Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi (31491 Views)

Leke Adeboye: 'RCCG Is A Threat To Islam In Nigeria' - Pastor Adeboye's Son Says / Human Robotic School Built In Ukraine By A Nigeria Pastor & Others (Photos) / Muslims Have A Right To Islamise Nigeria - Emmanuel Adetoyese Badejo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by GoodMuyis(m): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
The General Overseer of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, has dismissed insinuations that certain interests are planning to Islamise Nigeria, saying the will of the people cannot be overruled easily.

Kumuyi, who said this on Thursday in Calabar, Cross River State, also noted that Nigeria was experiencing the worst economic recession in 29 years.

The Deeper Life General Overseer, however, expressed the hope that the country would come out of the current recession, which he also noted had affected the churches.

According to Kumuyi, who was responding to questions on alleged plans to Islamise Nigeria as well as the targeted killings of Christians in the North, imposing a religion on the people of Nigeria will only be possible if the people choose to be docile.

While stressing that the will of the people could not be easily overruled, Kumuyi called for religious tolerance among Nigerians.

He said, “I think it depends on the will of the people. You cannot impose a religion on a country without the will of the people. Worshiping God is a personal thing.

“If I choose my way, so will it be. If a country is said to be going through a process, if the people are asleep and they do not have any conviction, then it becomes easy for another person to impose what he feels he has on you. But the will of the people will not be easily overruled.

“When we say alleged killing, we will need to investigate well. Neither of the two dominant religions in Nigeria – Christianity and Islam – advocate the killing of neighbours. The love of our neighbour is key here and the Islamic religion came in through Abraham.

“So, basically, we are having the same great grand-grandparents. So, we should rethink and understand that it will be good to allow the people to live together in peace and allow them to have their free will to choose how to worship.”

Speaking on the unfolding economic recession, Kumuyi said something must have gone wrong over the years but he was quick to add that the country would come out of it.

Kumuyi, who confirmed that the recession was affecting churches, however, stressed that the house of God would continue to play its role in the society despite the downturn.

“The information is now made public and official that this is the worst recession in Nigeria in the last 29 years. Well, as it affects the church, it also affects everyone.

“But there are things we still do in spite of the economy. Money is just a servant to man and it is not supposed to be the master. There are things we keep doing even when money is not there. I believe that we will come out of this recession,” he said.

http://m.punchng.com/nobody-can-impose-islam-nigeria-says-kumuyi/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by DLuciano: 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
only time will tell, but i know islamization of Nigeria will not work, because the chief executor buhari, will soon be booted out come 2019, if not less

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by dionma: 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
I stand with Kumuyi

52 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by promise10: 2:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
This is how pastors will continue to talk mess, until it is now GLARING on our eyes, then we will know that it's took late.

And listen, I must not agree with him because he is a pastor!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
Please dont start what CAN can not finish angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by NameChecker: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
anonimi:
Kumuyi must be a JOKER.
Abi the man no dey for Nigeria BuhariSTAN ni

Learn to have respect for your elders

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by MrMcJay(m): 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
promise10:
This is how pastors will continue to talk mess, until it is now GLARING on our eyes, then we will know that it's took late.

The highlighted part shows the sort of home training you received.

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by PrinceAbinibi: 2:37pm On Sep 02, 2016
I know sey I no holy na Pastor Kumuyi!
Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by minwafor: 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Tell them Pastor. Not when men like Kumuyi, Adeboye,Oyedepo and me are alive.

7 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by ifenes(m): 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Coming from a hypocrite who is responsible for indoctrinating kids with his junk religion.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by generalbush(m): 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
I stand with pastor...

11 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by Berbierklaus(f): 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
promise10:

You are wise

Everything happening in Nigeria today points to the fact that christians might soon become endangered specie.

We pray not,but the earlier these men of God realise what's going on the better for all of us

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by meemeee: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
I stand with you sir

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by obikiel(m): 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Oga u must not disagree with him because he is a pastor
Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by ammyluv2002(f): 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
minwafor:
Tell them Pastor. Not when men like Kumuyi, Adeboye,Oyedepo and me are alive.
Are you not a man of God? What happened to your prayers? angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by seunny4lif(m): 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by ihatebuhari(f): 2:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
thanks Papa

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by 989900: 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
People like FFK are just trying to sow discord, so they can use that in 2019 as a weapon.

Nice one Pastor Kumuyi.

14 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by ihatebuhari(f): 2:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
Islam is a time bomb

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by Qmerit(m): 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
I concur sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by otabuko(m): 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
No be today i know that one...

Bubu will try...

Elrufai will try....

The commander in lie... Lai Mohammed will try too....

God's grace and will will outclass then all..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by sonofluc1fer: 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
Well, the country has already been taken over by violent foreign religions. And now both useless religions are done destroying our native religions, they now have to jostle for the top position.
May Jesus and Mohammed never know peace.

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by Tkayhandsome(m): 2:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
Instead of me to join Islam I rather become Babalawo dey bow for Ogun and Osun.
Besides, you can't force anyone to serve Muhammad. No be force.

Even my sweet Jesus no dey force people to serve am..

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by ireneony(f): 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
Hahaha
Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by davss02(m): 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
True talk....
The is another opportunity for those of you that haven't given your life to christ...accept jesus as ur lord and personal savior..tomorrow maybe to late
#jesusSaves#

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by eph12(m): 2:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
ifenes:
Coming from a hypocrite who is responsible for indoctrinating kids with his junk religion.
Are you scared of becoming a Muslim too? Or you would miss bashing pastors if everybody becomes Muslim?

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by sidneyj(m): 2:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
promise10:

u can go off if u dont have any reasonable thing to say......thank u for ur cooperation tongue tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by Jacks14: 2:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
DLuciano:
only time will tell, but i know islamization of Nigeria will not work, because the chief executor buhari, will soon be booted out come 2019, if not less
power of MTN10mb bonus at work

6 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by MadCow1: 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
But you guys can Christianize it abi?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by davss02(m): 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
promise10:

Why do you keep looking for trouble?..

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Islamise Nigeria - Pastor Kumuyi by SenatePresdo(m): 2:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
There is no way Buhari can islamize Nigeria.
I believe that freedom of worship is in our constitution, and Buhari cannot change it by himself alone even if he wishes to.
However, It will be more easier for Nigeria to disintegrate than to be islamized.

Religion supersedes all political ideology,
And the northern politicians that would want to use their power to implement sharian law would be surprised by how many of their political alliances from the south that would oppose them on such move.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shepherd Bushiri Buys Wife G-Wagon For Her Birthday (Photos) / Dr. Paul And Becky Enenche Take Christmas Welfare Ministration To Benue (PIX) / Apostle Suleman Visits IGP Idris (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.