Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Two Years To Thirty(short Story) - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Two Years To Thirty(short Story) (171990 Views)

It Took Me Three Years To Publish My Debut Novel — Yejide Kilanko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Olabantu(m): 1:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
I sent you an email Angeles's abeg attend to the matter...thanks
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by DeZoro(m): 4:04pm On Sep 14, 2016
No neee to distract the writter, Angeless fire on
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by SPDAZZY(f): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2016
Finally, I am here. I am glad I finished songs of love before arriving. Well done Angelsss
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by feyilag(f): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2016
mayor4love:
pls, I need help o. Does anyone know any blog or site where one can get good Christian stories? I'll really appreciate it.
myglowingscenes.com, crystalthoughts.,funmiadebayo.,iretiosague blog e.t.c...u can also use google
.N/B:i'm sorry 4 derailing this thread
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by mattyboy007(m): 11:14am On Sep 15, 2016
Update cumin in d evening... We no see anytin oooo.. all dsame more ink to ya pen
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Olabantu(m): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
Angelss I site you ooo, no run without giving us update
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2016
Olabantu:
Angelss I site you ooo, no run without giving us update

lol...working on it...the plot wanna confuse ma brain...am fighting wif it
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by MidasTouche01(m): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
Angelsss:

lol...working on it...the plot wanna confuse ma brain...am fighting wif it

DivineInspiration kiss

1 Like

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
‘wake up sleepy head….’ Ima had woken up earlier than her friend….they had to prepare for the seminar….

‘hey….can I just have ten more minutes? Wanna complete my dream’ Ego groaned….she was having a beautiful dream….

One of those dreams she usually had whenever she was happy…she dreamt of her parents and herself in a field of flowers….enjoying a picnic together….but she usually woke up feeling terrible….

Just that this one was different, this dream was perfect….because she knew deep down, that she wouldn’t feel bad later….

Her day was going to turn out for the better…because she’d seen him in her dream…and he was kissing her, again.

‘what’s that smile on your face?’ Ima wondered what her friend was still doing in bed….

‘alright….i’m up…satisfied now’? Ego sat up abruptly….then she yawned and rubbed her tommy…she needed to take her breakfast as soon as possible….

‘what time is that seminar again’? Ego replied feeling sick as she stared at the bedside clock….

’10 o’clock….we still have time…more like two full hours…so chic prepare’ Ima patted her on the back and left for the bathroom….

‘do you mind closing the door….’? Ego called after her…she didn’t want to inhale ammonia that early….

‘whatever’...Ima rolled her eyes….

‘I have a bad feeling…you know…like something unpleasant is going to happen….’ Ima continued….

‘am not hearing you’ Ego deliberately ignored her friend….

Without much wasting of time, she walked to the kitchen to fix herself a toast…luckily there was electricity….it just made everything easier for her…..

‘so? Am back’ Imaobong washed her hands in the sink nearby and joined her friend on the table…

‘why do you have a feeling something bad is going to happen’ Ego asked as she poured some milk into her coffee…

‘hmmm…I just feel it….’ Ima replied trying to shake the feeling off…

‘or your prophet told you so’? Ego winked….

‘hold it right there girl….that man, is genuine….what he says comes to pass…look at my engagement to Bruce….he had foreseen it….i seriously wonder why you keep doubting this man….’ She regretted taking Ego for the program….

‘okay…no fighting….on the other hand, I feel today is my lucky day…you know one of those days you wake up on the good side of bed….’ She threw her hands in the air…

‘sure….just that my left eye keeps twitching…that signifies doom you know’ Ima couldn’t help being cautious…such signs stood for something….

‘superstitions….Nigerians for you….’ Ego chuckled softly….

‘so how did you get home last night’? Ima decided to change the topic….

‘uhmmm…remember that Yinka guy I told you about’? Ego dropped her cup and shifted closer to her friend….

‘yes? The rich guy…the one whose mother you saved….’ Ima replied…

‘sharp girl….he came to my rescue…he just showed up suddenly, I was flabbergasted….like he was an angel….he even paid my way back….i think he’s a nice person….’ Her heart fluttered as the memories rained down on her…

‘hmmm…Ego, I hope you aren’t falling for this guy o, see the way you’re just praising him…be careful….by the way, do you have his picture’? Ima was curious….

‘no….i wouldn’t lie to you Mimi but I feel something for this guy…I’m a bit surprised at myself cause I don’t usually do this….tripping for a guy so fast….he’s just so different…’ she paused and remembered the lady that was with him…who was she?

‘is it okay if I check him out? And by the way….what do you hope to do with this guy’?

‘well…nothing….what kind of question is that? I just like him…he rescued me…that’s all…’ Ego was lost for words….what did Mimi expect her to say?
Mimi was an extrovert to the core…and she was quite forward when she liked a guy, she could walk up straight to him, and tell him about her feelings….but her, she was wired differently…

‘so you just want to be a secret admirer abi? …no problem….i’ll check him out….what if he has a girlfriend or a fiancee? Have you considered that before nurturing feelings for him’? Ima knew how Fragile Egodiamaka could become when she truly liked something…

‘I don’t know…but I saw one lady in his car….never mind…just check him out…’ she stuttered….

‘hmmm…what’s his name again?’ Ima asked…

‘Yinka Oluwatosin….’

Chief Gbenga Oluwatosin sat cross legged in his rose garden….life had never been so good….finally he had peace…he was satisfied with his life generally…

He’d spent a good number of years on earth…and within those years he’d worked hard and built a business empire that would rise to the apex of the global market one day….

He flipped to the next page of the business magazine and smiled proudly as their name was mentioned yet again….Olive Groves was in its time of glory….and he prayed within him, that it would never fade….

He had his grandson Olayinka and his first son Vega to thank for…his late son Tony, wasn’t very interested in the family business….thankfully, his son hadn’t taken that from him…

It baffled him sometimes, that Yinka looked more of his uncle, Vega Oluwatosin …in deed and character than his late father….

The young man was very responsible and industrious….but the lion felt he was overdoing it…he had become too absorbed in work to see other things that mattered in life…

One of such things was a family…a beautiful and united family and it was best to start a family early….

He smiled mischievously as he remembered the expression on his grandson’s face when he’d read the statements of his will….

He’d meant every word though, Olayinka had to get a wife…he had to settle down…all his grandchildren had to settle down….even his favorite….Tessy. He had his plans for her…but they would tarry….

He enjoyed her company and wouldn’t let her go that easily….

‘look who’s here…’ a honeyed female voice broke into his thoughts….and he knew the owner of that voice instantly….

‘Olateni…..come over here…I’ve missed you girl… Aro re so mi.’ He drew her closer to himself…

‘grandfather? Missed me? I paid you a visit last week remember? And don’t pretend you have amnesia because you don’t’ she kissed his forehead sweetly and he smiled…he was a happy man…beyond blessed to have such a granddaughter….

‘have a seat….what would you like to eat’? he faced her….

‘I’ve had breakfast already…maybe I’ll take lunch but I’m fine grandpa….i missed you two’ she smiled at him…

No one could understand the bond she shared with the lion….where he terrified everyone, including his own sons….he amused her …

She was the only one that could understand her grandfather….the Lion was a very complicated man…yet so down to earth…

He possessed a heart of stone….but deep down he was very emotional…though he hardly talked about his feelings….

‘So….how’s your cousin taking it’? he hoped Yinka wasn’t planning on wasting his time….

‘Truthfully, from the look on his face…I think he wouldn’t go through with your plans…he’s bent on not getting married….he keeps saying he isn’t ready’ she explained to her grandfather…. Yinka wasn’t being totally honest…

The only reason why he had refused to get married was because of Ifeoluwa…how could he sacrifice his whole life for that LovePeddler?

‘really?....what makes you think so? Is there something I’ll love to hear Teni’? her angry expression hadn’t passed the lion by…was he being kept in the dark about something?

‘nothing…it’s just that I saw the way he looked this morning…he isn’t ready grandpa….’ She lied…she couldn’t tell the lion about Yinka’s affair with a married woman…

He would’ve been so disappointed in him….

‘well…I’ll startle him…I’ll put fire in his chair…i am always patient…but I need to set up my plan B….’ he rubbed his chin thoughtfully…

‘plan B? what’s that’? she wondered what her grandfather was up to….

‘I’ll need your brother…..he would be useful in this game….Yinka would have to obey his grandfather

‘I don’t think that’s a good idea…you disinherited him remember? You’re not his favorite person right now grandpa….just let it go…Yinka would do what it’s right when he is ready…’ Tessy didn’t like the idea of Dami coming back to Nigeria….

Truthfully, she wasn’t that comfortable with her brother and Yinka seeing each other…..those two had bad blood between them, it was better the lion kept Dami out of it….

‘so tell me…..when are you getting married? I should arrange a fine man for my princess’ he winked at her….she was so beautiful, just like Margeret, his late wife was…before the drugs took over her...

‘come off it grandpa….i’ll do fine choosing a man by myself…I don’t want your games o….so how are you doing…when do we get to celebrate Yinka’s success…though he failed to mention it…I saw it on social media’ she tried changing the subject….

‘hey…don’t play smart…tell me when you’re getting married’ a smile played on the lion’s face…he was teasing his granddaughter…

‘grandfather you’re scaring me…..i’m still in my early twenties okay? We shouldn’t even be talking about this….’ She rolled her eyes…

He observed her for a while, she was his little princess….something bothered her…he read her like a book….

‘you miss your parents?’ he arched a brow….his first son had taken his wife on vacation to Greece and they’d cruelly left Teni behind…..

‘kind of….but that’s not what’s bothering me….’ She looked straight at him and wondered how her question was going to sound….

She was curious, for many years…no one spoke about her late grandmother, Margeret Oluwatosin but her father usually told her she looked like the woman….

She saw pictures of the woman quite alright, but her children and husband, the lion rarely spoke of her….she had to know more about her grandmother….

‘what is it child’? the lion wondered what could sadden his little princess this much….

‘don’t be offended o….can you tell me about my late grandmother? I want to know more….’she stroked her fingers anxiously….

The lion didn’t respond…he simply stared at her for what looked like ages….how could he bring himself to tell her about her devilish grandmother? His marriage to Margeret had been a total mistake…

She wasn’t worth remembering….she had cheated on him severally and had made several attempt on his life….

He cleared his throat and tried to find his voice….he leaned back on the chair and searched for words…but they eluded him….

Luckily, his phone rang and broke the akward silence……

‘excuse me Olateni’ he picked up the phone briefly…hoping she would forget about the matter when he was done talking with whoever had called….

‘Good morning Sir….’ The caller was the first to speak….

‘morning….this is’? the lion hadn’t bothered checking the caller identity…

‘Mr Idris Agbo….the manager of SAZAD FOODS LIMITED…..’ the man paused after introducing himself….

‘oh….Mr Idris….i remember you very well…but you should be talking to my grandson Olayinka, he is the C.E.O of olive Groves Corporations right now….’ The Man had visited him some months ago with a business proposal, which he was yet to look into…

‘I did….but he said I should clear with you first….that you have the final say sir…’ Idris replied….

‘good good…what was that your proposal about’? the older man tried recollecting…but he couldn’t ….

‘SAZAD FOODS would love to send six of her workers to the Olive Groves marketing and administrating department for a six months training….’ He explained….

‘oh? So what did Yinka say’? the lion wondered why his grandson hadn’t called him personally…definitely, the boy was still angry with him….but it was for the best…

‘He read through the proposal and said it was okay….’

‘good good…..then I approve…have a good day Idris…’ he ended the call and faced his lovely granddaughter…

‘Teni….we should go have lunch…I am hungry….’ he walked towards her and rubbed her head….

‘lunch? It’s still morning sir’ she wondered why her grandfather had to ignore her question….she would find out soon enough….

‘hmmm…..okay….let’s have some fruits then…after which we would go horse riding’ he hoped she had forgotten about the Margeret issue….

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 3:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
‘bring me all the files from the legal department….there’s something I want to check….’ Yinka called out to his secretary….

He’d just finished speaking with the manager of SAZAD foods and the man had brought a proposal….it seemed fair….

It would be a kind of industrial training programme for the workers who were being chosen to represent their company….but it all rested on the lion….the old man who was about to ruin his life….

He just couldn’t imagine getting married to someone other than Ife….it wasn’t going to happen…the old man was just making empty threats…he wouldn’t dare tamper with the family business by disinheriting him just because of some stupid game….

He would call Ifeoluwa later …he missed her already….he remembered how he made love to her in his office….he shook his head and smiled….

‘things we do for love’ he mused as he went through some files….she was just the woman for him….even the way she made love…she knew how to give and receive pleasure….

‘knock knock’ someone tapped on his door….it had to be Ngozi his secretary….the girl was just clumsy…he’d wanted replacing her times without number….but she managed to persuade him with some sorry story about her mother who has a cardiac problem and needs money….

Well, he wasn’t a devil, he was going to tolerate her as long as possible, till he found someone better than her….

‘come in Ngozi…’ he replied….

‘Ngozi? Is that your latest chic’ a familiar baritone replied….

Yinka raised his head up and smiled….it had been so long, okay it was just six months…but he’d missed his friend badly….

‘Yomi….you’re back….you didn’t tell me…I missed you badly guy’ he gave him a bearhug and they both shook each other….

‘I called….maybe you were too busy to pick it’ Yomi replied and settled in one of the chairs….

‘whoa….am sorry bro…I was busy at the time….’ Yinka quickly went through his call log and was amazed to see that his friend had called him approximately seven times….but he’d called at the time…Ife had come to visit him….

And that was bad timing…..

‘busy you say? Man you still look as fresh as ever’ Yomi had gone for a six months training in Qatar, as it was the norm for Olive Groves corporation to send their workers abroad for training yearly….he was quite happy he’d returned home to Nigeria….

‘so how many arab girlfriends do you have now’? Yinka raised his brows and focused on his friend…Yomi was a die hard player…..that was what made them different….he was a hit and run type of guy…while Yinka was a faithful lover….

‘guy….bone dat tin….i had to enjoy myself sha…but them arab girls aren’t to be compared with Naija babes….dem lack assets…you know what I mean?’ Yomi winked and crossed one leg over the other…it felt good to be back….

‘hahahahaha….you have to change….’ Yinka chuckled softly….

‘so what about your madam…are you still bleeping her?’ he referred to Ifeoluwa….Yinka was the closest friend he had and they told each other everything….though he’d disapproved of Yinka’s affair with Ife…he wouldn’t listen…

‘she dey o…..but Yawa don gas….’ Yinka had a lot to tell his friend ….

‘guy….i hope say her husband never catch you o…’ Yomi sat up…eager to hear more….

‘that would’ve been better…..’ his grandfather had really put him in a tight corner….

‘wow….then this is bad….i warned you about her Yinka…now she’s about messing up your life….’ Yomi shook his head sadly….

‘no…she’s not the one that wants to mess up my life….it’s my grandfather….’ He replied…

‘the lion? Ko ye mi? I don’t understand ….’ Yomi was confused….

‘knock knock….can I come in sir?’ Ngozi’s high pitched voice broke their conversation….

‘you know what? Let’s hang out tonight….we have a lot of catching up to do….’ Yomi rose up from the chair…he had enough work on his table too….

‘no problem Yomi….see you later then….’ Yinka nodded at his friend…just like old times, they would catch some fun….

‘come in Ngozi….’ he beckoned her in….he didn’t miss the lustful desires in Yomi’s eyes as he stared at the young girl….

He would call him to order later….

‘good morning all….’ The manager addressed the workers….there had been a slight change in the firm and he had to let them know about it….

‘why does he look so serious’? Ego whispered to Mimi who sat beside her and was too busy responding to her chats on BBM…

‘I dunno….maybe his wife didn’t give him some last night….’ Ima grinned….

‘so…I called this meeting because it’s very urgent….for now, the seminar would be cancel…we’ll have to resolve this other issue first….’ He paused as some of the workers murmured….

‘we all know that SAZAD FOODS has one of its roughest year of production….and it’s a miracle that we have been able to continue without having to retrench some workers…however, ’ He paused again as the murmuring heightened….

‘this sounds serious….Mimi, you should listen to this…like we’re about to get a sack letter’ Ego was a bit disturbed….Mr Idris Agbo wasn’t usually this gloomy….

‘no…you can’t say….’ Ima dropped her phone and looked up….

‘however….We sent a proposal to the biggest and strongest Company in Africa and the world…. Olive Groves Corporation….some of our best workers would be sent there for training….you see, we can borrow their ideas…we can learn from them….so some workers would be selected and they are to resume with immediate effect….’ He continued….

‘that is a good idea sir….but what happens to the rest of us’? one worker voiced out his fears….

‘well…nothing would happen…but this company rests on those six people that would be selected….they need to be make most of it….that is the time they’ll be spending over there…they shouldn’t lose focus…we shall lecture them before they leave’ he concluded the meeting and vacated the conference hall….

‘wow….that sounds interesting….i know about that company….’ Ima smiled excitedly…she hoped she would be chosen….

‘wait….isn’t it that company we heard on the news last night’? Ego wondered….

‘yes it is…the very same one….’ Ima replied as they both returned to their offices….

‘I’ll be back…let me use the ladies’ Ima excused herself ….while Ego walked down to their office alone….

……………………………………………………

The news had been everywhere,most of their family friends had called her before she’d even gotten the chance to leave the house….

They’d called to congratulate her about the success of Olive Groves Corporation….something Yinka had failed to tell her….

‘stubborn child…your grandfather would teach you a lesson….’ Chidinma looked around the office and tapper her feet continuously….

She had come to see Egodiamaka and she was being directed to the waiting room beside the main office….she couldn’t wait to set her eyes on the young woman….

She removed her phone once again and went through the fashion blog Tessy had registered her with…..she needed to get busy and she hoped the meeting wouldn’t take so long, she had an appointment with her doctor….

Whatever happened, she could always come back….

‘madam, Miss Anderson is back’ the young receptionist informed her and she smiled happily at the girl….

‘thank you very much dear….’ She almost tipped the girl but she refrained from doing so….

………………………………………………………….

Egodiamaka waited patiently in her office for the visitor she had been told she had…..she was surprised as she wasn’t expecting anyone….

The door creaked slightly and fell ajar….then the woman smiled as she saw her angel, the angel that had saved her life….

‘Mrs Oluwatosin….’ Ego exclaimed surprised to see the woman in her office….

‘Egodiamaka….how are you doing?’ the woman walked closer and gave her a hug….

‘welcome ma….please have a seat…what can I offer you? Am so pleased to see you here Ma….’ She was quite excited…and she wondered if he was here? if Yinka was here….

‘calm down Nne….i am alright…I came to see you ….’ She looked around the well furnished office….

‘thank you Ma…how is your health? Hope you’re very okay’? she was concerned….

‘yes dear, all thanks to you that saved me….’ She pointed at Ego….

‘ No, all thanks to God almighty….he’s the one that deserves all the praise….’ She smiled at the woman….

‘yes Nne…. You are right, i nwetere ya’

‘so…Yinka told me this morning you were in some kind of trouble…I hope you’re fine Ego…I was so worried about you…..’ she scanned over the young woman ….

‘he did?’ Ego’s heart fluttered…did he really care about her?

‘Yes dear….’

‘well…I lost my transport fare and the driver gave me some kind of trouble….’she narrated her ordeal to the woman….

‘ wow, thank God Yinka showed up….’ She knew her son was meant for Ego viceversa….

Before Ego could reply….Mimi burst in excitedly….

‘Ego you are a very lucky lady….Yinka Oluwatosin is the boss of Olive Groves Corporation….my dear, you need to hook up with that guy o…as fast as possible….’ She suddenly went quiet as she noticed Ego’s pained expression…..and who was the other woman…..?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by bossy512(f): 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
Sister weldone , thump up for u, I enjoy the story, God will continue to strengthen u more. thanks. but yawa don't gas o
I just pray it works out for Ego. her friend is too forward, I just pray her attitude will not hinder Ego from hooking Yinka
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by CaraJewel(f): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
Tnx
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 5:16pm On Sep 15, 2016
bossy512:
Sister weldone , thump up for u, I enjoy the story, God will continue to strengthen u more. thanks. but yawa don't gas o
I just pray it works out for Ego. her friend is too forward, I just pray her attitude will not hinder Ego from hooking Yinka

thanks dear
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 5:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
CaraJewel:
Tnx
welcome o
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by kemitola2001(f): 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
u know how to raise the tempo with your write ups and also keep the suspense hanging! am with u all the way.

well done!
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Olabantu(m): 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
You and twist sha......anyways thumbs up......Expecting more
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by mhiztee: 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
good evening ma nice story expecting more
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Agromuda(m): 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2016
Chai!!! Mimi no dy shadow @all.... Ur storiess are always interesting. More ink to ur Pen!!!
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by mizhanny(f): 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
Nice 1 dearie, more ink to ya pen
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by mhiztee: 7:29pm On Sep 15, 2016
good evening ma nice story hope you will update tomorrow
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by superdanny10: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2016
Angelsss, me dey ur back like no man's business tongue
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by teamplayey: 11:50pm On Sep 15, 2016
Ghen ghen! I had a bad feeling concerning Ego's friend. @ Angelsss, you called her 'Mimi' in the last scene. Please who is Ima??
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by MidasTouche01(m): 8:13am On Sep 16, 2016
teamplayey:
Ghen ghen!
I had a bad feeling concerning Ego's friend.
@ Angelsss, you called her 'Mimi' in the last scene. Please who is Ima??

Her name is Ima, but Ego calls her Mimi...

If u can recall she was telling Ego not to call her Mimi that her name is Ima during her first appearance at the beginning of the story.

2 Likes

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 16, 2016
*pitching my tent here.. I ain't gonna leave till we get to the end of this story.... Angelss Bae, You can write ehn kiss
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Twinkle004(f): 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
I am here & present becos of attendance dat wil be mark later...Angelss no teLl me say I absent ooo...
Babe do more wonders in ds story...lolzz.well done
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by edimahgurl(f): 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2016
Okay okay! Am here grin she said short story now she's written six pages grin..kip d good wrk goin dearie.abasi aba ye afo wink
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by teamplayey: 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ok @ Angelsss. Thanks
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by mainaugustine(m): 9:18pm On Sep 16, 2016
You said it was a short story... How many days now abi na irony
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by bossy512(f): 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
Thanks, we are waiting ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by rachealfst(f): 1:10am On Sep 17, 2016
@Angelsss- please how can I get a copy of "In love with her pastor" without going through okada books. Thanks.
Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 2:22am On Sep 17, 2016
rachealfst:
@Angelsss- please how can I get a copy of "In love with her pastor" without going through okada books. Thanks.

you can get the PDF copy...
send me a message for details
aishayasmina@yahoo. com

1 Like

Re: Two Years To Thirty(short Story) by Angelsss(f): 6:39am On Sep 17, 2016
‘darling wake up….else we would be late ….we have an appointment with the doctor….’ Boma shook his sleeping wife gently….

‘hmmmmm…..’ she turned on her side….she couldn’t let him go, no, not when he was about to kiss her….

She always saw his face in her dreams…that moment was theirs alone…he was saying something about getting married to her and starting their family….

‘kiss me my love….kiss me ife mi’ Yinka stared deeply into her eyes….

‘I would do anything for you baby….’ She whispered and clamped her hands round his waist as he pulled her gently towards him….

His mouth tasted different… he smelt of brandy and chocolates…but she loved it….she loved the way his tongues danced in her mouth…she wanted more from this kiss….she couldn’t get enough of Yinka….

‘touch me baby…’ she moaned softly…it felt so real….felt like magic as his hands caressed her laps…she was loving this….

Boma smiled happily…his wife had finally agreed to his needs…he loved the way she acted….like she was asleep but still commanding him …he knew what Ife liked and he would give it to her….

‘I will touch you baby….’ He replied and lay beside her….it had been long he lay so close to his wife…they quarreled most times and over trivial issues….

‘yes…do just that darling….’ She smiled as Yinka broke the kiss and caressed her laps…

‘I love you so much Ife….’ Boma groaned and bit her ears softly…but the thudding of the door brought this special moment to an end….

‘Boma!’ Ife screamed and sat up… what was he doing in her bed? She quickly opened her panties and checked if he’d done anything wrong to her body….

‘yes darling…let’s continue where we stopped…’ he ignored the knocking…he was quite sure his mother was at the door…hell. She needed to give them privacy….

‘continue what? What are you doing in my bed? Are you trying to rape me?’ she gasped at the possibility…what was going on here? she was kissing Yinka in the dream and he caressed her body…how come Boma was the one in her bed?

‘excuse me? Are you drunk? What are you talking about’? Boma suddenly lost interest in his wife…why did she cease every opportunity to insult him…even this early….

‘you havent answered my question…what were you doing in my bed Boma? I thought I told you I was seeing my period….why can’t you be patient?’ she was agitated….

‘calm down Ife….maybe I misinterpreted you….forget this ever happened….i came to inform you about our appointment with the doctor this morning…you should prepare….’ He felt hurt by her rejection, but he wouldn’t show it…

‘oh, so you already fixed an appointment eh?....let me freshen up…see you in thirty minutes….’ She paused as the knocking resumed…. Who on earth would pounce on her door that early?

‘Boma….warn your mother…cause am very sure she’s the only one capable of doing this…’ she hissed angrily…that old witch wouldn’t spoil her morning….

‘hey calm down…let’s see what she wants….’ He walked slowly and opened the door….

‘What are you doing here’? Ife exclaimed as her sister walked into the room with her luggage….

‘I’m so sorry to barge in on you two like this…. Goodmorning In-law….’ She smiled at her sister’s
husband….

‘and morning to you Moji….let me give you guys some space…darling hurry up…remember our appointment….’ He returned Moji’s smile and walked out of the room….

‘Goodmorning Ife….am in real big trouble….’ Moji sighed and fell on the bed…. The only person that could solve her problem right now was Ife…

‘what’s going on Moji….are you travelling somewhere?’ she wondered why her sister had two large boxes in her possession….

‘it’s a long story sis….but I’ll be brief about it…so yesterday I got a sack letter and my rent also expired last week….i’ve used up all my savings….can I crash with you here for few days? I promise to find my way out when I am buoyant ….’ She hoped Ife would approve…

‘whoa….and you had to come now? You know I was about coming over to your place…this isn’t a good time Moji…but I have no other choice but to let you stay….just be careful around here….my mother in-law is around and she’s difficult to please….so…welcome…’ she hoped her sister found a place as soon as possible…

‘yay! Thanks my dear sis…how about Boma? Do you think he would approve’? Moji was concerned…

‘Sure….Boma would do absolutely anything for our family….’ Ife replied….

‘then…I’m ready for breakfast….’ Moji announced excitedly and ran out of the room….

‘funny girl…I hope you find your own place….’ She mused and picked up her phone…. She needed to speak with her baby…. Yinka was etched permanently in her mind and she couldn’t get her mind off him….

‘pick up baby….’ She dialed his number….

‘hello Ife….’ He sounded unhappy….she could read him like a book….

‘Yinka? What’s wrong…..? you aren’t your cheerful self…’ it wasn’t that difficult to know when he was sad….

‘it’s huge…I’ll call you later…okay? I love you baby’ he had to be honest with her….he had to let her in on the lion’s plan….maybe she would have a solution…

‘okay dear…I understand…bye….’she closed her eyes and wished she could take his pain away….
……………………………………………..

‘what do we have here’? Moji opened the cabinet in search of some cereals…the dining room was empty and she wondered if Boma and Ife had anything to eat….

She dropped the pack of golden morn and decided to make some breakfast for them both….she was an excellent cook…and the least she could do was to offer them her culinary services why she crashed with them….

‘irish potatoes it shall be….’ She fetched a chopping board from the cabinet and placed the potatoes in a clean bowl set for peeling….

This was the toughest decision she’d to make…she hated bothering Ife about her problems…she had helped their family a lot….Seun’s education abroad wouldn’t have been possible without Boma’s sponsorship….she had a lot of respect for the man…he was very kind and generous….

Her only prayer for them both was for God to bless them with their own child…..

She heard some footsteps approaching the kitchen….she turned around and faced an old woman….Boma’s mother….

‘Good morning Ma….’ She bent her knee as she greeted the woman….

‘morning….’ The woman observed the strange looking girl steadily….who was she and what was she doing here?

‘I am Ife’s younger sister….i came on a visit….’ Moji quickly added as if she’d read the woman’s thoughts….

‘hmmm welcome….’ The woman replied and walked into the kitchen….

‘Mama what would you like to have for breakfast? I am already preparing something here…or can I fix you a toast’? she smiled kindly at the woman….

Maybe Ife was exaggerating because the woman didn’t seem that horrifying….

‘ehm….i wanted fixing Breakfast for Boma…your sister has been starving my son….look at the time she wakes up….but since you’re here…you can do that for me…thank you….’ She wondered where Ife had gotten her character from, as the girl that stood before her was far different from her disrespectful mother in-law….

‘are you sure you don’t want anything Mama’? Moji pressed on….the woman reminded her of her late grandmother….

‘no child… I don’t eat in the mornings….hurry with the food…I shall return soon’ she smiled at the young woman and strolled out….

………………………………………………

‘this taste so good Mama….i really appreciate your efforts….’ Boma sipped his coffee, feeling satisfied with the breakfast he just had….
There was nothing like a mother’s cooking….

‘I didn’t prepare that’….the woman was displeased with her son’s non-chalant attitude towards the things that went on in his house….

‘wow….then who did? Who could cook better than Mama Boma’? his attempt to make her smile was futile….so he gave up….

‘look here Boma…..you need to send that woman away…so tell me, If that young woman wasn’t here to make you breakfast…you would’ve gone to work on an empty belly….’

‘Mama…what are you talking about’? he peered at his watch and wondered why his wife hadn’t yet showed up….

‘I’m highly disappointed in you Boma….sometimes you make me wonder if I truly gave birth to you….you disappoint me greatly….’ She hissed and walked out of the dining room, as her haughty daughter in-law walked in….

‘I’m set Boma….’ Ife pawed sweetly and gave her mother in-law an icy look….

‘so? Aren’t you gonna greet my mother’? why was his wife this difficult….

‘well…lest I forget….Moji would be staying with me for few days….i hope you don’t mind….she can help with the house chores and cooking…so let’s go’ she walked out ….wondering what the scowl on her husband’s face was for….

‘I hate that I love you Ife….’ Boma was greatly infuriated by her insolence but he would tolerate her…he would do anything for her love….

Chidinma stared at the young lady that walked in unannounced…. She was a bit surprised by the words that she’d uttered….

‘So Ma, how is work’? Ego ignored her friend completely and faced Mrs Oluwatosin…how could Imaobong do this to her?

What would Mrs Oluwatosin take her for? What if the woman thought her a gold digger? Her friend had gone too far this time and she had to be put in her place….

‘I don’t work Ego….’ She knew the outbursts of the other young woman had unsettled Ego…she was immediately uncomfortable….

‘good morning madam…’ Imaobong finally recovered from her embarrassment…one look at Ego’s tight face was enough to let her know that she was in trouble….but who could blame her? She was over excited for her friend….

‘morning my dear….welcome…’ Mrs Oluwatosin glanced at the young lady once more… no, she wasn’t going to be discouraged….the young woman seemed rash and somewhat loud…she hoped Ego didn’t share some of her characteristics…. She ignored the words she had heard earlier and decided it was irrelevant to her purpose of visiting Ego….

‘so my dear….i want you to come and dine with me tonight’ she watched Ego’s face closely….. she knew a gold digger when she saw one…but Ego was neither a pretender neither was she a greedy person….

Chidinmma trusted her heart….it never failed her…. It wouldn’t now….

‘dinner with you’? Ego was thrilled by the invitation….but was it necessary? It appeared the woman wanted repaying her for saving her life that day…..

But she wouldn’t have it… she did it out of her goodwill and not for any kind of material gain….

‘yes…don’t you want to taste my cooking? Come nne, I will make you Abacha….please….’ Chidinmma wouldn’t let this one go…

‘please don’t beg me…I would come for you Ma….’ She was secretly excited about the whole thing…she wondered if Olayinka would be present…

‘okay then …I have an appointment with my doctor….give me your number so we could keep in touch….’ Chidinmma was pleased by what she’d achieved so far….

‘here it is Ma….’ She handed the woman her complimentary card….

‘okay….have a nice day Ego, I’ll be expecting you…come around 6p.m….don’t be late….’ The woman reached out for a hug which Ego couldn’t refuse…

She was starting to like this woman…

‘I’m so sorry Egodiamaka….i never knew you had a visitor…I would never have done something like that….’ Ima walkd to where her friend stood immediately Chidinmma closed the door behind her….

‘how could you do this to me? That woman would have a bad impression about me….do you even know who she is?’ Ego hissed angrily…

‘no…but I am sorry, I didn’t mean for that to happen…please believe me’ Ima couldn’t piss of the only friend she’d made since she started walking with SAZAD foods….

‘that is Yinka’s mother….the woman that got shot close to my house….you’ve ruined me Mimi…how could you? Why do you always do this to me?’ Ego bit her lip ….

‘my god! I’m so sorry….’ Ima gasped….she prayed she hadn’t ruined anything…Ego would be so mad at her….

‘just forget it…let me be on my own for a while….’ She settled in her chair and ignored her friend totally…but Ima wouldn’t budge….

‘I said am sorry…you can’t get rid of me…I know I make you angry mostly but I am still the only friend you’ll ever have….i understand you Ego and I don’t judge you….if this makes you happy….we have both been selected for the training at Olive Groves corporation’ Ima winked at her friend…praying Ego would even look her way…

Well, it sure did….

‘wait are you serious? That name sounds familiar…isn’t that where Yinka works’? Ego’s face brightened…

‘yes I told you that minutes ago…but you’re wrong…Yinka doesn’t work there…he owns it…’ Ima replied…she couldn’t wait to go over there….

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

The Complete Assassin / Iyawo Mammy-water(18+) / Flow And Snow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.