Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" (72800 Views)

Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi Died Of Brain Hemorrhage - Doctors At Turkish Hospital / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by adanny01(m): 2:27am On Sep 03, 2016
manny4life:

If you can shamelessly open your open and utter these words considering the pain they're going through, I can only ask God to have mercy on you. Before you type rubbish, please endeavor to read. As far as I'm concerned, a marriage that was divorced 30 years ago and the estranged father all of a sudden surfaced right now, deserves all the treatment he gets.

Buwa and I were the product of a short and abusive marriage that ended almost 30 years ago. To a man with many other wives and children. Stella Oduah is the only father, mother, carer and provider that my brother has ever known. The Oduah family is the only Family that he has ever been part of and Akili Ozizo in Anambra state is the only hometown he has ever had.

“I called Mr Satchie and the Etoromi family to inform them immediately my brother passed. I offered flights, accommodation and special care for him or the representatives of the family throughout the funeral. I offered to build a relationship and have a new start.

“I was happy and optimistic. But i was wrong. Instead of asking about his dead son, he proceeded to use my brothers passing as an excuse to shamelessly insult my mother just like he is doing now, issue death threats and even ask for dowry from almost 30 years ago.

Let me quote just one line that says this boy is totally wrong.

The statement reads, “I feel so heartbroken and distraught that during our time of mourning for my beloved brother, I have been reduced to issue a press statement against my biological father, Mr Satchie Etoromi.

I am 100% sure the father didn't reduce the boy to this. His mother did to defend either herself or her family from whatever embarrassment they feel they are going through.

In almost all Nigerian traditions, when a Man or boy dies, he is buried at his fathers house. His father/family have every traditional right to ask his mother to bring the child home.

Children should know better than meddling in their parents business as only the child gets hurt at the end. Humiliating his father will bring nothing to him.

I know of a girl who recently did something like this to her dad. This girls mother's sister was a former minister of finance and senator. Because her mother's sister was wealthy and had sponsored her to school in the UK, she abandoned her dad for several years only to show up at his door with a man asking his blessings. He asked her "where have you been that its only now that you remember i am your father". The girl angrily dragged her fiance out of the fathers house while her dowry was paid at her mothers family house. The wedding went on. It saddens my heart to see her treat her father that way just for money. The man just had 2 daughters and is now retired, alone in his empty house like he never had a family.

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 03, 2016
Mykcool:
Some of you are here bringing culture/tradition into it, a father that only remembered he had a son after death. Is there any culture/ tradition that says a man should abandon or not take care of his kids. The children are even above 28yrs, isn't that old enough for them to know a substantial amount of the truth. It's now the man's family know he has children. I'm not saying he should insult his dad , but for the dad not to think it right to be part of his children's life, mehn that man deserves no respect

try and understand the logic where culture comes in.. that when ever he wants to nurse a political ambition or any other public office in Igbo land that is when he'll be reminded he's not son of the soil..i e he will be disqualified and told he's from Delta

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by exboyolu: 3:10am On Sep 03, 2016
Good Morning all.
I like to remind us a basic ethic of life: The children have no right to insult their father or mother no matter the fault of the father or father. Two wrongs cannot be right.

In as much as i pity his frustration, but going out to lambast his Dad is very wrong and uncivilised and above all it is very anti social. A God fearing person and properly raised children don't do that. I hope he repent and reconcile with his Dad ....otherwise it could spell a big curse...

I wish them well.

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 3:39am On Sep 03, 2016
CandyDiamond:

You dont know what you are talking about,I am talking of Anambra state, Aniocha LGA, your own side may be different. Their is an adage in my place that says that "ozo chio nwadiana o gbanaa igwu nne ye" meaning that if they persue a child in his fathers place he will run to his mothers kindred for integration. Nobody will ask them in the feature of all those things,they will bear the name of their mothers family. A rite will be performed on them by the kindred for assimilation, when they finish eating and performing the rite that is final

sister, children can be assimilated to their mothers family but there's no circumstances that'll qualify them as (UMUNNA) which are decision makers and highest organ in the whole clan

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by adconline(m): 3:40am On Sep 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Just like that.

The man has just officially lost his children. And for this young man running his mouth,one day in the East he will be asked to "POINT OUT HIS FATHER'S HOUSE" there.
Nonsense!! He's likely going to stay in Abuja, Lagos, London and US. He's forever going to be regarded as a King's grandchild. Better to point at your house in Asokoro or VGC than a thick bush in the village. This is 2016!!

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Positivemind1: 3:52am On Sep 03, 2016
Lies from the pit of hell ... How can a marriage that ended 30 years ago as claimed by Oduahs produced the late 28 years old son and his brother who probably is younger.... Inconsistencies!

2 Wrongs

The Father was wrong to have gone to the Press on this issue While the Son truly proved that he's like his father in mentality was wrong by going to the Press too.

This is a trying time for both families... May God grant them the fortitude to bear this great loss
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Sunsets: 4:11am On Sep 03, 2016
revolt:
he's a foolish boy. He doesn't know he's not from his maternal home. There are no utoromis there.

His mum did a poor job by letting her beef with the father affect the kids
You never know. The son must be old enough to have experienced his father first hand. I think this is beyond the influence the woman has over the boy. What role has the man being playing for over two decades in the life of his sons. May be he offered to help but was rebuffed or he never cared. The father doesn't sound it though. There is still time for him to ask for his remaining sons now that they are alive. He seems to be fascinated and attracted by cadavers instead..
The father fired the first shot by playing to the social media gallery. He would have continued to pursue his agenda underground.
I think it's in the blood, like father like son. May God help them. Amen.
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by chukel(m): 4:19am On Sep 03, 2016
How many husbands did Stella odua get married to?

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by MamaletASO: 4:21am On Sep 03, 2016
Send. Stella Oduah pls accept my condolence.
Chinedu Erotomi RIP
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by ManMountain(m): 4:55am On Sep 03, 2016
Sad!!
The guy should have known better to remain silent, but I see the mother's handwriting in this press release.

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by lawani: 5:01am On Sep 03, 2016
What did the father do wrong? He is not the only polygamist and if your mother married a polygamist and later became a billionaire, that is your own luck, na awhoof be that. It does not mean your father is a bad man. If you are renouncing your father's heritage, put it in your will and properly adopt your mother's village, it is also your village. Is your Mum the first wife? Or what did your father do wrong really? To ask that his unwed son probably with no landed property be buried by him?
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by oruma19: 5:09am On Sep 03, 2016
This boy has been brainwashed by the evil and greedy mother. He will surely reap the seed he has just down. Foolish son of a harlot and thief called Stella. U are indeed a bastard!

4 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by dan6019(m): 6:06am On Sep 03, 2016
Young man; it is better for you to know that no matter how bad the man has been to you people, he remains your father and still have that authority over you. God put that in place, you may be toiling with a shortened life span, that's God's verdict. 'Honour your parents that your days may be long and be well with you'. My candid advice to you is: reconcile with him and treat him as your father, let him make positive pronoucement - blessing on you; if he utters the other one, it will also come to pass! A word is enough for the wise. Money can't replace your father, who is still alive!

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by babapressy(m): 6:08am On Sep 03, 2016
But why
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by back2sender: 6:11am On Sep 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Just like that.

The man has just officially lost his children. And for this young man running his mouth,one day in the East he will be asked to "POINT OUT HIS FATHER'S HOUSE" there.
God bless you, you sabi well well.
I just laughed at the boy stupidity, he thinks he is insulting his father not knowing he just messed himself up big time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by ElakheIfidon: 6:13am On Sep 03, 2016
manny4life:

If you can shamelessly open your open and utter these words considering the pain they're going through, I can only ask God to have mercy on you. Before you type rubbish, please endeavor to read. As far as I'm concerned, a marriage that was divorced 30 years ago and the estranged father all of a sudden surfaced right now, deserves all the treatment he gets.

Buwa and I were the product of a short and abusive marriage that ended almost 30 years ago. To a man with many other wives and children. Stella Oduah is the only father, mother, carer and provider that my brother has ever known. The Oduah family is the only Family that he has ever been part of and Akili Ozizo in Anambra state is the only hometown he has ever had.

“I called Mr Satchie and the Etoromi family to inform them immediately my brother passed. I offered flights, accommodation and special care for him or the representatives of the family throughout the funeral. I offered to build a relationship and have a new start.

“I was happy and optimistic. But i was wrong. Instead of asking about his dead son, he proceeded to use my brothers passing as an excuse to shamelessly insult my mother just like he is doing now, issue death threats and even ask for dowry from almost 30 years ago.
Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by asha80(m): 6:31am On Sep 03, 2016
oyb:
So much for all the bs about ibos being model husbands.
so up till till now you are still holed up on everything east of ore is Igbo abi? Etoromi Na Igbo name to you right? Smh

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by ShootToKill: 6:31am On Sep 03, 2016
HungerBAD:
Just like that.

Unfortunately for your like Easterners do not deny children of their daughters any form of love. If your father's people disown you, the only safest place you can have refuge in Igboland is your maternal home. No matter the crime you have commited.

Did you read about Okonkwo in Achebe's Things fall apart? If you cannot point to your father's house, you should at least point to your mother's hut.
Igbos believe that NNEKA (Mother is greater).

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by KardinalZik(m): 6:36am On Sep 03, 2016
I pity the idiot trynna ridicule his father. Nemesis is surely gonna make his kids ridicule him in same way.

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by kov624665(m): 6:42am On Sep 03, 2016
manny4life:

Its either you feel you understand the statement better than anyone on this thread or you belong to the Oduah family. Or...hmm....maybe you're only stupid. Cos i wonder why you should easily believe a one-sided story.

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by pek(m): 6:44am On Sep 03, 2016
ikp120:

My dad? Am not inviting him to my wedding for any reason. My dad is like that guy's father. I only call him when I hear he is sick (as his only son). He has never called me on phone. He doesn't give a dime about me. By the time I am done with school, I will change my surname. I know how he sees my mum. My mum always ask us to forgive him. That's why I can tell you that that man is only likely being mischievous. He told a clear lie that even a child can tell you is a lie.
There are some things you don't spew on public forum.

2 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by modath(f): 6:51am On Sep 03, 2016
Rexleo:
God bless you,accidentally the woman is the loser here.people think it is with money they raise kids.I have a very powerful secretary in my office, money influence and all what both.but I tell you she's lost all her kids due to something of this nature power ,money and fame.I pray it don't come to that for this ones.

Amen & you too...

I have seen 1st hand how women, especially the vindictive ones spin stories to their kids.... Not hearsay, true life story... These kids are 7 & 4 .. They are told daily how horrible their father was to their mom... Not true, the man just got tired of her attitude...

This is why i always will advise men to never adopt the stance of leaving the kids to a difficult woman in hope that those kids will as adults be able to make independent decisions, in the ensuing years, the woman will without fail have damaged any chance of reconciliation between the kids and their fathers....

P.S... This woman has been married & divorced 3x, she can't be allowed to play victim. She is either a problematic soul or a poor judge of men which still boils down to her having deeper issues..

3 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by micmarvellous(m): 6:55am On Sep 03, 2016
I've read what a lot you have been saying bout this issue.
The truth remains, the worst that ever happened to a son is not to have a relationship with the father. It is maddening, agonizing, tormenting, psychologically demeaning.
I understand what the Son to Senator Oduah is going through right now, but I really pray he calms real down find a possible means of reconciliation.
As for the father, I don't know what to say cos some fathers can be beasts in human form.
Never take your relationship/bond as a father with your children for granted, when its lost, its lost and this is what it could result to.

3 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Becalm(m): 7:09am On Sep 03, 2016
I am shocked to hear people call those that condemn the boy's actions[b] Sexists[/b]. The young man insulted his father publicly, this is where the condemnation lies. He could have debunked his father's statement without humiliating him or statements like he will rather be a bastard than be known as a son OR allow the mother to respond in any manner she liked. Such statement shows he lacks respect or not well trained and anger should never be an excuse.

All he said about the father that we have been debating here is only one side of the story and many had been so quick to judge the father. People who also accused the mother of playing a role in the matter based on her past marriages and conducts as a minister are also in error.

There are teenagers and younger men and women on Nairaland and whatever we pass on to them is important. PARENTS will always be PARENTS separeated or divorced. There must be a time, the father showered him with love and kindness...as a baby, toddler to whenever- probably the time of divorce. I saw deep hatred for the father in the boy's speech and find it difficult to believe there was ever a sincere move for reconciliation as he claimed.

3 Likes

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 03, 2016
eyinjuege:

And most importantly, fathers should step up and stop being sperms donors. Even if you've divorced your wife, take care of your children, ask after them always, check up on them regularly, send upkeep money for feeding and school fees as they won't feed on stone or air.
Don't leave the raising of your children to only their mothers.

true and while there are many irresponsible fathers, there are also many instances wher the father has tried to do his bit but the children have been so poisoned by their mother they want nothing to do with him. You know men generally don't talk, so kids tend to take what their Mother says as truth in the absense of the father's version.

I have a female colleague at the moment who is seperated from her husband, the husand does not know where she or his kids live. She showed me a text where ke was asking when and where he can see his kids, I keep telling her don't do this to your children, she never listens. When oy is time for school fees she will remmemver he is their father and be complaining that this man is late for fees. The choice of words she uses when talking about the father of her children to me a colleague, I can only imagine what she says to the kids. I look at her many times and think to myself you are cerainly a bad mother and perhaps a bad wife even though clearly the husband has issues but ofcourse i dare not tell her or she will chop my head. Those children will grow up thinking their father abandoned them. When in fact the mother refused access. I suspect one of the reasons she is refusing access and doesn't te;; the husband where she lives is because she is seeing someone....she had confided in me

I also know someone who resents her mother because she later in life found out that all the negative stories she told her about her Dad were false, the man is dead now.

Keep your sh*it away from your kids

Ironically she comes froma broken home herself rinse repeat the pyschological danage.

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by iamrealdeji(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2016
tafabaloo:
Ok.

Too bad and un-african like.

Well, I'm not qualified to be a judge in this matter. However, I think that whatever cld hav transpired between ur parents shld hav better remained between them, especially if you can't bring the needed peace.

It would have been beautiful if the unfortunate passing of ur brother had been exploited to bring the two together and subsequently make peace. Sad enough, the matter grew from bad to worse, perhaps ,owing to poor handling .

Be that as it may , I just pray that,may you never be served the same plate you just extended to d man you described as your father.

What goes around surely comes around..... Meanwhile, how would you feel when you get this kind of feedback from one you called your son because I doubt if you are a bastard .

you said everything that goes around comes around then his father probably did the same to his on father too,again,you do know what his father has done to him and his family. Some African father's think they have the right to enslave their children because there is no court you can take them to

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by osusuallstars: 7:25am On Sep 03, 2016
No female politician has ever made it to the too having a stable family home especially with the husband

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 03, 2016
manny4life:
It's only someone who hasn't been through a fire would stand by the side advising another who's been hurt by the fire how he would gone through it without getting hurt. I don't want to delve into this but our people say, whoever brings ant infested firewood into his house should prepare to invite lizards to his home. Nothing further.

What you missed my guy is that, despite the marriage ending 30yrs ago, those children are still their father's children. It is still the duty of the estranged wife or better still, the wife's family to inform him of his son's demise and deliberate on burial plans, not the shameless boy who thinks money can buy wisdom. It is unheard of in our clime for a child from a properly consumated marriage to be buried in his/her mother's place let alone compound. Who approved of such sacrilege? I am ashamed a traditional ruler kept mute to such an unhealthy practice. Probably because of Odua's influence but he forgot the ibo adage that says "An elder does not fold his hands and watch a pregnant goat deliver while still tied to a stake".

The boy was WRONG, his mother was irrespective of whatever have transpired between her and the boy's father. We are talking of death here; a man's son.

Kai! Alu emeee.

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by 1by1(m): 7:26am On Sep 03, 2016
Words of wisdom: "when you are angry dont say a word," cos watsoeva dat is said in anoyance is always wrong and comes wit regret . This bros needs to ask 4 4giveness 4rm his Dad.

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 03, 2016
Fatherhood is earned, way above bloodlines.

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by iamrealdeji(m): 7:49am On Sep 03, 2016
dan6019:
Young man; it is better for you to know that no matter how bad the man has been to you people, he remains your father and still have that authority over you. God put that in place, you may be toiling with a shortened life span, that's God's verdict. 'Honour your parents that your days may be long and be well with you'. My candid advice to you is: reconcile with him and treat him as your father, let him make positive pronoucement - blessing on you; if he utters the other one, it will also come to pass! A word is enough for the wise. Money can't replace your father, who is still alive!
do you know the type of devil the father is himself? What if he reconciles and the man starts using charms on him,what if the father's aim is to get him humiliated,what if the father's aim is to disgrace him in public? Don't even tell me a father can't do all that to his child when fathers use their children for money rituals in this Nigeria,when fathers sleep with their daughters. There are really wicked fathers bro. If your father is good to you,it doesn't mean that's how it is all over

1 Like

Re: Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" by wirinet(m): 7:52am On Sep 03, 2016
---

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

A Young Chinese Girl Hugged Buhari So Tight / DSS Arrests Ibrahim Magu, EFCC Chairman / Buhari Protected By US Female Secret Service Agent In New York. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.