Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. (17958 Views)

Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records / Nigerian Policeman Vows To Quit After Experiencing Extortion By His Colleague / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by udobaba(f): 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
I am a young manager in one of an old generation bank. I have this colleague who is a subordinate and a marketer. Recently, i discovered that he has supressed customers cash up to fifteen customers and these money is either loan payment, deposit or account openings.
Many customers came to the branch to complain and i felt embarassed some on loan when they have not paid back their loan and u call them just to discovered that they paid and he supressed the cash. I gave him a querty wen i gathered all evidence and copied management and disciplinary committee was set for him and with lot of evidence, he was found guilty and his appointment terminated. He has suppressed more than a million naira of customers cash. Thats so far what we discovered. More than three months, yesterday he sent me a text messsge calling me evil and blaming me. He also threatened my life .
What do i do?

8 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by DropShot: 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2016
If you, as a manager, still need someone to tell you to report him to the police, then it's correct to say you're not qualified to be a manager.

271 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by ifyalways(f): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
Keep evidence of the threat.
Tell your lawyer.
File a complain officially with the Nigerian Police preferably the force headquarters in your state.
Be a man, stay strong and street wise.

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by abokibuhari: 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:
If you, as a manager, still need someone to tell you to report him to the police, then it's correct to say you're not qualified to be a manager.
don't you think it is wise for him to go meet baba Ibadan, justice is instant

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
OP Please go report to the Police so as to have him sign undertaking...

But na for this Buhari weather you do person strong thing? angry

7 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by delishpot: 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
Try make him send it in written form(text or e mail) or in a way you could record it for evidence and then take it to the police.If I we're you, I would sniff group d and find info about his family, even to where his ancestors were hurried so he knows he can run but he can't hide. Many people do crime because they believe no one can trace them.
Some Nigerians do not have shame sha, see how he is blaming someone else for the result of his evil actions? He stole, his ass got blown open and then he has the audacity to blame someone else for his greed. He doesn't want to reap what he has sown.

17 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by PaulIdu: 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2016
abokibuhari:

don't you think it is wise for him to go meet baba Ibadan, justice is instant

Who is baba Ibadan pleas
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by udobaba(f): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
I have evidence already through text message

uote author=delishpot post=48982946]Try make him send it in written form(text or e mail) or in a way you could record it for evidence and then take it to the police.If I we're you, I would sniff group d and find info about his family, even to where his ancestors were hurried so he knows he can run but he can't hide. Many people do crime because they believe no one can trace them.
Some Nigerians do not have shame sha, see how he is blaming someone else for the result of his evil actions? He stole, his ass got blown open and then he has the audacity to blame someone else for his greed. He doesn't want to reap what he has sown. [/quote]
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by udobaba(f): 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
[ you sound like a tenager.
quote author=DropShot post=48982404]If you, as a manager, still need someone to tell you to report him to the police, then it's correct to say you're not qualified to be a manager.[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by DropShot: 2:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
author=udobaba you sound like a tenager.post=48984010]
udobaba:
I am a young manager in one of an old generation bank. I have this colleague who is a subordinate and a marketer. Recently, i discovered that he has supressed customers
cash up to fifteen customers and these money is either loan payment, deposit or account openings.
Many customers came to the branch to complain and i felt embarassed some on loan when they have not paid back their loan and u call them just to discovered that they paid and he supressed the cash. I gave him a querty wen i gathered all evidence and copied management and disciplinary committee was set for him and with lot of evidence, he was found guilty and his appointment terminated. He has suppressed more than a million naira of customers cash. Thats so far what we discovered. More than three months, yesterday he sent me a text messsge calling me evil and blaming me. He also threatened my life .
What do i do?

You must have gotten to that managerial post through the back door.

Your English is so poor.

Your thought process is so weak.

You don't even know how to quote a post properly; I had to work hard to be able to quote you somehow.

Yet, you say someone sounds like a "tenager". You can't even spell "teenager" correctly.

39 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by IVORY2009(m): 2:04pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

Your English is so poor.

Yet, you say someone sounds like a [b]"tenager".[/b]You can't even spell "teenager" correctly.

Typo!! Dont correct someone's level of the English language in a hurry, I know u can do more better dan dis, wen not in a hurry:

12 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef?
This case is strong and needs prescription from those that know. grin
English was also murdered by the Op sad
Old generation banks sef cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Ratello: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
OP Please go report to the Police so as to have him sign undertaking...

But na for this Buhari weather you do person strong thing? angry
I tell you cheesy

5 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by delishpot: 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

Your English is so poor.

You don't even know how to quote a post properly; I had to work hard to be able to quote you somehow.

Yet, you say someone sounds like a "tenager". You can't even spell "teenager" correctly.

Na wa O. Abeg someone offend you before you click on OP's topic? You are being unnecessarily rude sir. This is not the place for one to display such childish tendencies.
He asked for help cos he feels threatened. He wants ideas to avoild this whole thing catapaulting out of his control. What is wrong in his asking for ideas and suggestions from neutral people as to how best to handle the situation? Are you the person who stole? Why are you bent on dragging him down?
Even if you are a teenager, wisdom sometimes doesn't have to come with age my dear brother. It is available for all to learn only If you so desire.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by DropShot: 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2016
IVORY2009:

Typo!! Dont correct someone's level of the English language in a hurry, I know u can do more better dan dis, wen not in a hurry:
What's your business in this?
I can choose to correct anyone's English as and when I feel doing it; especially an obviously incompetent childish manager who can't accept he goofed by not knowing what to do with a former colleague threatening him.

4 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by IVORY2009(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

What's your business in this?
I can choose to correct anyone's English as and when I feel doing it; especially an obviously incompetent childish manager who can't accept he goofed by not knowing what to do with a former colleague threatening him.

You're right to some extent, but I felt, dat should have been done behind close doors, and not on a public forum as dis....

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by delishpot: 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
To know the heart of a person, look closely at how he responds to situations around him. When you observe closely, you would know what he can and can not do.

OP, carry go tell police.

3 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by DropShot: 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
delishpot:

Na wa O. Abeg someone offend you before you click on OP's topic? You are being unnecessarily rude sir. This is not the place for one to display such childish tendencies.
He asked for help cos he feels threatened. He wants ideas to avoild this whole thing catapaulting out of his control. What is wrong in his asking for ideas and suggestions from neutral people as to how best to handle the situation? Are you the person who stole? Why are you bent on dragging him down?
Even if you are a teenager, wisdom sometimes doesn't have to come with age my dear brother. It is available for all to learn only If you so desire.
Perhaps you have a log of wood in your eyes not to see his reply to my first post.

This guy is an incompetent manager if he doesn't know he needs to approach the police with the evidence with him.

Even though I know there are many lazy kids on NL, it's disgusting to read that a "manager" doesn't know what to do in his situation.

Manager indeed! grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by delishpot: 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

Perhaps you have a log of wood in your eyes not to see his reply to my first post.

This guy is an incompetent manager if he doesn't know he needs to approach the police with the evidence with him.

Even though I know there are many lazy kids on NL, it's disgusting to read that a "manager" doesn't know what to do in his situation.

Manager indeed! grin grin grin

You still have no right to speak to him the way you first did. You threw the first stone. Why does it pain you that he is a manager? He only said you spoke like a teenager. That isn't an insult that is fact. Your first post was rude. Even your response to mine was rude too. Its a shame you are not even fit to be an employee going by your attitude talk less of leading a team. Change for the better dear. At a certain age, people drop these childish insults and exchange of words. If you have passed your teen age years, then I suggest you do so.
You can make your point known in a more mature manner

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ratello:

I tell you cheesy
He is a baaaaaaaaaaard man(in the voice of the sacked employee's kid) angry
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by DropShot: 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
delishpot:

You still have no right to speak to him the way you first did. You threw the first stone. Why does it pain you that he is a manager? He only said you spoke like a teenager. That isn't an insult that is fact. Your first post was rude. Even your response to mine was rude too. Its a shame you are not even fit to be an employee going by your attitude talk less of leading a team. Change for the better dear. At a certain age, people drop these childish insults and exchange of words. If you have passed your teen age years, then I suggest you do so.
Mr. Counselor, I stand by my first statement that he is not a worthy manager.

I hate mediocrity and I can't pretend otherwise.

If you find my statement of fact rude for yourself and the OP, na your wahala.

As per the emboldened, it might interest you to know I've been a manager for the past seven years in my field.

My teenage son knows what to do in this OP's case and if he fails to act with common sense, na spank I go spank am. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by milkymesh: 2:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
@udobaba,

You did the right thing to the wrong person. That guy is a confirmed bad boy. You head a rural branch. Go and beg the guy with 500k, at least that is better than losing your dear life.

For this Bihari regime..... Okay o.

I like you anyway. Theifs can not be condoned in the financial sector
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by SlayerSupreme: 3:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
delishpot:

That's how he behaves. He and Quota-System...like they're frustrated.

14 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by udobaba(f): 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
Boy...i still stand by my first response to you, you sound like a teenager. Who knows u might even be a teenager. You need to grow up. Okaay. You said you have been a manager for the paste seven years and i wonder how old you were then. I guess u were managing ur mums shop.

As per the emboldened, it might interest you to know I've been a manager for the past seven years in my field.

My teenage son knows what to do in this OP's case and if he fails to act with common sense, na spank I go spank am. grin grin[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by udobaba(f): 3:35pm On Sep 01, 2016
Boy...i still stand by my first response to you, you sound like a teenager. Who knows u might even be a teenager. You need to grow up. Okaay. You said you have been a manager for the past seven years and i wonder how old you were then. I guess u were managing ur mums shop.

My teenage son knows what to do in this OP's case and if he fails to act with common sense, na spank I go spank am. grin grin[/quote]

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by steppin: 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
Smh...Bank manager get time to dey ask silly question for Nairaland. Abeg, which community bank you dey manage?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by eph12(m): 3:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
What were you expecting? A pat on the back? Go to the police and state your case oga.

Meanwhile your written English suck

2 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Ikigia: 3:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
Police is your friend, inform them ASAP
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Pavore9: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
You are enlightened enough to know that the Police station should be your next port of call not Nairaland!

3 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Wolfbrother(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
RIP English....please which bank are you managing

4 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by ogawisdom(m): 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2016
udobaba:
I am a young manager in one of an old generation bank. I have this colleague who is a subordinate and a marketer. Recently, i discovered that he has supressed customers cash up to fifteen customers and these money is either loan payment, deposit or account openings.
What do i do?

Y u dey fear, u did ur job. But wait ooo is there no way d both of u would ve settled d cash of 1m without involving management n causing his termination.

Ur action leading to his termination was quite harsh, u ve killed dt guy.

Well go and report to a police station ie threat to live and police will invite him to sign undertaking dt if anything happens to ur life he will held responsible, he will b d one protecting u thereafter. Use d text msg as evidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Now That You’ve Received Your January Salary, What Next? / Nutritionist/dietitians / Varying Salaries In Different Fields

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.