Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

The Fastest Internet In The World - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fastest Internet In The World (7751 Views)

Pictures: Is Airtel The Fastest Network In Nigeria? / 2014/2015 Fastest Internet Speed By Countries / Top 20 Fastest Internet Providers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Leopantro: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2009
Please which country is that?i want to deport to that country.the fastest speed i have ever seen is 60kps.right now,i'm struggling with 3kps
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Dclique(m): 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2009
Hahaha
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by fashrola(m): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2009
(megabits per second)
1 South Korea 20.4
2 Japan 15.8
3 Sweden 12.8
4 Netherlands 11.0
5 Germany 8.3
6 United States 5.1
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Infoseye(m): 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2009
we talking GBps not mbps grin
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by alex406(m): 7:29pm On Oct 05, 2009
I wish i can travel on that speed!
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by rooney86(m): 8:08pm On Oct 05, 2009
someone saw a ridiculous video on youtube & everyone's talking about it. i doubt if anybody even watched the video.

the video proves nothing.

nobody gets 80Gb/s download speed anywhere in the world.

the speed in the video is even 286779 Kb/s, so where did mr op get 80Gb/s
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 05, 2009
una dey dere dey speak grammar!

i no even fit open the utube video link because of slow internet!

i don wait reach 15minutes now still ineva open!

una dey dey talk of 80GB when we neva get correct 2kbps!

rubbish country! phewwwwsss!!
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Dclique(m): 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2009
Lol, what ntwrk are u using?.

Am sure its not 3G.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by thegr8ola: 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2009
at least for Nigerian standards,MTN 3.5G,ZAIN 3G and GLO 3G are very fast to the average Nigerian.
People get above 200kb/s download speed.I think the average CYBER CAFE in Nigeria and even the one's that charge N200/hour don't exceed 10-15kb/s.

So itz a welcome development.forget about 80GB/s for now.

@all.

i just hacked UDP for MTN with F r e e e e e d o m about 2 hours ago. grin

This is not HTTPS or HTTP with universal IP's that

1.Takes time to connnect
2.are most times slow
3.very very unstable

THIS IS THE FAMOUS UDP that connects in approx. 1 sec. cheesy

check out this screenshot

Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Iykopee(m): 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2009
I later watched that mumu video and believed that the 1st poster graduated from LIE'NUX university just 4 mentioning 80gb/ps
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by linkin8k(m): 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2009
That is crazy!! 80gb/sec wow!!! Anyhow if u get dat kin connection u go tire 4 internet. U go dey download movies and games in less than a second.

If i get dat kin connection na 2 open cyber cafe dey charge N1000 for 30 minutes wink
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 05, 2009
Even this 80g/s can only be found in one country in the world if my knowledge is right. That country is Japan, and it's even in a tiny part of that country. The truth is that the whole world is a long way from that kind of speed. Not to talk of Nigeria.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Infoseye(m): 3:28am On Oct 06, 2009
To those who called me names no problem I ve no time to exchange words with u, some pple here answered well while some of you did not even watch the video at all and commented without thinking at all. Well its possible but man it will be a great task for Nigerian telecom and if they are willing to how much will they charge?? When there present service is killing, God bless this country.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by erico2k2(m): 9:27am On Oct 06, 2009
Guys, it seemed to me you forget to realise that the download might be comming from a server and not from a particular network lol btw, as far as we use wireless technology here in Nigeria we wont get far, for us to get fast internet download speed, we got to get wired network,thats what the advance countries have. sad
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Dieunedort: 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2009
surprising wey u get dat figure from, fr de video na 286779 Kb/s, u fit explain to us how ur convert this figure to 80gb / s
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by adebayo201: 1:03pm On Oct 06, 2009
undecided undecided
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Abelicious: 4:46pm On Oct 06, 2009
OMG!! 80gb+ is way outta this world, it is simply crazy, that speed for a single node,,
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by awocad14: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2009
Dont be fooled 80gb/s is not atainable its the total bandwidth not on individual machines
d best u cld get 4gb/s
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 10:36pm On Oct 06, 2009
It is not surprising at all. I know it is highly attainable. Need less to say, I operate on 1.6GBps here in Nigeria. I downloaded the latest Yahoo messenger of 16.1MB in 0.09secs. It is a foreign server though that I use to boost my sluggish network of 115.2kps to 1.6gbps.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by 4llerbe(m): 11:56pm On Oct 06, 2009
HA NAIJA, I HAIL o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
see this one don create 1.6 gbs on 115kbps modem, kai na wah o!!!!!!!!!

and even that yeye screenshots game when dem dey play for this n.l. if u dey use dial up or by some means dey go thru some server somewhere around the world, when you do speed test na that server wey they host u dey do the test naw, na y u go dey see 6mbps speeds for person wey they use gprs of 40 kbps max. haha, so if u come dey use vast with 100mbps direct nko, ur speedtest go be 1 terabyte per sec?

beta make we hear word all of una, if ur fone modem na 460.8kbps capable na which kind miracle come dey produce 4 mbps, the modem upgrade spiritually? funny thing is even the so called 3g is pegged to max out at 384 kbps!!!!! allowing for latency from ur fone modem, usb sticks MAY do better cos some are 3.5 mbps capable though the network limits it.

and all those downloadmanagr shots do not count. if i have a 3.5 mbps modem and my provider is giving me 50 kbps at any point in time, beos of multithreadind and the capability of the modem i can get 50 x multithreads speeds sp wat are we talking about? guy NOT EVEN THE CIA/FBI CAN TRANSFER DATA AT 80 GBPS. gig ma la pe ke, guy we no get tribal marks o!!!!!
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Infoseye(m): 6:58am On Oct 07, 2009
surveycash:

It is not surprising at all. I know it is highly attainable. Need less to say, I operate on 1.6GBps here in Nigeria. I downloaded the latest Yahoo messenger of 16.1MB in 0.09secs. It is a foreign server though that I use to boost my sluggish network of 115.2kps to 1.6gbps.

Can you pls explain how you increased your 115.2kps to 16gps?
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by donjon: 7:42am On Oct 07, 2009
9jamania! Se dat 80gig no go blow system?
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by erico2k2(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2009
surveycash:

Guy relax, Nigerians aint that naive anymore,what you a stating is just not atainable even on forein servers,Im in Nigeria at teh moment and I have brought my wireles network with me(Tmobile UK) it still has to roam fru MTN my max speed is 460.8kbs.The other thing is when I use my sony ericson K810i as a modern it directly connects with my laptop and there is something calle an ethernet emulator port ie my phone becomes a server and can connect to more than one computer it then displays a speed of up to 980.8Kbs but that aint the true sped, its just the speed of connection between my phone and my laptop ok.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by lawisong(m): 8:30am On Oct 07, 2009
So because we live in a JET age we want everything to be as fast as a jet. We want FAST cars,
FAST planes,
FAST success,
FAST promotion,
no wonder we have FAST food outlets all over the place.
Now with an internet speed of 80Gps, i wonder if the almighty Philip Emeagwali uses something close to that. Well, if its presently feasible then i wonder what will come in the future. Perhaps we'll have to buckle our seatbelt before browsing to avoid been blown away to cyberspaceB-)
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by lawisong(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2009
So because we live in a JET age so we want everything to be as fast as a jet. We want FAST cars, FAST planes, FAST success, FAST promotion, no wonder we have FAST food outlets all over the place. Now with an internet speed of 80Gps, i wonder if the almighty Philip Emeagwali uses something close to that. Well, if its presently feasible then i wonder what will come in the future. Perhaps we'll have to buckle our seatbelt before browsing to avoid been blown away to cyberspace. grin
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by bizonline2: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2009
I believed if our govt can get their acts together, they can do better than what we are currenly experiencing in terms of internet speeds and connection in the country,
80gps of internet speed is something!
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by bizonline2: 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2009
For those who dont believed in the ability of this country doing somthing like this should please change theior mind set as I believe we can achieve such technilogical greatness, if we are giving the opportunity
lawisong:

So because we live in a JET age so we want everything to be as fast as a jet. We want FAST cars, FAST planes, FAST success, FAST promotion, no wonder we have FAST food outlets all over the place. Now with an internet speed of 80Gps, i wonder if the almighty Philip Emeagwali uses something close to that. Well, if its presently feasible then i wonder what will come in the future. Perhaps we'll have to buckle our seatbelt before browsing to avoid been blown away to cyberspace. grin
There is nothing wrong in wanting a fast internt speed, my guy
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by donjon: 1:06pm On Oct 07, 2009
Seatbelts, eh? Dis no bi joke mata again
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by iniguy(m): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2009
We will definitely get there one day!
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Ascony(m): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2009
waaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? shocked shocked shocked
80gbps? with that speed , i will download real girls from carribean, and after much i will upload them back to their base. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who else Got 40GB For Re-registration?? / Blackberry Pin Exchange, Singles & Fun Seekers / New Launched Smartphone Vsun Smart And Vsun Furious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.