Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) (18746 Views)

FIFA 2018 VS PES 2018: Pick One / Fifa 17 Vs Pes 17 Graphics Comparison / FIFA 17 VS PES 17. Gamers Get In Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 01, 2016
September is here, and we all know what that means. It's battle of the football games, and once again FIFA 17 and PES 2017 are going head to head. But this year could perhaps be the toughest battle yet, with both titles really bringing their A-game in 2017.

We've been lucky enough to get early access to both titles and have put the two games against each other in order to give you some idea of which one you should spend your heard-earned dosh on this year.

The FIFA 17 release date has been confirmed for September 27, 2016. There's no word on when PES 2017 will arrive, but we expect it will launch around September too, as is the norm for Konami's football sim.

FIFA 17 VS PES 2017 - GRAPHICS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3fjoe5Njpc Fifa 17 trailer

EA Sports has made significant graphical improvements with FIFA this year by moving the series over to its Frostbite Engine. That's the same graphics engine that powers games like Battlefield 4, Battlefield 1 and Star Wars: Battlefront.

What that means for FIFA 17 is more realistic animations, enhanced facial and motion capture, along with triple the amount of animations to make your match feel even more exciting.

You'll also experience better lighting – playing Old Trafford at night was pretty impressive – along with gaining access to brand new areas of the pitch, such as changing rooms and the tunnels for the pre- and post-match interviews.
In FIFA 17, the stadium looks absolutely stunning, you feel the game, and at night matches especially playing at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge is a visual delight and the player faces looks realistic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qgFj4roRRY Pes 17 trailer

As for PES 2017, it's running on the same FOX engine it moved to in 2016 – the same engine that powers Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

This year, expect to see stadia revamps; better lighting, particularly at night; excellent rain; more active crowds and selectable celebrations.

Player models are vastly improved too, with Ozil and Giroud's likenesses particularly striking.

PES 17 is graphically stunning too. The on- field action is breathtaking. The ground looks amazing, the details are awesome and the player faces are excellent.

Gameplay

FIFA 17 gameplay has improved a lot. The game is very fluid, the other players automatically runs for the through balls between the gaps. There have been changes in set pieces as well, while tacking free kicks you get many options and corner settings has also been changed which gives the game a new look. The shooting has also improved. AI has improved too. The dynamics are good.
For FIFA 17, EA Sports is focusing on improving the gameplay in various key areas, from improving the AI, recreating set pieces, enhancing attacking techniques and giving you better ball control.

In the set pieces, you're looking at controlling exactly how the player approaches the ball for the first time, with the ability to change the camera angle as well. With free kicks, the camera now sits behind the player, allowing you to see the exact trajectory of the ball as you hoof it into goal.
For corners, things have got a lot more complex – whether that's good or bad will be up to you – with an aiming reticle allowing you to guide the ball into the penalty zone more carefully and the option to switch to the receiver before you kick so you know your players are in the right place.

You can now also move up and down the sideline for a throw-in and even do a cheeky fake throw to put off the opposing defenders.
FIFA 17

What we love about the physical play overhauls is that you can now jostle opponents, protect the ball better while you dribble and hopefully make sure you keep possession for longer. You can also now bring the ball down to your feet from a header, which is something missing from all previous FIFA titles.

But there are also the great improvements being made to the AI to consider. Suddenly you'll find your computer-controlled teammates making much better use of the space on the pitch, moving out into the wider spaces and even dragging defenders out of position so you can make better passes.

Like FIFA 17, there are a lot of new gameplay features coming to PES 2017 and perhaps the most important – or at least most requested – is the improvement to goalkeepers.

Suddenly the goalies are capable of some fantastic feats, all of which are on an individual basis. So that means Tottenham's Hugo Lloris is as aerially gifted as he is in the real world, while Bayern Munich's Manual Neuer is all good feet and strong hands.

Plus, they'll all come up for corners when you make your tactics super attacking, just like they used to.

Konami has also listen to fans and made the game less arcade-like, with a focus on ball physics and player touch that both combine to make you feel like you're controlling the actual team you should be, rather than just Team A or Team B – something which FIFA 17 is still guilty of.

Finally statistical attributes and position play their part to make sure players excel in certain areas and are weaker in others.

Then you've got the new tactical defences that you map to the d-pad using the Advanced Instructions settings, which range from Barcelona's Tika-Taka in possession to Jürgen Klopp's Gegenpressing in defence.

PES 2017 also has a new gameplay feature called Adaptive AI, which actually seems to make a very subtle yet noticeable difference. It means that the opposing team in PES 2017 will be watching the moves you make and adapting their defences accordingly.

Overuse any player or route too much and the defenders will shift to compensate. It will certainly force you to switch up your play.

there is control reality feature which makes it very realistic. The game is very physical now like the real life. The One Touch passing feature adds a lot of fun in this game. Every player has a different style of passing, controlling and it makes you completely engage while playing. The AI is excellent, players react to different situations, and defenders mark your best player and much more. The goalkeepers have been improved a lot from its predecessors and they make stunning saves now.
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 01, 2016
Match Presentation

When it comes to match presentation, PES can’t match FIFA. The match presentation of FIFA 17 is awesome. The crowd looks livelier and the stadium atmosphere is very realistic. The emotions of the players look better. The commentary in FIFA 17 is great. PES 17 is also good in presentation but the commentators sound repetitive. In PES 17, crowd looks great but it can’t recreate the stadium atmosphere like FIFA.

Modes - Online

Konami has announced some changes to My club. Scouts are now easily available through the auction house which makes it easier to find the player you are looking for. There is a brand new team analysis tool as well. FIFA is still dominating with its Ultimate Team mode and it’s very addictive. We will not compare them so much as still the details are not out properly.

Modes - Offline

In PES 17, the career mode has been more customised. The career mode is more realistic now. Transfer negotiations have been improved.
But FIFA 17 still has a better manager mode. Real life Managers will also be seen in FIFA 17 such as Jose Mourinho, Pep Guardiola, and Arsene Wenger etc. In career mode, PES 17 still has that become a Legend mode. While in FIFA 17, there is a new story mode. The name of the mode is ‘The Journey’. In this players will follow the career of Alex Hunter, a young hopeful looking to make his way from academy to club level and international level. This is the first ever story mode in a FIFA. There will be press conferences, and your different decisions will impact the storyline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9LHzVEPodg

The biggest new addition to FIFA 17 is the new story mode known as The Journey. In it you play as Alex Hunter, an up-and-coming football star looking to sign with one of the Premiership Teams. But it's up to you to help Alex achieve his dreams, because The Journey is actually all about your performance, the various decisions you make on and off the pitch and the ultimate story you weave.

You'll also need to decide what position you'll play – although they're limited to attacking positions because we doubt a wing-back's career would be quite so cinematic.

Professional players like Marcus Rashford and Harry Kane have been consulted to make sure Hunter's journey is realistic too. EA has also sought out help from the BioWare team to make sure the narrative-driven moments are up to scratch.

But of course, there will still be the normal Career and Manager modes along with Ultimate Team. We've just not been given a look at those as of yet.

Strangely enough, Konami hasn't talked about any of the modes coming to PES 2017. During our hands-on gameplay sessions, we only got to try the regular kick-off mode.

We hope we'll see the return of the Master League along with PES's answer to Ultimate Team, MyClub.

PES 2107 should also retain the Champions and Europa League cup competitions too.

We should hear more about the full list of PES 2017 modes before its September launch though.

1 Like

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by NoGawking: 11:20am On Sep 01, 2016
What about the commentary

To me this is the only thing fifa out edge pes

3 Likes

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 01, 2016
Tactics

In PES 17, there is much tactical flexibility. You can play tiki taka style, gegenpressing, crowding the midfield and many more tactical options. FIFA has never been so flexible in terms of tactics, But we still don’t’ have any details regarding the tactics in FIFA 17.

Licenses

Of course, it's usually FIFA that comes off best in the licenses stake, but this year PES 2017 has upped its game. The two teams Konami is currently permitted to license from the Premier League this year are Arsenal and Atlético Madrid. There are four from the Bundesliga too, but they're not playable yet.

But, for the first time, PES 2017 will be introducing a custom kit editor to sidestep the licensing issues.

"I appreciate guys who play PES really want to have authentic kits," said Adam Bhatti, PES's global product and brand manager to Digital Spy, "but there's some features in edit mode that we can announce later at E3 that will definitely appease that."

As we said, kit edit mode confirmed.

Because FIFA 17 is still the official FIFA videogame, it'll always have the edge here. We're not sure what the full and official roster is as yet, but no doubt it'll still win out in this round.

In terms of authenticity, FIFA is still ahead of PES. In FIFA there are official domestic leagues such as Premier League, Bundesliga, Liga BBVA etc. PES 17 has official licences of UEFA Champions League, Europa League and Copa Libertadores. But Konami has struck an exclusive league with FC Barcelona which means Camp Nou will not feature in FIFA 17. The licences and more stadiums make FIFA a far more than authentic game than PES.

1 Like

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 01, 2016
NoGawking:
What about the commentary

To me this is the only thing fifa out edge pes

To be honest bro, I'm a Fifa supporter but the competition is becoming really tough....I believe that Fifa is ahead of Pes on all the off-field play, the on-field is really crazy in both games though...
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 01, 2016
Can PES 17 play well on HP Elitebook 6930p laptop?
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 01, 2016
Bubewilson:
Can PES 17 play well on HP Elitebook 6930p laptop?

Sorry bro, your laptop specs are very low for games like Fifa or Pes.... Consider getting a Corei7, i5, i3 with Amd or Radeon or Nvidia graphics.....

But to get the best PS4 feeling on PC, go for an Alienware wink
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 01, 2016
Cc Computerboy
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Sorry bro, your laptop specs are very low for games like Fifa or Pes.... Consider getting a Corei7, i5, i3 with Amd or Radeon or Nvidia graphics.....

But to get the best PS4 feeling on PC, go for an Alienware wink
lols guess you don't know the class of machine Elitebook is on.
For the records I have had PES 2013 running on it since 2012 (uni days) uptill now.

Thanks for recommendations anyway.

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
Bubewilson:
lols guess you don't know the class of machine Elitebook is on.
For the records I have had PES 2013 running on it since 2012 (uni days) uptill now.

Thanks for recommendations anyway.

Well, i only judged based on the specs of the laptop.. Not every laptop plays Fifa 14 upwards, have you tried that on it too?
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Well, i only judged based on the specs of the laptop.. Not every laptop plays Fifa 14 upwards, have you tried that on it too?
Am not a fan of FIFA though. Thanks anyway.
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
Bubewilson:
Am not a fan of FIFA though. Thanks anyway.

Woah!, you've got to try it out bro.. Best soccer game ever! cheesy
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Woah!, you've got to try it out bro.. Best soccer game ever! cheesy
woooow I never knew that. PES impressed me right from the onset so I stuck to it.

Thanks for the recommendation, will try my hands on Fifa soon.
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by computerboy: 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
Timely reminder!
Well. ..I'm no longer interested in what FIFA has to offer. There will never be a crack unless you have around 13k to buy. Lemme stick with my PES for now. can't wait to see how it plays on my new ultrabook
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by iPopAlomo(m): 2:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
FIFA is shit and will always be shit... PES till Enyimba wins the UEFA champions league... I admit pes 2014 & 2015 was below par... I'm an honest gamer... but football has always been about gameplay... until FIFA gets that... core gamers would always stick to PES...

if you want to play animation football... abeg watch cartoon network... Americans know nothing about the game of football...

4 Likes

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Suspect33(m): 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
All PES needs is the official license to all leagues, FIFA got outstaged in 2016 and i dont see them getting a comeback soon, PES has taken the pace

1 Like

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Suspect33(m): 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2016
iPopAlomo:
FIFA is shit and will always be shit... PES till Enyimba wins the UEFA champions league... I admit pes 2014 & 2015 was below par... I'm an honest gamer... but football has always been about gameplay... until FIFA gets that... core gamers would always stick to PES...

if you want to play animation football... abeg watch cartoon network... Americans know nothing about the game if football...
i dont agree bro, i just watched their trailers, though pes2016 was better than its fifa counterpart, but i think fifa has got its groove back, by the way do you game on ps3 or ps4?
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by iPopAlomo(m): 4:54pm On Sep 01, 2016
Suspect33:
i dont agree bro, i just watched their trailers, though pes2016 was better than its fifa counterpart, but i think fifa has got its groove back, by the way do you game on ps3 or ps4?

PS3 and PC... trailers are hype jobs... lets chill till the games unveil...
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by KazukiIto(m): 4:02am On Sep 02, 2016
PES17 all the way. I just have to wait for the wonderful guys at PTE Patch to spice up my PES. PES16 really gave FIFA a run for their fame. The only winning factor between those titles IMO, is the full licensing FIFA enjoys. Take that away and you begin doubting FIFA.

1 Like

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:50pm On Sep 04, 2016
People will be taking about Soccer games and they'll be calling PES? undecided

Fifa is bae!!!

3 Likes

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 05, 2016
computerboy:
Timely reminder!
Well. ..I'm no longer interested in what FIFA has to offer. There will never be a crack unless you have around 13k to buy. Lemme stick with my PES for now. can't wait to see how it plays on my new ultrabook

Nahh, skidrow will find a way out as always, but its gonn' take time smiley
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 3:56am On Sep 05, 2016
Suspect33:
All PES needs is the official license to all leagues, FIFA got outstaged in 2016 and i dont see them getting a comeback soon, PES has taken the pace

Watch out for FIFA 17 bro, there has been a lot of improvement, And to those who love career mode, hope you rnjoy "The Journey" wink
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 05, 2016
KazukiIto:
PES17 all the way. I just have to wait for the wonderful guys at PTE Patch to spice up my PES. PES16 really gave FIFA a run for their fame. The only winning factor between those titles IMO, is the full licensing FIFA enjoys. Take that away and you begin doubting FIFA.

Lets see how that turns out.... Fifa forever! cheesy
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Nobody: 4:00am On Sep 05, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
People will be taking about Soccer games and they'll be calling PES? undecided

Fifa is bae!!!

Lmfao!!!, Fifa for President! grin grin.... But Pes kimda improving though, lets see how 17 turns out..

1 Like

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by KazukiIto(m): 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Lets see how that turns out.... Fifa forever! cheesy

GAME ON!
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by computerboy: 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Nahh, skidrow will find a way out as always, but its gonn' take time smiley

Skidrow? Not even close. What happened to FIFA 2016

1 Like

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by iPopAlomo(m): 3:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
Skidrow don lana nah... person way no see Football Manager crack... i've lost faith in him... Games are gettin harder to crack to be honest... make una go buy games ooo...

1 Like

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by thawgy(m): 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2016
computerboy:

Skidrow? Not even close. What happened to FIFA 2016
even 15 sef dem no see crack.. abegi
Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by computerboy: 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2016
thawgy:
even 15 sef dem no see crack.. abegi

They later cracked it but it took almost a year. I currently have the 15 installed but it's now stale. Soccer games are good to play immediately they're released

1 Like

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by computerboy: 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
iPopAlomo:
Skidrow don lana nah... person way no see Football Manager crack... i've lost faith in him... Games are gettin harder to crack to be honest... make una go buy games ooo...

It's not the guy's fault. God will punish the owner of that DenuvoDRM technology used in locking modern games.

Buy? FIFA 2016 costs 13k when dollar was 220. Just imagine the price of 2017. Besides I now like PES more

1 Like

Re: Fifa 17 VS Pes 17 (Clash of the Titans) by Section8(m): 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2016
Fifa needs to add more features to their career mode to make the game more interesting. In terms of features PES always trumps fifa and its annoying, fifa just act as if pitch play is all that matters forgetting that off pitch play spices up the game.

But all in all I love my FIFA any day,time or year mainly because its more difficult than PES. No PES game has ever proved a challenge for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Biggest Lies Ever Told In Video Gaming History / Looking For Used Ps3 To Buy.... / WWE 2k23 PPSSPP- ISO File Download Free Android & Ios Offline Mode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.