Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? (48254 Views)

Hot And Cold Stream In Ugep, Cross River State, Discovered By A Hunter / Lagos Airport Staff Who Steals Passengers' Belongings Discovered (pics, Video) / Naturalized US Citizens: Do You Get Treated/respected As A Native Born Citizen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
crackhaus:

What a match made in heaven Mexico that would be. gringrin

Someone should hook them up. grin
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by crackhaus: 4:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

Someone should hook them up. grin
I won't advise it. gringrin

That Melania Trump looks like a woman who will bash the head of any female that comes within 2ft of her beloved husband in a sexually suggestive manner. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
crackhaus:

I won't advise it. gringrin

That Melania Trump looks like a woman who will bash the head of any female that comes within 2ft of her beloved husband in a sexually suggestive manner. cheesy

Melania is shagging younger lovers secretly. She won't mind. grin

3 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by crackhaus: 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

Melania is shagging younger lovers secretly. She won't mind. grin
You must be kidding.

A Yugoslavian immigrant turned model has a chance at becoming First Lady of the United States of America, and you say she won't mind? cheesy
That woman will scratch, claw, and bite any female that even tries to deny her the mere possibility of such an achievement.

Do not underestimate her please, she even looks like a cat walking on two legs.

5 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
crackhaus:

You must be kidding.

A Yugoslavian immigrant turned model has a chance at becoming First Lady of the United States of America, and you say she won't mind? cheesy
That woman will scratch, claw, and bite any female that even tries to deny her the mere possibility of such an achievement.

Do not underestimate her please, she even looks like a cat walking on two legs.

You are right, I guess. I haven't looked at it from this perspective even though I will probably never understand how any woman can sleep with Donald Trump. lipsrsealed He was ok when he was young but now .... very unattractive. undecided

By the way, if you had to choose between Michelle and Melania, which one would you prefer to be with?

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
cococandy:
Don't you mean 99%?

And it's not only Hermes. Fake Chanel, fake lv, fake everything. Nothing hurts me more than seeing a fake handbag cry cry.
And I can usually tell from across the room.

Ladies stop eeeet pls. Seriously stop.

I got a nice handbag on my holiday this year, even men notice and compliment it. grin

And guess what, it's a no name product and was relatively cheap. wink cheesy I couldn't believe it was so cheap because it's really stylish and cool.

I would much rather get no name products that I fancy than fake products.

3 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by byvan03: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
ok she thought you were probably the younger sister and someone sent you to buy those stuffs

You shouldn't have even bought anything from her and walked out

I have encountered such nasty experience.very recently about a month ago.I was on my way back home WITH my daughter when I passed by a supermarket. I saw a very beautiful clutch purse and I stopped by wanting to buy it.so I walked into the supermarket and asked how much it IS, the woman first looked at me for a few seconds and asked if I tell you the price can you buy it?I was like what is that supposed to mean then she said it's 7k.I brought out 10k and counted it in her presence. She too was using eye to count the money with ME, I said you see this money with me here, it's not going to end here. I came to buy something I fancied and instead of you to behave civil you were asking me stooped questions whether I can buy it.

She was now like Haa aunty koribe,emabinu.I said wura let's leave here joor.I went 3shops near hers to buy exactly what she was doing shakara for and deliberately passed by her shop to spite her. I made sure i didn't put the clutch purse inside a nylon so she Will see it.She nearly cried in bitterness.it was obvious She was just controlling herself

Meanwhile that's why I love the igbo spirit when it comes to entrepreneurship and attending to customers. Every customer is a king and is treated as such. Even if you don't buy and you just Window shop they will treat you like you own the world.which brings me to my last story.last week I went to price Curtains because I wanted to have an idea of how much Curtains are now.you needed to see the way this igbo guy attended to me.he was so courteous and warm.I had to tell him bros don't bring everything out I just want to know how much it is and so because of his hospitality I vowed that I will go back there and buy it which I did yesterday. However I saw other Curtains which we're relatively cheaper and finer than his but because of his pleasant customer treatment which I received from him I bought it from him

The bottonline is if you don't look down on your customers and treat them nicely even if they came to windowshop, even if your shop is under the ground they will go out of their way to find you.

The last story is lovely, that's the way it should be. I took the shoes because it was everything I pictured in my mind's eye. I chose to please myself even if the seller is full of shi*t.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 5:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:
Mindfulness and co, please come and take your partner off my mentions. Thanks.

Respect everyone that comes to you. Even when you know they don't have. One of my brothers (a truly great guy) takes the time to thank service people. He made me realise that in Nigeria, we feel saying thank you to the driver or gateman reduces our level. Like we think why should I notice this person?". He said it was because once he met a silly girl, who talked down a lot to him (stuff like "oh you speak so well" blah blah) and he dressed constantly in t-shirts. So he told her he was the janitor at his company. She kept condescending to him until she found out what his position was. Very awkward.

Sambarry, a plain tee shirt is the uniform of most white (American) guys and techie or engineers abroad. I sent a few friends a picture of a.group of female bankers here and they assumed these babes were all investment bankers (just our regular customer service babes o). Even when I went to a friend's wedding I felt overdressed (I did Naija style dressing) because everyone there was in light summer-y dresses. My sibling came to Nigeria and comfortably rode LAGBUS and was surprised that people were sneering at them. Meanwhile how many of us won't act like taking a yellow cab is an insult yet will land in London and look for the Tube map?
in Nigeria people don't respect you based on what you have upstairs But how you brand yourself outwardly
It has almost unconsciously turned into a culture. For a person to treat you with regard he must either be your relative or he dresses an looks expensive

3 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
byvan03:

The last story is lovely, that's the way it should be. I took the shoes because it was everything I pictured in my mind's eye. I chose to please myself even if the seller is full of shi*t.
no sometimes you have to displease yourself to teach some people a hard painful lesson.if YOU didn't buy IT she will have changed.imagine in my situation where I didn't buy the clutch purse because of her stupidity. She lost 7k. The 7k that was supposed to be hers went somewhere else because of bad manners.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by byvan03: 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
in Nigeria people don't respect you based on what you have upstairs But how you brand yourself outwardly
It has almost unconsciously turned into a culture. For a person to treat you with regard he must either be your relative or he dresses an looks expensive

Lol, I always think of the one that benefits me first. Let someone else teach her ooo. I hardly notice what people are wearing except it's conspicuous or unusual . That's why it baffles me when you see ladies analysing others like is there project work.

5 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by byvan03: 6:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
Sambarry did I mention that 3 versions of me wore the shoes and it was still in almost mint condition. Very lovely shoes, worth the trouble.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
byvan03:

Lol, I always think of the one that benefits me first. Let someone else teach her ooo. I hardly notice what people are wearing except it's conspicuous or unusual . That's why it baffles me when you see ladies analysing others like is there project work.
LMao. This brings me to my second story.a friend OF mine wanted to do traditional wedding so she Said i should help her buy lace that her and her husband will wear on their engagement ceremony because She knew I was good in lace so I got to this store and I met one overbleached yellow paw paw lady chewing chewing gum pasha pasha and blowing bubble with IT, her legs on the table and was busy watching keeping up with the Kardashians. I needed her attention because her sales girls didn't know the prices of some of her materials but she was so engrossed watching khloe Kardashian filing her nails so I hissed and left her shop because she was so carried away with the Kardashians. She was telling me I should ask her girls what I want that they'll attend to me

So I just got angry and left the place. Then I overheard her asking her sales girl that how many yards does she wants to buy that her wahala is too much like this then the girl replied that she's buying a lot o.she Said she wants to buy for the couple and couples parents

Then she called me back aunty please come back I then said you and who.shebi the Kardashians are more important than what you're selling. She begged me but I didn't answer her I said when it's not only your shop that's in idumota.shioorrr.

Any seller I enter their shop and I don't get the right treatment I leave because I am the one bringing in mmy money for you so I should be treated nicely and if I'm not I leave irrespective of how nice IT is.my money goes into pockets of those that have good customer service

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by cococandy(f): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

I got a nice handbag on my holiday this year, even men notice and compliment it. grin

And guess what, it's a no name product and was relatively cheap. wink cheesy I couldn't believe it was so cheap because it's really stylish and cool.

I would much rather get no name products that I fancy than fake products.

That's true. Although I really like name brands I'd rather have a good looking no name brand than a fake one. There's no point to it. People who are into stuff like that can tell it's fake and those who aren't won't even care. So it's meaningless using one's money to buy fake designers.

2 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 6:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
byvan03:
Sambarry did I mention that 3 versions of me wore the shoes and it was still in almost mint condition. Very lovely shoes, worth the trouble.
NO matter how nice a sellers products are if she has pride or looks down on her prospective clients its not worth all the stress.I'll rather buy it elsewhere when it's not as if shes the only one selling the stuffs

Go and carry out a study.for example an igbo man or woman selling the same thing a Yoruba woman OR man sells in the same street you'll notice the igbo man has more customers than the Yoruba woman.it's not necessarily because he has something peculiar or he's using jazz the secret is customer relations even if you only went there to windowshop

Try that with a Yoruba man or woman you will hear the insult of your life.they'll say so you don't have money you came to price.Konica dafun e.oni jere.they'll cuss the living day light out of you

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by ifyalways(f): 7:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:

My sister, abeg help tell them and answer this: true or false, old money doesn't live in Lekki but in Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Apapa and Ikeja? As in that's where their family homes are.
It's common knowledge na,Onegai.

Lekki 1,VGC and all the fancy estates in Lekki are occupied by new money.

3 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:

Any seller I enter their shop and I don't get the right treatment I leave because I am the one bringing in mmy money for you so I should be treated nicely and if I'm not I leave irrespective of how nice IT is.my money goes into pockets of those that have good customer service

Even in the market. If I stop by your shop and you ignore me ....its simple courtesy anyway, then I walk away

Thats how one mama in Isale eko nearly blinded her shop girl
My aunt goes to the market in ankara and slippers . . .for comfort
Wanted to buy aso ebi lace for a wedding
One sales girl was being rather cocky
In the end madam got up from her chair to see to what was happening and she served my aunt herself
My aunty counted 300K and paid for her aso ebi
The madam went ballistic and nearly beat the girl to death
aunty was begging the madam
the curses were die
ebi e wo ti aye won ti baje wo lo re ra aso N30? shocked

4 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
Onegai:

My sister, abeg help tell them and answer this: true or false, old money doesn't live in Lekki but in Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Apapa and Ikeja? As in that's where their family homes are.

True because all these families had money before these new estates were built
Apapa and Ikoyi are where the main old family home is

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by byvan03: 7:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
LMao. This brings me to my second story.a friend OF mine wanted to do traditional wedding so she Said i should help her buy lace that her and her husband will wear on their engagement ceremony because She knew I was good in lace so I got to this store and I met one overbleached yellow paw paw lady chewing chewing gum pasha pasha and blowing bubble with IT, her legs on the table and was busy watching keeping up with the Kardashians. I needed her attention because her sales girls didn't know the prices of some of her materials but she was so engrossed watching khloe Kardashian filing her nails so I hissed and left her shop because she was so carried away with the Kardashians. She was telling me I should ask her girls what I want that they'll attend to me

So I just got angry and left the place. Then I overheard her asking her sales girl that how many yards does she wants to buy that her wahala is too much like this then the girl replied that she's buying a lot o.she Said she wants to buy for the couple and couples parents

Then she called me back aunty please come back I then said you and who.shebi the Kardashians are more important than what you're selling. She begged me but I didn't answer her I said when it's not only your shop that's in idumota.shioorrr.

I wonder why these women open businesses in the first place. I don't like market place , so I tend to be very swift with purchase. If I really want something, I block out other factors and get that exact one that appeals to me. I rather return the rude favour, piss you off badly and still get what I want. The shoe woman nah Igbo woman, I feel it's an individual thing angry.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 7:57pm On Sep 02, 2016
tearoses:

Even in the market. If I stop by your shop and you ignore me ....its simple courtesy anyway, then I walk away

In the end madam got up from her chair to see to what was happening and she served my aunt herself
the curses were die
haaaaa shocked

So if the woman didn't intervene na so 300k for Don waka go. inside this unfriendly economy? shocked

That's how some sales girl unconcsiously ruin the buisness of their oga. All their mind is that wetin consain me it's sha not my buisness. Alaru ta Kota at the end of the month they must collect their salary.if na me too na that day she go collect her sack

Someone brought 300k and was almost close to loosing it

Some people need to closely monitor their sales girl if not na them go ruin their oga buisness shocked

I changed my tailor because her sales girl are super rude.tell them to adjust cloth or zip they will say they are eating come back

2 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
cococandy:

That's true. Although I really like name brands I'd rather have a good looking no name brand than a fake one. There's no point to it. People who are into stuff like that can tell it's fake and those who aren't won't even care. So it's meaningless using one's money to buy fake designers.

I have to see it and love it. The brand is irrelevant. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by cococandy(f): 8:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
The girl wanted her to miss good money. Hehe.
tearoses:

the curses were die
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by byvan03: 8:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

I have to see it and love it. The brand is irrelevant. smiley

You are like me here, brand is irrelevant to me.

5 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by cococandy(f): 8:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
haaaaa shocked

So if the woman didn't intervene na so 300k for Don waka go. inside this unfriendly economy? shocked

That's how some sales girl unconcsiously ruin the buisness of their oga. All their mind is that wetin consain me it's sha not my buisness. Alaru ta Kota at the end of the month they must collect their salary.if na me too na that day she go collect her sack

Someone brought 300k and was almost close to loosing it

Some people need to closely monitor their sales girl if not na them go ruin their oga buisness shocked

I changed my tailor because her sales girl are super rude.tell them to adjust cloth or zip they will say they are eating come back

grin they are eating. Come back.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
byvan03:

I wonder why these women open businesses in the first place. I don't like market place , so I tend to be very swift with purchase. If I really want something, I block out other factors and get that exact one that appeals to me. I rather return the rude favour, piss you off badly and still get what I want. The shoe woman nah Igbo woman, I feel it's an individual thing angry.
no be me o. I don't mind spend 4-5hours going from store to store pricing goods
iF it's one thousand naira difference I'll go to another shop and price it TILL I get a good bargain and good customer service
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Make we here word abeg. Once something has become the prevailing narrative everyone starts to echo it not minding whether it is true or false. How many billionaires do you know that ''dress like they are broke''. What does it even mean to ''dress like they are broke''?

the spirit of bandwagonism reigns in this section.
countless times i've had my mouth wide open, eyes bulging from the from the pseudo-perfectness, self righteous and exaggeration I read in this section.

12 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 8:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
cococandy:
grin they are eating. Come back.

they're eating I should come back. Do they know where I am coming from. Such stewpeed girls
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 8:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
cococandy:
The girl wanted her to miss good money. Hehe.
can you imagine 300k in this harsh economy.it'll be like thief stole your 300k.I'll beat her and bite her body.if possible I'll use blade and tear her skin

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by byvan03: 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
no be me o. I don't mind spend 4-5hours going from store to store pricing goods
iF it's one thousand naira difference I'll go to another shop and price it TILL I get a good bargain and good customer service

Babe I dey like go shopping with person like you when am in high spirits jare . if it's clothes shopping ooo. No time to start price vegetables and fish biko, am too impatient angry.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by cococandy(f): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
byvan03:

I love brands jare. A girl cannot come and go die.

What I do is I go for the not so expensive brands like MK, Marc Jacobs or Calvin Klein and their likes. You can get great quality without breaking your bank account.

Who has $1,500 to buy Chanel or Dior bag in this buhari economy? I mean some people do of course but mehn...

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by byvan03: 8:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
cococandy:

I love brands jare. A girl cannot come and go die.

What I do is I go for the not so expensive brands like MK, Marc Jacobs or Calvin Klein and their likes. You can get great quality without breaking your bank account.

Who has $1,500 to buy Chanel or Dior bag in this buhari economy? I mean some people do of course but mehn...

Yesooo, it's good to go for what flies it for you. Generally I have no affinity for anything in particular. I used to have for long braids but lost it somewhere along the line. I have to consciously remember my own need these days.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by cococandy(f): 8:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
SAMBARRY:
can you imagine 300k in this harsh economy.it'll be like thief stole your 300k.I'll beat her and bite her body.if possible I'll use blade and tear her skin
Sambarry!!! You will go to jail for that.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
byvan03:

smiley

I have to love the design and of course we all love quality but if the design (fabrics, color, form) is good and the quality good enough and I feel like spending money cheesy then I go for it.

If I get a designer piece, then their logo needs to be very small and barely visible - or better - not visible at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge This Afternoon (Graphic Photos) / Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends / Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.