Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline (2350 Views)

PDP Blasts Bello Over Public Holiday / Hanan Buhari Flies First-Class To London: PDP Blasts Buhari / PDP Blasts Bello For Donating To Aisha Buhari's Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by gohome: 10:04am On Sep 02, 2016
In a series of tweets with chats and figures the PDP blast the finance Minister Mrs Kemi Adeosun. See Tweets below

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by gohome: 10:05am On Sep 02, 2016
More Tweets

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by oduastates: 10:08am On Sep 02, 2016
Can we borrow Stalin or Mao Tse Sung from the grave?
Perhaps Fidel castro can still do a job.

Buhari has gone soft. This is not what I voted for. The Buhari I voted for was the 1983 Buhari.
Why are these clowns not yet on exile?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by gohome: 10:11am On Sep 02, 2016
In this light, we can all agree that we need extraordinary leaders to solve our problems. This Present team do not have that capability. 2019 is so on my mind. To vote properly as citizens, we need to hear people with extraordinary plans that are workable. We need to ask our leaders or leaders to be how they are going to solve our issues from Power to corruption to bad roads etc. We do not want to hear the cliche that I will stop corruption. The deal here is how will you stop corruption, how will you diversify our economy. What are the details?

Brazil with almost the same population as Nigeria has a budget of 980 billion Dollars, guess what's Nigerian budget, more than 10 times less. Which leader will effectively harness our potential? Only people with capacity can. Even if we stop the looting of the money we currently have, we would still be in a mess.

The big problem is 70 percent of the people that will vote do not understand this problems. Bag of rice and clean stove is enough to sway their votes. Another 15 percent understand, but are to blinded by emotions. Tribal and/or religious sentiments. The remaining 15 percent don't have a better option, would not be bothered and not vote. So who will move us forward? Again, it only has to be an extraordinary leader devoid of tribal sentiment, that will first of all educate the 70% such that they can understand current reality, eliminate all forms of -isms tribal, racial, sexism, and so on.

We have to succeed. We alone have to bring ourselves up. The West and the East naturally do not want us to succeed. They will naturally want to keep us perpetually poor , so we continue to be at their mercy. Japan broke loose along time ago. China just broke loose, Brazil is breaking loose. What are we waiting for? Old and senile leaders? Vision less leaders.

My dear youth our issues are systematic. lets us debate systematic solutions to our problem. Let's us look for leaders that can deliver. Our destiny is in our hands

Even though I really don't like the PDP, for the first time, I think PDP's response looked so mature and credible

lalasticlala
You should put this on FP

7 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 02, 2016
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 02, 2016
oduastates:

Buhari has gone soft. This is not what I voted for. The Buhari I voted for was the 1983 Buhari.
Hmmm over 50 trucks of rice and Turkey were allegedly imported smuggled rather into Nigeria from Benin republic under the watchful eyes of the security agencies.... The reporter alleged that the security guys even passed them through.... Lesson hunger unites all!
@Buhari am sure doesn't want that united front

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by chriskosherbal(m): 10:32am On Sep 02, 2016
Hmmm politics
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by danmasani101: 10:39am On Sep 02, 2016
oduastates:

Keep deceiving yourself........

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by AZeD1(m): 11:32am On Sep 02, 2016
When the present government proposed the budget of N6 trillion, this same PDP complained and said the budget should be reduced to less than N4 trillion.
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by gohome: 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
AZeD1:
When the present government proposed the budget of N6 trillion, this same PDP complained and said the budget should be reduced to less than N4 trillion.

So what's your point?

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by AZeD1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
gohome:

So what's your point?
Its hypocritical suggesting the government spends massive amount of money on capital project when you(PDP) was initially against the proposed budget.
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by gohome: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
AZeD1:

Its hypocritical suggesting the government spends massive amount of money on capital project when you(PDP) was initially against the proposed budget.

I get your point. It's a shame though that you still think 'hypocritical'PDP is your problem.

Find out how we are doing revenue generated versus budget YTD. Then you will understand.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by adconline(m): 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
AZeD1:
because you don't understand how budget works. They increased recurrent expenditure -chop mony-to 70% and 60% of that will be borrowed. It's like borrowing money from your neighbor to throw a party.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by AZeD1(m): 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
adconline:

because you don't understand how budget works. They increased recurrent expenditure -chop mony-to 70% and 60% of that will be borrowed. It's like borrowing money from your neighbor to throw a party.
Erm this year's budget has the highest capital expenditure ever in the history of the country.
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by AZeD1(m): 4:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
gohome:

I get your point. It's a shame though that you still think 'hypocritical'PDP is your problem.

Find out how we are doing revenue generated versus budget YTD. Then you will understand.

I don't think PDP is my problem......
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by adconline(m): 4:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
AZeD1:

Erm this year's budget has the highest capital expenditure ever in the history of the country.
Not true. You are not reading deeper, higher than last year but not all other years. Mind you they increased the budget by 50% from N4tn to N6tn and still capped capex at 30%. Also ministers and aides came out to say that they would only implement CAPEX by 15%.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by AZeD1(m): 4:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
adconline:

Not true. You are not reading deeper, higher than last year but not all other years. Mind you they increased the budget by 50% from N4tn to N6tn and still capped capex at 30%. Also ministers and aides came out to say that they would only implement CAPEX by 15%.
50% of 1.8 T is still more than CAPEX of last year.
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by adconline(m): 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
AZeD1:

50% of 1.8 T is still more than CAPEX of last year.
Naija didn't start existing since last year. Previous years CAPEX was above 30% when budget was about N4tn with exchange rate of less than N150.
Ministries were reduced by 50% and RECEX was still increased. Presidency budget went from N6.6bn in 2015 to N39bn in 2016. Most importantly, it's pure profligacy to borrow 60% of ur budget to finance recurring expenditure.
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by AZeD1(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
adconline:

Naija didn't start existing since last year. Previous years CAPEX was above 30% when budget was about N4tn with exchange rate of less than N150.
Ministries were reduced by 50% and RECEX was still increased. Presidency budget went from N6.6bn in 2015 to N39bn in 2016. Most importantly, it's pure profligacy to borrow 60% of ur budget to finance recurring expenditure.
Ministries weren't "reduced", minsters were. Those workers still correct salary.
I can't remember a time CAPEX was above 30%.
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by adconline(m): 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2016
AZeD1:

Ministries weren't "reduced", minsters were. Those workers still correct salary.
I can't remember a time CAPEX was above 30%.
Google is ur best friend! So Fashola is the minister of three ministries with the same number of aides, PAS, and workers as he would have had if all the ministries weren't merged?

5 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by Pavarottii(m): 7:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
This is the kind of opposition we need in Nigeria.

Buhari should just resign cos they lack the fiscal discipline to carry out their proposed solution. Wen I saw that expenditure has increased in Wage bill; I was wondering where the 23,000 ghost workers money was among or is it that APC has added more ghost workers...? undecided

2 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by Pavarottii(m): 7:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
gohome:

In this light, we can all agree that we need extraordinary leaders to solve our problems. This Present team do not have that capability. 2019 is so on my mind. To vote properly as citizens, we need to hear people with extraordinary plans that are workable. We need to ask our leaders or leaders to be how they are going to solve our issues from Power to corruption to bad roads etc. We do not want to hear the cliche that I will stop corruption. The deal here is how will you stop corruption, how will you diversify our economy. What are the details?

Brazil with almost the same population as Nigeria has a budget of 980 billion Dollars, guess what's Nigerian budget, more than 10 times less. Which leader will effectively harness our potential? Only people with capacity can. Even if we stop the looting of the money we currently have, we would still be in a mess.

The big problem is 70 percent of the people that will vote do not understand this problems. Bag of rice and clean stove is enough to sway their votes. Another 15 percent understand, but are to blinded by emotions. Tribal and/or religious sentiments. The remaining 15 percent don't have a better option, would not be bothered and not vote. So who will move us forward? Again, it only has to be an extraordinary leader devoid of tribal sentiment, that will first of all educate the 70% such that they can understand current reality, eliminate all forms of -isms tribal, racial, sexism, and so on.

We have to succeed. We alone have to bring ourselves up. The West and the East naturally do not want us to succeed. They will naturally want to keep us perpetually poor , so we continue to be at their mercy. Japan broke loose along time ago. China just broke loose, Brazil is breaking loose. What are we waiting for? Old and senile leaders? Vision less leaders.

My dear youth our issues are systematic. lets us debate systematic solutions to our problem. Let's us look for leaders that can deliver. Our destiny is in our hands

Even though I really don't like the PDP, for the first time, I think PDP's response looked so mature and credible

lalasticlala
You should put this on FP
Well said bro. PDP we know are also thieves. The average natural Nigerian is greedy; but in terms of governance they are miles ahead of APC.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by Adminisher: 7:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
PDP ke?. Fiscal discipline? How did the two words come into one sentence. People who went into CBN and shared the money. People who put cash on a plane to buy arms.
People whose average budget performance while in power was 15 percent. Nigeria is in trouble with this quality of opposition.

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by homosapien(m): 7:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pavarottii:

Well said bro. PDP we know are also thieves. The average natural Nigerian is greedy; but in terms of governance they are miles ahead of APC.

I totally disagree with that
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by Pavarottii(m): 8:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
homosapien:

I totally disagree with that
And ur reasons?

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by Geniro: 8:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
Adminisher:
PDP ke?. Fiscal discipline? How did the two words come into one sentence. People who went into CBN and shared the money. People who put cash on a plane to buy arms.
People whose average budget performance while in power was 15 percent. Nigeria is in trouble with this quality of opposition.

Counter the constructive criticism or shut up.

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by homosapien(m): 8:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pavarottii:

And ur reasons?

A party that has been in power from 1999-2016 with the following score card.

An Economy dependent on the price of oil. Never built a new refinery and couldn't maintain the existing ones.

An ageing infrastructure that couldn't cope with the growing population. Think of Nigeria national asset and list the ones built during pdp 15 year rein. Even the existing ones lack proper maintenance. Examples which airport in Nigeria is of international standard.

From my little understanding, for any economy to develop and grow, transportation plays an important roles. You will agree with me that Nigeria transportation system is in comatose state beginning from Roads constructed during the first and second republic which are now death trap. Rail transport was only revive during Gej administration and water transport is alien to Nigeria. Even the Air transport is below average.

Acting as a corollary to transportation system is social infrastructure especially Energy commonly referred to as power or electricity. For fifteen good years and huge amount of billions of dollars spent on power generation and distributions, Nigeria can only boast of 5,000 megawatts as at when pdp handed over power. Now you will agree with me that power is a perquisites for a vibrant manufacturing sector. The question now is, can 5,000 megawatts caters for a population of about 170,000,000 and a vibrant manufacturing sector? Which explains company providing their own electricity which add more to their working capital.

Our educational sector is nothing to write home about except if you didn't school in Nigeria. I won't go into details.

In addition about 80% of Nigerian youth is under employed if at all they are employed.

My idea of good governance is that government should put the people first and provide the basic social and physical infrastructure where individual citizen can realise their dreams. Therefore on that premise PDP wasted 15 goods years and handed a failed Economy with billions of naira and dollars spent

Finally from 1999 to 2015, calculate the total budget of PDP and juxtaposed it with the existing infrastructure and tell me whether they are good administrator. Personally, I am of the opinion that God's blessed us as a nation but he gave us wicked, selfish, greedy, and visionless people to lead Us, and we the citizens are sometimes the architect of our own misfortune because we still support them despite there economy sabotage.
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by KahlDrogo(m): 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
oduastates:
Perhaps Fidel castro can still do a job.

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by Pavarottii(m): 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
homosapien:

A party that has been in power from 1999-2016 with the following score card.

An Economy dependent on the price of oil. Never built a new refinery and couldn't maintain the existing ones.

An ageing infrastructure that couldn't cope with the growing population. Think of Nigeria national asset and list the ones built during pdp 15 year rein. Even the existing ones lack proper maintenance. Examples which airport in Nigeria is of international standard.

From my little understanding, for any economy to develop and grow, transportation plays an important roles. You will agree with me that Nigeria transportation system is in comatose state beginning from Roads constructed during the first and second republic which are now death trap. Rail transport was only revive during Gej administration and water transport is alien to Nigeria. Even the Air transport is below average.

Acting as a corollary to transportation system is social infrastructure especially Energy commonly referred to as power or electricity. For fifteen good years and huge amount of billions of dollars spent on power generation and distributions, Nigeria can only boast of 5,000 megawatts as at when pdp handed over power. Now you will agree with me that power is a perquisites for a vibrant manufacturing sector. The question now is, can 5,000 megawatts caters for a population of about 170,000,000 and a vibrant manufacturing sector? Which explains company providing their own electricity which add more to their working capital.

Our educational sector is nothing to write home about except if you didn't school in Nigeria. I won't go into details.

In addition about 80% of Nigerian youth is under employed if at all they are employed.

My idea of good governance is that government should put the people first and provide the basic social and physical infrastructure where individual citizen can realise their dreams. Therefore on that premise PDP wasted 15 goods years and handed a failed Economy with billions of naira and dollars spent

Finally from 1999 to 2015, calculate the total budget of PDP and juxtaposed it with the existing infrastructure and tell me whether they are good administrator. Personally, I am of the opinion that God's blessed us as a nation but he gave us wicked, selfish, greedy, and visionless people to lead Us, and we the citizens are sometimes the architect of our own misfortune because we still support them despite there economy sabotage.
I know the angle u r coming from; so no need to reply u.

Av a nice day. Enjoy ur change.

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by homosapien(m): 9:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pavarottii:

I know the angle u r coming from; so no need to reply u.

Av a nice day. Enjoy ur change.

I guess you don't have constructive rebuttal. have a nice day
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by IVORY2009(m): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
[quote author=KahlDrogo post=49022065][/quote]

M mutum , a nan za ka sake , yadda aka your Okada aiki yi, ni na zo muku da Alloli alheri.
Re: PDP Blasts Kemi Adeosun Again! Says FG Lacks Fiscal Discipline by Pavarottii(m): 9:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
homosapien:

I guess you don't have constructive rebuttal. have a nice day
Wat constructive rebuttal would I av for someone that is saying that APC knows more about governance than PDP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Aide Femi Adesina Does Not Know How To Spell Depart(see What He Posted) / Breaking It Down For Those Who Do Not Realize Why It Is Wrong To Arrest Judges I / See What Enugu Governor Did Today Following The Fire Outbreak In Onitsha. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.