Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,542 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:36 PM

Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word (1960 Views)

Nigerians Blast Lai Mohammed For Saying Buhari has fulfilled campaign Promises / 11 Proofs That Show Recession Is Almost Over – FG / Nigerians Blast Adeosun's For Editing Her Twitter Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by gohome: 11:41am On Sep 01, 2016
Nigerians took to social media to express their displeasure and to some extent sacarsm on the finance minister for saying recession is just a word. She has since deleted the tweet

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 01, 2016
What is a word?

The term word may refer to a spoken word or to a written word, or sometimes to the abstract concept behind either.

The word "Recession" is an abstract concept in oral or written form.

Recession is a condition with significant decline in activity across the economy, lasting longer than a few months.
"It is visible in industrial production, employment, real income and wholesale-retail trade."
"The technical indicator of a recession is two consecutive quarters of negative economic growth as measured by a country's gross domestic product (GDP)." Source: investopedia.com

Buhari's non-performance has led the economy to the worst recession since colonial era.

His weak and incompetent economic management cabinet (including your ministry) has forced the economy into a state close to "depression".

Useless government angry angry angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by gohome: 11:44am On Sep 01, 2016
grin

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by gohome: 11:45am On Sep 01, 2016
angry
Lalasticlala

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by White007(m): 11:45am On Sep 01, 2016
undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by chemicalDisease: 11:45am On Sep 01, 2016
A dunderhead

Called Kemi.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by Jetjacky(m): 11:46am On Sep 01, 2016
And sadly that's the world we live in.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by gohome: 11:48am On Sep 01, 2016
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by Jetjacky(m): 11:53am On Sep 01, 2016
White007:
undecided
that would have been more preferable if it we're so
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by endtimeshit(m): 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2016
No be her fault. After all, she's not using her last card to buy 1liter of kero for NGN250, or half bottle of Groundnut oil for NGN240. I no blame her. Nonsense!
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by plaetton: 12:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
Again, here we have a beneficiary of ASO Rock largesse, telling us that Recession is just a word.

This dovetails with my statement yesterday that when you have a N2b feeding budget, there is nothing like Recession.
It'ss just a WORD that hungry people make up to describe their current stomach infrastructure.

Is this government out of touch with reality, or what ?

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by gohome: 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2016
plaetton:
Again, here we have a beneficiary of ASO Rock largesse, telling us that Recession is just a word.

This dovetails with my statement yesterday that when you have a N2b feeding budget, there is nothing like Recession.
It'ss just a WORD that hungry people make up to describe their current stomach infrastructure.

Is this government out of touch with reality, or what ?

She made a mistake. She has corrected herself and have since deleted the post.
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by Hiploko(m): 3:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
gohome:

has she ever gotten anything right? Always dishing out useless policies just like her government only to come and reverse it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by kenny987(f): 3:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
gohome:

She should be and must be seen to be above such a 'mistake' as u so conveniently put it. How can a Finance minister make such an unfeeling, insensitive and ignorant statement and u attempt to pass it off as a mistake! You are part of the problem this country has got!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by Lanretoye(m): 3:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
tot this woman is an economist...oh chatered accountant,that is what we get.they are more particular about coins than bulk.
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by Dmano: 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2016
I will not blame 4 saying so,afterall she doesnt feel what we feel.but i can assure her if they do nothing about it in d next few yrs or months dat seat will b 2 hot 4her den she will understand d word recession
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by toyoC1(f): 4:53pm On Sep 01, 2016
"RESIGN" is just a verb.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by idensko(m): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
Somebody should pls, check d academic qualification of thus woman.
We might found out that Buhari is better off.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by oganology33(m): 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
And this is the same woman Buhari & APC expect 2 walk us out of this mess. guessimg Itz gonna b a long walk if nothing is done.
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by TheTrueSeeker: 7:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
All PMB's 'heaven-sent' Ministers have been infected with a very serious lying demon and are becoming too controversial for the offices of FEC they occupy...!!!

Lai Mohammed is Chief
Sport Minister is Assistant Chief
Kemi is trying to outdo the Chief...
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by Chubhie: 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
I've always have a soft spot for Kemi.She should be understood and not taken out of context.She's only trying to project confidence going forward.

I wonder if she catches a good nights sleep in the mist of this chaos. I wish her strength to see things through.
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by 989900: 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
Chubhie:
I've always have a soft spot for Kemi.She should be understood and not taken out of context.She's only trying to project confidence going forward.

I wonder if she catches a good nights sleep in the mist of this chaos. I wish her strength to see things through.

I share your sentiments too; wrong ending to a supposedly inspiring sentence. Wrong choice of words at the wrongest of times.
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by ificatchmodeh: 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
Don't know au ended up being minister..senior special adviser would have been appropriate.
That ministry is oversized for her..no hating..there a lot of economists with proven record from ogun..talkmore west.
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by TheVictorious(m): 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
Recession is just a word, it has never gotten this bad

Meanwhile vote for queen_omalicha01 (contestant11) as AdaIgbo of UNILAG.......https://www.instagram.com/p/BJxc1P3hx7T/
Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
My people I don tire for dis country wen I dey embarassed Don't for forget to curse this govt,APC and those stupid zombies that voted them in,every day when u wake up. Them don spoil my package finish angry

Re: Nigerians Berate Kemi Adeosun For Saying Recession Is Just A Word by gohome: 10:10am On Sep 02, 2016
kenny987:

She should be and must be seen to be above such a 'mistake' as u so conveniently put it. How can a Finance minister make such an unfeeling, insensitive and ignorant mistake and u pass it off as a mistake! You are part of the problem this country has got!

I know

(1) (Reply)

The lopsided NNPC Appointment That Got Everyone Talking / Innoson: Igbos Will Boycott Companies That Denigrate Us – Ohanaeze Blows Hot / Dino Melaye Pictured During His Arraignment Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.