / What Is Your Love Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Know Your Love Language by KweenSisan(f): 10:10am On Sep 01, 2016
Did this and thought I should share..makes you understand you and your partner better..that's my result..you could know yours too...WHATYA THINK grin grin grin
[i]http://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/couple[/i]s/

The highest score indicates your primary love language - how you really understand the expressions of love from others. It’s common to have two high scores (the highest score being 12), although one language tends to have a slight edge for most people. The lower scores in your profile indicate those languages you seldom use to communicate love and which probably don’t affect you on an emotional level in your relationships.
9 Acts of Service
9 Receiving Gifts
8 Words of Affirmation
4 Quality Time
0 Physical Touch

Acts of Service Acts of Service

Can helping with homework really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an “Acts of Service” person will speak volumes. The words he or she most wants to hear: “Let me do that for you.” Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don’t matter. When others serve you out of love (and not obligation), you feel truly valued and loved.

Receiving Gifts Receiving Gifts

Don’t mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrous—so would the absence of everyday gestures. Gifts are heartfelt symbols to you of someone else's love and affection for you.

Words of Affirmation Words of Affirmation

Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important— hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. You thrive on hearing kind and encouraging words that build you up.

Quality Time Quality Time

In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Whether itʼs spending uninterrupted time talking with someone else or doing activities together, you deepen your connection with others through sharing time.

Physical Touch Physical Touch

A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, and thoughtful touches on the arm—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive. Appropriate and timely touches communicate warmth, safety, and love to you.

Understand your love language

Remember - this description just scratches the surface of one love language. There’s much more to help you really understand the love languages of you and others in Dr. Chapman’s book, The 5 Love Languages Singles Edition.

Not what you expected?

If the results don’t seem right, here are three other approaches to discovering your love language:

First, observe how you most often express love to others. If you are regularly doing acts of service for others, this may be your love language. If you are consistently, verbally affirming people, then Words of Affirmation is likely your love language.
What do you complain about most often? When a loved one says Happy Birthday and you respond, “You didn't get me anything?!” you are indicating that Receiving Gifts is your language. The statement, “We don’t ever spend time together,” indicates the love language of Quality Time. Your complaints reveal your inner desires. (If you have difficulty remembering what you complain about most often, I suggest that you ask a friend or family member. Chances are they will know.)
What do you request of others most often? If you are saying “Did I do a good job?” you are asking for Words of Affirmation. “Do you think we could hangout this weekend?” is a request for Quality Time. “Would it be possible for you to mow the grass this afternoon?” expresses your desire for Acts of Service.

Improve all your relationships

If you have not already done so, encourage your friends and loved ones to take the the Love Language Profile. Discuss your respective love languages, and use this insight to improve all your relationships!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Know Your Love Language by obiorathesubtle: 10:18am On Sep 01, 2016
Wida the colour riot na?

1 Like

Re: Know Your Love Language by KweenSisan(f): 10:27am On Sep 01, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
Wida the colour riot na?
..simply for difference..makes it easier to glance

1 Like

Re: Know Your Love Language by obiorathesubtle: 10:33am On Sep 01, 2016
KweenSisan:
..simply for difference..makes it easier to glance
You think? As long as it's lengthy, it isn't "easier to glance"
Re: Know Your Love Language by firstking01(m): 10:48am On Sep 01, 2016
Nice

1 Like

Re: Know Your Love Language by KweenSisan(f): 10:49am On Sep 01, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
You think? As long as it's lengthy, it isn't "easier to glance"
...there are readers and there are people who just glance...so the difference in colour text entices people who just glance to see more than they intended

1 Like

Re: Know Your Love Language by obiorathesubtle: 10:51am On Sep 01, 2016
KweenSisan:
...there are readers and there are people who just glance...so the difference in colour text entices people who just glance to see more than they intended
cheesy Goodluck wit that..

If it has little sexual content, you will get little attention..

2016 honey..
Re: Know Your Love Language by IamLEGEND1: 10:58am On Sep 01, 2016
I no get love language.

1 Like

Re: Know Your Love Language by KweenSisan(f): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
cheesy Goodluck wit that..

If it has little sexual content, you will get little attention..

2016 honey..
lol..you think?...am not exactly proud of your mentality

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Know Your Love Language by obiorathesubtle: 11:07am On Sep 01, 2016
KweenSisan:
Doesn't matter, you don't have better..
Re: Know Your Love Language by CaraJewel(f): 11:36am On Sep 01, 2016
Didnt understand ntin
Re: Know Your Love Language by KweenSisan(f): 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
CaraJewel:
Didnt understand ntin
visit the website
Re: Know Your Love Language by CaraJewel(f): 3:54pm On Sep 01, 2016
KweenSisan:
visit the website
No
Re: Know Your Love Language by KweenSisan(f): 8:20am On Sep 02, 2016
CaraJewel:
No
..lol..issokai
Re: Know Your Love Language by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 02, 2016
KweenSisan:

Baby! cheesy
Re: Know Your Love Language by KweenSisan(f): 10:29am On Sep 05, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Baby! cheesy
..I tell you
Re: Know Your Love Language by KweenSisan(f): 10:31am On Sep 05, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Baby! cheesy
..please take your love language test and post your result let's see..let me know if have been wasting my I love you's
Re: Know Your Love Language by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 05, 2016
KweenSisan:
..please take your love language test and post your result let's see..let me know if have been wasting my I love you's

I'm busy tongue
Re: Know Your Love Language by KweenSisan(f): 11:43am On Sep 05, 2016
Oliviaarims:

I'm busy tongue
mackerel like you
Re: Know Your Love Language by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 05, 2016
KweenSisan:
mackerel like you

Lol... Porcupine!

(1) (Reply)

Five Signs He/she Is Done With You / Why Do All Men Cheat / My Recent Discovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.