Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC (3855 Views)

Beware Of Bitcoin, Swisscoin, Others, SEC Warns Nigerians / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / MMM Is A Big Scam: A Complete And Thorough Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by Bookiemart01(f): 1:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
This is to some of us on mmm. Nigerian government will scrap it soon..

The attention of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria (“SEC”) has been drawn to the activities of an online investment scheme tagged ‘MMM Federal Republic of Nigeria (nigeria.). The platform has embarked on an aggressive online media campaign to lure the investing public to participate in what it called “mutual aid financial network” with a monthly investment return of 30%

The Commission hereby notifies the investing public that the operation of this investment scheme has no tangible business model hence it’s a PONZI SCHEME where returns are paid from other people’s invested sum. Also, its operation is not registered by the Commission.

The general public is hereby advised to distance themselves from this online scheme. Please note that anyone that subscribe to this illegal activity does so at his/her own risk.

Cc lalasticlala mydd

Source
http://sec.gov.ng/the-attention-of-the-securities-and-exchange-commission-nigeria-sec-has-been-drawn-to-the-activities-of-an-online-investment-scheme-tagged-mmm-federal-republic-of-nigeria/
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by Eunetmoi(f): 1:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
Thank God 4 my ass. I'm just about starting... shocked
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by Bookiemart01(f): 1:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
God loves you wink
I have always wondered why a business that is not a business that gives interests, of up to 30%, within short periods...

Eunetmoi:
Thank God 4 my ass. I'm just about starting... shocked

2 Likes

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by mikeade53(m): 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
See it this way:

"MMM is like a house full of rice. There's so much rice stored in the room such that if you eat 20 cups alone, it won't shake the rice storage.

*Remember*, before you eat, you must have contributed your own small rice amount to the the large storage.

That rice storage can never be exhausted unless everyone comes to take rice on the same day from the storage.. but in MMM this is not possible because the release date of every fund put into MMM is 2 weeks, before then more people would have deposited more rice.."

if you don't know how it works please don't discourage or scare people from making financial breakthrough.
want to know more Whatsapp Me 08123272289

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by mikeade53(m): 1:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
Bookiemart01:
God loves you wink
I have always wondered why a business that is not a business that gives interests, of up to 30%, within short periods...

you just missed a great opportunity, life is risk and seeing the right risk is what makes a man

3 Likes

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by emankabu(m): 1:45pm On Sep 02, 2016
Has SEC helped the teaming youth unemployment? Only to gather money to their bank account. MMM is not an investment nor business and no registered office. We are just community helping ourselves. You will need to enact a law stopping people from helping each other first.
Bookiemart01:

The attention of the Securities and Exchange Commission, Nigeria (“SEC”) has been drawn to the activities of an online investment scheme tagged ‘MMM Federal Republic of Nigeria (nigeria.). The platform has embarked on an aggressive online media campaign to lure the investing public to participate in what it called “mutual aid financial network” with a monthly investment return of 30%

The Commission hereby notifies the investing public that the operation of this investment scheme has no tangible business model hence it’s a PONZI SCHEME where returns are paid from other people’s invested sum. Also, its operation is not registered by the Commission.

The general public is hereby advised to distance themselves from this online scheme. Please note that anyone that subscribe to this illegal activity does so at his/her own risk.

Cc lalasticlala mydd

Source
http://sec.gov.ng/the-attention-of-the-securities-and-exchange-commission-nigeria-sec-has-been-drawn-to-the-activities-of-an-online-investment-scheme-tagged-mmm-federal-republic-of-nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by maxjax(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
SEC is BLIND undecided
Bookiemart01:

Cc lalasticlala mydd

Source

2 Likes

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by emankabu(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
They can't scrap it. Go and find out what happened in South Africa. If you are in a position where you are feeding from people deposit because you are a bank manager or Microfinance bank manager, just know that the world is changing fast and it will not be business as usual. Members of this community are here to give help to themselves so they can start meaningful good enterprise without owing a bank or individuals. You better join us.
emankabu:
Has SEC helped the teaming youth unemployment? Only to gather money to their bank account. MMM is not an investment nor business and no registered office. We are just community helping ourselves. You will need to enact a law stopping people from helping each other first.

3 Likes

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by lastmessenger: 1:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
What js wrong with sec. Yesterday i was paid 78k by mmm after putting in 50k

4 Likes

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by Bookiemart01(f): 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
cheesy cheesy
Wealth Creation of the 2005/2006 comes to mind....

Nobody has bordered to ask or explain how the 30% is generated if those moneys are indeed help...

Do the help seekers pay interest on the help?
These are fundamental questions to be asked before offering any magic help

mikeade53:
you just missed a great opportunity, life is risk and seeing the right risk is what makes a man
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by Pavore9: 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
Time would put things in the clear!
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by otitokoroleti: 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
Bookiemart01:
cheesy cheesy
Wealth Creation of the 2005/2006 comes to mind....

Nobody has bordered to ask or explain how the 30% is generated if those moneys are indeed help...

Do the help seekers pay interest on the help?
These are fundamental questions to be asked before offering any magic help

artmaster, pennywise etc #wonderbanks of those days

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by dagr8(m): 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
Some people will still not hear word. Just pray you ain't the pig that will be slaughtered.

For those celebrating being paid now , nobody is denying that, and of course that is how Ponzi Scheme works, robbing Peter to pay Paul.
You can be lucky to be Paul, and if that is your case, good for you, but don't ever be greedy because programmes like this always have short life span.
In conclusion, na your money o, use am the way you feel like.Just play safe.
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by tolexy007(m): 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2016
Good afternoon my fellow Mavronians, May our Mavro continue to Green cheesy cheesy cheesy.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by hopeforcharles(m): 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
tolexy007:
Good afternoon my fellow Mavronians, May our Mavro continue to Green cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Amen

2 Likes

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by hoodmenconcept(m): 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nmmm Govt wanna stop this ?
You gonna stop someone from sending money to another person ? Is that possible ?
Maybe they can block the webpage from opening and Nigeria lack the host to do that.
Bank is a scam too,
I bought a shares worth of 200k since 2008. i have never receive any dividends and my worth of share now is not even up to 20,000 naira
can someone tell me, this is not a scam ?
its better i invest on mmm and risk my money within a short time (loss or gain) than to invest my money in one stupid bank that keep lying and scam you in a modern way.

Bleep govt.
everything nah risk
type business risk on google then you will understand.
either i loss or i gain.

MMM
all the way.

6 Likes

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by whizqueen(f): 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
Thank God say I never start cheesy
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by natakin(f): 7:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
Bookiemart01:

Cc lalasticlala mydd

Source

You are just seeking attention....your title is misleading and filled with lies...your aim is to get attention and take advantage by misleading the public...and i dont blame you because people without thinking now believes anything that comes out of the internet is true..

I believe in morals and i beleive each and every blogger or internet "posters" should inform the general public with correct information and with facts so as to enable them make informed descisions....

1 Like

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by natakin(f): 7:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
whizqueen:

I dont know how much most of you guys where paid...but its so unfortunate for you and your croonies because MMM is waxing stronger with more than 500k particoants in nigeria...shit on your pants...

Come to think of it over 500k and no single complain fro any member...

Do you love your neighbour that much or simply jealous he or she can pay his/her daughter school fees this september

OR is that he or she just paid for his/her parents medical bills...

Be careful what you do...expecially whe you do not understand what you dealing with...

4 Likes

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by natakin(f): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
dagr8:
Some people will still not hear word. Just pray you ain't the pig that will be slaughtered.

For those celebrating being paid now , nobody is denying that, and of course that is how Ponzi Scheme works, robbing Peter to pay Paul.
You can be lucky to be Paul, and if that is your case, good for you, but don't ever be greedy because programmes like this always have short life span.
In conclusion, na your money o, use am the way you feel like.Just play safe.

Do you love your neighbour this much..i dont think so...
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by obi4eze(m): 7:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
We are saying it now but people will not listen.

One day monkey go go market and not return.

Before you say had I known...

Steer clear of MMM.

It's a SCAMMM
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by natakin(f): 8:11pm On Sep 02, 2016
obi4eze:
We are saying it now but people will not listen.

One day monkey go go market and not return.

Before you say had I known...

Steer clear of MMM.

It's a SCAMMM

Do you love your neighbour this much....
its either you were paid (am very sure not too handsomely) to do this or your brain does not have the capacity to grab MMMs modus operandi...this is the only thing that makes sense in nigeria right now...you are so blind that you cannot see....
MMM members in nigeria are over 500 thousand...500 thousand people cannot be stupid at the same time...think! gadamnit...

Does SEC love nigerians....why this MMM...even during the so called sogun dogoji period..SEC never published a publication of advice...My question is this..why....everybody bought shares in the early 2000..it was like if you didnt buy shares then, you were th most unserious person on earth...what happened to those shares...

You need to stop and think....i am an advocate for the truth...and i believe that every human being on earth has that fundamental human right to correct and factual information so as to be able to make informed descisions...

And am telling you today that MMM is NOT a SCAM....thats a FACT!.....
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by Bookiemart01(f): 8:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
Open your eyes and you'll see that the link posted is sec.gov.ng

Your brain should tell you its not a blog but directly from SEC

If you are pained that your money in MMM will soon go down the drain, please transfer your aggression to someone else cos I can't help you....no be me send you message to dey look for 30% magic profit...

natakin:

You are just seeking attention....your title is misleading and filled with lies...your aim is to get attention and take advantage by misleading the public...and i dont blame you because people without thinking now believes anything that comes out of the internet is true..

I believe in morals and i beleive each and every blogger or internet "posters" should inform the general public with correct information and with facts so as to enable them make informed descisions....

1 Like

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by Bookiemart01(f): 8:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
You mean something that operates like this isn't scam?

"Let's say Mr A provide help of 20,000
Expecting his 30% (26k) in 30days, and he has sent the money to someone. By the time the 30days reaches, someone else MR B will send the money to MR A assuming he want to deposit or provide help of the 26k.
That 26k MR B provided for MR A, he will also get his 30% in 30days from another person MR C"

Mr C will now wait for Mr D and then the foolish cyclist goes on....but you think its not a scam?

Pele ooo

natakin:

Do you love your neighbour this much....
its either you were paid (am very sure not too handsomely) to do this or your brain does not have the capacity to grab MMMs modus operandi...this is the only thing that makes sense in nigeria right now...you are so blind that you cannot see....
MMM members in nigeria are over 500 thousand...500 thousand people cannot be stupid at the same time...think! gadamnit...

Does SEC love nigerians....why this MMM...even during the so called sogun dogoji period..SEC never published a publication of advice...My question is this..why....everybody bought shares in the early 2000..it was like if you didnt buy shares then, you were th most unserious person on earth...what happened to those shares...

You need to stop and think....i am an advocate for the truth...and i believe that every human being on earth has that fundamental human right to correct and factual information so as to be able to make informed descisions...

And am telling you today that MMM is NOT a SCAM....thats a FACT!.....
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by Bookiemart01(f): 8:30pm On Sep 02, 2016

Expecting his 30% (26k) in 30days, and he has sent the money to someone. By the time the 30days reaches, someone else MR B will send the money to MR A assuming he want to deposit or provide help of the 26k.
That 26k MR B provided for MR A, he will also get his 30% in 30days from another person MR C"

Mr C will now wait for Mr D and then the foolish cyclist goes on....but you think its not a scam?

Please some people can pay their children's school fees and pau Evey bill while engaging in reasonable business without Wait for the next Mr MMM helper to EPP them

natakin:

I dont know how much most of you guys where paid...but its so unfortunate for you and your croonies because MMM is waxing stronger with more than 500k particoants in nigeria...shit on your pants...

Come to think of it over 500k and no single complain fro any member...

Do you love your neighbour that much or simply jealous he or she can pay his/her daughter school fees this september

OR is that he or she just paid for his/her parents medical bills...

Be careful what you do...expecially whe you do not understand what you dealing with...
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by Compliant(m): 8:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pure scam

I just don't understand why someone will fall for something of such when most of us have being around to a long time to know all MMM to be scam

NO BE ONLY HELP NA HELPER

1 Like

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by natakin(f): 8:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
Compliant:
Pure scam

I just don't understand why someone will fall for something of such when most of us have being around to a long time to know all MMM to be scam

NO BE ONLY HELP NA HELPER

Its a shame you are not talking with facts...pure assumptions....
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by natakin(f): 9:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
Bookiemart01:

Please some people can pay their children's school fees and pau Evey bill while engaging in reasonable business without Wait for the next Mr MMM helper to EPP them

Remember that Mr A and Mr B will pledge back....and there more to MMM..you see you dont understand its mode of operation...thats why it has over 500 thousand participants..chief 500 thousand participants cant be stupid all at once...stop and think!...there is something happening...stop assuming

Now you will say but i read some BS on wikipedia...i could as well say ''i am the greatest scientist in the world" on wikipedia will you take this as a fact...something is happening under your nose amd all you do is assume...shame on you
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by BinaryRocks: 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
Bookiemart01:

Cc lalasticlala mydd

Source
Sec only advised and nothing more.
Where did SEC make mention of scraping MMM?
Bloody Liar

Nothing you or SEC or sekeseke can do to this God's sent poverty killer in the name of
MMM. If you are afraid to join the winning team, it doesn't stop me to get help. You are only procrastinating your financial freedom and for your information........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by tolexy007(m): 10:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
whizqueen:

let me advice you, stop listen to all those fake article, MMM is just too real. u better join b4 u wish u have join earlier, cos that is my regret now, I would have 3months ago, but I was scared, not until I take a bold 2months ago, and since den, MMM never fail me even I have never see anyone that says MMM scam him or her once u follow the rules and regulations .
Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:25am On Sep 03, 2016
Aunty Bookiemart u sef get time dey narrate ooo. All of them understand ponzi scheme already. Naso dem shout during penny wise, golden gate, wealth Creation but people no go hear cox of greed and mumunity. Mr B money is used to help mr A then Mr A also need to reinvest or mr C money is used to help Mr B. But their mind don't process to what end? D money just dey grow without any business idea. Na human greed so let them enjoy and put their relatives and friends into the scheme. The day the kasala go burst dem go arrest some people while some go run away cox of how much those they have over promised lost

1 Like

Re: MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC by rev2214(m): 10:30am On Sep 03, 2016
mikeade53:
See it this way:

"MMM is like a house full of rice. There's so much rice stored in the room such that if you eat 20 cups alone, it won't shake the rice storage.

*Remember*, before you eat, you must have contributed your own small rice amount to the the large storage.

That rice storage can never be exhausted unless everyone comes to take rice on the same day from the storage.. but in MMM this is not possible because the release date of every fund put into MMM is 2 weeks, before then more people would have deposited more rice.."

if you don't know how it works please don't discourage or scare people from making financial breakthrough.
want to know more Whatsapp Me 08123272289

You said: "MMM is like a house full of rice. There's so much rice stored in the room such that if you eat 20 cups alone, it won't shake the rice storage.

Who is the first person that deposited the 1st Bag or 100bags of rice? The founder I guess. That is like a take off ground. Any business that is given such interest and not producing or rendering any services. Such businesses is for lazy people. We are watching closely to see the end result.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Money With Content Locking / Medical Laboratory: Feasibility Study / Solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.