Stats: 3,150,547 members, 7,809,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 (3328 Views)

Best New Laptop Brands To Buy For Not More Than #100,000 / 8 Laptop Brands Running The Latest Windows 10 S / I Need Who Will Format My Windows 10 Laptop For Me I'm Ready To Pay... (2) (3) (4)

TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 by computerboy: 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2016

Whether you're buying a car, a washing machine or a computer, brands matter. That's why, each year, we evaluate the leading laptop brands to determine which provide the best products and support.

This year, Apple and Dell maintained their positions as the No. 1 and No. 2 rated brands, respectively, while Asus jumped up from seventh place to third, based on some very strong products. By the same token, HP fell from third to sixth, due to a series of mediocre laptops, not much innovation and weak support.

1. APPLE
Apple remains our top brand for the seventh year in a row, thanks to its combination of best-in-class laptops and industry-leading tech support. The Cupertino, California-based company also received top scores for its powerful preloaded software and convenient warranty coverage that lets you either mail in a defective product or bring it to a store for service

2. DELL
For the second consecutive year, Dell is the best PC (i.e., non-Apple) laptop vendor — and No. 2 overall — because of its strong laptop lineup and helpful warranty. The company offers the widest array of laptops, ranging from low-cost Windows systems and Chromebooks to high-end gaming rigs. The XPS 13 is our favorite notebook overall.

3. ASUS
Asus climbed the ranks to third place this year because of its attractive, well-built products. Thanks to high-quality laptops like the Asus ZenBook UX305, the Taiwanese manufacturer took third place in the Reviews category. The brand also scored high for value, thanks to aggressively priced products like the Asus F555LA, a sub-$400 laptop with a 1080p screen.

FULL SCORECARD
Apple
Dell
Asus
Lenovo
MSI
HP
Microsoft
Acer
Samsung
Toshiba

Below is their respective positions in the past five years

Source: LAPTOPMAG
Re: TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 by AKBliv010(m): 4:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
computerboy

You should look at doing one which evaluates Performance/Price ratio.. I don't think Apple will be topping the charts cheesy
Re: TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 by computerboy: 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
AKBliv010:
computerboy

You should look at doing one which evaluates Performance/Price ratio.. I don't think Apple will be topping the charts cheesy

That's where you're most likely to see HP or Lenovo at the top. But Apple remains the best because it can give you the taste of both worlds (Mac & Windows).

That spec on your signature tho! Which product is that? Is it for sale? or are you just imagining?
Re: TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 by AKBliv010(m): 8:14pm On Sep 01, 2016
computerboy:

That's where you're mostly likely to see HP or Lenovo at the top. But Apple remains the best because it can give you the taste of both worlds (Mac & Windows).

That spec on your signature tho! Which product is that? Is it for sale? or are you just imagining?

If Mac is the best why install Windows..because it cannot do everything so it can't be the best hahaha! Let not get into that debate, I've used Mac's right from 2002 till 2011. When they still had Mac OS9. I was glad to get rid of my Macbook Pro 2009 model. To you it's the best to me its a waste of money...moving on

my signature is my current build, built from scratch and customised. -https://www.nairaland.com/3283242/mini-itx-gaming-pc
Re: TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 by computerboy: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2016
AKBliv010:

If Mac is the best why install Windows..because it cannot do everything so it can't be the best hahaha! Let not get into that debate, I've used Mac's right from 2002 till 2011. When they still had Mac OS9. I was glad to get rid of my Macbook Pro 2009 model. To you it's the best to me its a waste of money...moving on

my signature is my current build, built from scratch and customised. -https://www.nairaland.com/3283242/mini-itx-gaming-pc

Lol....I was just speaking objectively but for me, myself and I, it's Bill Gates till death do us part
Re: TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 by AKBliv010(m): 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
computerboy:

Lol....I was just speaking objectively but for me, myself and I, Bill Gates will continue to get richer.

Oh I see, no wahala...
Re: TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 by computerboy: 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
AKBliv010:

Just checked the thread. It reminded me of my adventurous days. Sometimes i just wish laptops can be customised fully like desktops
Re: TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 by AKBliv010(m): 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
computerboy:

Just checked the thread. It reminded me of my adventurous days. Sometimes i just wish laptops can be customised fully like desktops

They are,they won't just be called laptops anymore...fear no go let you put am for lap.

Why did you quit the adventure?
Re: TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 by computerboy: 1:22am On Sep 02, 2016
AKBliv010:

They are,they won't just be called laptops anymore...fear no go let you put am for lap.

Why did you quit the adventure?

Time
Re: TOP 10 LAPTOP BRANDS 2016 by computerboy: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
With the Dell XPS 13 it's no longer pocket friendly oh. Dell is now getting costlier. Even Asus

How Much Will It Cost To Change My Laptop Case? / *~ Dual Core Voted Best Computers/Internet Poster Of The Year*~ / Super Neat Uk Used Hp 1040 G3 - Core I7, Qhd Display