Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening (5607 Views)

Primary 3 Exam Question About Buhari & Jonathan: Unfair or Not? / Renowned Professor L.A Salami Of Uniben Is Dead / Uniben Is Refunding Screening Fee To All Registered Candidates (2) (3) (4)

Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by fucklil: 6:57am On Sep 03, 2016
I had 215 in jamb aND applied for mathematics and economics .
According to the stipulated cut off for math$econ is 200 yesterday when I checked my kofa account I saw a link showing "download screening invitation slip "" which I downloaded but the screening invitation didn't include date so waited for the next day
On checking today I was surprised as I saw on my kofa page that I'm ""not eligible for the screening" ...I met all the eligibility requirement including my course cut off point as in Uniben.edu and I had also originally being posted there by jamb for admission consideration b4 jamb withdrawal of names. .
Even people that were not posted by jamb are. Now eligible for the screening .
The preadmission registration is closing on the 11th September, I cannot afford to waste one more year after all the labour .I don't know what to do
What do you suggests I do
Pls I need your advice .
pls help me move to fp

Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by Tome4real(m): 7:12am On Sep 03, 2016
i have the same probz,exactly as your own....lets just meekly wait and murmur not...the end justifies the means...have faith.
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by fucklil: 7:30am On Sep 03, 2016
Tome4real:
i have the same probz,exactly as your own....lets just meekly wait and murmur not...the end justifies the means...have faith.
which course?
We can't just wait ......we need make our complain considering the fact that most people were eligible and reg is closing 8days time
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by Phranex(m): 8:39am On Sep 03, 2016
fucklil:
which course?
We can't just wait ......we need make our complain considering the fact that most people were eligible and reg is closing 8days time

Although, I saw the "eligible for screening" but I didn't see the button to download the screening invitation letter.

Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by Ellidude(m): 10:49am On Sep 03, 2016
OP I am really sorry for your predicament. However, on the off chance that nothing can be done, I'd advise you not to waste the one year you're already tagging as wasted. One year is just enough time to get several skills that may help you on the long run and even give you an edge over most Nigerian Graduates.

I'm not praying that your screening status shouldn't be reconsidered but you must be truthful to yourself, It rarely happens in Nigeria. You just have to prepare your mind for the worst possible outcomes. If it does really happen, know that it isn't your TIME ZONE yet.

Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by Hodhalor(m): 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
I av d same issue too... I want to study mechanical engineering... M gettin scared..

Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by Francis95(m): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
That's really Unfair, and to think there are few candidates going for the course.. Nawa o
Boss I would advise you to visit the School or better still register for Uniben Jupeb pre degree programme, the registration is gonna end on 12th of this month.

Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by duduade: 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
When i cant complaining that this new process wasn't going to favour many people.... I was been castigated.... Now see the results....
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by akpananiefiok(m): 12:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
I suggest that this should be moved to front page, UNIBEN is not being fair, they have sold ur plot to another person..... try and also get to auditorium to table ur issue
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by maxi225: 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2016
Go to UNIBEN and visit the CRPU to rectify the problem..
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by osjoshua(m): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
i'm really devastated....same here bro, u are not alone..mine is 216, jamb didnt mark my script well and they didnt bother to add 1 mark to it,added 40 n 80 marks to almost all my friends except me, anyway i decided to break everything with my postume high score with passion, gathered text books and all past questions but FG decided punch postume.
And now uniben they tell me say i'm not eligible to even be screened.....jux so so angry
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by osjoshua(m): 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
fucklil:
I had 215 in jamb aND applied for mathematics and economics .
According to the stipulated cut off for math$econ is 200 yesterday when I checked my kofa account I saw a link showing "download screening invitation slip "" which I downloaded but the screening invitation didn't include date so waited for the next day
On checking today I was surprised as I saw on my kofa page that I'm ""not eligible for the screening" ...I met all the eligibility requirement including my course cut off point as in Uniben.edu and I had also originally being posted there by jamb for admission consideration b4 jamb withdrawal of names. .
Even people that were not posted by jamb are. Now eligible for the screening .
The preadmission registration is closing on the 11th September, I cannot afford to waste one more year after all the labour .I don't know what to do
What do you suggests I do
Pls I need your advice .
pls help me move to fp

make we go meet them together on monday..
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by fucklil: 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
osjoshua:

make we go meet them together on monday..
Let make it Tuesday cos I live in ib ur whatsapp no?
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by otokx(m): 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
FG made a mistake in cancelling post utme exam.
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by fucklil: 4:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
Francis95:
That's really Unfair, and to think there are few candidates going for the course.. Nawa o
Boss I would advise you to visit the School or better still register for Uniben Jupeb pre degree programme, the registration is gonna end on 12th of this month.
How much does jupeb cost??
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by Oluwatobex(m): 4:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
Francis95:
like how much does it cost?
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by fucklil: 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
maxi225:
Go to UNIBEN and visit the CRPU to rectify the problem..
What's CRPU pls?? Full meaning
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by Francis95(m): 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
Oluwatobex:

like how much does it cost?
15k for the registration, 126k for school fees and 26k for Exam fee, buh this is just for Uniben.
Note, Their might be hike in fees this session
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by Francis95(m): 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
fucklil:

How much does jupeb cost??
15k for the registration, 126k for school fees and 26k for Exam fee, buh this is just for Uniben.
Note, Their might be hike in fees this session
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by osjoshua(m): 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
fucklil:

Let make it Tuesday cos I live in ib ur whatsapp no?
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by osjoshua(m): 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
otokx:
FG made a mistake in cancelling post utme exam.

chai..a very big one
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by Mhizbest1997: 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
Pls my whatsapp number 09083274920..pls contact me for anuy update cuz am still aving same problem as you guys
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by maxi225: 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
Register again..it will work..i knw of someone who was ineligible initially yesterday bt registered again and was given
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by fucklil: 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
maxi225:
Register again..it will work..i knw of someone who was ineligible initially yesterday bt registered again and was given
How?
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by osjoshua(m): 5:37am On Sep 04, 2016
maxi225:

pls ask the person how he did it cos mine also say 'already set'...procedures pls..
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by pxemma100: 7:14am On Sep 04, 2016
Hodhalor:
I av d same issue too... I want to study mechanical engineering... M gettin scared..
.issues like he's? pls call 08109649308.or watsapp me.i am emmanuel odogbor. a stdnt uniben. i will direct u (legally) on wht to do.tnks
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by fucklil: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2016
pxemma100:
.issues like he's? pls call 08109649308.or watsapp me.i am emmanuel odogbor. a stdnt uniben. i will direct u (leg[s][/s]ally)on wht to do.tnks
Emmanuel odogbor is a scam beware !
30k to change me from a course with just 49 aspirants to a course with 90 aspirantS
Kudos! undecided

Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by fucklil: 8:10pm On Sep 05, 2016
Last month na pharmacy
This month Na medicine
undecided undecided undecided legally
Pxemma100 undecided Explain

Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by pxemma100: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2016
fucklil:

Emmanuel odogbor is a scam beware !
30k to change me from a course with just 49 aspirants to a course with 90 aspirantS
Kudos! undecided
.if i am a scam why telling u my full name. prior to d pharmacy i was in pharmacy delsu.pend admission for unibens prior to unacreditation then;criticise me or nt u dnt knw me.take care
Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by eistien(m): 1:58am On Sep 07, 2016
My brother you are not alone, am having the same problem, I scored 211 in jamb and I applied for chemical engineering but when I went online to check I saw that they have increased the cut off mark for most science courses.

I tried changing it to electrical engineering because it's 210 but it didn't work, I even tried to apply again as a new candidate using another email account but it still didn't work.

That means they failed me without even writing any exam or going for screening.

Assuming they earlier said that they would increase the cut off mark I would have bought change of institution form but now it's too late

We were lied to and defrauded, maybe if this was another country I would be hoping that something can be done but this is Nigeria so I advise those that have been affected to move on and find other alternative or to start making plans on how to utilize this one extra year that uniben and Nigeria have forced upon us without giving us a chance to try.

As for me, I don handover una mata give God Almighty.

Oga lalastclala abeg help us move this matter go front page so that other people go hear our cries.

cc : Richiez, fynestboi. tosyn2much, seun

Re: Uniben Is Unfair In Their Preadmission Screening by learoce(m): 8:25am On Sep 07, 2016
Please can someone who met all other requirements apart from the 5 credits at 1st sitting (surprisingly failed English in the just concluded waec) still eligible to apply for uniben admission? Please help out with reliable information.

OMG!!! Can You Do This? It Is Highly Ridiculous; Photo / Kasu.edu.ng / JAMB Grants Albinos Partaking In 2012 UTME Two Extra Hours